Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

George Nkencho shooting *Mod warning Added to OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

Burkie1203 wrote: »
    Really need to completely revamp who we let into the country.

https://twitter.com/orlaredchan/status/1345789778701262849?s=19

Is that the full video or just a snippet of it seems to be very specifically cut? Not saying he is wrong for what he saying but looks to be a red rag to a bull for causing divide and maybe its more.

We really need to look at our immigration policy overall, apparently running from persecution now means you should be entitled to allot more. We should be turning cutting off the supply of these economic refugees because that is what they are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭46 Long

"My brother wouldn't hurt a fly say family who needed to take out protection orders against their brother with a history of threatening behaviour"
    Nkencho, who had a history of mental health issues and threatening behaviour, was followed to his mother’s home in Clonee by gardai. They say they repeatedly asked him to drop his weapon but he refused to do so.

Officers say they had previously been called to deal with disturbances arising from his behaviour at the house in Manorfields. Members of the family had obtained protection orders against the young man on the basis that he posed a threat to their safety.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/gardai-had-to-shoot-george-nkencho-under-public-safety-protocols-wkg5vk6mf?shareToken=07276aedcc93d62c40e2147ef50cfcd5

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Cilldara_2000

Calhoun wrote: »
    Is that the full video or just a snippet of it seems to be very specifically cut? Not saying he is wrong for what he saying but looks to be a red rag to a bull for causing divide and maybe its more.

We really need to look at our immigration policy overall, apparently running from persecution now means you should be entitled to allot more. We should be turning cutting off the supply of these economic refugees because that is what they are.

There's a link allegedly to the full video in the tweet but it won't let me play because it says the file is too big.

Does anyone have a working link to the full video?

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭Renjit

Calhoun wrote: »
    We should be turning cutting off the supply of these economic refugees because that is what they are.

EU plays an important role here:
    As of 31 December 20119, progress across the various strands of the IRPP was as follows:

Under the EU Relocation strand, 1,022 people were relocated to Ireland

Under UNHCR Resettlement, a commitment was made to resettle 1,985 people, of which 1,913 resettlements have now been completed;

Under the IRPP Humanitarian Admission Programme 2018/19 (IHAP), a commitment was made to admit 740 family members of refugees;

Under other mechanisms (Search and Rescue Missions, Unaccompanied Minors from Greece, Calais Special Project), a commitment was made to admit 253 people, of which 113 have arrived.

A multi-faceted approach was adopted to the implementation of the Irish Refugee Protection Programme including the following measures:

International protection for up to 4,000 persons overall under the EU Resettlement and Relocation Programmes with the bulk of this composed of programme refugees coming from Lebanon and predetermined as refugees by the UNHCR and asylum seekers relocating from Greece and Italy;
    The establishment of new cross-departmental and inter-agency Taskforce chaired by the Department of Justice and Equality to deal with the coordination of the operational and logistical aspects of the support programme. The Taskforce, has a whole of Government approach and includes membership by UNHCR and the Irish Red Cross;
    Establish a network of Emergency Reception and Orientation Centres for the initial reception of those arriving under the relocation programme. Two centres are now operational and these are located Clonea Strand, Co. Waterford and Ballaghadereen, Co. Roscommon, with additional spaces allocated in the Mosney Accommodation Centre, Co. Meath.
    A new International Protection Act which is now law.
    The Government also provided an additional package of processing resources to deal with major increases in asylum and other immigration cases, including the relocation measure, preparation for the Single Protection application process and increased enforcement across a number of areas.

http://www.justice.ie/en/JELR/Pages/Irish_Refugee_Protection_Programme_(IRPP)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭slavetothegrind

i tried but everything i typed was rude and angry....
    the mob mentality is ridiculous and the educated one uses his power to increase his influence, clearly a student of history.
    There is a cultural mentality here that is not going to assimilate.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

George no longer trending on Irish Twitter.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

I'd imagine I can't go to Nigeria and be given money ,a house ,a business and talk to a police officer that looks and sounds like me ,

But hey ,you came got social housing , welfare payments and gave next to nothing in return

• Registered Users Posts: 11,790 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

• Registered Users Posts: 8,691 ✭✭✭corks finest

She is proof positive of the constant lowering of the bar for a certain section of our society.

We don't expect these people to actually improve themselves but rather just give them opportunities that they haven't earned and turn a blind eye to their failings.

Then you end up with people like her and Ebun. Morons who are drunk on their own self importance dictating to the rest of us while barely being able to string a coherent sentence together. Question them and you are called racist/classist/sexist.

Clown World.
    Great Post

• Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭Green Peter

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 285 ✭✭Hellokitty1212

Oh and to add Dr Joseph used to leave a copy of her book on the desk, for weeks at a time - practically begging us to ask her about it.

If you said you didn’t like someone who was black, your reasons were racist - no matter why you didn’t actually like them.

During Pride week she had a face like thunder - saying the Diversity Team should be better spent on other purposes like the “rampant racism in Ireland”. I thought her very homophobic.

She tried to pressurize the team into sending a letter to management protesting that they didn’t mark the “tragic murder” of George Floyd - very much a “you’ll sign or you’re racist”.

Hugely confrontational; ironically very divisive and terrifying to deal with.

I blocked her on Twitter. Life is too short.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 382 ✭✭oldtimeyfella

I refuse to believe that he actually stands by a single word that is coming out of his mouth in this clip. Just fishing for votes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭FGR

I know bullying policies are rarely worth the paper they're written on..but I wouldn't be surprised if you told me no one reported her for that alleged behaviour.

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭BoroMan32

Oh and to add Dr Joseph used to leave a copy of her book on the desk, for weeks at a time - practically begging us to ask her about it.

If you said you didn’t like someone who was black, your reasons were racist - no matter why you didn’t actually like them.

During Pride week she had a face like thunder - saying the Diversity Team should be better spent on other purposes like the “rampant racism in Ireland”. I thought her very homophobic.

She tried to pressurize the team into sending a letter to management protesting that they didn’t mark the “tragic murder” of George Floyd - very much a “you’ll sign or you’re racist”.

Very good insight but not all that surprising.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,606 ✭✭✭Hamachi

Until the start of the pandemic I had the misfortune to share an office with Ebun Joseph.

It was the most stressful time of my life.

You have my utmost sympathy having to share a space with that ball of toxicity. The woman radiates negativity and anger, bordering on outright hatred.

If it’s any consolation, I haven’t heard one person ever have anything positive to say about her.

One question if I may. Do you believe she has a long term future in Irish academia? Surely, she is bringing UCD into disrepute with her outrageous ramblings on Twitter and elsewhere. Is there any sense that she is a liability to the institution?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

It is a solid message to have, we shouldnt be letting it divide us but the attempts to turn it into a racist issue has essentially turned allot of the working class against the community.

The continued video leaks of them demanding **** is further driving the divide.

Also forgot to say these again are people before profit with a career in **** stirring, they are hoping this would be a band wagon like the water charges it is not but dont be surprised when election time roles around and its FF/FG again.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,579 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Really need to completely revamp who we let into the country.

https://twitter.com/orlaredchan/status/1345789778701262849?s=19

Bet he didn't say any of that when he turned up at Dublin airport begging to be let in.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Pa ElGrande

Not sure if this has been shared, but I just watched a video of George’s brother Emmanuel speaking at a protest.

//twitter.com/mohammedpbuh12/status/1345803154240237569?s=21

Can’t share links but if you put a https there you will see it

It is essentially a list of demands for black people to be given land, businesses, and power in Ireland.

He comes across as a professional agitator based on his speech which I transcribed here. Does anyone know who the speaker is?

Speaker: We need equity, and, the beginning of equity or anything around equality begins with land. We need to own land, We need to own property, We need to own businesses, and until we have that equity, then we will have power, and then we move towards political power, because right now, I cannot speak to anyone in the Gardaí that looks like me.

Woman: No. Not at all.

Speaker: I cannot speak to anyone in a position of power. I don't mean ponzi power. I don't need people that are there and just saying things. Someone that has real power. There is no-one with real power that looks like me or bears a name like me.

I don't need diversity, inclusion, equality initatives. I don't need that I am over qualified to be in all these places. They should be lucky to have me in these places.

Woman: Yes.

Speaker: Are they invisting us to of these places? They should pay us to be there.

Woman: Yees.

Speaker: Because, in 1827 when they abolished slavery, when the British abolished slavery, over a 100 people in the island of Ireland received compensation. Know your history people. Ireland is not this independent state that is just hey were not involved in anything.

Woman: . . . Involved in everything.

Speaker: Ireland is complicit, very, very complicit and as of two days ago; Ireland now sits on the UN security council. How ironic, but yet there is no peace in the state.

Net Zero means we are paying for the destruction of our economy and society in pursuit of an unachievable and pointless policy.

I mentioned I was scared of speaking up her and it was made very clear that if I spoke up it would be that I had a problem with her colour.

Yet there was another person of colour from a different part of Africa originally who had been in Ireland 30 plus years - I found him an absolute delight! People were people - not colour.

Hamachi wrote: »
    You have my utmost sympathy having to share a space with that ball of toxicity. The woman radiates negativity and anger, bordering on outright hatred.

If it’s any consolation, I haven’t heard one person ever have anything positive to say about her.

One question if I may. Do you believe she has a long term future in Irish academia? Surely, she is bringing UCD into disrepute with her outrageous ramblings on Twitter and elsewhere. Is there any sense that she is a liability to the institution?

I didn’t get that feeling up be honest - which makes me very sad for the institution. It’s not perfect but it does deserve better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,438 ✭✭✭NSAman

It is essentially a list of demands for black people to be given land, businesses, and power in Ireland.

It’s a land of opportunity.

There is nothing stopping them owning land businesses and getting prominence in Ireland.

It’s called working and paying for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 leedsforever

I would say it was even more scary with the BLM and antifa riots.....

Ironically most of the businesses burned and looted were on the South side of the city in black neighborhoods. Talk about f#%¥ing your own folks. The cops were told to stand off. By the black mayor.

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭Ish66

Why all this discussion ? Every crime carries a risk, Arming yourself probably doubles the risk. If I decide to break into a house tonight, While the owners are fast asleep in bed, I run the risk of the owner catching and knocking the crap out of me while we are waiting for Gardai to arrive. Same if I decide to rob a bank with a gun, You take the risk of being caught or shot or both.
    Skin Colour is irrelevent here. You take the chance, You risk the consequences.
    All that is happening in this thread is massive hair splitting.
    He gambled and lost......

• Registered Users Posts: 56,267 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Ish66 wrote: »
    Why all this discussion ? Every crime carries a risk, Arming yourself probably doubles the risk. If I decide to break into a house tonight, While the owners are fast asleep in bed, I run the risk of the owner catching and knocking the crap out of me while we are waiting for Gardai to arrive. Same if I decide to rob a bank with a gun, You take the risk of being caught or shot or both.
    Skin Colour is irrelevent here. You take the chance, You risk the consequences.
    All that is happening in this thread is massive hair splitting.
    He gambled and lost......

Why all the discussion?

Well, because a lot of people don’t do common sense!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,606 ✭✭✭Hamachi

I didn’t get that feeling up be honest - which makes me very sad for the institution. It’s not perfect but it does deserve better.

UCD is my alma mater. Graduated in 2004. There’s no way she would have been tolerated back then. Things have changed so quickly. It’s astonishing that she is given license to conduct herself in that deplorable manner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

From my experience of academia, that type of behaviour is intimidation and would result in a documented reprimand at the very least.
    But Ebun has an ace up her sleeve, and I bet she uses it on a regular basis. Let's say it is her "get out of jail" card.
    UCD administration should be very embarrassed on what they unleased not only on their own staff and students, but on our country. Disgraceful.

amacca wrote: »
    Such ****...not the aspiration to own businesses and property but the inference that he is being prevented from doing so...id say nothing coukd be further from the truth

How would that guy square that with all the other successful non white business people you can see around the place

I cant talk to someone that looks like me.....perhaps that's because there wasnt that much inward migration into the country until about 20/30 years ago....maybe very few have applied or shown interest in the gards etc

These people falsely claiming racism are doing more to create it than anyone else as far as I can see

Spent 20 years in Derry, time in London when being an Irish man wasn't a great place to be, suffered real discrimination in the North ref jobs etc and where I lived, etc etc, but didn't turn to criminality, would never dream of stabbing someone, robbing, carrying a knife, but worked,
    made a life despite real harassment from brit security forces on a daily basis,
    but didn't act like these clowns, gimee gimee gimee, got up off my hole and did something, as we had pride and despite what the BRITS threw at us couldn't bare the Irish Ness out of us, and the willingness to better ourselves without any go fund me begging bowl etc

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Was just watching police interceptor there and a clip in it showed a career criminal getting his a#s handed to him by the home owner....

The man was most likely a drug addict by just the looks and speech and was well known, the home owner woke to find two men in his house, he was foreign and bet the living Sh1t out of him and held him on the ground till the police arrived....

Could this be turned as been racist because if it were the white man attacking the the foreigner????

I really laughed and absolutely delighted he got his just deserts

There's a link allegedly to the full video in the tweet but it won't let me play because it says the file is too big.

Does anyone have a working link to the full video?

One on twitter atm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Heat_Wave

What does he want the land for?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement