Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

George Nkencho shooting *Mod warning Added to OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭RWCNT

Sorry lads, I did say I wasn't interested in rehashing the same conversation that was had nearly 200 pages ago.

As you were.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

mynamejeff wrote: »
    that your version of what was said

I disagree , he threatened the life of a garda .

he should have been arrested however I have little faith that justice will be done in that regard.

there are also believe it or not that claim, after watching the video of him swinging a large kitchen knife around that it was a butter knife .

agendas are more important to some that the truth

Fully entitled to your opinion but that does not make it right, nor does mine as we will get more information when investigation is done ...

But and it's a very big BUT the evidence is overwhelming against him and he attacked a member of the public, threatened others, threatened in armed officer and then armed ones....

He would have most likely killed the unarmed ones and at the very least seriously hurt them that would be best case in the circumstances that unfolded.

What would you do if he attacked you?
    What would you do if he pulled the knife on you which was much much bigger and sharper then a butter knife....
    What would you do if it was your family or a child he attacked in your presence?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Parabellum9

I heard what he said, and it didnt match the subtitles put to it...

“The fed that shot him yeah? I want him terminated...want his contract terminated” “And when we find him yeah......” *crowd cheering* What part exactly did you need subtitles for??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭jay0109

They were looking to move home to a different location if I remember right.
    This letter will help there application for relocation I would say.

There was a Nigerian Pastor on the Claire Byrne piece they did on this earlier. He said that it was against the Nigerian culture of the family's and their beliefs to live in a house where a family member died like this so they would need to get a new house!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

RWCNT wrote: »
    Sorry lads, I did say I wasn't interested in rehashing the same conversation that was had nearly 200 pages ago.

As you were.

same sort of Sh1T that pushed the hands up don't shoot narrative with Mike brown long after proof from non involved witnesses ballistics and science proved the lie . but some people shouted "racism" so loud that they couldn't back down

• Advertisement

They were looking to move home to a different location if I remember right.
    This letter will help there application for relocation I would say.

Hopefully they'll be moved next door to Ruth Coppinger or John Burchael or Brid Smith.

jay0109 wrote: »
    There was a Nigerian Pastor on the Claire Byrne piece they did on this earlier. He said that it was against the Nigerian culture of the family's and their beliefs to live in a house where a family member died like this so they would need to get a new house!

Are they in social housing? To be honest, I couldn't blame them for wanting to move. Imagine your son was shot to death in your front garden.

same sort of Sh1T that pushed the hands up don't shoot narrative with Mike brown long after proof from non involved witnesses ballistics and science proved the lie . but some people shouted "racism" so loud that they couldn't back down

I haven't shouted racism at anyone and that's a tenuous comparison at best. Unless you come back with something very impressive this is my last reply on this for the time being, I can't be bothered dealing with someone that converses like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭malinheader

And likely if they don't get a new home it will be seen as not accepting their culture and traditions. Unbelievable

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Are they in social housing? To be honest, I couldn't blame them for wanting to move. Imagine your son was shot to death in your front garden.

Most of us wouldn't have a choice, what makes them different?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

Just sent off a very long email just now.

What a vile human being she is.

Me too.

A few people have asked for my copy as a template. Was happy to oblige.

thet could move to that other address in the UK that george was banned from

should be safe enough now

• Registered Users Posts: 8,553 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

“The fed that shot him yeah? I want him terminated...want his contract terminated” “And when we find him yeah......” *crowd cheering* What part exactly did you need subtitles for??
    just said it didnt match, there was no 'dead' in there

https://mobile.twitter.com/TomEgan2020/status/1345074460509032450

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

As you were.

As you may be aware already - there have been independent media reports on the video in question and that the "Gardaí are aware of threats being made at a recent rally against the officer who shot dead George Nkencho and are to seek to speak to the man who made the comments"

Denying that is a bit odd no?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

just said it didnt match, there was no 'dead' in there

https://mobile.twitter.com/TomEgan2020/status/1345074460509032450

“When we find him.........yeah?”

You think he wants to have a coffee with him? The fact he’s even looking for him should have him in a Garda station explaining himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

I love the way some people here are absolutely outraged at the misinformation being bandied about.

Much more concerned with the misinformation (photo & machete), than the actual acts committed by the perpetrator.

People claiming it is "racist" to state he had a machete...yet they are not concerned with the worst fallacy of all, that this was a racially motivated attack by An Garda Siochana.

Agenda's make people blind to reality.

I love the way some people here are absolutely outraged at the misinformation being bandied about.

Much more concerned with the misinformation (photo & machete), than the actual acts committed by the perpetrator.

People claiming it is "racist" to state he had a machete...yet they are not concerned with the worst fallacy of all, that this was a racially motivated attack by An Garda Siochana.

Agenda's make people blind to reality.

Nailed it!!!
    Pity they weren't as also as concerned about the staff in Spar and the residents trapped inside and racially abused .

But dare someone say anything bad about George.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,747 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

The good doctor?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 568 ✭✭✭NewMan1982

Why isn’t the attack of the shop manager being called racist?

gozunda wrote: »
    As you may be aware already - there have been independent media reports on the video in question and that the "Gardaí are aware of threats being made at a recent rally against the officer who shot dead George Nkencho and are to seek to speak to the man who made the comments"

Denying that is a bit odd no?

I remember you fondly from the early days of this thread and you being nice enough to engage me in a semantic little waltz (my favourite) about hate speech - so, you, I'll reply to. I'm fully retired from this bit of the topic now, I've said it all before. It's the ironclad wording that he "vowed to take the life of a guard" I object to. See my previous posts for my detailed thoughts on it. Have a good one.

• Advertisement

I haven't shouted racism at anyone and that's a tenuous comparison at best. Unless you come back with something very impressive this is my last reply on this for the time being, I can't be bothered dealing with someone that converses like this.

Again your opinion trumps facts
    its and ideal comparison in fact

people leaping to shout racist before knowing any never mind all the facts ,

the fact that you don't like being called out on it says a lot as does running away

Most of us wouldn't have a choice, what makes them different?

I would say the same of any family in this position, regardless of their ethnicity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Parabellum9

I remember you fondly from the early days of this thread and you being nice enough to engage me in a semantic little waltz (my favourite) about hate speech - so, you, I'll reply to. I'm fully retired from this bit of the topic now, I've said it all before. It's the ironclad wording that he "vowed to take the life of a guard" I object to. See my previous posts for my detailed thoughts on it. Have a good one.

“And when we find him yeah” - what then? A picnic? A couple of sandwiches and a cup of tea with an interspersed course in the Nigerian diaspora in Ireland??

• Registered Users Posts: 16,639 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

NewMan1982 wrote: »

Is there any evidence that he attacked the shop manager just because he was white?

I've seen as much evidence of that as I've seen evidence that the police shot him because he was black - absolutely none.

• Registered Users Posts: 965 ✭✭✭SnuggyBear

NewMan1982 wrote: »

And homophobic

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 285 ✭✭Hellokitty1212

osarusan wrote: »
    Is there any evidence that he attacked the shop manager just because he was white?

I've seen as much evidence of that as I've seen evidence that the police shot him because he was black - absolutely none.

Neither was racially motivated but one side is vehemently arguing that it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭Notdeco

why was the thread name changed ?

Violent criminal stopped mid crime ?

deranged lunatic prevented from hurting someone ?

Family uses tragic event to profit ?

would all be more honest and truthful that what it is

"George Nkencho shooting" suggests some ambiguity about what happened.

Its all on video ffs ? he did certain things and the police did certain things ,

I suppose that it exposes the lie that the sister opened the door to try save her brother or that the rest fo the family were in the sitting room and nearly hit by the stay bullets
    Cos everyone was reading it as... "stop, or my mom will shoot!"

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 285 ✭✭Hellokitty1212

SnuggyBear wrote: »
    And homophobic

This is just my opinion and just from personal interaction ruins and not a criticism of an entire community - but some of the vilest homophobia I have heard has come from people with an African background. Really horrible stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,790 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

osarusan wrote: »

The attack on the shop on NYE when they threatened to kill people for being white in Ireland

The reason they were there protesting was because the shop had the temerity to dial 999 when Nkencho assaulted the manager and threatened staff and customers with a knife the day before

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Durag

I often think that many of these people originally lived in London for a short time or maybe a few years and then made their way here as the bonuses are better here. That would explain the Londonish accents.

I honestly think they just watched Top Boy a few too many times and listen to UK drill and wish they were from London and have all been putting on a fake London accent for so long its the way they speak.

I had a member of the illustrious 'Irish drill scene' try to tell me that as black people they associate their culture more with London so naturally speak with those accents. Yeah, I dont think accents work that way.

We used to give people from rural Sligo who put on Sligo town accents a hard time for it. Now putting on an accent from a city in another country is seen as the norm. Between the drill lads and the American accents creeping in, Hiberno-English might not have a future.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement