Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

George Nkencho shooting *Mod warning Added to OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,228 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

bubblypop wrote: »
    ?
    The member who shot him has to justify every shot.

I imagine there will be particular attention put on the justification of the last shot.

Boggles wrote: »
    I imagine there will be particular attention put on the justification of the last shot.

Like I said, every single shot has to be justified

Like I said, every single shot has to be justified

I know. Some will be "easier" justify than others.

Which was my point.

I know. Some will be "easier" justify than others.

Which was my point.

The first one probably.
    Are you firearm trained? People have no idea the pressure that member is under now.
    There's a reason gardai don't have the weapons on automatic.

The first one probably.
    Are you firearm trained? People have no idea the pressure that member is under now.

No, are you?

But I did read an interview the other day with someone who is a retired veteran who stated that the last shot will probably be under the most scrutiny.

It's how I inform my opinion, I listen to experienced experts.

• Advertisement

No, are you?

But I did read an interview the other day with someone who is a retired veteran who stated that the last shot will probably be under the most scrutiny.

Yep I am.
    For example, this is how it would be asked,
    So, you shot once, you have justified that shot
    Q.' Your second shot was 0.45 seconds after your first, why did you shoot that shot'?
    Did you have time to reassess the situation?
    etc etc

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

They'd shoot themselves in both legs ?

https://extra.ie/2020/06/12/news/irish-news/garda-member-accidentally-shoots-himself

They should have clipped him with the Hyundai while he was walking down the road swinging a weapon around

But of course they couldn't because of some sh!te escalation cr@p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

No, are you?

The last shot was the shot that stopped the threat. Fairly easy to explain.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,072 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Kivaro wrote: »
    'Dr.' Vicky Conway said the following when she joined the Policing Authority in 2019, over a year before this shooting:

Yesterday she was fired/asked to resign from the Policing Authority due to her tweets on how this knife wielding man was "gunned down" by the Gardai. And this is how RTE balances the narrative on their Prime Time exposé, by brining on somebody with these ingrained views?
    At the very least, more people are now seeing how dangerous our National Broadcaster is becoming to our nation.

Thats not true. Her contract finished on 31st December. You are attempting to create fake news.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

gctest50 wrote: »
    They'd shoot themselves in both legs ?

https://extra.ie/2020/06/12/news/irish-news/garda-member-accidentally-shoots-himself

They should have clipped him with the Hyundai while he was walking down the road swinging a weapin around

If I was you I would wait for the report into that incident also, no-one was swinging.guns anywhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

If I was you I would wait for the report into that incident also, no-one was swinging.guns anywhere.

George i was referring to there, walking down the road swinging a weapon

The sister said she was pushed back inside. She didn’t say who pushed her but I’m sure the gsoc investigation will go through absolutely everything.

I think RTÉ should have left this one sided report until the investigation is concluded. The reporter stated that he had watched the video we all watched but he only said he saw 6/7 Garda and heard shots fired. He never mentioned seeing George and where he was in relation to the Garda he saw nor how his arms/body were positioned.

Also, the close up on the bunch of flowers (there were a few) with hashtag BLM wasn’t necessary.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,156 ✭✭✭screamer

See photos of him as a child now circulating on media with more on the story accompanying them. I’m sorry now but he was no child when he went on that rampage, more pedalling and meddling from a certain cohort to squeeze the sympathy out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,173 ✭✭✭mistersifter

screamer wrote: »
    See photos of him as a child now circulating on media with more on the story accompanying them. I’m sorry now but he was no child when he went on that rampage, more pedalling and meddling from a certain cohort to squeeze the sympathy out.

The photo used in the Irish examiner article yesterday caught my attention for this reason. They used a photo of him at the age of about 9 or 10. All smiling. Very odd choice of photo.

Ive heard quite a number of people talking about this since it happened. I haven't heard one person who was sympathetic to this guy.

Anyone who is paid in the media, politics or the hired talking heads on TV or Radio are all terrified to reflect what the general public think about this. The disconnect is clear.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,060 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Thats not true. Her contract finished on 31st December. You are attempting to create fake news.

They just don't have their facts straight.

Not everything fits into the "fake news" mould.

Although that type of thing has been happening on both sides of this discussion. Butter knife anyone?

Glazers Out!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 285 ✭✭Hellokitty1212

The sister said she was pushed back inside. She didn’t say who pushed her but I’m sure the gsoc investigation will go through absolutely everything.

I think RTÉ should have left this one sided report until the investigation is concluded. The reporter stated that he had watched the video we all watched but he only said he saw 6/7 Garda and heard shots fired. He never mentioned seeing George and where he was in relation to the Garda he saw nor how his arms/body were positioned.

Also, the close up on the bunch of flowers (there were a few) with hashtag BLM wasn’t necessary.

Oh it was from RTEs perspective - sane as the Our Tune music and the kiddie picture - all meant to pull at the heartstrings.

nullzero wrote: »
    They just don't have their facts straight.

Not everything fits into the "fake news" mould.

Although that type of thing has been happening on both sides of this discussion. Butter knife anyone?

The poster is saying that Vicky Conway was sacked/asked to resign from the policing authority. That is a lie. It absolutely is an attempt to create fake news.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

You must know everybody, its funny how anyone on a certain side has something happen to them and you post claiming to know all their personal details

“Honest is the first word id use to describe her”
    “Her contract ended on the 31st”
    “She absolutely knows what shes talking about”

Your address book of good friends in the ngo/academic/left side of the aisle is impressive, always here with a personal clarification

:rolleyes:

Was full on expecting “sure I knew georges ma and we had hours long discussions about his crippling schizophrenia and love of buttering scones on the go”

You must know everybody, its funny how anyone on a certain side has something happen to them and you post claiming to know all their personal details

“Honest is the first word id use to describe her”
    “Her contract ended on the 31st”
    “She absolutely knows what shes talking about”

Your address book of good friends in the ngo/academic/left side of the aisle is impressive, always here with a personal clarification

:rolleyes:

Its in her tweets. Still an attempt at manufacturing fake news.

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

The poster is saying that Vicky Conway was sacked/asked to resign from the policing authority. That is a lie. It absolutely is an attempt to create fake news.
    Can you link to a source to support your claim that her contract expired naturally?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 472 ✭✭Kraftwerk

Its in her tweets. Still an attempt at manufacturing fake news.

Like claiming she wasn't a member when she shared the tweets like you did when the article you referenced stated she left after the tweets were shared ? Was that an attempt to create fake news?

biko wrote: »
    Can you link to a source to support your claim that her contract expired naturally?

Im not the one manufacturing the fake news saying she was sacked by the way.

https://twitter.com/drvconway/status/1344712790850809860?s=19

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Frankie Machine

Fake news ? We don't want that.

So for the third time of asking you now, please...

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=115818081&postcount=6327

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

Lots of cries of Fake News this morning. I have him on ignore (Traveller rubbish et al.) so only see his quoted posts.
    Didn't realise Donald Trump (the real Donald Trump) has an account on boards.
    It is one way to deflect from the topic I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Meeoow

I looked up the definition of a protection order. It basically states that the violent partner can remain in the home, but must not use violence. So he must have at least threatened violence against his family when they took it out on him. It is a huge thing to go to court to do this.
    The guards had every right to fear he might have injured them, or his own family.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

Yep I am.
    For example, this is how it would be asked,
    So, you shot once, you have justified that shot
    Q.' Your second shot was 0.45 seconds after your first, why did you shoot that shot'?
    Did you have time to reassess the situation?
    etc etc

This is one of the things the casual observer really are not grasping, through no fault of their own.

The decision process to firing a weapon for effect is scrutinised to the fullest extent possible. As you said, each round fired and the justification surrounding it will be heavily questioned.

It could be found that the first 2 were justified but the remaining not justified. Maybe the unjustified shots led to the death.

For anyone entrusted in carrying a weapon on behalf of the state, they know full well that once they squeeze the trigger, theres no putting the round back in the magazine...you better have solid justification for discharging each round or you could be ****ed.

Its not a decision to be taken lightly.

Kivaro wrote: »
    Lots of cries of Fake News this morning. I have him on ignore (Traveller rubbish et al.) so only see his quoted posts.
    Didn't realise Donald Trump (the real Donald Trump) has an account on boards.
    It is one way to deflect from the topic I suppose.

Basically its a lie that Vicky Conway was sacked/asked to resign from the Policing Authority as you claimed.

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Meeoow wrote: »
    I looked up the definition of a protection order. It basically states that the violent partner can remain in the home, but must not use violence. So he must have at least threatened violence against his family when they took it out on him. It is a huge thing to go to court to do this.
    The guards had every right to fear he might have injured them, or his own family.

It's mad the way the protection order is being brushed aside. I guess it's hard to sell the whole poor innocent George knowing he had that against him.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement