Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

George Nkencho shooting *Mod warning Added to OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Any rough time frame on when the investigation will conclude and stop a lot of the speculation

• Registered Users Posts: 11,790 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Justice for George hashtag trending on twitter with a flowery photo of saint George

SF TD urging constituents in that area to not share videos of the violence last week.

Some people sharing a pic of the Garda on WhatsApp which originated possibly from the brothers phone by the looks of it (it came from the house or the neighbours house anyway)

The family now calling him a lovely decent kind gentle soul. Which is bizarre if the ST article is in anyway accurate.

MERJ have issued a statement saying he wa skilled as a result of institutional racism

Really need public reps to up their game here

• Registered Users Posts: 1,798 ✭✭✭Rezident

biko wrote: »
    I suppose one way to stop this from happening again is for young men to not have knives on their person and not beat others up.
    Is there some training they can take?

Lots of people in Ireland have mental health problems, including my wife, but they do not all respond by carrying lethal weapons around with them, attacking people and disturbing the peace.

It is common sense to not carry lethal weapons, such as a knife. If you cannot even manage that then perhaps you are just not fit to live in a modern, civilised society. Adapt or live elsewhere.

There is no issue with the Guards' behaviour here, the only problem is the behaviour of the "protestors" and trouble-makers.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

Burkie1203 wrote: »
    Justice for George hashtag trending on twitter with a flowery photo of saint George

SF TD urging constituents in that area to not share videos of the violence last week.

Some people sharing a pic of the Garda on WhatsApp which originated possibly from the brothers phone by the looks of it (it came from the house or the neighbours house anyway)

The family now calling him a lovely decent kind gentle soul. Which is bizarre if the ST article is in anyway accurate.

MERJ have issued a statement saying he wa skilled as a result of institutional racism

What does MERJ do ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭malinheader

That SF TD might have the same mind set as a certain member of the British parliament, Naz Shah.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,334 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

statesaver wrote: »
    What does MERJ do ?

Looks like yet another hodge-podge "rights" group judging by wikipedia.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,790 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Keep an eye on this and see how many vote

https://twitter.com/INgaeilge/status/1346169984872013825?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Gothic Insanity

Twitter is toxic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

It’s not trending on Irish Twitter. No mention of him.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,552 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

What does MERJ do ?

Reprasentz de fam in there quest for tillage land with road frontage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,099 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

Nothing wrong with being right!

Ireland has become such an incredibly soul less pathetic nation we don't even have a right yet their is umpteen groups set up (many with taxpayers money) to fund dole work shy wasters who target the boogey man 'far right'.

Nearly every other country in Europe has a proper right allowing debate, discussion and choice. There is NOT ONE mainstream party in Ireland will question immigration. Not one.
    The sad thing is these so called 'anti fascists' are the most fascist people you could ever meet. They actually not only want to censor anyone who has opposing views but stop them entirely.
    They will never allow debate simply because they can't win it.

Apparently Kevin Sharkey a bisexual black man is now 'far far right' to these incel freaks as he spoke at a anti lockdown event. Truth is there never has been a 'far right' in Ireland it's all made up and couldn't be any worse than the 'far left'.

The media fuels this for the gormless masses. Far right this and that all the time when it doesn't exist. It's like bigfoot. For all the talk of the far right you will never see them banging on shutters to a shop screaming white bastards or threatening to kill Gardai very publicly like the BLM mob.

there are true right wing and even the odd far right party in ireland.
    the reality is that the majority of people don't subscribe to such views and hence there isn't any real demand for parties that represent the type of views you hold.
    i understand that may be hard for you but the reality is that centrist to left views are the majority here, as we know the general right wing have been shown to be unable to deliver, and the alt/far right have failed at everything.
    the far left are an issue also but they aren't in government and aren't going to be so.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

Keep an eye on this and see how many vote

https://twitter.com/INgaeilge/status/1346169984872013825?s=19

So far, 91% of pollers say YES.

the reality is that the majority of people don't subscribe to such views and hence there isn't any real demand for parties that represent the type of views you hold.
    i understand that may be hard for you but the reality is that centrist to left views are the majority here, as we know the
    general right wing have been shown to be unable to deliver, and the alt/far right have failed at everything.
    the far left are an issue also but they aren't in government and aren't going to be so.

Yep. I'm grateful our politics is so tepid.

The far left and far right can **** right off.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Agreed. This suggests we're not really institutionally or politically racist as a nation. Why the uproar from certain sectors so?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭CrazyFather1

walshb wrote: »
    By who? Black people?

Not near the same...and you know it.

Ireland is a predominantly white country with a white police force...

Racism is racism
    Doesn't matter a f**k what colour you are!!!!

Omackeral wrote: »
    Agreed. This suggests we're not really institutionally or politically racist as a nation. Why the uproar from certain sectors so?!

Because the far left and far right can't thrive in stable societies. They must agitate to influence people.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,553 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

What does MERJ do ?

MERJ

ShamelessClearcutKinglet-max-1mb.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Harry 1234

Seen a good comment on youtube where someone suggested we jump on the BLM bandwagon and agree this was a racial incident. ie, he was a product of black privilege, and a victim of poor immigration policy. The point being made was that he would still be alive if he was deported - and we should be out on the street shouting for immigration reform because BLM!!

Does this need to be explained?

I have heard gardai getting abuse by many many people.

Never ever did I hear anyone abuse them because they were white. Not once..

This doesn’t just apply to gardai.. I have never ever heard any white persons getting abused because they were white..

But I have heard-seen many instances of white peoples using racial language and being racially abusive to black people..

Now, is anyone really trying to claim that black gardai will suffer the same as regards racism by scumbags and others as their white colleagues?

That's simply because you don't think someone calling someone a white bastard is racist. You do think calling someone a black bastard is racist. It's the bigotry of low expectations.

You are more racist than you think.

By who? Black people?

Not near the same...and you know it.

Ireland is a predominantly white country with a white police force...

Yes.

Why is it not the same?

Why should racism be acceptable at all?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56,238 ✭✭✭✭walshb

That's simply because you don't think someone calling someone a white bastard is racist. You do think calling someone a black bastard is racist. It's the bigotry of low expectations.

Calling someone a white or black whatever is racist..

I simply made a point that never in my life have I heard white people being racially abused...I have many times heard black peoples and oriental people being racially abused..

And I am betting my experience as a white Irish person is very very similar to many white Irish people.

Nobody will tell me that they have heard/experienced/seen black on white racism near to the same level as white on black racism.

Now, are you calling me racist?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,599 ✭✭✭newmember2

good one! :D

Yes.

Why is it not the same?

Why should racism be acceptable at all?

Who said racism is acceptable?

I am talking about prevalence here...

I should have stressed this. I assumed people knew.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭Buddy Bubs

White gardai do get abused for their skin colour.

Tell that to my friend sergeant ghosty

Calling someone a white or black whatever is racist..

I simply made a point that never in my life have I heard white people bro g racially abused...I have many times heard black peoples and oriental people being racially abused..

And I am betting my experience as a white Irish person is very very similar to many white Irish people.

Nobody will tell me that they have heard/experienced/seen black on white racism near to the same level as white on black racism.

Now, are you calling me racist?

I understand what you're saying, but I had a black man racially abuse me before.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

They do. But white gardai won’t get abuse for being white... that is the poster’s point..

Scumbags, and others abusing gardai will use whatever they can to abuse. No doubt racism will come into play when they are facing a black Garda..

Human nature, albeit the nasty part of human nature!
    What does MERJ do ?

Unfortunately it would appear gardai are being abused for being white in this instance.

Those who are screaming that the shooting was racist is based on the fact that the gardai
    involved are white.

The above group MERJ were responsible for organising the vigils / protests following the incident in Hartstown.

They also posted the following abusive chants against the same 'white' gardai - these include:
    All those racist ass cops we don't need them ...

How many people garda gon kill?...

They gon kill us tire ...

So yeah in my book that is racism

Previous comment on this lot
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=115768914&postcount=3087

I understand what you're saying, but I had a black man racially abuse me before.

Thank god someone gets my point..

It’s about prevalence and frequency..

• Registered Users Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Omackeral wrote: »
    All due respect, who gives a f*ck what they would think. Has it occurred to you that they'd only be seeing colour in your example. Judging something solely on race. There's a word for that you know...

the kind of identity politics hustlers that the poster believes need assuaging , would move on to whether or not a " Trans person " was one of the guards on duty if the " correct " quota of POC guards were reached

trying to appease those wackos and phoneys is the first mistake

Feeding time...

• Advertisement

That's a lie. Unless you haven't bothered to listen to the video of the people in the .

I meant never in the sense of being there.

Of course I have seen videos of black people racially abusing white people.

I have simply never seen/heard/witnessed (in the moment/present) any black people in Ireland racially abusing white people..and I have been in the company of black peoples many times

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement