Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

George Nkencho shooting *Mod warning Added to OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 41,072 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

boombang wrote: »
    I don't believe this was a racist killing at all, but we should not kid ourselves that Ireland is free of racism. It would be a great shame if the BS in response to this case was to retard the course of eliminating racism in Ireland.

For the record, the racism I have witnessed has been from young scumbags directed towards blacks and asians. I have never seen racist treatment of people by "official" Ireland.

I dont know if it was racist or not but the reaction has definitely been hugely racist and its very clear that lies about him having a machete and slashing someone and having 32 previous convictions were started by people with racist motivations.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 285 ✭✭Hellokitty1212

How can someone who was welcomed into a country, after fleeing persecution and given sanctuary and a home - call us out as slave masters making money when less than two decades later we lost a million people dead to hunger.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Pot, kettle, black.

And yet more references to the US. Well there was no major trouble today as far as I know so that's the end of this mess hopefully.

https://twitter.com/hazechu/status/1345823878585737217

• Registered Users Posts: 4,749 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

GiftofGab wrote: »
    Agree with the poster that said these Anti-Racism campaigns are fuelling more racism. We're constantly being labelled as racists (when we're not) and blamed for a lot of the immigrants problems.

this is not new , the cultural left have been blaming us for all of the problems within the traveller community for decades

the cosmopolitan left despise the middle classes , always have , they will align with the cause of any perceived minority if they think it will get up the nose of middle ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭Normal One

Gatling wrote: »
    Senator ruaune on Instagram.

"Check in on your friends in the black community"

The woke politicals are beyond a joke at this stage

So ****ing condescending...I can imagine texting my Zimbabwean architect buddy "u ok hun?". He'd lol at me. Hates Nigerians, so he does. I find that pretty much every non- Nigerian African that I know can't stand them for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Zatoichi

Not sure if this has been shared, but I just watched a video of George’s brother Emmanuel speaking at a protest.

//twitter.com/mohammedpbuh12/status/1345803154240237569?s=21

Can’t share links but if you put a https there you will see it

It is essentially a list of demands for black people to be given land, businesses, and power in Ireland.

Doesn't look like his brother.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 725 ✭✭✭ElJeffe

Pot, kettle, black.

And yet more references to the US. Well there was no major trouble today as far as I know so that's the end of this mess hopefully.

https://twitter.com/hazechu/status/1345823878585737217

How did that woman become Dublin's mayor. Jesus she is living in a bubble and doesn't even have the self awareness to realise it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,451 ✭✭✭wonga77

That twitter video demanding stuff is just boiling my blood. If you want all that get out and work for it. The soft approach at leaving chancers like that in is backfiring badly. There are lots of non nationals who came in, work and contribute massively to society and the economy.
    Too many though have never had to do anything for a living and its so disheartening. I've worked all my life since I left school, own my house, run 2 businesses and never had anything handed to me nor did any of my family.
    If you want it fcuk off out into the real world and earn it like everyone else

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 725 ✭✭✭ElJeffe

Gatling wrote: »
    Senator ruaune on Instagram.

"Check in on your friends in the black community"

The woke politicals are beyond a joke at this stage

They are just on a wind up now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭Hijpo

What does a business owner do if they employ a white person and a black person.
    The white person books time off, then the black person comes looking for the same time off and doesn't get it.

Racism card.

Then you get the likes of that speaker and other SJW coming out of the wood work in support of the black person because they are not being allowed take holidays but the white person is.

No amount of logic and explanation trumps the racism card.
    If you want to find racism in somehing you will and it will never go away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 253 ✭✭Beltby

I dont know if it was racist or not but the reaction has definitely been hugely racist and its very clear that lies about him having a machete and slashing someone and having 32 previous convictions were started by people with racist motivations.

It still isn't clear if it was a machete or not. Wait for the investigation to conclude.

• Registered Users Posts: 52,009 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Heat_Wave wrote: »
    What does he want the land for?

He wants it for nothing 😂😂

Unfortunately it seems to be removed from YouTube but I wish I could find the clip of Ainsley Harriott finding out that he descended from slaveowners.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,971 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

This is receding. Thankfully.

Not much need to keep it running anymore. It just fuels it. Let it dissipate.

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭Heart Break Kid

Zatoichi wrote: »
    Doesn't look like his brother.

Nope and too well spoken even if a load of tripe.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Gothic Insanity

Hijpo wrote: »
    What does a business owner do if they employ a white person and a black person.
    The white person books time off, then the black person comes looking for the same time off and doesn't get it.

Racism card.

Then you get the likes of that speaker and other SJW coming out of the wood work in support of the black person because they are not being allowed take holidays but the white person is.

No amount of logic and explanation trumps the racism card.
    If you want to find racism in somehing you will and it will never go away.

Just to chip in here, I've hired black people and never had the racism card thrown at me. People honestly looking for work if they fit the job requirements should be considered equally.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Pa ElGrande

The flat earth society

transcribed. It does seem to me that the race baiters are the ones trying to take advantage of this for their own ends.
    John Burtchaell: . . . This man was in retreat. Walking back to the safety of his own home. He was looking to move away from trouble. He was in a lone front garden, trying to get in his front door when he was shot, that is completely wrong. The armed response unit, that should not have been there at all.

Crowd: Yees.

JB: If there was no guns there George would be alive and nobody would be hurt.

Crowd: Yes.

JB: The Gardaí have serious questions to answer as to why armed men were bought to the scene of really, a mental health incident. George had mental health difficulties, this was clearly a mental health issue. They many, many ways in which George could have been subdued and arrested without taking his life.

Crowd: Claps.

JB: I also want to express condolences to your community at the outpouring of racism that has come on the back of this killing. I firmly believe that this does not reflect all of Irish society. We are seeing the worst, the worst, but a small layer of racists coming out of the woodwork to take advantage of this situation. We cannot allow black people to be divided from white people, from anybody else, Indian people, Pakistani people. We are ordinary wuurking class people.

Crowd: Cheers & claps.

JB: Our communities have suffered for 10 long years under brutal austerity, mental health services have been cut to the bone. George may have been able to be helped if those services had been available. Our health services have been cut, our homes have been taken away, our jobs have been taken away. We need to look up to see who is to blame for this. We should not fight amongst ourselves.

So finaly, I just want to pay condolences again to the Nkencho family, an awful tragedy and hopefully we will have no more of this. Absolutely not. Thank you.

Net Zero means we are paying for the destruction of our economy and society in pursuit of an unachievable and pointless policy.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,064 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

jrosen wrote: »
    “We need land, we need property” nothing is stopping him from owning both. Once he works and buys it.
    There is morning stopping anyone from being the maker of their own future.

Bloody victim mentality

Talking about Ireland being complicit in the Atlantic slave trade because people living Ireland received compensation when slavery was abolished, Ireland was part of Britain then, we wouldn't be an independent county for another century, the people receiving compensation were British.

For somebody demanding that others know their history, he hasn't done the first bloody bit of research himself.

You want to own land? Work for it.
    If I want to own anything in this country I have to do the same, we don't get things handed to us on a plate.

What about the thousands of homeless Irish families who are living in hotel rooms while immigrants from another continent are handed the keys to semi detached houses in leafy Dublin suburbs?

These people have been given a golden ticket and all they do is complain.

I know plenty of hard working black people, this isn't a race issue, this is a cultural issue for these type of asylum seeker immigrants. We have enough scroungers of our own without importing these ungrateful petulant cretins.

Glazers Out!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52,009 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Just to chip in here, I've hired black people and never had the racism card thrown at me. People honestly looking for work if they fit the job requirements should be considered equally.

I spent years working in London with many black African people.
    The vast majority were great people then you had the odd bollox just like you have with white people.

The difference is that many of those people complaining at these meetings want everything for free. They don’t want to work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 253 ✭✭Beltby

He wants it for nothing 😂😂

I doubt he wants it to grow crops or raise cattle or sheep.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 382 ✭✭oldtimeyfella

ElJeffe wrote: »
    How did that woman become Dublin's mayor. Jesus she is living in a bubble and doesn't even have the self awareness to realise it.

She's just there to make Dublin look progressive on the international stage.

They don't care that she has the mind of a woke 15 year old, no one can criticize her without be called a sexist/racist.

°°°°°

Normal One wrote: »
    So ****ing condescending...I can imagine texting my Zimbabwean architect buddy "u ok hun?". He'd lol at me. Hates Nigerians, so he does. I find that pretty much every non- Nigerian African that I know can't stand them for some reason.

Your friend is too busy working and contributing to society. Funny how we don't see hard working people engaging in this nonsense.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Mimon

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    this is not new , the cultural left have been blaming us for all of the problems within the traveller community for decades

the cosmopolitan left despise the middle classes , always have , they will align with the cause of any perceived minority of they think it will get up the nose of middle ireland

Don't think it is actually left wing apart from self purported left wing people espousing this.

The way they accuse people of being racist to stop rational discussion is more cultural fascism to me

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 285 ✭✭Hellokitty1212

Who is John Burchall and why is he making things up and telling lies ?

°°°°°

Can you prove any of that?
    Or is it just your opinion?

Glazers Out!

°°°°°

Who is John Burchall and why is he making things up and telling lies ?

Playing to the gallery, just like Paul Murphy.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,316 ✭✭✭pgj2015

Look at one of the placards in this article. "Thug is not a synonym for black"

Yeah we know its not, no one is saying it is, not the public, not the guards. what planet are these guys living on?

https://www.dublinlive.ie/news/dublin-news/protests-continue-over-fatal-shooting-19551355

• Advertisement

So, am I recapping this right? The Irish are a bunch of racists, and the chap that was shot outside his family's free council house wouldn't have been shot if he'd been given his own land?

Seems reasonable.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement