Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

George Nkencho shooting *Mod warning Added to OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,788 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Watch the video, most of what he says is factual. The manipulation is the subtle part, which is the fake news. But most of it is simply stating facts or showing videos.

In that sense, they make it appear real even when they're being manipulative. That's what's clever about it. It's a playbook imported from the US.

Care to point out what in the video is manipulative?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,599 ✭✭✭newmember2

nullzero wrote: »
    Until you offer evidence of an alt right conspiracy at play here your claims will fall on deaf ears.

Have you not read...

"One major part of the discourse surrounding George Nkencho’s murder is ‘respectability politics’. It is the belief that if you act respectable and professional (white) that you can avoid racism and oppression. This belief is extremely harmful to direct towards the Black community and for Black people to adopt. This places extreme pressure on Black people to place unrealistic standards on themselves every single day in order to be seen as deserving of careers, benefits or even life. We can not combat racism with respectability politics and forcing Black people to market themselves as non violent every single day."

http://merjireland.org/index.php/2021/01/04/for-george-nkencho/

In essence what they're encouraging is for the black to be free of white oppression, he needs to be violent. In so doing the prisons can fill and the black young men can get shot by the police. If that's not a brilliant alt-right plan I don't know what is.

• Registered Users Posts: 52,009 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Milk.tracy wrote: »
    Is dere any proof dat de gardas are not racist?
    Also why did not shoot him in the hand to dissarm him?
    Racism?

Welcome back.
    We missed you.😂😂😂

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Milk.tracy wrote: »
    Is dere any proof dat de gardas are not racist?
    Also why did not shoot him in the hand to dissarm him?
    Racism?

No they should have shot the knife......

We would be then #knifelivesmatter

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭chosen1

soso02 wrote: »
    Two things-

The letter sent to the family. I'm not one for conspiracies but I wouldn't be surprised if this was a ploy to frame Ireland as a racist country.

The letter is to be analysed ? Ffs the brother was caught on camera vowing to end the life of the garda who shot George. Have they reprimanded him ?

This saga is brining out the worst in Irish society so I'd be fairly confident that it is probably genuine.

There was enough evidence from the videos of the altercation to see that the guards had no choice but to take him down and most reasonable people would have seen that it was in no way racist and he got what was coming to him.

We then had someone going out of their way to produce faked memes about his previous convictions and injuries to the manager that were easily proven false.

The result was that the ones crying racism now had genuine evidence of racism and this was the stuff that was reported in mainstream media. Wish people like that would stay out of it.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

why was the thread name changed ?

Violent criminal stopped mid crime ?

deranged lunatic prevented from hurting someone ?

Family uses tragic event to profit ?

would all be more honest and truthful that what it is

"George Nkencho shooting" suggests some ambiguity about what happened.

Its all on video ffs ? he did certain things and the police did certain things ,

I suppose that it exposes the lie that the sister opened the door to try save her brother or that the rest fo the family were in the sitting room and nearly hit by the stay bullets

Care to point out what in the video is manipulative?

It reminds me of Fox News editorial segments, it's not enough to present the facts, the presenter must carefully guide you through its interpretation through emotive digressions.

I'm honestly surprised that I have to point this out. But I suppose nothing should surprise me these days. People just pick and side and believe everything they are told by "their side".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

You claim they are being factual. But they are not. They are literally manufacturing fake news.

Who are “they”??

mynamejeff wrote: »

Its all on video ffs ? he did certain things and the police did certain things ,

I suppose that it exposes the lie that the sister opened the door to try save her brother or that the rest fo the family were in the sitting room and nearly hit by the stay bullets

I'd prefer Armed male, attacked shop workers and threats made to unarmed and armed Gardaì shot.....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Both sides are doing that. Gentle George was a saint who “wouldn’t harm a fly” after all.
    Well according to his brother who was so afraid of him and wouldn’t come out of the house to try to get him to put down the knife. The family sought a protection order against this beautiful and harmless community worker who “was loved by everyone who knew him “.

It is quite contradictory.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,553 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

Straight hard facts? You are taking the piss. The alt right manufactured all the fake news about Machetes, previous convictions and doctored images from the UK.

Saw on twitter that the source of some of those claims was from someone on the 'left'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Parabellum9

mynamejeff wrote: »

#StopMakingExcuses

Akesh wrote: »
    The picture of the Everton fan slashed was shared by a new account and debunked by a 'left' account within a matter of seconds.

It's embarrassing the depths some people will go to.

Like banging on shutters calling people white bastards is “just venting” ya?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 285 ✭✭Hellokitty1212

Like banging on shutters calling people white bastards is “just venting” ya?

Wasn’t it more like “die you white bastards”?

Isn’t that a hate crime ?

Wasn’t it more like “die you white bastards”?

Isn’t that a hate crime ?

If it were the other way around there would be a huge investigation

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 285 ✭✭Hellokitty1212

I think we have seen that demonstrated - nothing in the way of investigation for it but an alleged letter being sent to his house and CSI Clonee are on the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭RWCNT

soso02 wrote: »
    The letter is to be analysed ? Ffs the brother was caught on camera vowing to end the life of the garda who shot George. Have they reprimanded him ?

Misinformation that snowballed from an inaccurately subtitled video. Discussed in greater detail from page 258 of this thread onwards. Not interested in further discussion, topic has been well covered from all angles. Anyone who wants to read back can.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Straight hard facts? You are taking the piss. The alt right manufactured all the fake news about Machetes, previous convictions and doctored images from the UK.

That would be in comparison with the reports of "butter" knives (whilst Ironically pointing other 'fake news")

4soh3y.jpg

and reports of no less than 12 35 plus gardai ...

4soh0a.jpg

Welcome to the usual eejitary of social media ...

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Frankie Machine

... The alt right manufactured all the fake news about Machetes, previous convictions and doctored images from the UK.

How would you know that ?

And what is your proof of that ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,599 ✭✭✭newmember2

gozunda wrote: »
    That would be in comparison with the reports of butter knives and reports of no less than 30 plus armed gardai ...

Welcome to the usual eejitary of social media ...

FYP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭olestoepoke

Never mind an investigation, in any developed country in the world those people in the shop and indeed the people of blanch would be able to call the police and ask for some kind of help from what can only be described as an angry mob. Luckily no one was seriously hurt.

RWCNT wrote: »
    Misinformation that snowballed from an inaccurately subtitled video. Discussed in greater detail from page 258 of this thread onwards. Not interested in further discussion, topic has been well covered from all angles. Anyone who wants to read back can.

Misinformation????? You are having a ****ing laugh, don’t try to refute video evidence if you expect any sort of credibility. Go back and watch his brothers speech again if you have any doubts and take your BLM glasses off this time.

Never mind an investigation, in any developed country in the world those people in the shop and indeed the people of blanch would be able to call the police and ask for some kind of help from what can only be described as an angry mob. Luckily no one was seriously hurt.

Exactly but nothing was done as racism was been shouted, this is the hilarious part from the wrong side..... But that's allowed

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Pa ElGrande

chosen1 wrote: »
    This saga is brining out the worst in Irish society so I'd be fairly confident that it is probably genuine.

. . .

The letter, seen by the Irish Examiner, contains racist and offensive language and makes reference to false accusations that circulated on social media about criminality involving the 27-year-old.

The sender said they were “glad” Mr Nkencho was dead and tells the family to get out of Clonee.

Sources close to the family said the letter had caused them “considerable added distress”.

source

The letter genuinely caused offense which was the intention of the person or persons behind the letter and the letters contents have been shared with the media. Who sent the letter and their motivation are not known to us so it is best to reserve judgement until then.

Sending a letter requires effort beyond the cheap cost of injecting false information like a twitter troll can, that person or persons must be motivated to write that letter, they must find the house address, they must buy the stamp and they must post the letter.

We do know that some people from politics and NGOs and some Nigerians have sought to capitalise on Mr Nkencho's death for the advancement of their own cause(s) and are being pilloried for this. Who has the motivation to write the letter and send it? We don't know who sent the letter, but we shall see who uses it to futher their own ends.

Net Zero means we are paying for the destruction of our economy and society in pursuit of an unachievable and pointless policy.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭malinheader

The letter genuinely caused offense which was the intention of the person or persons behind the letter and the letters contents have been shared with the media. Who sent the letter and their motivation are not known to us so it is best to reserve judgement until then.

Sending a letter requires effort beyond the cheap cost of injecting false information like a twitter troll can, that person or persons must be motivated to write that letter, they must find the house address, they must buy the stamp and they must post the letter.

We do know that some people from politics and NGOs and some Nigerians have sought to capitalise on Mr Nkencho's death for the advancement of their own cause(s) and are being pilloried for this. Who has the motivation to write the letter and send it? We don't know who sent the letter, but we shall see who uses it to futher their own ends.

They were looking to move home to a different location if I remember right.
    This letter will help there application for relocation I would say.

Of course they got a letter, I mean the say his name **** didn’t work when people found out what he did. The BLM pitch didn’t work when people found out what was behind it. The brothers pitch definitely didn’t work in any shape or form apart from making him sound like a colossal ****ing bellend. So now the family receive a “letter” full of abuse so the likes of Clare Daly et all can fire up the rage engines again. Transparent **** is transparent, don’t insult our intelligence.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭RWCNT

Misinformation????? You are having a ****ing laugh, don’t try to refute video evidence if you expect any sort of credibility. Go back and watch his brothers speech again if you have any doubts and take your BLM glasses off this time.

:rolleyes: No glasses. You need to give it a rewatch, but maybe worth taking off the McGurk effect earmuffs.

Like I say, already discussed in detail. This exchange can only be a re-hash of what took place from Page 258 of this thread and the few pages after it, read back if you want.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

that your version of what was said

I disagree , he threatened the life of a garda .

he should have been arrested however I have little faith that justice will be done in that regard.

there are also believe it or not that claim, after watching the video of him swinging a large kitchen knife around that it was a butter knife .

agendas are more important to some that the truth

:rolleyes:

Like I say, already discussed in detail. This exchange can only be a re-hash of what took place from Page 258 of this thread and the few pages after it, read back if you want.

I’m not going to re-read anything, I’ve seen the video and I’ve heard EXACTLY what he said. #stopmakingexcuses

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,553 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

I’m not going to re-read anything, I’ve seen the video and I’ve heard EXACTLY what he said. #stopmakingexcuses

I heard what he said, and it didnt match the subtitles put to it...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement