Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

George Nkencho shooting *Mod warning Added to OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭The Assistinator

ElJeffe wrote: »
    The best thing they could do is not mention the colour of the mans skin at all, it has no relevance in this incident.

Don't give the BLM and leftist nutjobs a foothold.
    At the end of the day colour has f-all to do with this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭CinemaGuy45

Now you see why fans boo at the taking of the knee rubbish.

I won't be taking the knee for this scumbag.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

Well it's totally gone to sh*t on Twitter, see posts about wanting revenge attacks on white people etc.

Why don't all these people just move to the good old USA and leave us alone.

If anyone isnt happy here they can leave. It's very straightforward.

Any reprisal attacks on innocent Irish citizens should be met with ejection from the state.

Draw a line in the sand. Dont turn our beautiful little country into something none of us want to see.

We all know deep down that the path is set though

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭French Toast

The overconsumption of American culture is entirely detrimental to Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

.anon. wrote: »
    That tweet is from one of those far-right 'patriot' accounts. Just thought I'd point that out in case you weren't aware...

You are obviously some sort of red who supports an ideology that murdered millions upon millions. And yet, no one here is telling you what to say, read or think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

There is money to be made from this and scumbags will use every trick in the book to drive people into a fury of virtue signalling bolloox.

You can't blame the family for being upset, their family member has been killed on their doorstep it must be horrific.

But since there is video footage of this incident people need to stand up for the guards because the mainstream media are not going to

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭Morathi

The best thing they could do is not mention the colour of the mans skin at all, it has no relevance in this incident.

Initial articles on the times and RTE are promising, no mention of race.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/garda-ombudsman-to-investigate-shooting-dead-of-man-by-garda%C3%AD-in-co-dublin-1.4447470?mode=amp

https://www.rte.ie/news/crime/2020/1230/1186988-shooting/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

Exactly. Just report what he did in the Spar shop and what the videos show.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 725 ✭✭✭ElJeffe

People who agree with the Garda action need a voice too. That is very important. We should never be silenced by media, twitter or whatever.

Guess which voice will be censored first though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭.anon.

What do you think about the violent thug attacking the Spar manager and pulling a knife on staff.

What do you think about the scumbag trying to stab a Guard with said knife?

I think the Guards can hold their heads high today an outstanding days work.

Do you support the Guards in the impossible situation they had to deal with?

I think someone who tries to stab a Guard when surrounded by fifteen Guards, at least one of whom is armed with a gun, might not be your common or garden 'violent thug' or 'scumbag'. There might be better ways of deescalating such situations (i.e. with trained medical professionals), but I'm not saying that what ultimately happened is the fault of the individual Guards. Just that they shouldn't be placed in such an impossible situation in the first instance.

I feel sorry for the Guard who fired the shot, because I strongly doubt that they feel as blasé about the whole thing as some people on here.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭Daragh1980

Comments turned off on The Journal report which means they don’t want any criticism of Chicken George.

The overconsumption of American culture is entirely detrimental to Ireland.

During the summer there was a kid shouting police brutality at the Guards in Salthill as the guards were telling them to move on to maintain social distancing.

****ing clowns.

I was gonna post "in before the lock", but no.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,489 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

It's not Clonee!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,973 ✭✭✭McCrack

Just looked at Twitter, the support this thug is getting is actually frightening.

The guy attempted to murder a Garda with a knife ffs. What is wrong with people.

Possibly

However the video appears the armed suspect was going into a house when he was shot in the back by the armed Garda

Suspect then turns and lunges at the armed garda and is shot four more times

• Registered Users Posts: 16,360 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

I think someone who tries to stab a Guard when surrounded by fifteen Guards, at least one of whom is armed with a gun, might not be your common or garden 'violent thug' or 'scumbag'. There might be better ways of deescalating such situations (i.e. with trained medical professionals), but I'm not saying that what ultimately happened is the fault of the individual Guards. Just that they shouldn't be placed in such an impossible situation in the first instance.

I feel sorry for the Guard who fired the shot, because I strongly doubt that they feel as blasé about the whole thing as some people on here.

Yes, let's dispatch a crack team of shrinks and sofas to our next knife wielding crackpot to determine if he has any childhood issues he might like to share?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,857 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

He was not a garden variety thug, by the standards of the area, which has seen the westies etc, he was considered psychopathic in his savagery and propensity to violence.

He stood out and no one who knew him is surprised he died trying to kill a dozen Guards with a machete.

He was true to himself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭Im melting away

People who agree with the Garda action need a voice too. That is very important. We should never be silenced by media, twitter or whatever.

It's not about if you agree or disagree with members actions in relation to a killing, it's the hard fact which will come out in a couple of days.

Will all the guards statements line-up as per usual?
    Is there bodycam video?
    Why decide to be so close if they've their guns drawn?
    What was the rush to end this incident, though guards have experts to end situation like this?
    Was there more the 1 guard who shot at the suspect?
    Did the bullets hit body mass or was the suspect shot in the head?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭CinemaGuy45

joe40 wrote: »
    I would largely agree, but I would add that I expect the shooting will be fully investigated.

The findings of that investigation will ultimately determine whether shooting was justified. Not twitter or boards.
    I'm not for one minute suggesting it was malicious, but still important that best practice is used and we learn any lessons.
    This sort of occurrence is still very rare in Ireland.

He left that poor chap in Spar hospitalised so we know he had no problem using unprovoked violence I say good riddance to bad rubbish.

Myself I could never kill anybody I like everyone else is commenting from a distance.
    If I was holding the gun I would have hesitated and we would instead have a stabbed Guard.

Talk is cheap I support the Guards here because they did a job most of us could never do and make no mistake their lives were at risk today.

Anybody supporting this thug is scum in my eyes.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,489 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

This could head for a tribunal of inquiry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭tinofapples

During the summer there was a kid shouting police brutality at the Guards in Salthill as the guards were telling them to move on to maintain social distancing.

****ing clowns.

I remember that, they should have been fired into a cell for a night of two and fed water and bread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

E36Ross wrote: »
    Lol isn't that a rad racist of them? Does it mean we can use #WLM now?

I'm just dismayed at how the colour of a person's skin is so important these days. A criminal is a criminal, a victim a victim, a decent person a decent person regardless of their background.

The great Martin Luther King Jr. wanted people to look beyond the colour of someone's skin and with all the crap on Twitter we are so far away from that.

"I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character."

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭fantaiscool

joe40 wrote: »
    I would largely agree, but I would add that I expect the shooting will be fully investigated.

The findings of that investigation will ultimately determine whether shooting was justified. Not twitter or boards.
    I'm not for one minute suggesting it was malicious, but still important that best practice is used and we learn any lessons.
    This sort of occurrence is still very rare in Ireland.

Yeah I did say I was speculating. It's all pending an investigation but IF he did indeed attempt to rob the shop and attacked members of the public that's not good. Coupled with having a knife and threatening guards with it. You can't do that and will be shot dead by pretty much any police force on the planet if come after one of them with a knife.

If it's all gone as the guards say then here is where members of the black community like the Ebun Josephs need to come out and say that the young man was in the wrong and people using it as an example of some kind of racist attack by the guards are wrong. It's absolutely critical that they do this in the same way it is critical that Muslims condemn the barbarity of the attacks in France.

Expect the alt right scum to do their racist thing like they usually do.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

McCrack wrote: »
    Possibly

However the video appears the armed suspect was going into a house when he was shot in the back by the armed Garda

Suspect then turns and lunges at the armed garda and is shot four more times

Think the first shot was a warning shot and then he turned and lunges at the Garda.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,857 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Given the video evidence and his history, it won't.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,812 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Every ARU situation that results in shots fired has an inquiry, this will follow the same procedure

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

So you want a 'trained medical professional' to deal with the guy swinging a knife?

If your sister/wife/daughter was one of those cops and the guy, as seen in the video, was swinging a knife at her would you feel the same way? Not all cops are 6'6 lumps kitted out in riot gear, they are real people, who in this instance have a guy swinging a knife at them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭katiek102010

JJayoo wrote: »
    So you think Breonna Taylor was shot/killed because she was black? Are you familiar with the case?

She was killed due to a tragic fcuk up/clusterfcuk/accident/ terrible police procedure/intelligence failure.

I mean her black boyfriend who was firing at the cops wasn't shot.

It is a terrible tragedy tho, she was a completely innocent woman

Wasn't she allowing her scumbag boyfriend to deal drugs and illegal weapons from her house.

Playing with fire gets people in trouble

• Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭joe40

Of course it will, only correct that it should.

Remember this one didn't go to well.

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/amp.independent.ie/irish-news/abbeylara-siege-death-family-gets-100000-26520967.html

I don't for one minute think there is a racial element here, but the shooting still needs to be investigated. Then we'll know all the details.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Yeah what's with the hostility? I asked if anyone else thought it was unusual for a man with a knife to be shot. No one ever gets shot here so it sounded harsh. I didn't know he was even black at this time.
    I'm not a trained Garda to deal with these situations!

Having a knife isn't really the issue here, it's what is being done with it.

If someone is holding a knife, then shooting them would be excessive. If someone is lunging at a civilian or a Garda with a knife, then that's not as clear.

To your previous question, Armed Gardai do have bodycams. GSOC will have plenty of evidence when conducting their investigation (far more than we do), so we should probably leave them at it for now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement