Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

George Nkencho shooting *Mod warning Added to OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,808 ✭✭✭hynesie08

gary550 wrote: »
    I understand your well constructed and extremely logical point of view but....

why didn't they call in randy orton to perform an RKO from the front garden wall?

Randy orton is burning people to death now, that would be a terrible decision....

• Registered Users Posts: 40,458 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

so, the ARU are using weak pepper spray and low voltage tazers...? Maybe time for a rethink on that

and you figured that out from this one incident? what a genius you are.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 382 ✭✭oldtimeyfella

BattleCorp wrote: »
    I'd a conversation a few minutes ago with a work colleague who is black.

She believed that the 14 Gardai should have overpowered him and taken the knife off him.

When I explained that he would have more than likely stabbed two or three Gardai before they managed to overpower him, she wasn't really that interested. I think she thought that was part of the job.

I asked her that if she was one of the Gardai, would she rush to take on someone with a knife and possibly leave her kids without a mother? She wouldn't answer.

Hope you are looking forward to your meeting with HR.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Pa ElGrande

gary550 wrote: »
    . .

why couldn't one of the guards been sacrificed as an offering of peace & unity?
    . . .

Well obviously they couldn't. Detective Callaghan was unavailable last week, he had to complete a mandatory diversity inclusion and equity sensitivity training course in Tullamore to learn about implicit bias in his white priviledge, otherwise he would have been there, coffee in hand from the SPAR while at the same time he would have been able to shoot the weapon from a running assailants hand with a single shot to the arm.

Net Zero means we are paying for the destruction of our economy and society in pursuit of an unachievable and pointless policy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭givyjoe

so, the ARU are using weak pepper spray and low voltage tazers...? Maybe time for a rethink on that

They should just high voltage cattle prods.. or failing that throw a bucket of pepper sauce in his face. :rolleyes:

Tazers are only effective when they make skin contact, chap was wearing a big warm jacket, no way was it getting through that.

• Advertisement

Lugs Brannigan would have dropped him with one slap.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

I think you'll find they already did that ...
    A graduated response means determining the risk involved in a given situation and the range of options available, such as pepper spray, Tasers and verbal commands ... The goal is to mitigate the threat using the minimum use of force necessary. However, if the threat increases, so too will the response by officers.

There are no "magic wespons"

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/george-nkencho-shooting-inquiry-will-look-at-graduated-use-of-force-1.4448355

• Registered Users Posts: 7,658 ✭✭✭Floppybits

Was about to post "Where's Lugs Brannigan when you need him?" :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,846 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Acosta wrote: »
    Mad_maxx wrote: »
    The same WOKE activist class who are jumping up and down now about how the guards were " motivated by racism "

Were claiming that only the " far right " believed that stabbing in carrigaline Cork was racially motivated

Go figure
    I haven't seen any evidence that either of the incidents were racially motivated.

Neither have I. I had asked that poster because they seemed to be splitting hairs to define the Dublin one as "racial" and so I was asking them if they applied the same divisive logic to the Cork one. Because I'm trying to understand how they can do it in this case.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭Howard Beale

Burty330 wrote: »
    Look at the Sheeple out protesting. Wannabe activits mimmicking what they see on their twitter feeds. A criminal got dealt with, so what?
    None of them would have a rats ass if that perp got snuffed out back in his motherland

All them leftie BLM types are incredibly stupid. Never met one with more than 2 braincells, sure look at their crap online. Can't spell either.

Their hero is Ruth Coppinger for Gods sake, to her a huge knife is not a weapon. Apparently it's a feather duster or something

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Acosta wrote: »
    I haven't seen any evidence that either of the incidents were racially motivated.

me neither but im referring to the narrative of the progressive left

the big concern with the carrigaline attack was that the " far right " would portray it as racially motivated in order to sow division

here are the same progressives now portraying this as racially motivated which will quite possibly sow division

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Tbh, if I was ever in front of an aggravated man with a knife and had the choice of a gun or a tazer I'd probably go straight for the gun.

We have zero evidence that he had mental health issues, bar from his family. Who also claimed he had a butter knife, and he was lying down when the police shot him.

mental health issues dont give someone amnesty from being aprehended , half of mountjoy probably have fairly severe mental health problems ?

Lugs would have been pensioned off due to possessing " toxic masculinity "

Effects wrote: »
    I thought they had used the tazer before the spray.

There’s obviously a case for use of rubber bullets or bean bag rounds, before escalating to traditional rounds.

Perhaps the Guards should also receive mandatory disco training? So that when an attacker lunges at them and tries to decapitate them with a knife they can just pull some funky moves or moonwalk away until the attacker tires out or gets dizzy from all the dancing around in a circle and drops the knife.

They should set up a special training centre in Dublin when the pandemic is over. Maybe they could team up with the nurses who'll need respite after the Covid? Given the function of the venue, they could perhaps call it "Coppers and nurses" .... or maybe that would be too long of a name

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Skyrimaddict

There seems to be a lot of common sense and logic here, so we won't have any of that.

I do laugh reading some of the notes from " his community" . If they and his family knew he had issues, were these raised to the correct health service.
    Was he sectioned, if he was such a danger? where was his supportive brother in all this??
    My own brother had a bad bout of issues a few years back, you know what I did, I moved him in with me for a few weeks til he got right.

Has anyone read the papers which were published by Dr. Ebun Josef? Im academic myself and some of it is such drivel its not funny, how this was peer-reviewed id love to know ( well I do, peer-reviewed by other writers with similar pro keeping racism alive wokers)

All them leftie BLM types are incredibly stupid. Never met one with more than 2 braincells, sure look at their crap online. Can't spell either.

Their hero is Ruth Coppinger for Gods sake, to her a huge knife is not a weapon. Apparently it's a feather duster or something

much of the under thirties demographic are the dumbest generation ever produced , not a huge surprise with the kind of third level institutional culture we have

biko wrote: »
    Tbh, if I was ever in front of an aggravated man with a knife and had the choice of a gun or a tazer I'd probably go straight for the gun.

I think it actually can depend on how close they are to you in terms of its effectiveness. If they are close to you then a tazer might be more effective at stopping them getting to you in that split second.

That's just what I've seen stated recently. Could be a load of bollix.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭Akesh

A lot of the anger here should not be placed on kids getting caught up in the protesting. It's Brid Smith, Ruth Coppinger, Ebun Joseph, Paul Murphy, Fingal Together, Lynn Ruane, NGO's and so called charities that are stoking racial tensions for perceived social karma. The media need to start doing their job and reporting facts instead of reporting based on a political ideology and holding these race baiters to account.

It's also clear that there is a large minority of far left types in this country that has been left to descend into total woke madness, completely unchallenged.

It's time to treat the far left the way the far right, rightly, get treated. Their totalitarian ideology has no place in this country.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,220 ✭✭✭Padre_Pio

much of the under thirties demographic are the dumbest generation ever produced , not a huge surprise with the kind of third level institutional culture we have

Woah there, let's not dumb this conversation down to generalisations.

The ones who talk the most know the least, and you're only hearing the ones who talk the most.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56,244 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Normal One wrote: »
    So ****ing condescending...I can imagine texting my Zimbabwean architect buddy "u ok hun?". He'd lol at me. Hates Nigerians, so he does. I find that pretty much every non- Nigerian African that I know can't stand them for some reason.

Yes

I bet there are many black people fed up to their tits of white people and their fake concern and sympathy. It's actually quite demeaning and insulting the way white people try and make out how black people are persecuted....it's weird.

Been going on for eternity...the big white chiefs and their ego tripping.....

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,161 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

much of the under thirties demographic are the dumbest generation ever produced
    Nah. The old have been saying that about the young since people invented writing and the young grow old and in turn say that about the young coming up behind them.
    I think it actually can depend on how close they are to you in terms of its effectiveness. If they are close to you then a tazer might be more effective at stopping them getting to you in that split second.
    Seems to be the case. IF the taser makes the right contact it scrambles the voluntary nerves and muscles so down you go. It's not like as was mentioned cows crashing through an electric fence. Whereas it can take a few bullets to do the same. And of course the taser is much less lethal. The problem is making the right contact.
    Akesh wrote: »

It's also clear that there is a large minority of far left types in this country that has been left to descend into total woke madness, completely unchallenged.

It's time to treat the far left the way the far right, rightly, get treated. Their totalitarian ideology has no place in this country.
    Not going to happen currently as all media in this country is far more sympathetic to the "left" and that sympathy is cultural within the media itself. Pretty much the only outlet for either right or measured voices is online and that can be a sh1tshow. On whatsapp alone I got a few messages from people reposting the "he had eleven million convictions" and others messages that would get a siteban in an instant on here. Like 100% no debate to be had racist stuff. What really surprised me were the people and groups reposting this kinda thing. I really didn't expect it from a few who would have been very right on in nearly every subject, but much of it seems to be a kneejerk reaction to the "right on" side and a bubbling up of concerns about our newly minted "melting pot".

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Pa ElGrande

Has anyone read the papers which were published by Dr. Ebun Josef? Im academic myself and some of it is such drivel its not funny, how this was peer-reviewed id love to know ( well I do, peer-reviewed by other writers with similar pro keeping racism alive wokers)

I figured as much her titles alone shout out critical race theory . . . . That's her hammer and everything she sees is a nail. You can read it for yourselves, if you already know about CRT you know the drill.
    This study employed Critical Race Theory (CRT) as its principal theoretical and methodological framework, given the centrality of race to CRT, and its focus notjust on the effects of race, but on social, economic and political systems and how they influence the relationship and outcomes between majority and minority groups. This perspective provided the theoretical lenses to explore the research question, which was to examine the racial order in Ireland.

Whiteness and racism: Examining the racial order in Ireland

Net Zero means we are paying for the destruction of our economy and society in pursuit of an unachievable and pointless policy.

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Skyrimaddict

Padre_Pio wrote: »
    Woah there, let's not dumb this conversation down to generalisations.

The ones who talk the most know the least, and you're only hearing the ones who talk the most.

yes but the squeaky hinge etc

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭SaltSweatSugar

A comment I saw last night just shows how some of these people are not on the same planet as the rest of us. Someone said that because this was “obviously” a mental health incident armed Gardaí had no business being there or something along those lines.

No mention that he had assaulted a shop worker. No mention that he was armed. In what world would a call about someone who was armed NOT be dealt with by armed police? It doesn’t matter if they are experiencing a mental health crisis, they are still capable of killing or causing serious harm.

Do they expect unarmed civilians such as social workers or psychologists approach armed suspects and try and talk them down? I have a family member training to be a social worker and I’m not ok with the thought of sending her in to face off with a fella armed with a knife or any other weapon.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭Howard Beale

walshb wrote: »
    Yes

I bet there are many black people fed up to their tits of white people and their fake concern and sympathy. It's actually quite demeaning and insulting the way white people try and make out how black people are persecuted....it's weird.

Been going on for eternity...the big white chiefs and their ego tripping.....

Brainwashed to hate their own kind. Sad. All apparently 'anti racist' (code for hate white people)

How many of them were going on about a unhinged mob screaming die white bastards at people in a shop?

Those people in the shop very lucky shutters were down or you be hearing of the elderly people indoors beaten to a pulp for what?

Being white.

• Registered Users Posts: 56,244 ✭✭✭✭walshb

A comment I saw last night just shows how some of these people are not on the same planet as the rest of us. Someone said that because this was “obviously” a mental health incident armed Gardaí had no business being there or something along those lines.

No mention that he had assaulted a shop worker. No mention that he was armed. In what world would a call about someone who was armed NOT be dealt with by armed police? It doesn’t matter if they are experiencing a mental health crisis, they are still capable of killing or causing serious harm.

Do they expect unarmed civilians such as social workers or psychologists approach armed suspects and try and talk them down? I have a family member training to be a social worker and I’m not ok with the thought of sending her in to face off with a fella armed with a knife or any other weapon.

Yes

It is utter horsesh1t...

Mad, bad, deranged, down, feeling blue, or whatever other description is put on it....an out of control maniac needs STOPPING, and the people to do it are law and order...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭amacca

I too am wondering what the academic standard is

hate to be old timey about this but in my time you had to reach a certain standard as an academic.....it tended to mean you had to have some level of objectivity and logic to your thought process.........

that seems to have gone out the window........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 Guerillabear

Sad lols

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement