Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

George Nkencho shooting *Mod warning Added to OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Garda firing stray bullets into any household is surely a no-no though.

It would be, but thankfully that didnt happen and all the bullets landed in the thug swinging a knife around. Gardai have to account for every shot fired

• Registered Users Posts: 6,156 ✭✭✭screamer

ParkRunner wrote: »
    I’m sure she said he was carrying his protector and I understood it to mean the knife?

Yes I heard the same and took the same meaning from it....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,599 ✭✭✭newmember2

jay0109 wrote: »
    "It is now believed that George was in the middle of a mental health crisis at that moment"

Absolute abhorrent lies. Its very clear RTE has turned its back on the irish people to feed into this stupid multicultural agenda, an absolute disgrace

You're a psychiatrist now in your spare time now are ya? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭tylercheribini

It would be, but thankfully that didnt happen and all the bullets landed in the thug swinging a knife around. Gardai have to account for every shot fired

So the bullet holes were all staged so?

Speaking of lies...^^

People complaining that the store manager or the mob of protestors wasn't mentioned?? WTF has that got to do with the examination of the shooting? The assault at the Eurospar was mentioned, the family were interviewed as their sibling was shot, what else did you want - an interview with the garda who pulled the trigger? They went into how the Garda are trained and more or less inferred that correct procedure was followed. The issue they were trying to highlight was the inadequate resourcing of the Gardai - whether it would have saved this guy's life nobody knows.

• Advertisement

Meeoow wrote: »
    Gsoc saying it will be a criminal investigation now. Sounds like they are going to throw the guard under the bus.

If that’s true it’s more than the Garda they’re throwing under the bus......

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 285 ✭✭Hellokitty1212

newmember? wrote: »

Is his sister ???

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

newmember? wrote: »

He still went for a Garda with a knife.

Is his sister ???

Youll get some excuse now. The mental health accusations are just as bad as the ‘32 previous convictions’ ones, baseless and ourely there tk defend an agenda

• Registered Users Posts: 11,785 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Gsoc saying it will be a criminal investigation now. Sounds like they are going to throw the guard under the bus.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/arid-40202912.html?type=amp&__twitter_impression=true

• Advertisement

So the bullet holes were all staged so?

If they are real... which I doubt, theyre probably from the correctly aimed shots that took out a violent criminal that passed through his body.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭TheChizler

I’m just off a Facebook chat where I asked a pal who believes the whole story - every bit.

I asked “what kind of mental health issues did he have ? Anxiety like my wife has? Dementia like the mother in law ? autism like next door’s wee one ???”

“He was in a mental health crisis”

Few minutes of back and forward and ending in “why can’t you just accept he was ill??”

There’s no moving some people from their views, no matter how deluded.
    It's not exactly unbelievable that he might have been experiencing some sort of psychotic event, he did act completely irrationally and attack Gardaí while being hopelessly outnumbered and outgunned.

Not that it forgives or changes what he did before anyone tries to say I'm defending his actions.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

They don't do that to their own

Never have

If they do it's a whole different ball game

TheChizler wrote: »
    It's not exactly unbelievable that he might have been experiencing some sort of psychotic event, he did act completely irrationally and attack Gardaí while being hopelessly outnumbered and outgunned.

Not that it forgives or changes what he did before anyone tries to say I'm defending his actions.

How long was this psychotic event, because unless it started when he decided to start carrying that knife around, its no excuse.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,991 ✭✭✭Cordell

No, it seems to be the normal process, and rightly so.
    The decision is part of a procedural process within Gsoc and follows an initial examination of the incident and a decision that a full investigation into “potential” criminal offences is required.

Various sources have stressed this does not mean it suspects the garda who shot Mr Nkencho committed a criminal offence, but that a full investigation is needed to determine whether that is the case.

The same process was instituted in the Gsoc investigation into the shooting dead by a garda of Mark Hennessy in May 2018, which resulted in the DPP directing that no criminal prosecution should be taken against the garda

It will be foolish for them to cave in to the pressure of the deluded mob and a dangerous precedent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

Instead of Prime Time tonight, I continued watching a fictional series on Netflix, as I knew it would be more realistic than anything RTE would provide us on this shooting.

RTE are probably the biggest divisive entity in the whole country. Their sole purpose these last number of years is to create division (and derision) across the nation, as they feel it will continue to make them relevant. Don't forget that the RTE boss and her stars all became millionaires at our expense. We are forced to pay their abhorrent wages and luxurious benefits. It appears that their smugness only enhances with a high number of complaints, as they are indeed untouchable, and they know it.

RTE despises the normal/regular Irish person; they see us as subservient. We are actually immaterial to their needs since the government will introduce a new media/household tax this year on every household in this country in order to support the lifestyles of the rich and famous at RTE.
    It is a sad state of affairs.

Completely normal procedure for shooting deaths involving a police force, even in the trigger happy U S of A.

That's just procedure, GSOC won't be finished their investigations for ages. Could be 12 or 24 months!

Is his sister ???

She probably wouldn't need to be a psychiatrist to know something was up with her own brother - and if the Garda already had run-ins with this guy before but charges were never brought then I'd imagine there might be some justification for the view that he might have had mental issues, no? You don't wanna hear that though as it "doesn't fit in with your narrative" ...ffs .

Never have

GSOC are not gardai.
    They are an independent body.
    Gardai are definitely not 'their own'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭munster87

Everyone should claim that anything they’ve done wrong was due to a mental health crisis at this point.

Garda firing stray bullets into a household is surely a serious breach of procedures though, we had to shoot the occupants to save them.

Certainly does not look good although at least the bullet holes are low if that counts for anything.

How long was this psychotic event, because unless it started when he decided to start carrying that knife around, its no excuse.
    I'm not saying it was one for sure never mind how long it lasted, it would be pretty idiotic for someone who's not involved and a non-expert to make a definite statement like that. It's just not an impossibility like that poster was stating.

Though a brief psychiatric episode is less than a month by definition, they're not quick events.

statesaver wrote: »
    He still went for a Garda with a knife.

He did yeh, in front of armed garda - the actions of either a madman or someone off their head on something.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭zerosugarbuzz

Never have

Remember Maurice McCabe ...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,032 ✭✭✭ParkRunner

The sister didn’t seem overly upset at all. She said “her family are shocked, devastated, disappointed, sad and anxious” but one week after the event she didn’t come across as a person grieving for her brother.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 285 ✭✭Hellokitty1212

I can’t decide whether the sister is putting on a fake Dub accent or the thug brother is putting on a Nigerian/London wannabe gangster one.

The sister didn’t seem overly upset at all. She said “her family are shocked, devastated, disappointed, sad and anxious” but one week after the event she didn’t come across as a person grieving for her brother.

What did you want - slit wrists?

What does a grieving person look like? Anger and denial are two of the famous stages after all.

• Advertisement

TheChizler wrote: »
    I'm not saying it was one for sure never mind how long it lasted, it would be pretty idiotic for someone who's not involved and a non-expert to make a definite statement like that. It's just not an impossibility like that poster was stating.

Though a brief psychiatric episode is less than a month by definition, they're not quick events.

Doesn’t matter what sort of psychosis he may or may not have been experiencing, it does not trump the immediate threat to life he presented. Overall his mental state is not a factor, and it never can be in these split second life or death situations.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement