Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

George Nkencho shooting *Mod warning Added to OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

Being so obsessed with someone you have to pull tweets out of the sky to make her look bad is sad at best

She has made herself look bad in the past to be fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,051 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

One simple thing people miss is health and safety in the workplace, the stringent processes we have now are enable all of us to go home to our families every day from work, and the Gardai have that right also, the graduated defence means you get two chances to stand down and then the Garda is at risk of injury or death, and why should he put his/her self in that position?
    Stand down or risk your own life end of story

• Registered Users Posts: 34,320 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

See the Irish Examiner are now pushing for inquiry into how Garda are trained.

The experts they are of course

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭olestoepoke

One simple thing people miss is health and safety in the workplace, the stringent processes we have now are enable all of us to go home to our families every day from work, and the Gardai have that right also, the graduated defence means you get two chances to stand down and then the Garda is at risk of injury or death, and why should he put his/her self in that position?
    Stand down or risk your own life end of story

No different from any of the terror attacks over the last few years, I know his motives were different but the danger was the very same as the guy on London Bridge or in the case of Emily Jones. The Guard should get a medal for bravery. God forbid someone else was seriously harmed the ARU would then be asked questions about not containing the situation in time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,485 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

Few points.

1. Why would a politician and Lord Mayor of Dublin have to ask people not to look at her slanderous old Tweets surely someone in public eye has the gumption to know anything online stays online. You don't post things like that. I mean how stupid can she be? Isn't she supposed to be educated?

2. Her posting that SPEAKS VOLUMES about how nasty she has been on Twitter.

3. When did you become her official PR person? Does it pay well?

1. Do you have difficulty reading and understanding her tweet? She said that people were editing the context out of tweets to make them look like she said something different. This is so that fools with no critical analysis skills, those with an agenda, and the gullible can target her.

2. Look at point 1.

3. Dunno...he/she may or may not be.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭fantaiscool

lol I absolutely love how triggered the racists get by Chu :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,841 ✭✭✭TomTomTim

It says a lot about you when you care more about "racists" than the disgusting act that she committed. As usual, you people always have your priorities backwards.

“The man who lies to himself can be more easily offended than anyone else. You know it is sometimes very pleasant to take offense, isn't it? A man may know that nobody has insulted him, but that he has invented the insult for himself, has lied and exaggerated to make it picturesque, has caught at a word and made a mountain out of a molehill--he knows that himself, yet he will be the first to take offense, and will revel in his resentment till he feels great pleasure in it.”- ― Fyodor Dostoevsky, The Brothers Karamazov

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Is it possible to have an opinion without people saying Far Left & Far Right?

Every single fcking time.

Didn't say she said it. She Tweeted it.

Of course ignore reality as it doesn't fit your little safe space bubble what do I care if you don't want to engage in reality and ignore facts away ya go.
    She showed her true colours tweeting this.

Just google Hazel Chu tweets travellers are scum it's there online from 1.11.18

to quote

We can't just generalize and say it's only travellers and people on social welfare who are scum.

She's vile

She was responding to tweets that were subsequently deleted.
    Her tweets are being used to twist an agenda as usual.

I’m not a fan of hers btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

Believing that "Chu" is fostering divisions by her (sometimes inaccurate) agenda driven comments, does not mean people are racist.

• Advertisement

Believing that "Chu" is fostering divisions by her (sometimes inaccurate) agenda driven comments, does not mean people are racist.

She has been subject to racial attacks by the dimwitted alt right racist scum we unfortunately have in our country and handled it with grace. She is as Irish as myself as far as I'm concerned and I don't think I'm alone in getting a chuckle out of how much she triggers the alt right scum. She seems too smart for them every time they try to have a pop :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Its infuriating, 0.5% of the population, 75% of the noise either generated or about them.

This far right boogey woogey man sh1te from the media has to stop, its a tiny negligible minority, that was rejected by the electorate. Basically all of our major parties are the same!

The far right have as much power as those Twitter terrorists MASI

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Samsonsmasher

See the Irish Examiner are now pushing for inquiry into how Garda are trained.

The experts they are of course

There should be no mystery at all.
    The armed response units get the same firearms and tactical training as armed units the world over. The course content should be readily available.
    It won't prevent similar incidents in the future.
    When armed suspects attack armed officers with potentially lethal consequences then lethal force will be used in response.
    That won't change no matter what new recommendations are brought in.
    If armed officers are expected to allow suspects to potentially kill them and not to use their weapons that will lead to the death of Gardaí and members of the public in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭nigeldaniel

God be the day that the print media had journalists that know their job. That is all I am saying.

Dan.

Unfortunately not im afraid. The good thing is that the far right pond scum are rightfully seen as scum by and large by the public.

My view on this incident is probably the same as yours in that I find it unlikely that the guards were motivated by any racist agenda. It was a case of a man not listening to instruction, given every chance and unfortunately having to be disarmed by force. So I think calling it a racist attack is definitely going too far.

At the same time we have a group of scum who rejoice in the incident, spread lies about the deceased and try to antagonize the family and friends with their comments and spreading of lies which understandably provokes an indignant response and the cycle continues.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I suppose one way to stop this from happening again is for young men to not have knives on their person and not beat others up.
    Is there some training they can take?

My view on this incident is probably the same as yours in that I find it unlikely that the guards were motivated by any racist agenda. It was a case of a man not listening to instruction, given every chance and unfortunately having to be disarmed by force. So I think calling it a racist attack is definitely going too far.

Yup pretty much spot on for my opinion.

I would consider it a pretty neutral and common sense opinion( I may be biased)

biko wrote: »
    I suppose one way to stop this from happening again is for young men to not have knives on their person and not beat others up.

Maybe if they had more "land and power" there would be no need to carry around butter knives, as a symbol of their warrior culture

Mod: Banned

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭amacca

biko wrote: »

:pac: post of the thread!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,161 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Its infuriating, 0.5% of the population, 75% of the noise either generated or about them.

This far right boogey woogey man sh1te from the media has to stop, its a tiny negligible minority, that was rejected by the electorate. Basically all of our major parties are the same!

The far right have as much power as those Twitter terrorists MASI
    Ah yes T, but as you note they're the boogeyman and that makes that tiny minority very useful. You want to stop questions that don't have simple answers, or stop questioning government and NGO and other vested interests feck ups? Point to the boogeyman and accuse people of being with them. Job done. Why? Because the vast majority of people aren't right wing racists and really don't want to be seen to be in cahoots with them, so will go silent at the accusation and association. Actual right wing racists wouldn't give a damn.

If there were a large cohort of "alt right" racists in the Irish population they seem to be remarkably silent, what with the passing of divorce, SSM, abortion, a massive shift away from the church of the old days etc and the return to power each time of governments that would be seen as damned near commies to many American observers. In reality the vast majority of Irish voters are so middle of the road politically they should have a white line down them, with any swing generally to the "left".

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Advertisement

Yup pretty much spot on for my opinion.

I would consider it a pretty neutral and common sense opinion( I may be biased)

Absolutely. It's understandable that the family would be angry and perhaps blame the guards as it is their loved one after all and you can't expect them to be totally objective about the facts of the case.

Its disappointing that black members of the community did protests and blamed the guards as well though. I don't think they were representative of all black people in the area and in the city. I've got two close black friends in work and they both express the same opinion as me on the issue which I found reassuring.

Absolutely. It's understandable that the family would be angry and perhaps blame the guards as it is their loved one after all and you can't expect them to be totally objective about the facts of the case.

Its disappointing that black members of the community did protests and blamed the guards as well though. I don't think they were representative of all black people in the area and in the city. I've got two close black friends in work and they both express the same opinion as me on the issue which I found reassuring.

I know a few of them in the area. Some partaking in the protest some not. I suppose some feel from their perspective it was only a matter of time before something like this happend. Everything happening in America etc doesn't help the situation either, but to me they're chalk and cheese.

When I first heard this series of events I heard no description of color of the person. I got asked '' Did you hear the story about your man shot in blanch after going at a guard with a knife?'' My response was pretty straight forward '' What an idiot, what did he expect to happen'' That hasn't changed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭Akesh

Unfortunately not im afraid. The good thing is that the far right pond scum are rightfully seen as scum by and large by the public.

At the same time we have a group of scum who rejoice in the incident, spread lies about the deceased and try to antagonize the family and friends with their comments and spreading of lies which understandably provokes an indignant response and the cycle continues.

The only ones I can see exploiting this are all the far left nut cases trying to score woke points at the expense of a mentally ill man.

The actions of his brother are despicable and he is a proven liar from stating that the thief was lying down and carrying a butter knife. Whatever comes his way is as a result of his own actions trying to exploit the death of his brother for personal gain.

The only ones exposing themselves to the public are the mentally ill left who are desperate to divide society and race bait for their own personal gain.

They should be ashamed of themselves, but they clearly have no shame.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭amacca

Absolutely. It's understandable that the family would be angry and perhaps blame the guards as it is their loved one after all and you can't expect them to be totally objective about the facts

I wouldn't share this belief at all...
    Maybe for a teenager or a child or someone with very limited mental capacity..........but for a family that know the facts, is it not true he had a barring order taken out against him by the family ....and then they cast doubt/try to blame the gards for defending their own lives and possibly the lives of the family/others

It smacks of opportunism to further a victimhood agenda or extreme ignorance and unwillingness to face facts............you can grieve without telling lies, sowing division and possibly putting other people's lives at risk down the line......

It's not ok to facilitate lies or lie about a situation causing division and further trouble in a community in my book......its the exact opposite of OK

• Registered Users Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Mimon

She has been subject to racial attacks by the dimwitted alt right racist scum we unfortunately have in our country and handled it with grace. She is as Irish as myself as far as I'm concerned and I don't think I'm alone in getting a chuckle out of how much she triggers the alt right scum. She seems too smart for them every time they try to have a pop :)

Fair enough but she's totally wrong on this one.

I know a few of them in the area. Some partaking in the protest some not. I suppose some feel from their perspective it was only a matter of time before something like this happend. Everything happening in America etc doesn't help the situation either, but to me they're chalk and cheese.

When I first heard this series of events I heard no description of color of the person. I got asked '' Did you hear the story about your man shot in blanch after going at a guard with a knife?'' My response was pretty straight forward '' What an idiot, what did he expect to happen'' That hasn't changed.

I agree with everything said. I don't think there is a real leader of sorts in the black community either which they probably need.

It doesn't help that the guards are more or less a totally white organization too. I don't think I've ever seen a black guard. In this day and age they need black/eastern europeans/asians and so on in the force to deal with the public.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,842 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Do you not think that it was a bit scummy to immediately imply, in a thinly veiled online attack, and with next to no details, that some guard had just decided to shoot a fella dead because he was black?

That coming from someone who is in a position of power and authority? Or at least in a position of influence?

amacca wrote: »
    I wouldn't share this belief at all...
    Maybe for a teenager or a child or someone with very limited mental capacity..........but for a family that know the facts, is it not true he had a barring order taken out against him by the family ....and then they cast doubt/try to blame the gards for defending their own lives and possibly the lives of the family/others

It smacks of opportunism to further a victimhood agenda or extreme ignorance and unwillingness to face facts............you can grieve without telling lies, sowing division and possibly putting other people's lives at risk down the line......

It's not ok to facilitate lies or lie about a situation causing division and further trouble in a community in my book......its the exact opposite of OK

It's the first I'm hearing of a barring order. I lean towards your view, I was just saying it was understandable that they not be completely objective. If my family member had just been pumped with bullets by the guards, it's possible I would be in total grief and not in the right mind. It would be an irrational response I know but a human one. The community around them furthering it is what I take issue with and really lets their side down in my view. I don't think they are representative of the view of many black people in the country though who probably feel like it was more or less a justified response by the guards. The ones I know said that anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,867 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Burkie1203 wrote: »
    Really need to completely revamp who we let into the country.

https://twitter.com/orlaredchan/status/1345789778701262849?s=19

That video is actually pretty concerning.

It's clear there's an underlying and far wider reaching agenda here than just "justice for George"

Although he lifted part of his speech from Boyz n the Hood (35 seconds in):

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,639 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Akesh wrote: »
    The only ones I can see exploiting this are all the far left nut cases trying to score woke points at the expense of a mentally ill man.

The actions of his brother are despicable and he is a proven liar from stating that the thief was lying down and carrying a butter knife. Whatever comes his way is as a result of his own actions trying to exploit the death of his brother for personal gain.

The only ones exposing themselves to the public are the mentally ill left who are desperate to divide society and race bait for their own personal gain.

They should be ashamed of themselves, but they clearly have no shame.
    Do you think it was "the far left" or the "mentally ill left" who spread the misinformation that he had 30+ convictions, or who pretended that some image of a man slashed as part of football-related violence in England was the Eurostar shop staff?

The left are are the only ones exploiting this? What a load of nonsense.

It was sadly inevitable that a combination of utter thicks and utter **** from all sides would make as much hay as they could.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement