Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

George Nkencho shooting *Mod warning Added to OP*

Options

Comments

Good video calling out the hypocrisy of the left politicians

Editor of Gript is John McGuirk.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_McGuirk

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Asus X540L

Yes RTE crave acceptance from all ethnic minorities in Ireland, they actually fawn, deeply embarrassing

Except when they put out an ad about "living in Ireland means you must obey the rules of Ireland which includes paying your TV license" starring a black man watching telly!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,576 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Mules wrote: »
    I could see Ebun in electoral politics in the future. Imagine if she was in government :eek:

The only ones that would vote for her would be middle class lefties, the SDs, Labour and the Greens are already fighting for every vote from this group.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,788 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Burkie1203 wrote: »
    A disgusting letter was sent to the Nkencho home today and is already under investigstion by Gardai under harassment and threatening behaviour legislation.

No word of a mention about an investigation into the scum who roamed Blanch causing havoc on Thursday though.

It might prove to be some idiot sent this letter but I wouldn't be surprised if the letter was sent by someone on the left looking to keep the "the Irish are racist" narrative going...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Pa ElGrande

Burkie1203 wrote: »
    A disgusting letter was sent to the Nkencho home today and is already under investigstion by Gardai under harassment and threatening behaviour legislation.

No word of a mention about an investigation into the scum who roamed Blanch causing havoc on Thursday though.

The letter has been passed to gardaí in Blanchardstown. It is understood it will be investigated under harassment and threatening behaviour legislation.

Garda scenes of crime examiners are to examine the document for fingerprints and analyse the postmark for clues about its provenance.

source

That is deplorable and I hope they do catch the person or persons responsible. Be wary and let the investigation complete before attributiing such letters to one side or other, some individuals want to feed the narratative as justification for race baiting and other individuals will take the opportunity to cause offence.

Net Zero means we are paying for the destruction of our economy and society in pursuit of an unachievable and pointless policy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Asus X540L

The only ones that would vote for her would be middle class lefties, the SDs, Labour and the Greens are already fighting for every vote from this group.

Speaking of middle class lefties, I know a few on Facebook, usual "we're all the same just different skin pigmentation" but who are utterly disgusted by this crap in Dublin (ie Nigerians calling us slave traders, looking for free land).

So these guys are actually turning their supporters against them. It must be the same in America with BLM and there utter mayhem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭CrazyFather1

My partner just showed me one one of ebun's tweets, as well as for her saying it was a butter knife, she's now saying he was a community worker and a dedicated volunteer, she has some pair of ba#ls on her, she's really pushing this justice for george narrative, if/when the report comes out that the guard did everything right there's gonna be a lot of trouble i think.

How? she will walk away and nothing will happen. This is the problem, she can say whatever she likes and zero come back on her. She will lie and lie and lie, once the truth comes out then she will just hide for a few weeks and pop back up.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Went on twitter #justiceforGeorge trending, seems like George was the most gentle amazing human ever to exist.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,747 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

Government appointment to the seanad might do the trick to start her off

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

Good video calling out the hypocrisy of the left politicians

is that the guy who gave the press conference outside the ccj after the Aaron Brady (may he rot in hell) verdict ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41,072 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Asus X540L wrote: »
    Except when they put out an ad about "living in Ireland means you must obey the rules of Ireland which includes paying your TV license" starring a black man watching telly!

And? Do black men not watch TV?

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭Mules

She could always join one of those parties and be nominated for election
    The horror :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,691 ✭✭✭corks finest

Murphy, Coppinger and Smith got ripped a new one by this guy.

Imagine being that guy and his mother at the petrol station and having a mob attack you, or the people in the shop with lunatics screaming abuse outside.

The left are disastrous for the country

The left are disastrous for the country

They are playing into the hands of the budding alt right. The left act like unreasonable idiots and the alt right are waiting with the straight hard facts and nice suit and tie.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

The longer the powers-that-be wait before releasing an official statement the with all the details the worse it will get. The side defending this man's actions are not waiting they are pumping out bolloox 24/7 and this is going unchallenged.

They are playing into the hands of the budding alt right. The left act like unreasonable idiots and the alt right are waiting with the straight hard facts and nice suit and tie.

Straight hard facts? You are taking the piss. The alt right manufactured all the fake news about Machetes, previous convictions and doctored images from the UK.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Straight hard facts? You are taking the piss. The alt right manufactured all the fake news about Machetes, previous convictions and doctored images from the UK.

Put that in quotes, if you prefer. It's how they present it, nonetheless.

They are playing the game really well, the left are behaving like they want people to dislike them. All the alt right have to do is point it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,060 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

The alt right?

I think you're confusing rumour and conjecture with an actual racist conspiracy.

If you're going to make those type of statements you can expect to be asked to offer factual evidence to support them.

Glazers Out!

Put that in quotes, if you prefer. It's how they present it, nonetheless.

They are playing the game really well, the left are behaving like they want people to dislike them.

You claim they are being factual. But they are not. They are literally manufacturing fake news.

Terry Pratchet

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 285 ✭✭Hellokitty1212

If I had a maniac coming at me with a big knife I wouldn’t argue the point that the terminology was wrong.

I think it’s very easy to believe he has previous convictions. When the protective order was revealed he was noted to have “addresses in both Ireland and the UK”. He could easily have convictions in the UK.

• Advertisement

You claim they are being factual. But they are not. They are literally manufacturing fake news.

Watch the video, most of what he says is factual. The manipulation is the subtle part, which is the fake news. But most of it is simply stating facts or showing videos.

In that sense, they make it appear real even when they're being manipulative. That's what's clever about it. It's a playbook imported from the US.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭cal naughton

mynamejeff wrote: »
    is that the guy who gave the press conference outside the ccj after the Aaron Brady (may he rot in hell) verdict ?

No that guy was Kealan Harrington.

°°°°°

JJayoo wrote: »
    The longer the powers-that-be wait before releasing an official statement the with all the details the worse it will get. The side defending this man's actions are not waiting they are pumping out bolloox 24/7 and this is going unchallenged.

It has allowed a number of falsehoods to flourish amongst the public.

The machete/butter knife argument being the crown jewel of this case. Those who are siding with the Gardai are happy to believe there was a machete in his hand. Those who believe he was a Saint know for certain he was holding a butter knife.
    The truth is that he was wielding a dangerous blade, albeit not a machete, that could still kill.

As for the previous convictions angle, nearly every person who has been shot in Dublin in recent history has had a string of convictions as long as your arm, albeit they're usually white and career criminals. It's a typical narrative and seeing that this man was the first black person to be shot by police in this country, the jump to institutionalised racism in An Garda Siochana was unfair and inaccurate in the extreme, much lime everything else surrounding this case.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Tipperary animal lover

Like the good auld ebun ...

°°°°°

Until you offer evidence of an alt right conspiracy at play here your claims will fall on deaf ears.

Glazers Out!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 69 ✭✭soso02

Two things-

Find it's concerning that the brother's first instinct was to profit from the tragedy. The gob****es who contributed are to blame. Fools and their money are easily parted I guess. To continually raise the target of the gofundme is a sickening attempt to profit from this.

The letter sent to the family. I'm not one for conspiracies but I wouldn't be surprised if this was a ploy to frame Ireland as a racist country.

The letter is to be analysed ? Ffs the brother was caught on camera vowing to end the life of the garda who shot George. Have they reprimanded him ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,691 ✭✭✭corks finest

If I had a maniac coming at me with a big knife I wouldn’t argue the point that the terminology was wrong.

I think it’s very easy to believe he has previous convictions. When the protective order was revealed he was noted to have “addresses in both Ireland and the UK”. He could easily have convictions in the UK.

Doesn't matter about previous, not all crims keep getting caught, more will come out eventually, along with the truth, irrespective of any previous, facts are he was a danger to all near him, ffs his own family were, and he had to be dealt with

• Registered Users Posts: 52,009 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Both sides are doing that. Gentle George was a saint who “wouldn’t harm a fly” after all.
    Well according to his brother who was so afraid of him and wouldn’t come out of the house to try to get him to put down the knife. The family sought a protection order against this beautiful and harmless community worker who “was loved by everyone who knew him “.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

A few polite emails to the President of UCD, requesting a comment on his views of a member of his faculty contributing to racial tensions, divisiveness in the Community, unfounded suggestions of a a racially motivated attack on a violent man.

Is this part of black studies?

president@ucd.ie

I will be myself.

Just sent off a very long email just now.

What a vile human being she is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,576 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

€20600 in the gofundme for him, fools and their money are easily parted.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement