Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

George Nkencho shooting *Mod warning Added to OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭Corcaigh84

No winners here.

People keep using this phrase. It's a win for society, clearly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭ToddDameron

Poor fella only wanted to facially mutilate someone and terrorise people. Surely a suspended sentence would have been sufficient?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

I didn't realise he was black till now but I did think earlier why did they have to shoot a guy who only had a knife and there were so many of them, am I alone thinking that way? Haven't seen any videos. Just because it so rarely happens in Ireland that the Garda shoot anyone.
    The fact that he's black could be messy though.

'Only had a knife'

The words of a person who has never been confronted by someone with a knife and had to actually do something about where you can't just turn and run.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

Kraftwerk wrote: »
    The ones she's creating by implying the Gardai that handled that situation are racist and used excessive force because the guy was black. Its all outlined in that "good thread" she's promoting.

Amazing they show no concern for the safety or the lives of the Gardaí on site. Or concerns about the lad he assaulted.

Tells a lot about their thinking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭strandroad

I didn't realise he was black till now but I did think earlier why did they have to shoot a guy who only had a knife and there were so many of them, am I alone thinking that way? Haven't seen any videos. Just because it so rarely happens in Ireland that the Garda shoot anyone.

It's natural to ask this question I agree. Watch the video and form an opinion then, bearing in mind that reportedly non-lethal methods had been deployed and failed to make a difference.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,193 ✭✭✭Be right back

statesaver wrote: »
    Amazing they show no concern for the safety or the lives of the Gardaí on site. Or concerns about the lad he assaulted.

Tells a lot about their thinking.

Or the people in the shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,312 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Witcher wrote: »
    'Only had a knife'

The words of a person who has never been confronted by someone with a knife and had to actually do something about it and not just run away.

Yeah but I'm not a Garda, and I have had a knife pulled on me before!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 472 ✭✭Kraftwerk

KyussB wrote: »
    This was actually just censored on Reddit. Bizarre. Usually it's the other way around with Boards/Reddit - but they've actually done significantly worse, for once.

After the young lad was stabbed last year there was an influx of posters posting racist stuff on the Ireland sub so they enlisted some new mods who have taken the approach of shutting down anything that looks like too much work and banning anyone who doesn't like it. The result is /r/Ireland is now what boards was 10 years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,457 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

What did you do?

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭Mike Murdock

I wonder what Hazel would think if this scumbag tried to turn over her family's take away smashing her father up in the process?

White Patriarchal Oppression would be the reason.

• Advertisement

strandroad wrote: »
    It's natural to ask this question I agree. Watch the video and form an opinion then, bearing in mind that reportedly non-lethal methods had been deployed and failed to make a difference.

I don't want to watch it, I was just wondering if I was the only one thinking it was unusual he was shot dead for having a knife when there were so many Garda - seems I'm on my own here though, I'm ok with that!
    Maybe he was about to ram the knife into a Garda's skull or something.
    Do Garda have cameras?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,005 ✭✭✭kirving

And did you fight him in order to protect the public, or run away? Because I'm very happy to say I ran in the same situation.

What did you do?

Gave him my money! I'm not a Garda and I was on my own.

It only takes one stab of the knife to kill.

Yeah and you sh1t your jocks I'd say. The Gardai actually have to do something about it, they don't just had over their wallet.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,812 ✭✭✭hynesie08

And did you fight him in order to protect the public, or run away? Because I'm very happy to say I ran in the same situation.

Same when it happened to me, thankfully I wasn't held to account for whatever he did next......

• Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

Was it a knife or a machete he had?

A knife could be a butter knife.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,005 ✭✭✭✭titan18

strandroad wrote: »

Don't even have to watch the video to think that question is nonsense. Even if all 15 rush at the exact same time, one swing of the knife by the guy is cutting one of them at least, and unlucky enough thats a dead Garda.

Why take that chance when you have a gun and you've given this person more than enough of a chance to peacefully give himself up for arrest and tried to de-escalate and non lethal methods of stopping him.

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭PalLimerick

Omackeral wrote: »
    Puts them in a bind really as the perp was a black youth and her lot aren't their biggest fans.

He was a 27 year old Man, not a youth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭.anon.

Kraftwerk wrote: »
    After the young lad was stabbed last year there was an influx of posters posting racist stuff on the Ireland sub so they enlisted some new mods who have taken the approach of shutting down anything that looks like too much work and banning anyone who doesn't like it. The result is /r/Ireland is now what boards was 10 years ago.

I wonder if that might explain the recent influx of racists on here.

• Advertisement

Witcher wrote: »
    Yeah and you sh1t your jocks I'd say. The Gardai actually have to do something about it, they don't just had over their wallet.

Yeah what's with the hostility? I asked if anyone else thought it was unusual for a man with a knife to be shot. No one ever gets shot here so it sounded harsh. I didn't know he was even black at this time.
    I'm not a trained Garda to deal with these situations!

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Eivor

I can guarantee the Irish BLM tweeters don’t live in an area where this type of crime and behaviour is an issue. It goes on in these areas all the time and is perpetrated by people of many different races and creeds.

I Find it hard to take seriously the notion that someone could feel sorry for someone who assaulted another person and robbed a shop at knifepoint unless they were trying to push an agenda.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Gardesana Pecher

I would have thought tomorrow's public march down O Connell street wouldnt be allowed under restrictions?

Yeah what's with the hostility? I asked if anyone else thought it was unusual for a man with a knife to be shot. No one ever gets shot here so it sounded harsh. I didn't know he was even black at this time.
    I'm not a trained Garda to deal with these situations!

Then, with respect, you shouldn't be commenting that it was 'only a knife', you lost a few quid and your man fcuked off. The Gardai don't have that option, they have to deal with your man who 'only has a knife' now, not in a few mins after pressing pause on the situation and thinking about what to do...now.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 480 ✭✭ewc78

Well done to the Garda. The man wasn’t shot because he was black, being black doesn’t make you immune to the law. He got what he deserved IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,457 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Gave him my money! I'm not a Garda and I was on my own.

So he won.

Thank god this time, another scumbag didn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,523 ✭✭✭SafeSurfer

Why does his race matter to you?

Multo autem ad rem magis pertinet quallis tibi vide aris quam allis

SafeSurfer wrote: »
    Why does his race matter to you?

It doesn't, but I fear if I ask certain questions people will think I'm a blue haired twitter BLM person.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Was it a knife or a machete he had?

A knife could be a butter knife.

it could be, how would you suggest the Gardai check?

• Advertisement

I would have thought tomorrow's public march down O Connell street wouldnt be allowed under restrictions?

That's not a real thing, is it? There aren't honestly people that stupid, that they'd march in honour of a scumbag who was shot whilst threatening the public, and Gardai, with a knife?

How fcuking dense are some of the people we share this island with.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement