Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

George Nkencho shooting *Mod warning Added to OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭AngeloArgue

Holy hell!!!

Why didn't the occupants of the house do something to stop her?:rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

So just wanted to post this as US cops have body cams and you can see how scary it is to have someone come at you with a knife, the suspect clearly has problems but she is shot a number of times and still a threat.
    Mods can remove if they don't think it's suitable, I just think it should show what police have to face and the split second decisions they need to make when faced with suspects with knifes.

What use would a social worker be there, eh, Brid Smith ?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Why didn't the occupants of the house do something to stop her?:rolleyes:

Why didn't the cop kick the knife out of her hand or rugby tackled her to the ground?!?!?!!?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭celt262

Why didn't the cop kick the knife out of her hand or rugby tackled her to the ground?!?!?!!?

Yeah sure it's only a butter knife.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Kivaro wrote: »
    Maybe the alt/far right hacked her account. That is one of the excuses I've heard on here for their faux pas microaggressions.

FYP as faux-pas never occur now only microaggressions according to the righteous :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

Passed by Blach Garda station this morning .....must have been a couple dozen kneeling outside giving what like like the black power salute..................how many days has it been? you'd think he'd be resurrected by now

sonofenoch wrote: »
    Passed by Blach Garda station this morning .....must have been a couple dozen kneeling outside giving what like like the black power salute..................how many days has it been? you'd think he'd be resurrected by now

And off they'll go more than likely into local shops like Eurospar after being part of a large gathering during the worst stage of this bloody pandemic so far.
    That applies to all large/largish gatherings.

For anyone who didnt read the Gript article in full Vicky Conway is a former member of the Policing Authority.

We can all see how disingenuous spin works, no need for the perfect example above.

Machete/butter knife, former/active...

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭DelaneyIn

The logic of Black Lives Matter is that you should forget what a Black criminal did three days ago while remembering what your ancestors are supposed to have done three centuries ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭spring lane jack

Black people who have dreads braids etc are constantly harassed for Cannabis by the Guards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,530 ✭✭✭This is it

Holy hell!!!

Shoot for an arm or leg they say. 30 seconds in and you can see how that's a terrible idea. Christ almighty

DelaneyIn wrote: »
    The logic of Black Lives Matter is that you should forget what a Black criminal did three days ago while remembering what your ancestors are supposed to have done three centuries ago.

Video of marchers in Minnesotta at the weekend, Somalian refugee shot and killed by cops after opening up with shots at them first from inside his vehicle .......liberals get your 'no justice no peace' banners out, they actually raised the Somalian flag to him outside public offices :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,190 ✭✭✭Be right back

Holy hell!!!

It's a different scenario but the footage of the Swedish sisters on an English motorway is eye-opening too. Think it's on YouTube.

It's a different scenario but the footage of the Swedish sisters on an English motorway is eye-opening too. Think it's on YouTube.

There was a documentary on Ch4 about that, bizarre tale ........1 twin was a nutter and the other twin took on her nuttiness for a spell then went back to normal life ...........the crazy one actually lived over here with a family if I recall correctly

• Registered Users Posts: 6,190 ✭✭✭Be right back

sonofenoch wrote: »
    There was a documentary on Ch4 about that, bizarre tale ........1 twin was a nutter and the other twin took on her nuttiness for a spell then went back to normal life ...........the crazy one actually lived over here with a family if I recall correctly

I think she lived in Mallow?

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Gothic Insanity

I feel like while this is slightly off topic it should be shared around.... Mainly on twitter....

I actually really love these guys and they make good points

https://youtu.be/ZJHLiGoPumM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Think that was a case of ‘folie a duex’. A fascinating, but scary phenomenon, where only one of the sisters was mentally unwell, but from spending too much time together the other person mirrors the unwell persons reactions.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

I feel like while this is slightly off topic it should be shared around.... Mainly on twitter....

I actually really love these guys and they make good points

https://youtu.be/ZJHLiGoPumM

Someone needs to send that to ebun. Though somehow I reckon she doesn't get humour or anyone else's pov other than her own warped view of the universe tbh ...

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Gothic Insanity

gozunda wrote: »
    Someone needs to send that to ebun. Though somehow I reckon she doesn't get humour or anyone else's poc other than her own warped view of the universe tbh ...

It's sad, I've seen black people literally verbally attack other black people online for the same views.

They even use really bad terms that are considered racist if a white person were to use them.... I don't get it how they could subject someone as the same race as them to the very terms they know are hurtful and disgusting.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,576 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Wonder will they leave them shouting and roaring outside the cop shop and in shopping centres with the tighter restrictions announced today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,060 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Wonder will they leave them shouting and roaring outside the cop shop and in shopping centres with the tighter restrictions announced today.

Nothing was said about the BLM protests during the summer so I'd assume it's something of a hot Potato that no one wants to grasp.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Minister for justice will be out of action now anyway but honestly don't expect much of a change, well put it this way there won't be change for the better anyway....

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭AngeloArgue

Holy hell!!!

That channel "PoliceActivity" on Youtube is required viewing for anyone that wants to see the graphic reality of police use of force. It's not for the faint hearted and shows everything on bodycams.

It shows how situations can deteriorate rapidly and the forbearance displayed by officers many times while in the face of a deadly threat.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭Filmer Paradise

nullzero wrote: »
    Nothing was said about the BLM protests during the summer so I'd assume it's something of a hot Potato that no one wants to grasp.

I dunno. I'd say a lot of those that participated back then are having a bit of a rethink/reality check on the whole BLM agenda now.

Hopefully..

°°°°°

I dunno. I'd say a lot of those that participated back then are having a bit of a rethink/reality check on the whole BLM agenda now.

Hopefully..

You'd hope so alright.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭givyjoe

mynamejeff wrote: »
    that's a very misleading statement joey ????

she was still a member of the policing authority when she sent the tweets and only ceased to be afterwards

And then there was silence..

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

Wonder will we get a factcheck from the media on the equally daft claims that he only had a butter knife in his possession, that there were 35 gardai at the scene, that no pepper spray or tasers were deployed and that 15 "racist ass cops" shot him only because he was black and for no other reason. Oh and that he never did anything to anyone - ever.

°°°°°

givyjoe wrote: »

A pattern that seems to repeat itself for some reason.

Glazers Out!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭CtevenSrowder

givyjoe wrote: »

The usual disappearing act. We've all seen it before.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement