Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

George Nkencho shooting *Mod warning Added to OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Green Peter

Tragic situation today for all. However the person threatening other peoples lives died due to his own poor decisions. I hope all involved get over it in time, from his family, the shop staff, gardai and locals who were looking on. If this is turned into a race issue its an embarrassment for the many ethnic communities who integrate with us so well everyday and contribute greatly to this country and would not want to be associated with the mans actions. Those who try to generate hate and racism out of it are really exposing themselves for who they really are and what they really offer society.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭CinemaGuy45

.anon. wrote: »
    Sorry, I just thought I'd let you know, on the off-chance that you might not have wanted to associate yourself with a racist agenda.

As opposed to being associated with a loon like this I suppose you won't challenge that tweet?

https://twitter.com/RuthCoppingerSP/status/1344344887894933505?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1344344887894933505%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 725 ✭✭✭ElJeffe

Just looked at Twitter, the support this thug is getting is actually frightening.

The guy attempted to murder a Garda with a knife ffs. What is wrong with people.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭kildare lad

I love the hashtag. It's great if people will be able to take the day off work for it!! Not a criminal? What makes someone a criminal in their eyes? GBH isn't enough of a crime.

Law abiding policemen - scum , racists , murderers

Black criminals - hero's, victims , martyrs

• Registered Users Posts: 7,457 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

ElJeffe wrote: »
    Just looked at Twitter, the support this thug is getting is actually frightening.

The guy attempted to murder a Garda with a knife ffs. What is wrong with people.

A look into the future of this country.

Zero personal responsibility anymore.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

statesaver wrote: »

Math genius?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,857 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Sorry, I just thought I'd let you know, on the off-chance that you might not have wanted to associate yourself with a racist agenda.

They are not nice people, yet your lot are really off the deep end here.

You care at all about the security guard hospitalized. Do you even know such people exist,or care?

Don't forget about the poor shop manger with a broken nose and teeth.

Anybody breaking the lockdown to protest for this scumbag should face the full force of the law.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭.anon.

Not interested in whataboutery. If you want to not come across as a racist, then posting links to tweets from racists is not a good way of going about it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

Tragic situation today for all. However the person threatening other peoples lives died due to his own poor decisions. I hope all involved get over it in time, from his family, the shop staff, gardai and locals who were looking on. If this is turned into a race issue its an embarrassment for the many ethnic communities who integrate with us so well everyday and contribute greatly to this country and would not want to be associated with the mans actions. Those who try to generate hate and racism out of it are really exposing themselves for who they really are and what they really offer society.

Too late. The Lord Major of Dublin, Edun Joseph, PBP, SF and the woke folk of twitter have already done exactly that without looking at what happened.

Just wait for the Irish Times , Sindo next Sunday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭kildare lad

A look into the future of this country.

Zero personal responsibility anymore.

You only have to look at london and see what parts of Dublin will be like in a decade or so . Multiculturalism is fantastic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭BryanMartin21

All these petitions and outrage are within a certain cohort. Forget about it, tomorrow it will be something else.

These people trying to get a rise and can go the F off now. It is not how most people react.

I really hope the media don't start trying to make this into a race thing and about BLM causes because it is so clear this issue has absolutely nothing to do with race. Gardai shootings are so rare in Ireland.

Gatling wrote: »
    There is better ways

Absolutely!

Aromatherapy would have calmed down the situation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

After spending a bit of time looking at Twitter I got a bit of an eye opener into how many Africans in Ireland pretty much hate white people.

I also learned from one African lady that Irish monks travelled Africa killing people because they wouldn't convert to Christianity!

Twitter is bad

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

If you wave a knife about in public may you be black, white, yellow or purple, things arent going to go your way,

• Registered Users Posts: 5,226 ✭✭✭Padre_Pio

Woah woah "Brandishing a knife, but not armed otherwise"

What does that mean?
    You're either armed, or unarmed.

https://twitter.com/RuthCoppingerSP/status/1344344887894933505?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1344344887894933505%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=

EDIT: Someone posted below "I suppose the victim is dead but alive otherwise"

I shouldn't laugh but..

Not interested in whataboutery. If you want to not come across as a racist, then posting links to tweets from racists is not a good way of going about it.

What do you think about the violent thug attacking the Spar manager and pulling a knife on staff.

What do you think about the scumbag trying to stab a Guard with said knife?

I think the Guards can hold their heads high today an outstanding days work.

Do you support the Guards in the impossible situation they had to deal with?

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭fantaiscool

Good post. It is a situation that will be used by both sides unfortunately. Both sides will goad the other.

From what I've read, the guy robbed a shop and then threatened the guards with a knife. He got exactly what he deserved if that's the case and if you look through my post history I am not some alt right moron. Quite the opposite in fact. The reason I don't mind the shooting in that case is because a knife can cause a lot of harm if thrown at someone. You don't necessarily need to get close enough to stab them. A hard throw and it could be lethal.

What usually happens in these cases is the far right racists go too far in their response and display outright racism which alienates people to them even further. They can't help themselves and will do the same here.

• Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭Mr_Muffin

Just watched the videos doing the rounds on the victim waving a knife around like a mad man.

Totally deserved. Let it set a precedent for anyone else who thinks they can run rampant with a knife,

Good post. It is a situation that will be used by both sides unfortunately. Both sides will goad the other.

From what I've read, the guy robbed a shop and then threatened the guards with a knife. He got exactly what he deserved if that's the case and if you look through my post history I am not some alt right moron. Quite the opposite in fact. The reason I don't mind the shooting in that case is because a knife can cause a lot of harm if thrown at someone. You don't necessarily need to get close enough to stab them. A hard throw and it could be lethal.

What usually happens in these cases is the far right racists go too far in their response and display outright racism which alienates people to them even further. They can't help themselves and will do the same here.

I remember a good few years ago the Guards had to shoot a bank robber I fully supported that also.

• Advertisement

You only have to look at london and see what parts of Dublin will be like in a decade or so . Multiculturalism is fantastic

this is supposedly outside the dead blokes house.

Pity the neighbours in that estate tonight. :(

https://twitter.com/LughTwo/status/1344418544440774656

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Likes, retweets and online virtue is the prize.
    It's what about 5% of the population live for.
    Of that 5%, 1% agitate day in/day out (inc certain 'respectable' polticians) and a further 4% have various issues with their um, intelligence.
    There may be a crossover between the two groups of losers.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,972 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

People who agree with the Garda action need a voice too. That is very important. We should never be silenced by media, twitter or whatever.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭Sweetemotion

Seems, you can't help yourself either. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭joe40

I would largely agree, but I would add that I expect the shooting will be fully investigated.

The findings of that investigation will ultimately determine whether shooting was justified. Not twitter or boards.
    I'm not for one minute suggesting it was malicious, but still important that best practice is used and we learn any lessons.
    This sort of occurrence is still very rare in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

I really hope the media don't start trying to make this into a race thing and about BLM causes because it is so clear this issue has absolutely nothing to do with race. Gardai shootings are so rare in Ireland.

Big decisions to be made in RTE and the Irish Times tonight

Run with the race angle and this country changes for the worse forever

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Well it's totally gone to sh*t on Twitter, see posts about wanting revenge attacks on white people etc.

Why don't all these people just move to the good old USA and leave us alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭The Assistinator

Scum of the earth anyone who carries a knife. What’s worse anyone that uses one to inflict pain.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 725 ✭✭✭ElJeffe

Big decisions to be made in RTE and the Irish Times tonight

Run with the race angle and this country changes for the worse forever

The best thing they could do is not mention the colour of the mans skin at all, it has no relevance in this incident.

Don't give the BLM and leftist nutjobs a foothold.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

People who agree with the Garda action need a voice too. That is very important. We should never be silenced by media, twitter or whatever.

Hopefully FF FG agree.

FG, once the party of Law and Order. Can't believe I used to vote for them.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement