Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

George Nkencho shooting *Mod warning Added to OP*

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

newmember? wrote: »
    I wasn't claiming you mentioned hugs and kisses - I was mentioning it in reply to another poster where it seems if you post something that's in some way disagreeable then the point of view in question is immediately ridiculed.

You keep talking about evidence and my claim is that there is evidence but not necessarily of a threat of death. Either of us can be wrong here so I'm sure if 'the evidence' is there like you say then the matter will be dealt with.

you are denying very clear video evidence of what he said . what reaction were you expecting ? agreement ?

the problem is that it likely wont be dealt with because of the colour the person making the threats

• Registered Users Posts: 2,599 ✭✭✭newmember2

mynamejeff wrote: »
    you are denying very clear video evidence of what he said . what reaction were you expecting ? agreement ?

the problem is that it likely wont be dealt with because of the colour the person making the threats

How am I denying what he said - I more or less quoted him verbatim a few posts back. You want to interpret what he said as a death threat, what I'm saying is it could easily be defended as at no point does he say he wants the Garda dead. Could be seen as inciting violence/harm at the most. If you continue not to be able to see this then sure what's the point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

grassylawn wrote: »
    This sounds very made-up.
    Pray tell, why do you say that?
    Did you not you see the posted video of the protestors "manifesto"?
    Or was it a conspiracy of the far-right in Ireland in blackface pretending to be the protestors?
    Enlighten us with a substantiation of your comment.

• Registered Users Posts: 52,007 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

To any 'fair-minded' person there is no clear death threat there, that's the point I'm making. To start going on about hugs and kisses is just ridiculous, he was stirring it, there's no doubt about that, but this could easily be defended by claiming he was disturbed/emotional/in shock/not himself/just had his brother killed when he said what he said.

And the fact that he was afraid of his life to come out of the house on the day in question. Not the bravest that lad.

mynamejeff wrote: »
    the dpp frequently give verbal direction in serious cases especially when some one is in custody .

grounds for objection
    clear video evidence of the offence (strong evidence against offender)
    seriousness of offence (threat to life)
    likeness to flee roots in community (family seem to have address in UK and Nigeria at the very least)
    Any previous history he may have might be relevant also

again as I have already said I believe that it would be in the public interest to make it clear that threats to kill members of AGS results in clear and swift justice untainted by media or political interference

Frequently? I dunno where you're stationed but that's not my experience.

The guy grew up in Ireland, has no previous, is very unlikely to interfere with the victim or witnesses and if cctv was enough to deny bail, shoplifters would be in custody.

The offence carries the same maximum as theft on indictment. This isn't even going to the circuit court. The victim wasn't even present when the threat was made by a person with limited ability to carry it out.

How many times in the past year has a gouger threatened you to your face? How many are ever even charged?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭grassylawn

Kivaro wrote: »
    Pray tell, why do you say that?
    Did you not you see the posted video of the protestors "manifesto"?
    Or was it a conspiracy of the far-right in Ireland in blackface pretending to be the protestors?
    Enlighten us with a substantiation of your comment.
    Google news search shows nothing like that.
    Where's the "manifesto" vid? Searching the thread for manifesto didn't find it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,060 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

How am I denying what he said - I more or less quoted him verbatim a few posts back. You want to interpret what he said as a death threat, what I'm saying is it could easily be defended as at no point does he say he wants the Garda dead. Could be seen as inciting violence/harm at the most. If you continue not to be able to see this then sure what's the point.

The statement made by the brother wasn't made to calm the situation down or improve it in any way. It was inflammatory, end of story.

The people who allowed him take that microphone on his hand and didn't have the cop on to know it was a bad move need to have a long hard look in the mirror.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,060 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

There has been links posted here to a number of groups, one in particular showing a man talking about the need for African immigrants to be given land by the state and some other guff.

Another group of note is Merj who have an unusual manifesto for want of a better term.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,599 ✭✭✭newmember2

nullzero wrote: »
    The problem with that is that it can easily be seen for what it is; an ill advised, I'll timed rant that was ambiguous enough to allow for interpretation in any number of ways.
    The man shouldn't have been allowed near a microphone to begin with.

Just to clarify, I'm not agreeing with you.

That's OK...I'm agreeing with you :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 56,213 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Primetime discussing the killing tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82,784 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

RTE Prime Time covering the killing shooting tonight.

RTE Prime Time covering the killing tonight.
    Wonder if Prime Time will ask questions on why innocent white people were racially abused and terrorised by the Nkencho protestors in Blanchardstown following the incident, and what was the purpose of the protestors marching to the scene where the manager of Eurospar was brutally assaulted by George Nkencho?
    What ye reckon? Will Prime Time ask these questions?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

Frequently? I dunno where you're stationed but that's not my experience.

The guy grew up in Ireland, has no previous, is very unlikely to interfere with the victim or witnesses and if cctv was enough to deny bail, shoplifters would be in custody.

The offence carries the same maximum as theft on indictment. This isn't even going to the circuit court. The victim wasn't even present when the threat was made by a person with limited ability to carry it out.

How many times in the past year has a gouger threatened you to your face? How many are ever even charged?

this is a hugely high profile event and deserving of due attention ,

He doesn't have contact in the UK or Nigeria ? shoplifters ? hardly the same thing as a direct threat to a specific person

your experiences are your own I have no idea what they are but

http://www.irishstatutebook.ie/eli/1997/act/26/section/5/enacted/en/html

the offence carries 10 years , theft usually carry's 5, depending on the amount

You think the victim isn't aware of the threats ? All some one needs is information (which he looked for in the video ) and a blade to carry them out , look how close George got in a random event .
    did you see the pics of the wrong garda being circulated ? if he got hurt because of it would the threat be more realistic for you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 472 ✭✭Kraftwerk

Wonder if Prime Time will ask questions on why innocent white people were racially abused and terrorised by the Nkencho protestors in Blanchardstown following the incident, and what was the purpose of the protestors marching to the scene where the manager of Eurospar was brutally assaulted by George Nkencho?

I'm guessing there will be a sympathetic politician talking about how it's tough on everyone particularly the family and community and events will be investigated in due course. And one of the many career whingebags talking about how minorities are being persecuted and someone needs to be held to account.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

They are talking to the family....sooooo it will be a 1 sided affair.

GaRdz r BaD

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭grassylawn

nullzero wrote: »
    There has been links posted here to a number of groups, one in particular showing a man talking about the need for African immigrants to be given land by the state and some other guff.

Another group of note is Merj who have an unusual manifesto for want of a better term.
    How so? Their site is a bit waffly. What I read is that they were immigrant pro-choice campaigners who decided they wouldn't be a single-issue group following the successful abortion referendum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭CrazyFather1

No. It will be a sob story about a wonderful person riddled with bullets as he walked home

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 285 ✭✭Hellokitty1212

walshb wrote: »
    Primetime discussing the killing tonight.

Just starting to watch that. If that **** Joseph is on I’m stopping my license fee.

Oh “we’ll talk to the family” - this is not going to balanced or fair is it ??

Just starting to watch that. If that **** Joseph is on I’m stopping my license fee.

Oh “we’ll talk to the family” - this is not going to balanced or fair is it ??
    Balanced? RTE?
    They will do Ebun Joseph's job tonight I'd imagine, and will determine our whole country to be racist.
    That will be €160, thank you.

Balanced? RTE?
    They will do Ebun Joseph's job tonight I'd imagine, and will determine our whole country to be racist.
    That will be €160, thank you.

Sad but I believe you are right.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,085 ✭✭✭Jeff2

In all due respect it wasn't a killing.

If he shouted allahu akbar it would read..hero garai prevents terror attack....an attack is an attack is an attack, on the gardai.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,784 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Jeff2 wrote: »
    In all due respect it wasn't a killing.
    Have updated, RTE referred to it as a "killing".

I am guessing seeing as it's going to get an entire 5 minutes not much whatsover will be discovered that's not already in the public domain.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

How so? Their site is a bit waffly. What I read is that they were immigrant pro-choice campaigners who decided they wouldn't be a single-issue group following the successful abortion referendum.

So instead of dissolving after the referendum success they are now getting taxpayers money to do what ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Rodin

I doubt RTE/Prime Time will be open, honest and completely objective in examining this death.

The gardai had exhausted all other safe options and did the right thing IMO.

Have updated, RTE referred to it as a "killing".

I am guessing seeing as it's going to get an entire 5 minutes not much whatsover will be discovered that's not already in the public domain.

My gut feeling is it’s a puff piece only.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Pa ElGrande

Should be around https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=115794104#post115794104 here in thread.

Net Zero means we are paying for the destruction of our economy and society in pursuit of an unachievable and pointless policy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭CrazyFather1

The one on Primetime is a joke anyway so far....first time I have seen her and she is f**king useless

Rte are running it as they will be called racist for ignoring the unlawfull death of a guy who wouldnt hurt a fly and smiled at everyone..they are only covering themselves end of story.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

ACAB / white Irish bad will be the overall theme of the Prime Time programme.

African unemployment is because white business owners are racist.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement