Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

George Nkencho shooting *Mod warning Added to OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,798 ✭✭✭Rezident

Damien360 wrote: »
    That’s just silly. I work with a Nigerian man with a college degree from Nigeria in Science and has lived and worked here for years. He will tell you he is Irish first and grateful for the opportunity he has been given. He has an Irish passport. That is the type of person we need, a higher educated man that can go to work instantly and contribute to the tax system and completely hold his own without state handouts, which is exactly what he does.

What we dont need is more uneducated people of any nationality. We have plenty of uneducated, unemployed Irish and don't need additional people like that.

We in Ireland like to empower the uneducated, that somehow they can have everything without having to work for it. And it is tearing society apart at the seems. Education, education, education has to the mantra. Even if you drop out of school, your education can continue in a trade and you will make good money and contribute.

This is an excellent point. Ireland's porofligate dole scheme is going to be a disaster for people with this type of attitude. A disaster for all of us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭Akesh

TomTomTim wrote: »
    There's little hope for this country when people like this have power

The government needs to start removing people with extreme views and biases from commissions but unfortunately that isn't going to happen as they are almost 100% made up of critical theory nuts.

We are weak and the government is too busy trying to appear 'woke' and 'empathetic' instead of doing their job.

Sociology is as much a science as Astrology is. Why are we are teaching this nonsense?

Also, whoever thought allowing Ebun Joseph access to students in UCD needs their head examined and to be removed from third level education. She is nothing but a charlatan race baiter.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

Acosta wrote: »
    I can't say I blame her. Unlike this place, Twitter does little or nothing to deal with the many faceless, nameless far right accounts who will pile into her replies spouting bile.

The clear problem with twitter is that its a self re-enforcing echo chamber. With the right settings you can pretty much block anyone you don't like easily and there are filters they add people to on mass.

This has led to a little twitter bubble we see of the same old heads with same views time and time again.

Not a very healthy environment for any sort of free thinking.

• Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭Green Peter

Jake1 wrote: »
    I agree with you, in that most reasonable people will gladly tell her and her ilk to kindly fcuk right off.
    However, the scary thing is, is that these youngsters at the protests and the ones racially abusing the people in Hartstown, will be of voting age in a few years time.

These politicians dont give two ****s about us or our vote, but they are grooming the next generation and any incoming immigrants to vote for them.

She'll have to drag them out of bed to vote!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Akesh wrote: »
    The government needs to start removing people with extreme views and biases from commissions but unfortunately that isn't going to happen as they are almost 100% made up of critical theory nuts.

We are weak and the government is too busy trying to appear 'woke' and 'empathetic' instead of doing their job.

Sociology is as much a science as Astrology is. Why are we are teaching this nonsense?

Also, whoever thought allowing Ebun Joseph access to students in UCD needs their head examined and to be removed from third level education. She is nothing but a charlatan race baiter.

One of the problems is that the vast majority of Ireland are in the middle, and its those on both ends that make the most noise.

Want to get Ebun Josoph off RTE, and out of UCD, just do what the she would do and organise a mass email/protest at what she is saying and explaining why she is a race baiting grifter who aims to take advantage of a cohort in society and turn us into the failed USA.

But we wont because most Irish just want to get on with their lives.... We all have jobs that we need to work at, or kids to raise etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,691 ✭✭✭corks finest

Acosta wrote: »
    Perhaps I wasn't being clear enough, but I was on about a certain group of far right accounts on social media, specifically Twitter.

Excuse me then, but I was one who wrote /replied several times ref the Ballygarvan lad stabbed in Carrigaline)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,841 ✭✭✭TomTomTim

Akesh wrote: »

Remember the group that created the last DP proposal? They were all from one side of the political isle, with similar agendas, and not one counter voice for balance. It was absolutely farcical, yet our government seen no issue with it.

“The man who lies to himself can be more easily offended than anyone else. You know it is sometimes very pleasant to take offense, isn't it? A man may know that nobody has insulted him, but that he has invented the insult for himself, has lied and exaggerated to make it picturesque, has caught at a word and made a mountain out of a molehill--he knows that himself, yet he will be the first to take offense, and will revel in his resentment till he feels great pleasure in it.”- ― Fyodor Dostoevsky, The Brothers Karamazov

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Godeatsboogers

I mean, if people with guns point their guns at you and tell you do something, you should do it. Supposedly the victim was mentally disturbed, but how are the gardai supposed to know. Maybe in such instances there should always be an armed gardai with rubber bullets. Sad loss of life regardless

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Supposedly the victim was mentally disturbed, but how are the gardai supposed to know.

I dont see what difference it makes. He was trying to stab them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,493 ✭✭✭Masala

Am happy to see the message get out there that wielding a knife in public could get you killed....

I hope that is coming across loud and clear

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 truthseeker 79

If you stab people in public and don't get caught by garda or shot for not putting your weapon down then we have a problem and we are all not safe but luckily we have laws and protection protocols set out by government we voted in to try help protect us against these crimes its very unfortunate situation and personally I feel agrived for family of this individual very sad my prayers and thoughts are with you. And also the garda and all whom while carrying out their duty now have to combat the hate directed towards them.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,770 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

I'm not sure why anyone is concerned about what type of person he was before that day in question or even before the incident in question

Its like saying on the 12 June 1994 OJ Simpson had a very quite and mild mannered day except for a 20 minutes where he murdered his ex wife and her lover but other than that he was a great guy ,

• Registered Users Posts: 16,767 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

I'm not sure why anyone is concerned about what type of person he was before that day in question or even before the incident in question

Its like saying on the 12 June 1994 OJ Simpson had a very quite and mild mannered day except for a 20 minutes where he murdered his ex wife and her lover but other than that he was a great guy ,

Can't pick too many holes in that tbf

• Registered Users Posts: 5,991 ✭✭✭Cordell

I mean, if people with guns point their guns at you and tell you do something, you should do it. Supposedly the victim was mentally disturbed, but how are the gardai supposed to know. Maybe in such instances there should always be an armed gardai with rubber bullets. Sad loss of life regardless

What kind of rubber bullets? The ones fired from a handgun won't do anything against a person gone berserk like this lad. And even those can be lethal if fired at the head.
    They tried the non lethal approaches, they failed, then they met the deadly threat with deadly force. No need to change anything to accommodate one single case just because it happened to be a black during the BLM madness.

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Mike Murdock

One of the problems is that the vast majority of Ireland are in the middle, and its those on both ends that make the most noise.

Want to get Ebun Josoph off RTE, and out of UCD, just do what the she would do and organise a mass email/protest at what she is saying and explaining why she is a race baiting grifter who aims to take advantage of a cohort in society and turn us into the failed USA.

But we wont because most Irish just want to get on with their lives.... We all have jobs that we need to work at, or kids to raise etc.

Good luck with that. Given the nature of the Irish media, you'd be labelled a racist and would probably lose your job into the bargain.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

biko wrote: »
    Aye, the brother Emmanuel says it was a butter knife.
    I guess we'll wait for police to show us a photo of the knife.
    The first article on the topic (in the OP) stated
    The incident began just after midday when, according to eyewitnesses, the man entered the Eurospar supermarket in Hartstown were he punched a manager in the face, injuring the victim’s nose. He then produced a large knife from his pocket and brandished it towards staff.
    Doesn't sound like a butterknife..

Good luck with that. Given the nature of the Irish media, you'd be labelled a racist and would probably lose your job into the bargain.

Why would you need to do it publicly, just email them.

Not everything needs to be posted on Twitter. I have emailed the Greens over Chu on this (posting in on a public forum haha)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,841 ✭✭✭TomTomTim

Not everything needs to be posted on Twitter. I have emailed the Greens over Chu on this (posting in on a public forum haha)

How did that go for you?

“The man who lies to himself can be more easily offended than anyone else. You know it is sometimes very pleasant to take offense, isn't it? A man may know that nobody has insulted him, but that he has invented the insult for himself, has lied and exaggerated to make it picturesque, has caught at a word and made a mountain out of a molehill--he knows that himself, yet he will be the first to take offense, and will revel in his resentment till he feels great pleasure in it.”- ― Fyodor Dostoevsky, The Brothers Karamazov

TomTomTim wrote: »
    How did that go for you?

Absolutely nothing will happen, because not enough will do it, or feel strongly about it.

Us in the middle shrug our shoulders and type about it on boards - the left/right get people cancelled.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭Howard Beale

Greens do nothing. Buhch of wasters.

Joke

Why is Hazel Chu so fat?

She feeds on her hatred of white folk 24/7. :pac:

Mod: Banned

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Mike Murdock

Even if you managed to get 1000 people to personally email UCD, it'd be classed as a "racist" harassment campaign against Ms Joseph in the media.

And it would be leaked out. Trust me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

Maybe in such instances there should always be an armed gardai with rubber bullets. Sad loss of life regardless

I am guessing you have never seen a Baton round/ rubber bullet?
    I am guessing you have no experience of CQB or FIBUA anything like that?
    A baton round is firing at a short distance 10-20 meters, it is used to disperse mob of rioters like in Northern Ireland. It is suitable weapon for that kind of environment.
    George was a dangerous individual, his own family had restraining orders against him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭Tchaikovsky

Joke

Why is Hazel Chu so fat?

She feeds on her hatred of the Irish 24/7. :pac:

She is Irish

• Registered Users Posts: 33,981 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Joke

Why is Hazel Chu so fat?

She feeds on her hatred of the Irish 24/7. :pac:

Aye she hates them so much she became one and married one.

Your jokes are ****e btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,461 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

She is Irish

If I was born in a stable it doesn't make me a horse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

She is Irish

If she is Irish then I am the King of Siam.
    if you put a dog in a manger it doesnt make it a cow.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,461 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

If my irish parents moved to China and I was born there it doesn't make me a China man.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭Tchaikovsky

She was born in Ireland, she is Irish-born, she is Irish.

What the hell is wrong with you?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,981 ✭✭✭✭listermint

If I was born in a stable it doesn't make me a horse.

It doesn't make you a Christian , charitable or nice either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,790 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Not sure if this has been posted alreadyy but a balanced article calling out those in public office trying to make this all about racisim

https://twitter.com/john_mcguirk/status/1346089613165735942?s=19

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement