Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

George Nkencho shooting *Mod warning Added to OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭malinheader

They mustn't be back to work until tomorrow

Doctors are back but the teachers and engineers probably not back yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

biko wrote: »
    I don't know his name but there is at least one black garda on the force, handsome guy too.

DZDc6-Tx-X0-AAQGB4.jpg

Df1-Vtd-XW0-AUl-Iv-G.jpg

This guy must get some serious racist abuse from scumbags.

Scumbags will say whatever they think will work best to insult a person.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,599 ✭✭✭newmember2

Doctors are back but the teachers and engineers probably not back yet.

tbf I don't think engineers work the same hours as teachers.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Correct. If you're a young black/asian/minority person, being a guard probably doesn't feel like a possibility in Ireland.

I know an Asian that joined the reserve Garda. Money wasn't good enough to actually join I guess (their own job would pay a lot more) but they were interested in giving back to the community. Loved the gig too, never heard a bad thing said about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Gothic Insanity

JJayoo wrote: »

Definitely love seeing things like this.
    I'm sure he's well trained to ignore it , have to be in that job.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭AndyTheDude

I just want to express my full support for the Gardai who dealt with this violent thug on that day. I couldn't imagine a better outcome. George the feral animal attacked a working lad and got a few bullets. Fantastic. This is exactly how I want to see my hard earned taxes being spent.

As for the protests going on, especially those calling for "justice for George"; George got his justice on the spot. No doubt the society is better off without him.

I find it really hard to feel any sort of compasion for George's parents too: they raised a criminal.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Gothic Insanity

I just want to express my full support for the Gardai who dealt with this violent thug on that day. I couldn't imagine a better outcome. George the feral animal attacked a working lad and got a few bullets. Fantastic. This is exactly how I want to see my hard earned taxes being spent.

As for the protests going on, especially those calling for "justice for George"; George got his justice on the spot. No doubt the society is better off without him.

I find it really hard to feel any sort of compasion for George's parents too: they raised a criminal.
    Judgement much.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 285 ✭✭Hellokitty1212

I was a patient in hospital once not long back and saw a very nasty man refuse to be seen by a wonderful large Caribbean born nurse. Amazing woman she was, a laugh like a song!

He was - rightly - put in his place.

Yet I’ve a physiotherapist living in my avenue who has been removed in two occasions from care due to being white / one time by a black Irish woman and once by a black African man.

The clinic meekly agreed. Racism is abhorrent - no matter what colour it is aimed at and sadly this allowing one one side of society to abuse another while claiming victimhood is driving right wing views.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Irelands first black Garda graduated from Templemore in the 1980's

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I am sure it happens the other way around too.
    It's part and parcel of the New Ireland we find ourselves in.

Many people have worked for it to happen, and now we're here.

• Advertisement

All guards get serious abuse and not just from scumbags.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭Howard Beale

I was a patient in hospital once not long back and saw a very nasty man refuse to be seen by a wonderful large Caribbean born nurse. Amazing woman she was, a laugh like a song!

He was - rightly - put in his place.

Yet I’ve a physiotherapist living in my avenue who has been removed in two occasions from care due to being white / one time by a black Irish woman and once by a black African man.

The clinic meekly agreed. Racism is abhorrent - no matter what colour it is aimed at and sadly this allowing one one side of society to abuse another while claiming victimhood is driving right wing views.

Nothing wrong with being right!

Ireland has become such an incredibly soul less pathetic nation we don't even have a right yet their is umpteen groups set up (many with taxpayers money) to fund dole work shy wasters who target the boogey man 'far right'.

Nearly every other country in Europe has a proper right allowing debate, discussion and choice. There is NOT ONE mainstream party in Ireland will question immigration. Not one.
    The sad thing is these so called 'anti fascists' are the most fascist people you could ever meet. They actually not only want to censor anyone who has opposing views but stop them entirely.
    They will never allow debate simply because they can't win it.

Apparently Kevin Sharkey a bisexual black man is now 'far far right' to these incel freaks as he spoke at a anti lockdown event. Truth is there never has been a 'far right' in Ireland it's all made up and couldn't be any worse than the 'far left'.

The media fuels this for the gormless masses. Far right this and that all the time when it doesn't exist. It's like bigfoot. For all the talk of the far right you will never see them banging on shutters to a shop screaming white bastards or threatening to kill Gardai very publicly like the BLM mob.

• Registered Users Posts: 56,238 ✭✭✭✭walshb

bubblypop wrote: »
    All guards get serious abuse and not just from scumbags.

They do. But white gardai won’t get abuse for being white... that is the poster’s point..

Scumbags, and others abusing gardai will use whatever they can to abuse. No doubt racism will come into play when they are facing a black Garda..

Human nature, albeit the nasty part of human nature!

walshb wrote: »
    They do. But white gardai won’t get abuse for being white... that is the poster’s point..

Scumbags, and others abusing gardai will use whatever they can to abuse. No doubt racism will come into play when they are facing a black Garda..

Human nature, albeit the nasty part of human nature!

White gardai do get abused for their skin colour.

White gardai do get abused for their skin colour.

By who? Black people?

Not near the same...and you know it.

Ireland is a predominantly white country with a white police force...

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭Howard Beale

By who? Black people?

WOW imagine that a country in Europe is white? Be like going to Africa and being shocked the majority of people are black!

By who? Black people?

Why is it not the same ??

WOW imagine that a country in Europe is white? Be like going to Africa and being shocked the majority of people are black!

Not sure what your point is here relating to mine..

Why is it not the same ??

Does this need to be explained?

I have heard gardai getting abuse by many many people.

Never ever did I hear anyone abuse them because they were white. Not once..

This doesn’t just apply to gardai.. I have never ever heard any white persons getting abused because they were white..

But I have heard-seen many instances of white peoples using racial language and being racially abusive to black people..

Been in many a taxi journey..I am sure many can attest to the same..

Yes, racism exists with all people/colours; but let’s not be obtuse in making out that there are no differences between these...

Now, is anyone really trying to claim that black gardai will suffer the same as regards racism by scumbags and others as their white colleagues?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

By who? Black people?

So if I'm living in Nigeria and call a Nigerian policeman a black bastard that's not as bad as if I said the same thing to a Nigerian person living here?

• Advertisement

I have heard gardai getting abuse many many people.

This doesn’t just apply to gardai..

I have never ever heard any white persons getting abused because they were white..

But I have heard-seen many instances of white peoples using racial language and being racially abusive to black people..

Yes, racism exists with all people/colours; but let’s not be obtuse in making out that there are no differences between these...

There were people being abused just for being white in the EuroSpar at the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

I have heard gardai getting abuse many many people.

This doesn’t just apply to gardai.. I have never ever heard any white persons getting abused because they were white..

Now, is anyone really trying to claim that black gardai will suffer the same as regards racism by scumbags and others as their white colleagues?

I have and have been abused myself for been white and Irish.

There were people being abused just for being white in the EuroSpar at the weekend.

Eh, I know this..

You are completely missing my point.

I know black people can be racist against white people..

I am discussing a poster who said a black Garda will suffer racism by scumbags..

Absolutely he/she would...

I have and have been abused myself for been white and Irish.

By who?

I never said white people will never be racially abused..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

By who? Black people?

Yet white shoppers got racial abused in a shop in Dublin.

statesaver wrote: »
    Yet white shoppers got racial abused in a shop in Dublin.

Yes. I know..

Racism exists amongst all people..

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Yes. I know..

Racism exists amongst all people..

And I don't believe it should, it has no place in our society and I want nothing to do with how it goes down in the US.... We are nothing like it there....

And I don't believe it should, it has no place in our society and I want nothing to do with how it goes down in the US.... We are nothing like it there....

In a Carlsberg-ideal world it wouldn’t exist...

It’s part of human nature. Always has been and always will be..

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭Marcos

So if I'm living in Nigeria and call a Nigerian policeman a black bastard that's not as bad as if I said the same thing to a Nigerian person living here?

That's the weakness in this argument. Most people will rightly think that casting slurs on anyone referring to their skin colour or nationality is racist. Unless you magically think that the only people in the world that can be racist are white people, no matter what their circumstances, and if they are in a minority or discriminated against that doesn't matter. It's because of their original sin of whiteness. Which of course is to most people a racist position.

I think this is one of the main reasons why you hear the racebaiters and their woke followers say that they are so exhausted trying to make people see the, i.e.their, truth. It's obvious to most people that this is an indefensible position.

When most of us say "social justice" we mean equality under the law opposition to prejudice, discrimination and equal opportunities for all. When Social Justice Activists say "social justice" they mean an emphasis on group identity over the rights of the individual, a rejection of social liberalism, and the assumption that unequal outcomes are always evidence of structural inequalities.

Andrew Doyle, The New Puritans.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,798 ✭✭✭Rezident

Gatling wrote: »
    I'd imagine I can't go to Nigeria and be given money ,a house ,a business and talk to a police officer that looks and sounds like me ,

But hey ,you came got social housing , welfare payments and gave next to nothing in return

Considering how many people the Nigerian police regularly shoot dead, it is perhaps understandable why some of them are violent and carry knives:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/oct/24/just-stop-killing-us-young-nigerians-rise-up-against-brutal-police-force

But you would think they would be a bit more grateful living in Ireland instead. Evidently not.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement