Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

George Nkencho shooting *Mod warning Added to OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Steve012

When the black lives matter protests started here It was mainly white Irish protesting and some of the African community.

We were appalled by the manner of the mans passing.

White folk here are shot when necessary.

It is not a race thing.

If white Irish protested and marched through shopping centers being anti social we'd get a fair few belts of the Garda's batons and rightly so. and situation broken up and in the street too.

Nothing on the news though about any arrests ?! not even mentioned

"this post is not off topic

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭Marcos

ElJeffe wrote: »
    How did that woman become Dublin's mayor.

She became Lord Mayor because nobody had ever heard of her, she's a member of the Green party so was thought to be "safe" middle class, is of Chinese ethnicity though brought up in Dublin, so has the extra points for exoticism. The diversity hire if you will. Oh and like all mayoral posts up and down the country, it's divided between political parties each taking turns to have the position for a year.
    Jesus she is living in a bubble and doesn't even have the self awareness to realise it.

I disagree with you there, I think she is more Machiavellian. She knows exactly what she's doing, playing the race card for all it's worth, posting baiting tweets waiting for people to overreact and then she goes on crying look at all the wacism / misogyny / whatever else you want posts aimed at me, we should shut down all social media that I don't agree with.*

She'll be looking to try and turn that into a political career with whoever she deems meets her needs. If the Greens are going down with the coalition, watch her jump ship to the likes of the Soc Dems.

We haven't had a Lord Mayor that has actively been so divisive, so unfortunately, this is a first for us. Aren't we lucky? :rolleyes:

* A slight exaggeration, but only slight.

When most of us say "social justice" we mean equality under the law opposition to prejudice, discrimination and equal opportunities for all. When Social Justice Activists say "social justice" they mean an emphasis on group identity over the rights of the individual, a rejection of social liberalism, and the assumption that unequal outcomes are always evidence of structural inequalities.

Andrew Doyle, The New Puritans.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Will these be a drawn out investigation where in 1 or 3 years time we will hear something?

I find it amazing how in the US and now I'm some cases the UK they give out information very quickly even video evidence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Cllr John Burtchaell blocked me for asking this - What if this criminal was allowed into his house (which his family had a barring order against him), and he stabbed his family, would you be screaming rasism ?

Ruth Coppinger blocked me for asking what her definition of armed meant

Im getting ****ing pissed off with these snowflake "public representatives"
    They need to be taken down a peg or two ??

I asked him how he had gained access to George’s medical files. He claimed he was told by family and friends. I asked how many of them were mental health professionals, he blocked me.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭AngeloArgue

Steve012 wrote: »

It is not a race thing.

It is.

Simply by the fact that it was a white police officer that shot a black man.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

It is.

Really though?

And I ask why.

I don't see colour I see another human being.

Everyone is different or unique and I think that's a good thing.... We wouldn't all want to be woke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 253 ✭✭Beltby

It is.

Are white police officers only allowed shoot white men?

Really though?

And I ask why.

I don't see colour I see another human being.

Everyone is different or unique and I think that's a good thing.... We wouldn't all want to be woke.

Look at what's happening with the BLM movement. I know there are many here who wish to distance this incident from it. But their supporters don't

• Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭Filmer Paradise

How many of of our wonderful new 'Doctors & Engineers' were on the streets today?

Not living in Dublin, just curious..

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Mr.burgess

Look at what's happening with the BLM movement. I know there are many here who wish to distance this incident from it. But their supporters don't
    What about the black cops shooting black criminals in Nigeria ? The fact is criminals get shot no matter what color

• Advertisement

It is.

So if a young black member of the guards shot a white criminal, would that also be racist?

• Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭Green Peter

I watched match of the day a short time ago and again players took the knee for BLM. Fair play to them. I watched a documentary last week on Jean Marc Bosman the player who effectively changed their lives, wages and working conditions and he went through hell professionally and personally as a result of taking his case which resulted in the Bosman ruling. He's got no acknowledgement at all from players since and has little to show. They should be going down on both knees to him and supporting him financially instead of an organization who's finances are a mystery and who have sat by as violence was preperatrated in their name in the USA. It's time people called it.

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Steve012

It is.

Hasn't Ireland been multi cultured for past 20 years. and a little beyond 20 years.
    Settled
    I understand what you mean.

IMO No need for the drama, protest yes, but wanting to "kill" white scum?!? and kill a "pig"

If someone outside the shop threatened to kill me or my wife in the shop and were trying to kick the windows in, I'd go out and do damage, and get damaged I'm sure. and end up in the nick.

When it comes to it we will always protect our close ones. shame their wasn't a krav maga dude in the shop he robbed that just disarmed the man.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,483 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Cllr John Burtchaell blocked me for asking this - What if this criminal was allowed into his house (which his family had a barring order against him), and he stabbed his family, would you be screaming rasism ?

In other words, your , our public representatives when asked direct, sensible and appropriate questions instead of being willing to put their point across, agree, disagree or just let you have your say without engaging... DELETE ! Some ideals of democracy and freedom they have...happy to defend a man swinging a sword at Gardai but will jump shut down in a second any comments on their social medial which they disagree with. Some democrats !

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 382 ✭✭oldtimeyfella

Mr.burgess wrote: »
    What i have noticed the blm movement and antifa are exactly what they accuse there enemy of being weird isnt it

The only problem that they have with "oppression" is that they don't get to be the ones doing the doing the oppressing.

Policing has always been a political issue. In an increasingly multicultural Ireland race is going to become big factor in our policing and justice system too.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,691 ✭✭✭corks finest

Mr.burgess wrote: »
    What i have noticed the blm movement and antifa are exactly what they accuse there enemy of being weird isnt it

2 ends of a bell end

• Closed Accounts Posts: 253 ✭✭Beltby

Policing has always been a political issue. In an increasingly multicultural Ireland race is going to become big factor in our policing and justice system too.

How?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

I dont know if it was racist or not but the reaction has definitely been hugely racist and its very clear that lies about him having a machete and slashing someone and having 32 previous convictions were started by people with racist motivations.

None of that is fact.

Just you again classing misinformation as racism, with zero basis for it except your own biased agenda.

Is it possible the claims had racist intent? Yes of course. Is it fact? No it isnt.

Does it change the fact that the perpetrator was a violent man? No, not one bit.

Does it change the fact that his family were in fear of him? No.

There is actual evidence that the AGS response was due to the threat of violence. There is NO evidence that it was a racially motivated response by AGS.

You need to get a grip on reality and the reality is that people shouting racism are creating a serious divide.

Beltby wrote: »
    How?

Because reasons doncha know.....:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭Ninthlife

I went out for a walk today and didnt get shot..amazing I know...

and it wasnt because I am white or my religious view or my mental health or my upbringing

But because

I wasnt breaking the law and assaulting people and while doing so using a potentially deadly weapon be that a machete, butcher/bread knife against the Gardai...

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Sarcozies

A court in America ruled it illegal for trump to block people on twitter much to the chagrin of the left there-- it seems to be the bread and butter of our left. Abusive tweets is different and requires a separate debate but I think we would nearly all agree that blocking mere inquiries to clarify a statement, doubly so for something as confusing as the ' unarmed' tweet, shouldn't be allowed.

Ninthlife wrote: »
    I went out for a walk today and didnt get shot..amazing I know...

and it wasnt because I am white or my religious view or my mental health or my upbringing

But because

I wasnt breaking the law and assaulting people and while doing so using a potentially deadly weapon be that a machete, butcher/bread knife against the Gardai...

It was just a harmless butter knife. The poor chap had no chance against his white oppressors, wouldn't hurt a fly.....

Beltby wrote: »
    How?

You just have to look to our nearest neighbour to see how.

Racial profiling, sentencing and use of force disparities, lack of representation

• Registered Users Posts: 21,051 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

I’d advise ignoring social media,form opinions on evidence instead, too many fake actors.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 billymc1

what the f***k does BLM to do with this the guy he was out of control commited a crime at the spar shop and about to stab a garda after several warnings he did not back down and got what was coming to him !! the garda have a very hard jobto do at the best of times and i fully support then !!

I’d advise ignoring social media,form opinions on evidence instead, too many fake actors.

To be honest with you, I'll be keeping an closer eye on some of them going forward. Better to know what these dangerous idiots are thinking and promoting.

Jake1 wrote: »
    So if a young black member of the guards shot a white criminal, would that also be racist?

Please.

I didn't say that this incident was racist. But I'm saying that it is racial.
    That is it involved a fatal interaction between white police officers and a black man. That some prominent players in the debate believe it had a racial component makes it a racial issue.

Personally I do not believe there was a racist motivation.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

Please.

I didn't say that this incident was racist. But I'm saying that it is racial.
    That is it involved a fatal interaction between white police officers and a black man. That some prominent players in the debate believe it had a racial component makes it a racial issue.

Personally I do not believe there was a racist motivation.

:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

The most frustrating thing of all is that any critical query on the race angle is either shouted down or ignored and you are labelled as a racist.

I think whats winding people up the most is that theres no reasonable debate about this, *somehow* its a clear cut racial issue.

The only definitive unquestionable racism I have seen with this situation has been from the black community.

Turn this on its head and question if the perpetrators actions were racially motivated? Did he go to Eurospar with the intent to assault a white guy? There is zero evidence of that motivation....but does it matter? It works from the other way around.

People here are giving far more weight to the colour of the perpatrators skin rather than his actions. Its quite laughable and equally as tragic that some here cannot accept that he was a violent individual, with historical issues with AGS, a barring order from his own family and had just commited a crime...

...yet he was shot because he was black.

There is absolutely no way that a rational person can take that stance. What type of person believes thats what happened here?

Whats even worse is the blind buy in from elected representatives and public figures. The refusal to counter the race narrative and to call it out for what it is. As evidenced from Twitter exchanges, you cant even query it, you get blocked or ridiculed.

Lets be honest, does racism exist in Ireland? Yes it does but lets concentrate efforts on real racism and wheres theres evidence of racism.

In my view, this has seriously discredited the activist community. Theres too much of "the boy who cried wolf" here. It has really damaged the narrative in the eyes of the casual observer.

I for one, who has been fairly apolitical my adult life, will now be paying attention to political discourse about immigration, social issues, direct provision and left wing parties.

This debacle has left a sour taste in my mouth and opened my eyes to how we are viewed by those we have given refuge to.

I see no reason to accept nor tolerate it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement