Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

George Nkencho shooting *Mod warning Added to OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭RWCNT

mynamejeff wrote: »
    but you are manipulating the facts , claiming that the brother didn't say something he clearly did is manipulating the narrative and trying to down play important concrete facts.

Jeff, I'll try to make this as clear as possible to you. Your clumsy arguments and associations are of no interest to me. This site has hundreds of people with which I disagree and can enjoy spirited back and forths. You're not one of them. This isn't even just based on my interactions with you in this thread alone. You'd do well to stop seeking my attention because you're wasting your time. Feel free to take this as me running scared from your hulking intellect and rhetorical skills if that makes you feel better.
    Kraftwerk wrote: »
    Why did they want to portray it as an unjust killing though? So it will be viewed as racist. From the outset the intent of "Pro" commentators was to portray it as a racial incident. Why do they want that? Why would people who claim they want to end racism go out of their way to create and exacerbate racial issues with lies and misinformation? I understand Ebun Joseph etc who are cashing in stoking racial hatred. That's simply greed. But what about the people desperate to jump on board?

I have no idea.

wrote:
    Given the timeline its easier to under the "anti" side as a lot of it was a response to the dishonest narrative that it was a racially motivated killing. They latched onto more robust "evidence" to use to show it wasn't a racially motivated killing as the concrete facts were already being ignored by the people crying racism who had invented their own version of events.

Thats a pretty good explanation, makes sense. Thanks for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,789 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Effects wrote: »
    The first officer didn't seem to hit her when she shot. The second officer took her down fairly fast though.

This video is further proof that it's not realistic to shoot someone in the hand/leg to disarm them. Those kind of shots only happen in the movies.

There's a few reasons for this.

1. In a tense situation your heart is beating fast. This leads to shakes. This leads to difficulty aiming. Hard to hit a small target when you are shaking. I do target shooting as a hobby and if I have to rush to make it to the firing line for a competition, that's me busted. I'd hit fcukall because my heart rate would be up. And that's only a poxy amateur competition, not a situation where my life is on the line.

2. The target is moving. That also makes it unrealistic to hit the hand/shoulder/leg.

3. The trigger on my target pistol is set at 2lbs. Typically the cops have guns that are set in excess of 10lbs. This is to prevent accidental discharge. The downside of this is that they have to put more effort into pulling the trigger which means they are more likely to pull their shot to the left or right (depending on whether they are left handed or right handed).

Unfortunately cops/Gardai have to aim for centre mass to ensure that the threat is neutralised. Unfortunately that means that the thread is often killed in the process.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Delia2021

this isn't some drunk ass hole shouting at a passing patrol car ,

this is some one clearly identifying a specific person and demanding their death while speaking to a gathered crowd.

threats to kill is not a minor crime and in this instance a strong clear and unmistakable response would make that obvious to all

I guess in this case it’s an emotive response from his brother who is grieving. We are all human it doesn’t excuse what he said at all but we need to consider the emotions around this. I don’t think George woke up last week planning all this it all got out of hand obviously

• Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭Green Peter

So just wanted to post this as US cops have body cams and you can see how scary it is to have someone come at you with a knife, the suspect clearly has problems but she is shot a number of times and still a threat.
    Mods can remove if they don't think it's suitable, I just think it should show what police have to face and the split second decisions they need to make when faced with suspects with knifes.

Clearly they should have shot the weapon out of her hand and if she kept coming a shot in the toe would have ended things. It's a butter knife again.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

this is some one clearly identifying a specific person and demanding their death while speaking to a gathered crowd.

threats to kill is not a minor crime and in this instance a strong clear and unmistakable response would make that obvious to all

I think you don't understand the situations that a lot of Gardai face in a lot of areas.

I also don't think you understand how the Gardai are dealing with the threat from George's brother, or the weight of seriousness they believe it carried.
    do you think no action should be taken ?

again f the threats were against you or your family member would you feel the same ?

I believe they've taken the action they believe to be appropriate.

And if the threats were against me, and my family, I'd feel they were fairly baseless threats.

• Advertisement

I think you don't understand the situations that a lot of Gardai face in a lot of areas.

I also don't think you understand how the Gardai are dealing with the threat from George's brother, or the weight of seriousness they believe it carried.

And if the threats were against me, and my family, I'd feel they were fairly baseless threats.

Do you think this because for some reason they feel they are not listened to or what is it? Maybe if it’s of help to say we are all Irish we should just sit down and chat It all out like we used to with a cuppa tea or something stronger - difficult in covid times I know - but maybe that’s where we should all start??

Kraftwerk wrote: »
    Why did they want to portray it as an unjust killing though?

Possibly because they saw it as a situation where a man with mental health issues had a serious episode, had injured members of the public, and would have injured or killed other people had he not been stopped. They just would have preferred an outcome where no one died, and felt that was possible.
    It just didn't turn out that way in this instance.

We are lucky to live in a country where police killings are very rare, and we have a higher value on life than some other countries.

Delia2021 wrote: »
    Do you think this because for some reason they feel they are not listened to or what is it?

Yeah, they aren't listened to. They also don't want to participate in society the same way the majority to people do. They have parents that are bad parents. They have an entitlement culture that they've been raised on that's been going on for generations.

Possibly because they saw it as a situation where a man with mental health issues had a serious episode, had injured members of the public, and would have injured or killed other people had he not been stopped. They just would have preferred an outcome where no one died, and felt that was possible.

We are lucky to live in a country where police killings are very rare, and we have a higher value on life than some other countries.

It looks like this is what happened and it was not a race issue but unfortunately there maybe mental health issues. A bit of understanding on both sides to understand this but hopefully some good in terms of mental health awareness will help the family in that George’s death will help this . Also for the Eurospar manager that suffered an alleged attack and all the Gardaí involved my thoughts are with yee too!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

It's not about preferring the outcome with no fatality. The whole controversy started when it was claimed that the man was only shot dead because he was black.

It was all about if he were white they would have found a way to not shoot him.

• Advertisement

Yeah, they aren't listened to. They also don't want to participate in society the same way the majority to people do. They have parents that are bad parents. They have an entitlement culture that they've been raised on that's been going on for generations.

Yeah but maybe we start on the basis we are Irish not any races and we don’t allow our politicians to take advantage. if we all got chatting we’d get rid of any frustrations because we are all v social so let’s break down barriers. Isn’t there Nigerian Guinness?

Yeah but maybe we start on the basis we are Irish not any races and we don’t allow our politicians to take advantage. if we all got chatting we’d get rid of any frustrations because we are all v social so let’s break down barriers. Isn’t there Nigerian Guinness?
    maybe instead of protests we have social distanced pints or tea or coffee?

maybe instead of protest we have social distanced pints or tea or coffee?

This thread was the last place I expected to find wholesome content, but there it is.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

RWCNT wrote: »
    Jeff, I'll try to make this as clear as possible to you. Your clumsy arguments and associations are of no interest to me. This site has hundreds of people with which I disagree and can enjoy spirited back and forths. You're not one of them. This isn't even just based on my interactions with you in this thread alone. You'd do well to stop seeking my attention because you're wasting your time. Feel free to take this as me running scared from your hulking intellect and rhetorical skills if that makes you feel better.

I have no idea.

Thats a pretty good explanation, makes sense. Thanks for that.

so rather than make a intelligent effort at discussing the matter you make a no point and ignore the topic

your sole contribution thus far has been to claim beyond all logic evidence and proof that a video of direct threats to someone's life didn't happen ?

fair enough some people will always call a apple a orange just to try to provoke a response

This thread was the last place I expected to find wholesome content, but there it is.

Hopefully for all concerned we come together stronger out of this- I think someone within the community should organise a socially distanced tea coffee chat Guinness whatever because everyone has a story to tell that’s why we are all Irish not about race

I can assure you that you are wrong in your first tow statements

im sure Helen McEntee and drew harris aren't worried about the threats but the garda who have to go out and police blanch today might have a different view

do you remember the Lusk post office robbery that resulted in two robbers getting shot, ? as a result of a threat from the family's a motorbike garda was shot with a shot gun in east wall . only saved because of the distance from the gun and the bike leathers

but don't worry im sure you ll be fine

I wasn't referring to race at all in my post.

I wasn't referring to race at all in my post.

Sorry did I mea cupla 🙈 in any case we shouldn’t allow politicians to take advantage here either stoking up racial tensions or imagine us all getting along the last thing they want

quote="mynamejeff;115824136"]so rather than make a intelligent effort at discussing the matter you make a no point and ignore the topic

your sole contribution thus far has been to claim beyond all logic evidence and proof that a video of direct threats to someone's life didn't happen ?

fair enough some people will always call a apple a orange just to try to provoke a response[/quote]

We've already discussed it. Our points have been made, documented on the thread and there's now nothing left to say. I have better things to do than to repeat my points over and over again for eternity, as do you I'm sure. I don't care about your assessment of my work in this thread or your musings on literally anything else for that matter. The standard of discussion I get from you doesn't meet my threshold as a justifiable use of energy. I'm finished engaging with you. Talk to someone else instead. Now get your last word in as I know you're so fond of, and we can call it done then move on with our respective days.

And then you realize this is what the left wanted all long - they thrive on it. Creating divisions. They don’t want us to all get along instead then because if we did they they’d have no political will. So They released these black videos against Irish folk deliberately to stoke racial tensions more. Then the left asked us not to share them knowing this would create more controversy and stoke up more racial tensions - we fell for it but no more we need to stand together as Irish people (no one cares if you are white, black, yellow or blue etc) on mental health, on social issues etc

• Advertisement

quote="mynamejeff;115824136"]so rather than make a intelligent effort at discussing the matter you make a no point and ignore the topic

fair enough some people will always call a apple a orange just to try to provoke a response

We've already discussed it. Our points have been made, documented on the thread and there's now nothing left to say. I have better things to do than to repeat my points over and over again for eternity, as do you I'm sure. I don't care about your assessment of my work in this thread or your musings on literally anything else for that matter. The standard of discussion I get from you doesn't meet my threshold as a justifiable use of energy. I'm finished engaging with you. Talk to someone else instead. Now get your last word in as I know you're so fond of, and we can call it done then move on with our respective days.[/QUOTE]

so still nothing to offer on the topic ? 3rd or 4th time you've been called on this now

almost like you don't or cant find a angle to push in this case

right o
    anyway hands up don't shoot eh :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,790 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

He was reacting to his brother being killed in front of the family house. He was stupid about it. He's been pretty silent since then though.

I would imagine the solicitor is telling them how to behave to ensure saint George of the lovely family is the narrative

it's a murder investigation. There's a lot of statements, video and forensic evidence.

Then add in that gsoc are horrible slow.

Its not a murder investigation

And then you realize this is what the left wanted all long - they thrive on it. Creating divisions. They don’t want us to all get along instead then because if we did they they’d have no political will. So They released these black videos against Irish folk deliberately to stoke racial tensions more. Then the left asked us not to share them knowing this would create more controversy and stoke up more racial tensions - we fell for it but no more we need to stand together as Irish people (no one cares if you are white, black, yellow or blue etc) on mental health, on social issues etc

What do you mean by "black videos against Irish folk"?

Burkie1203 wrote: »
    Its not a murder investigation

Attempted murder maybe twice?

What do you mean by "black videos against Irish folk"?

You haven’t seen them?????

You haven’t seen them?????

I might have but I'm just not sure which videos you mean from your description.

I might have but I'm just not sure which videos you mean from your description.

Oh pray tell sounds like you have seen quite a few videos.................

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

On the GoFundMe campaign - the description for how the money will be used is not that detailed but it’s up to people if they want to donate or not. If they decide to donate after reading the description provided, I don’t have much problem with that.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement