Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

George Nkencho shooting *Mod warning Added to OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭gypsy79

Seems to be mainly Nigerian. I was speaking to an ex who is Malawi and she thinks its ridiculous that gangs are attacking shops and innocent people. Apparently Nigerians don't have a great reputation on the continent of Africa either, according to her.

They are hated all over Africa. It is why they are displayed as they are in District 9

I think South Africans hate Nigerians more than white people lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,841 ✭✭✭TomTomTim

gypsy79 wrote: »
    They are hated all over Africa. It is why they are displayed as they are in District 9

I think South Africans hate Nigerians more than white people lol

In the wake of the coronavirus, anti-foreigner sentiments are growing in South Africa. In September, thousands of South Africans marched along the streets with banners and placards demanding that Nigerians, Zimbabweans, and other foreigners leave their country. The protesters claimed that foreigners are taking away their jobs and committing crimes such as drugs and trafficking—the same narratives that have been used to attack foreigners and their properties in the past.

https://foreignpolicy.com/2020/11/24/south-africa-anti-foreigner-nigerian-xenophobia/

Are South Africans far right now too? :pac:

“The man who lies to himself can be more easily offended than anyone else. You know it is sometimes very pleasant to take offense, isn't it? A man may know that nobody has insulted him, but that he has invented the insult for himself, has lied and exaggerated to make it picturesque, has caught at a word and made a mountain out of a molehill--he knows that himself, yet he will be the first to take offense, and will revel in his resentment till he feels great pleasure in it.”- ― Fyodor Dostoevsky, The Brothers Karamazov

• Registered Users Posts: 8,691 ✭✭✭corks finest

TomTomTim wrote: »

No far south

• Registered Users Posts: 8,691 ✭✭✭corks finest

This the same Boulmer Hayes that verified Pams story all those years ago?

Thankfully I missed his rubbish

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

If you were standing on the street and someone was aggressively lunging towards you with a knife and there was an armed garda watching this unfold. Would you be thinking "why isn't he stopping him" or "I hope he doesn't shoot him"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,493 ✭✭✭Masala

Quote:
    Originally Posted by iebamm2580 View Post
    https://www.facebook.com/51862008151...ist_video_list

So this guy wants land, i have uncle farmers who wouldn't give me a bit of land but this guy want to rock up and get land, he talks about Ireland being complicit in slave trade as 100 people here were compensated when slavery was abolished, talks about knowing your history, he should maybe realize Ireland was still under British rule when slavery was abolished.

He'd wanna watch Richard Harris in the JB Keane film 'The Field' if he thinks an Irish person is going to allow an 'outsider' take his land!!

The history of the Irish and 'land' being taken off us goes back 800++yrs. Its an argument that we as Irish will not tolerate. So - yer man can pack up his tent and try his luck in Azerbaijan or somewhere. The brass neck of him ......

• Omackeral wrote: »
    Seriously, why is the “black community” a thing here? What’s a London geezer, a Nigerian bus driver, a young fella born and bred in Cabra, a South American student and an American office worker got in common with each other? I really really am at odds with this idea of a homogenous black community. Do they mean African? Or Nigerian?

Well, if they’re black, they have that in common I suppose? I would assume anyway, that being a member of the “black community” requires that you’re.. well black?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

In that case, I don't think the Guard knew that the girl had been killed. At that point, Hennessy was a random fella in a car with a knife stabbing himself? Not putting anyone else in obvious danger in the moment the shot was fired.

Twitter conclusion -Tumbleweeds. No outpouring of shite.

In this case, man with a knife was threatening and it looks like they were lunging and trying to decapitate Guards
    Twitter conclusion - Random Africans should be given free land and property in Ireland

I'm not saying the Guard was wrong in Hennessy case. Not at all. Just perplexed how someone could think that that incident was justified and think the recent one deserves some form of retribution against the Guard

of course the garda didn't know she was dead at that point , she wasn't found till two days later , The garda fired in that case because he believed that she was still in the car that she was the one about to be stabbed.
    the garda in that case was subject to an internal enquiry a corners court and a gsco investigation as well as trail by media and social media with the usual imbecilic allegations and ill informed statements.

Hennessey's family pushed for the garda to be tried for manslaughter in spite of the fact that they had been in contact with hennessy while every garda in the county was looking for him and refused to inform the gardai of this.

remember the post office shooting in Lusk ? the garda that shot tow post office robbers ? he had a price put on every gardas head and a garda in Dublin was shot at with a shot gun as a result,

regardless of how justified a police shooting is there will always be so one with an alternate point of view ,

giving those people a platform is a mistake though

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭jmlad2020

"Y didn't they call dis man a thug tho?!"
    **Posts link of random white man doing abhorrent crime**

Answer: Because the Author chose not to use the word thug, not because an entire race believes all black people are Thugs. Who is to say the Author was even white.

Thugs wield knives and slash innocent people. Just my two cents folks. Peace out.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,457 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Well, if they’re black, they have that in common I suppose? I would assume anyway, that being a member of the “black community” requires that you’re.. well black?

homogenous in skin colour only. Culturally they are not homogenous.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭malinheader

Masala wrote: »
    He'd wanna watch Richard Harris in the JB Keane film 'The Field' if he thinks an Irish person is going to allow an 'outsider' take his land!!

The history of the Irish and 'land' being taken off us goes back 800++yrs. Its an argument that we as Irish will not tolerate. So - yer man can pack up his tent and try his luck in Azerbaijan or somewhere. The brass neck of him ......
    Sad reality is , if he cries and complains enough there will be plenty of clowns like coppinger, Smith and Daley to name a few will go on a crusade in the Dail to try and get them what they want and if not some other handout to keep them happy.

Might sound ludicrous but that seems to be the way in this country. All welcome, even if you don't want to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,493 ✭✭✭Masala

Sad reality is , if he cries and complains enough there will be plenty of clowns like coppinger, Smith and Daley to name a few will go on a crusade in the Dail to try and get them what they want and if not some other handout to keep them happy.

Might sound ludicrous but that seems to be the way in this country. All welcome, even if you don't want to work.

If I hear an inclination of this - I will personally run for Politics to stir-up public backlash on this. I have 2 kids that will NEVER get on the property ladder let alone get a free site. There is no way that when Coppinger and Smith are handing out free sites that my name will not be in that pile.....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭Snickers Man

But how do you define "black"?

Think that's a simple question? Not even apartheid South Africa could answer it adequately, and that was a society in which people were legally classified as Black (of mainly African ancestry), White (of mainly European ancestry) or Coloured (of very mixed Afro-European ancestry or Asian).

These classifications were important because they determined where you could live, whether you could vote, whom you could marry, even whom you could get up close and personal with.

And even THEY couldn't be definitive about it. There was an appeals process that one could invoke if one thought they had been wrongly categorised. So you could demand that you were not black at all, you were coloured. Or that you were not coloured at all, you were actually white!!

Remember that woman who was a race-equality advocate in the US for years and masquerading as black before her very white parents outed her? Can't remember her name.

Many people who would be called n-word in Europe or America would be called the equivalent of "whitey" in Africa because of their mixed heritage.

Race identity, huh? It's not a black and white matter!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

Yeah but they are willingly creating an actual racial divide.

If white Irish people were proponants of a "white community", we would be hailed as racists. It doesnt matter if they are a minority.

Its de facto exclusionism based on race.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,161 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Omackeral wrote: »
    Seriously, why is the “black community” a thing here? What’s a London geezer, a Nigerian bus driver, a young fella born and bred in Cabra, a South American student and an American office worker got in common with each other? I really really am at odds with this idea of a homogenous black community. Do they mean African? Or Nigerian?
    Identity politics again O. It sees colour and group affiliation as obsessively as any nazi. If you're White you're all the same and all the same "oppressors", hence that ignorant moron going on about the Irish being complicit and getting compensation for slavery. The joke is if he's Nigerian he would do well to remember that Nigeria was known as the Slave Coast and given he's not a descendant of one of those poor devils sent across the Atlantic the chances are significantly higher that his ancestors profited more from the slave trade than any given Irishman and they profited from it before and after the big bad White Man got into it and then banned it.

The traditional slave trade in Southern Nigeria preceded the arrival of European influence,[3] and continued locally long after the effective abolition of slavery in many other countries.[4]

With the arrival of the transatlantic slave trade, traditional slave traders in southeastern Nigeria became suppliers of slaves to European slave traders.[3] Although local slavery was officially prohibited by the colonial British administration from the mid-1880s,[5] they tacitly permitted it to continue well into the 1930s,[6] ending completely only in the 1940s.[4]

Read on about modern slavery in the kip and how apparently legality is often overlooked with different pre-existing cultural traditions, which view certain actions differently.[1] In Nigeria, certain traditions and religious practices have led to “the inevitable overlap between cultural, traditional, and religious practices as well as national legislation in many African states” which has had the power to exert extra-legal control over many lives resulting in modern-day slavery.[2] The most commons forms of modern slavery in Nigeria are human trafficking and child labor. Ah bit t'is culture y'know :rolleyes:

That tosser has a neck as hard as a jockey's bollocks lecturing the Irish of all peoples on our own bloody soil.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,412 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

Question is, could they have shot him in the shoulder or the leg? Why shoot to kill?

Bit excessive to shoot him dead?

The term is "Shoot to stop". It is very rare that a single round will immediately incapacitate someone, it requires hitting something critical to the physical act of moving such as the brain, spine, bones, etc. What normally stops people is actually a psychological effect of the body saying "Holy crap, something significant has just happened... oh, I've been shot, I'd better go down, this isn't good".

Death is not the intent, but is, however, a not uncommon side-effect.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,316 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

If I hear an inclination of this - I will personally run for Politics to stir-up public backlash on this. I have 2 kids that will NEVER get on the property ladder let alone get a free site. There is no way that when Coppinger and Smith are handing out free sites that my name will not be in that pile.....

We need more people like you. Too many Irish people just roll over for this. And I say same for any foreign national who works their ass off here and get nothing too if they demanded slice of the pie

If it does happen I hope get the full backing of the public.

. Apparently Nigerians don't have a great reputation on the continent of Africa either, according to her.

I dated an Ethiopian girl who said the same. I guess she was racist too.

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Mike Murdock

Wibbs wrote: »

That tosser has a neck as hard as a jockey's bollocks lecturing the Irish of all peoples on our own bloody soil.

And no-one in the media will call him out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

While anecdotes arent worth much, Nigerians used to run a barbers on Manor street in Dublin, with "no whites allowed" on the window. Nice.

I used to do a bit of door work years ago and one night a week in an establishment was coined "Nigeria Night".....that was by the Nigerian punters btw, not staff. A gang of Nigerians used to turn up on the same night each week and there was always a lot of hassle, much more than normal. It was all hands on deck and used to be a disaster. Although, I have met many a nice Nigerian.

With the exception of the "Nigeria Night", I have never had a negative personal interaction with Nigerians or the "black community" in general. I have had far more problems with white Irish and travellers.

That being said, the importation of "BLM" activism into Ireland is worrying. We dont need extremism in any form (Left, Right or religious) and these shouty fcukers are displaying more racism and vitriol towards Ireland and Irish people, that it makes me wonder why the fcuk did they come here.

If you cant make it in Ireland, jaysis, its you thats the problem.

• Advertisement

77% of asylum applications are rejected. And it 88% when it comes Nigerians

https://www.worlddata.info/europe/ireland/asylum.php#:~:text=77%20percent%20of%20asylum%20applications%20have%20been%20rejected%20in%20the%20first%20instance.

They were scamming before they arrived. DP needs to be fixed and one of the ways it can be fixed is by removing them immediately

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Merj, ebun Joseph, Luke O'Neil all have their Twitter accounts so you can't post, they must know you or vet you basically so you can't question their ideology.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Asus X540L

I have 2 kids that will NEVER get on the property ladder let alone get a free site.

No offense but that seems a little defeatist.

I don't know the age of your children but what's stopping them becoming doctors or engineers etc and buying their own property?

Asus X540L wrote: »

I don't know the age of your children but what's stopping them becoming doctors or engineers etc and buying their own property?

I earmn 6 figures and struggle get on property ladder. It might get easier with COVID and WFH.

But not relevant here

• Registered Users Posts: 41,072 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

A comment from Facebook:

Imagine you get a job in a shop when you're 15. Shelf stacking. You work your bollix off, by 20 you're a manager. Not on great money, but it looks good on the C.V. You have more responsibility, are expected in every weekend, you are sometimes there from open til close.

This work ethic convinces a bank to give you a loan. You put your blood sweat and tears into renting a unit, starting your own business, putting in hours in the first few years that makes your old management job seem like dole dossing in comparison. Just to get it off the ground and pay back your loan.

And this is what the left think is open season for looting and burning. You shoot one of ours, a gang of our welfare dependent wasters will loot your business, smack the wing mirrors off your car, brick your house, threaten to pull a self employed tradesman out of his van and burn it.

This is the Irish left in action. The workers movement, apparently.

Ridiculously stupid comment to be honest. A facebook comment does not represent the left.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

Merj, ebun Joseph, Luke O'Neil all have their Twitter accounts so you can't post, they must know you or vet you basically so you can't question their ideology.

Lovely echo chambers they live in. You're never wrong in your very own echo chamber.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,072 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Daragh1980 wrote: »
    I said earlier that the Left were against private property but someone disagreed. One of their issues with the Gardai is that the latter “uphold private property rights”.

This would explain why my brother was unfriended by a SJW on Facebook when he posted about finally getting his mortgage approved.

Seriously someone unfriended someone on facebook so every left wing person thinks something. Theres no logic there at all.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭malinheader

Asus X540L wrote: »

Why should you have to be a doctor or engineer to afford your own home in your own country.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,798 ✭✭✭Rezident

Why is there no media reporting of the violent "protests"?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Asus X540L

Why should you have to be a doctor or engineer to afford your own home in your own country.

True but he doesn't seem to have much confidence in his kids becoming home owners. Maybe a more positive attitude is required.

Then again for all I know they're grown up and not academic types.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement