Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

George Nkencho shooting *Mod warning Added to OP*

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 285 ✭✭Hellokitty1212

Far from scientific I know but we were watching Judge Judy earlier, and after a judgement they asked the loser what they’d take from this “never ever trust them white folks y’all”.

That’s not right .

• Registered Users Posts: 56,237 ✭✭✭✭walshb

If you can honestly say, you've never heard any derogatory comment made against a Caucasian which was prefaced with the word white, then I can say I think you are a liar.

Read post 5892.

• Far from scientific I know but we were watching Judge Judy earlier, and after a judgement they asked the loser what they’d take from this “never ever trust them white folks y’all”.

That’s not right .

Nothing on judge Judy is “right” to be fair.

Far from scientific I know but we were watching Judge Judy earlier, and after a judgement they asked the loser what they’d take from this “never ever trust them white folks y’all”.

That’s not right .

Yeah the US is a whole different story.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,005 ✭✭✭✭titan18

I understand what you're saying, but I had a black man racially abuse me before.

I'll add myself as another white person who was racially abused by a group of black men. Was in New York on 2019 and a group of them shouted abuse against me as I wouldn't buy their cd.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,099 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

Omackeral wrote: »
    Agreed. This suggests we're not really institutionally or politically racist as a nation. Why the uproar from certain sectors so?!

we aren't necessarily institutionally racist, and we aren't politically racist but there is a small problem with racism within our society, which does include the odd racist politician, that does need to be dealt with via greater challenging of such views.
    that is why there is uproar from some sections of society.
    there will also be those out to cause trouble of course.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

On the topic of diversity and the Gardai.

It would appear that there are those who don't want that to happen. And perhaps surprisingly no they are not white ...

This referencing People of Colour from our friends in MERJ
    We don’t want respectable, professional POC police or prosecutors. 

The Same bunch as detailed above are heavily involved in organising recent vigils/ protests. They advocate for the abolition of *Police *Property *Prison and the 'white capitalist system'

This is their latest statement following George Nkencho's death...

http://merjireland.org/index.php/2021/01/04/for-george-nkencho/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭tylercheribini

In its 99 year history An Garda Siochana have shot dead a grand total of 1 person of colour, it's like living in Mississippi Burning here.

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Frankie Machine

We must now see people like Coppinger, Murphy, Smith, and Lucy Michael for what they are to this country - they are The Enemy Within.

But just to take Michael's article in The Examiner -
    The death of George Nkencho... after gardaí used lethal force in disarming him, following an assault in a local shop.

An outright misrepresentation.
    Cases of lethal force tend to be reflective of institutional trends and regional attitudes.

Wow. De-personalisation cf of the individual/individuals who had to make a decision in a split-second that Lucy will never, ever have to make. Would not be able to make.

But it neatly sets up the sneakiest and most loaded observation of the piece -
    When police officers act, they do so on behalf of the organisation...

And again -
    Police officers act for the organisation when they use force as they do in the use of all of their powers.

Whatever this breezy aspersion on AGS (of whom I am no lover) is, it is certainly not scholarly.

Her IHREC bio tells us that she is an expert in racist discrimination and violence, experiences of victims, and the roles of statutory institutions and civil society in combating hate crime and exclusion.

It informs her journalism just enough to tell us that she knows at least as much about self-serving as those she is snootily disdains from her academic/quango ivory tower.

So yeah, The Enemy Within.

It has been heartening to read the thread from the very beginning, and to see that overwhelmingly for ordinary everyday people, the anti-white, woke, BS narrative is going nowhere.

A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly... He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murderer is less to be feared. The traitor is the carrier of the plague...

Taylor Caldwell, A Pillar of Iron, 1965.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭alias no.9

we aren't necessarily institutionally racist, and we aren't politically racist but there is a small problem with racism within our society, which does include the odd racist politician, that does need to be dealt with via greater challenging of such views.
    that is why there is uproar from some sections of society.
    there will also be those out to cause trouble of course.

So what action do you suggest should be taken against the elected politicians who have been stoking racial tensions following this incident?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭cannotlogin

Just seen an anti racism ad on virgin media. Never noticed it before but maybe they have ran them previously. Then again, judging by some of the comments on this thread, maybe racism is a much better issue that I thought.

In saying that, the recent shooting was 100% because the man was a threat and nothing to do with race.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭givyjoe

titan18 wrote: »
    I'll add myself as another white person who was racially abused by a group of black men. Was in New York on 2019 and a group of them shouted abuse against me as I wouldn't buy their cd.

Christ those guys are annoying. I couldn't look less like a person who'd be interested in their bleedin cd's.

• Registered Users Posts: 56,237 ✭✭✭✭walshb

alias no.9 wrote: »
    So what action do you suggest should be taken against the elected politicians who have been stoking racial tensions following this incident?

Me, personally...I’d gag them and jail them...

Dangerous people during this particular incident..

We must now see people like Coppinger, Murphy, Smith, and Lucy Michael for what they are to this country - they are The Enemy Within.

But just to take Michael's article in The Examiner -

An outright misrepresentation.

Wow. De-personalisation cf of the individual/individuals who had to make a decision in a split-second that Lucy will never, ever have to make. Would not be able to make.

But it neatly sets up the sneakiest and most loaded observation of the piece -

And again -

Whatever this breezy aspersion on AGS (of whom I am no lover) is, it is certainly not scholarly.

Her IHREC bio tells us that she is an expert in racist discrimination and violence, experiences of victims, and the roles of statutory institutions and civil society in combating hate crime and exclusion.

It informs her journalism just enough to tell us that she knows at least as much about self-serving as those she is snootily disdains from her academic/quango ivory tower.

So yeah, The Enemy Within.

It has been heartening to read the thread from the very beginning, and to see that overwhelmingly for ordinary everyday people, the anti-white, woke, BS narrative is going nowhere.

A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly... He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murderer is less to be feared. The traitor is the carrier of the plague...

Taylor Caldwell, A Pillar of Iron, 1965.

sorry but this is hysterical nonsense.
    there is no enemy with in, trators or treason.
    there are just people who's views you disagree with.

alias no.9 wrote: »

well, if any elected politicians have done what you claim, and i haven't saw such, then they should be put through the relevant disciplinary processes.

sorry but this is hysterical nonsense.
    there is no enemy with in, trators or treason.
    there are just people who's views you disagree with.

No, you're wrong. It's not the views I disagree with, it's the blatantly self-serving race-baiting and lying.

By people who gain from it because they are part of the grievance industry, or because they have insane political and economic beliefs.

Either way, they are contributing nothing to this problem specifically, or to this society in general. They are undermining social cohesion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭CrazyFather1

walshb wrote: »
    This is my personal experience as white Irish..

Dozens and dozens and dozens of racial moments/incidents I have heard/seen/experienced in Ireland of white on black/colour racism..

Most of these were casual off the cuff type “no harm meant” racism...

Never the opposite. Never experienced black people racially abusing anyone...

Hence my use of frequency and prevalence..

Of course, I have been in the company of white people a lot more than black people.

Have you ever said anything to these people about the "off the cuff" statement? I know personally myself and anyone I would hang around with wouldn't stay silent. If the person didn't stop then they wouldn't be part of our group.

Have you ever discussed the issue with these people? challenged them?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

No, you're wrong. It's not the views I disagree with, it's the blatantly self-serving race-baiting and lying.

By people who gain from it because they are part of the grievance industry, or because they have insane political and economic beliefs.

Either way, they are contributing nothing to this problem specifically, or to this society in general. They are undermining social cohesion.

Its just because they are sub standard journalists who have no idea how to fact check and think they work for a college paper where more /larger words are better with bonus points for the cause of the day.

It's all just to keep the NGO heavy train going with more and more issues that the NGOs arw unable to solve, ever

well, if any elected politicians have done what you claim, and i haven't saw such,...

You've just disqualified yourself from commenting on what I wrote.

:D

Like I said, I went to the trouble of reading the thread from page 1, before commenting.

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,679 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

titan18 wrote: »

Closer to home I’ve witnessed anti white racist comments by non whites in dublin on a number of occasions over the last few years.

• Advertisement

well, if any elected politicians have done what you claim, and i haven't saw such, then they should be put through the relevant disciplinary processes.

Paul Murphy suggested or almost accused the AGS of racial motivations for the killing.

Rachel Chu hasn't been far behind.

Brid Smith also.

All before the independent review was even conducted.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

So has there been any more protests or issues?

Its just because they are sub standard journalists who have no idea how to fact check and think they work for a college paper where more /larger words are better with bonus points for the cause of the day.

No.

She's not a journalist.

She's 'a sociologist in practice and consultant on equality and integration issues.'

Doctorate in Sociology, published author, former university lecturer, former President of The Sociological Association of Ireland, and currently a Commission Member of IHREC.

https://www.ihrec.ie/about/chief-commissioner-members-of-ihrec/dr-lucy-michael/

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

You're arguing with an idiot with far right leaning views most likely.

It's real simple. I've never been a victim of a racist attack for being white. I have black friends who I have personally seen get racially abused and I have been in the company of people who have made casually racist remarks referring to asians/blacks etc quite often. I pull them up on it every time and they don't do it again around me. I fell out with one guy on the periphery of my group of friends because he turned out to be racist and I called him out on it. The poster is being deliberately obtuse or has difficulty comprehending your posts.

I know the above is directed at another poster here and I note once again more of the 'far right' sthick. Too easy for discussion to descend into name calling. No need for it

Btw I accept your personal experience of racism. Others have their own stories which on an anonymous forum are just as valid...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,790 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

A " vigil" being organised on Wednesday in town.

No doubt Coppinger etc will be present.

Really hope Gardai enforce Covid regulations. Be funny to see her getting hauled off in handcuffs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

This is my personal experience as white Irish..

Dozens and dozens and dozens of racial moments/incidents I have heard/seen/experienced in Ireland of white on black/colour racism..

Most of these were casual off the cuff type “no harm meant” racism...

Hence my use of frequency and prevalence..

Of course, I have been in the company of white people a lot more than black people.

My mates nephew was stabbed a few years ago for being a “whitey”. He was 15 and minding his own business.

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/teen-boys-15-knifed-by-gang-of-youths-in-vicious-seaside-attacks-36188193.html

Ask anyone who works in social welfare, in a CWO office, etc if they’ve ever been racially abused.

Edit: it’s also a shame that “black” people and “Africans” are tarred with the same brush when it is generally people with their roots from one country that cause 90% of the hassle. I’d be very pi55ed off if the French were acting the bo11ix in Australia and was being lumped in as “Europeans”.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭Polar101

Feels like everyone is too busy getting offended on Twitter instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,790 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

I saw it last Thursday in Blanch SC.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

gozunda wrote: »
    I know the above is directed at another poster here and I note once again more of the 'far right' sthick. Too easy for discussion to descend into name calling. No need for it

Can't say I've noticed it on this thread...
    Expect the alt right scum to do their racist thing like they usually do.
    I'm no mod but it has to be a very difficult job dealing with the alt right scum who sign up and try to be smart about their racism.
    The good thing is that the far right pond scum are rightfully seen as scum by and large by the public.
    She has been subject to racial attacks by the dimwitted alt right racist scum we unfortunately have in our country and handled it with grace.
    I don't think I'm alone in getting a chuckle out of how much she triggers the alt right scum. She seems too smart for them every time they try to have a pop :)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

Burkie1203 wrote: »
    I saw it last Thursday in Blanch SC.

We all saw it in the Spar shop a few days ago. Such ( black on white ) racism didn't even make it onto the news / media.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement