Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

George Nkencho shooting *Mod warning Added to OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

TallGlass2 wrote: »
    Seen a video there, seems like it's like a powder keg in parts of Blanch tonight

It's probably more likely twenty people shouting then a powder keg.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,193 ✭✭✭Be right back

And there is also a petition now too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭sully123

hynesie08 wrote: »
    Lugs brannigan would have a neck so thick the machete would break. Today's lads are weak.....

When Lugs Brannigan pours milk on his rice crispys they stay quiet!

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭E36Ross

Feisar wrote: »
    Some poor fúcker went to work today and this afternoon had to end a man's life. It'd be hard to live with.

Some other poor fúcker went to work today and had his nose broken.

There was also another 'poor fúcker' who thought he was in a game of GTA trying out armed robbery and taunting the gardai and suffered the real life consequences.

There's only 2 I feel sorry for.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Covit

“ Today the Garda murdered my mentally ill brother in-front of my eyes with no remorse. They didn’t even try detain him they just used brute force. Then identify him as a thug and people stand here and tell me BLM?”

So his brother is blatantly lying. This family must be a real staple of the community.

No harm plug em, might make few more of them think about there actions

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,156 ✭✭✭screamer

Well they can shove that

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

Unlawful killing ? Didn't know the investigation is over already :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,972 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

TallGlass2 wrote: »
    Seen a video there, seems like it's like a powder keg in parts of Blanch tonight

Missing their Krispy Kreme doughnuts I reckon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭CinemaGuy45

https://twitter.com/cath_h2/status/1344413205804838917?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1344413205804838917%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=

Hate speech laws arriving just in time to shut us all up.

Not a criminal FFS.:rolleyes:

screamer wrote: »
    Well they can shove that

Definitely. I wonder how many signatures will it get.

• Advertisement

Missing their Krispy Kreme doughnuts I reckon.

What does that mean there will be fires to roast them on?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,044 ✭✭✭✭briany

sully123 wrote: »
    When Lugs Brannigan pours milk on his rice crispys they stay quiet!

It's a popular refrain, "If Lugs Brannigan were on the streets...", but things aren't exactly the same as they were in the 1960s.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,972 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

All these petitions and outrage are within a certain cohort. Forget about it, tomorrow it will be something else.

These people trying to get a rise and can go the F off now. It is not how most people react.

Loads I would guess facts don't matter in these cases.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

How can they say "he was not a criminal " with a straight face!
    He was literally on the way home after committing crimes!

Ireland is really entering a new age of enlightenment.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,602 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Couple of things here.
    It's never a good day when a person loses their life. It's not something the Garda involved set out to do at the start of their shift today.

However, if you are of the inclination to threaten another human with a deadly weapon you have to admit the consequences can be fatal for one of the parties involved.

Outside of that, I would hope there is a standard investigation to what happened.

In relation to the other commentary that is ongoing.....worrying.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

I love the hashtag. It's great if people will be able to take the day off work for it!! Not a criminal? What makes someone a criminal in their eyes? GBH isn't enough of a crime.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭.anon.

That tweet is from one of those far-right 'patriot' accounts. Just thought I'd point that out in case you weren't aware...

How can they say "he was not a criminal " with a straight face!
    He was literally on the way home after committing crimes!

Ireland is really entering a new age of enlightenment.

George Floyd was a total scumbag and morons are taking the knee at the start of every football match.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭LuasSimon

There’s a lot of free legal aid solicitors out there who will have no problem signing it ... they tell some of the biggest yarns in courthouses all over the country defending ( making up excuses ) for violent criminals as they terrorize communities!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,824 ✭✭✭irishproduce

I think it's appropriate the Dublinlive link refers to the attacker as a "knifeman". No other language is required to describe him. Not his lifestyle choice, not his age and not his colour. A "knifeman" is easy to understand as being a man with a knife.

With that part resolved, hopefully all the media will choose appropriate language to describe the attacker. I hope they don't start using loaded terms to paint him as someone hard done by it will only encourage misguided people to start acting up more than they already are.

There is an issue with the soft touch approach to crime and criminals here. From the Guards being afraid to make an incorrect judgement fearing they will have GSOC and media all over them (I often wonder why people bother entering the guards here the way they are treated and considering the job they do to protect us all), to the solicitors and Judges tucking in to all the fees on the criminal justice system merry go round.
    I hope this incident sends out a message to would be attackers that there is a real risk you will be killed. The guards have to protect themselves first and unlike you and me, they are trained how to get the job done quickly and safely because they have to be accountable.

Talking about using tasers and such, some of these attackers are high as a kite on serious drugs (being high can also get you mitigating punishment discounts from some judges) and won't respond to sprays or shocks the way you might like. That's what the gun is for.
    Can you imagine if the ASU were not there to help? The videos you are all seeing on WhatsApp could have been a lot different. Imagine seeing an unarmed guard being chased down and hacked with a machete! That's what you're dealing with here.
    I find it reassuring that we have the tools and resources to front up this threat. We live in a peaceful country where the guards aren't armed. We're very privelaged. In return we all should act accordingly and appreciate that environment.
    But when it's needed, the resources are there to come in hard where serious threats exist.

As a society I think we should be keeping an eye on this kind of event for future occurrences. I really do not like the idea of Ireland going down the route of UK for example where lads are going around with machetes robbing and endangering everyone around them. We have to deal with this sort of thing.

The guards involved today all have my backing. Each one of them. As a team, this is what they went in to training for and spent hours practicing standoffs, negotiations, self defence, public protection and firing weapons and today they delivered an excellent account of the training we paid for them to undertake.

A bonus is that they have saved us a fortune as well in solicitor and legal fees plus prison fees.

I'll put it to you this way, after the high profile cases we saw play out this year involving the convictions of men who murdered guards doing their job, I'm happy that we have a 3 minute segment on RTE about the fact that the guards shot an armed attacker today and not that we have headline news that a guard was killed on duty...again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭kildare lad

statesaver wrote: »

Did they fire 0.41666 of a bullet each ??

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Damn ass bandwagoning f*ckwits

.anon. wrote: »
    That tweet is from one of those far-right 'patriot' accounts. Just thought I'd point that out in case you weren't aware...

I don't really care is the information on the Tweet incorrect or something?

statesaver wrote: »

A lot of likes and retweets all the same.

A non factual post has got a huge amount of engagement and impressions. Dangerous times.

Did they fire 0.41666 of a bullet each ??

Don't be silly those guns need a two man team to operate.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,417 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Anyone organising or attending a protest in this current climate, particularly one with no grounds of justification like this, should have their dole cut (most probably don't qualify for the PUP). Fines too for anyone not wearing a mask at said protest as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭voldejoie

We've officially gone around the fcuking pipe, haven't we?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭.anon.

I don't really care is the information on the Tweet incorrect or something?

Sorry, I just thought I'd let you know, on the off-chance that you might not have wanted to associate yourself with a racist agenda.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement