Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

George Nkencho shooting *Mod warning Added to OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,927 ✭✭✭enricoh

The sad music and the lingering shots of the floral tributes.

RTE have no clue.

What are the odds tubs will have the family on the late late! Well, maybe not the brother!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭jay0109

The sad music and the lingering shots of the floral tributes.

RTE have no clue.

Oh they have a clue alright, they know exactly what they're at

bubblypop wrote: »
    I thought it was grand, just a short piece about it.
    Nothing too controversial

Only if one wants to be coddled in bubble wrap. We heard nothing from any of George's victims for balance. Shameful bias.

• Registered Users Posts: 965 ✭✭✭SnuggyBear

Maybe I missed it but did they even mention George trying to stab the gardai?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 472 ✭✭Kraftwerk

SnuggyBear wrote: »

Just thinking the same thing. Focused on the family supposedly being behind the door, gardai being in the garden etc but don't recall a mention of the fact he was shot for attacking the Gardai.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 285 ✭✭Hellokitty1212

Oh my no! That would not suit the “narrative” at all.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

I thought it was grand, just a short piece about it.
    Nothing too controversial

Nothing at all, just a man out walking his knife and gets shot by Gardaí.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Pa ElGrande

From what you guys are describing it sounds like low budget time filler. The research has already been done online (low cost of production), so just a case of getting some stock footage and rounding up some of the media talking heads from the week to repeat "the narrative".

Net Zero means we are paying for the destruction of our economy and society in pursuit of an unachievable and pointless policy.

• Registered Users Posts: 56,208 ✭✭✭✭walshb

God no...

George wouldn’t have hurt a fly

• Registered Users Posts: 17,060 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

enricoh wrote: »
    What are the odds tubs will have the family on the late late! Well, maybe not the brother!

Tubs will get his hair in corn rows for the occasion and will refer to the brother as "blud" and "fam" and punctuate every sentence with "innit".

Glazers Out!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

jay0109 wrote: »
    "It is now believed that George was in the middle of a mental health crisis at that moment"

Absolute abhorrent lies. Its very clear RTE has turned its back on the irish people to feed into this stupid multicultural agenda, an absolute disgrace

• Registered Users Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭touts

I'm sure they will argue that to mention his alledged actions (stabbing a shop assistant), attacking unarmed Gardai etc) would be premature until after an investigation has happened.

Anyway they were far too busy telling us in detail how the racist Gardai ganged up on him and shot him in cold blood.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

Didnt watch it because as I had a feeling it would be 1 sided.

If anyone thinks it was a shambles and in contravention of the below, feel free to use the Feedback email. While it was not a "news broadcast", im sure it was against Sec 39(1)(a).

feedback@rte.ie

"If you wish to make a formal complaint about a broadcast please read the following sections carefully as they set out how to use this process.

RTÉ is obliged under Section 39 (1) of the Broadcasting Act 2009 to ensure that:

(a) all news broadcast is reported and presented in an objective and impartial manner and without any expression of the broadcaster’s own views."

Oh look here coincidentally here comes his two man white legal team..ya see we are not racist and these guys will get you well compensated for all the horrible wrong doing....should those ambulance chasers not be in the spar with the actual victim who should sue the state for ignoring such a desperately ill and deranged poor man...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭fluke

Absolute abhorrent lies. Its very clear RTE has turned its back on the irish people to feed into this stupid multicultural agenda, an absolute disgrace

RTE are so biased on this. They're making a martyr out of him.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,032 ✭✭✭ParkRunner

Am I right in saying the sister called the knife his protector or did I misunderstand that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Haraldkare

CH3OH wrote: »
    Was there even a mention of the victim ?

(The guy in the supermarket )

Has that ever been proven? It is supposedly a fabrication.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,156 ✭✭✭screamer

Ah sure a nice little piece of reporting to ensure the cultural diversity quotient is met ...... RTEs agenda is becoming so devisive it is doing the exact opposite of what I presume they believe they are trying to do. But remember this is the luvvies view of the world, which is far more rose tinted and idealistic than reality. Therefore I always take anything they present with a large dose of salt and scepticism.

ParkRunner wrote: »
    Am I right in saying the sister called the knife his protector or did I misunderstand that?

I severely hope you are misunderstood, thats absolutely insane if true

I’m just off a Facebook chat where I asked a pal who believes the whole story - every bit.

I asked “what kind of mental health issues did he have ? Anxiety like my wife has? Dementia like the mother in law ? autism like next door’s wee one ???”

“He was in a mental health crisis”

Few minutes of back and forward and ending in “why can’t you just accept he was ill??”

There’s no moving some people from their views, no matter how deluded.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

didnt bother watching it myself , knew what to expect

will wait for the GSOC report , its still possible the guards messed up but even they did , the carry on by Paul Murphy , Brid Smith and Hazel Chu was disgraceful in how they more or less accused AGS of racial policing ( first non white person ever killed ) , RTE gave them a complete pass as did the rest of the media

touts wrote: »
    Anyway they were far too busy telling us in detail how the racist Gardai ganged up on him and shot him in cold blood.

No they didnt.
    Don't know why he are all getting so worked up about it. It was a puff piece, nothing in it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,032 ✭✭✭ParkRunner

I severely hope you are misunderstood, thats absolutely insane if true

I’m sure she said he was carrying his protector and I understood it to mean the knife?

I’m sure she said he was carrying his protector and I understood it to mean the knife?

This makes me sick. What kind of hell hole has our country become where anyone can jusitfy a youth carrying a knife

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

No they didnt.
    Don't know why he are all getting so worked up about it. It was a puff piece, nothing in it

That’s the point, it’s a news and current affairs programme - it’s not there to puff up anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,072 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

statesaver wrote: »
    So instead of dissolving after the referendum success they are now getting taxpayers money to do what ?

Nothing. They get 0 public funding.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭tylercheribini

Garda firing stray bullets into a household is surely a serious breach of procedures though, we had to shoot the occupants to save them.

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Meeoow

Gsoc saying it will be a criminal investigation now. Sounds like they are going to throw the guard under the bus.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

Nothing. They get 0 public funding.

Thank God for that, I'll have a few extra coins in my pocket.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement