Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

George Nkencho shooting *Mod warning Added to OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,551 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

What I want to know is why so many people are interested in ‘non lethal’ options or shooting hands etc.. society is better for having a fatal end to non compliance with the already drawn out de-escalation procedure.

Anyone who genuinely thinks that this country would have been better off with this lad alive and back on the streets in a week really needs to have a word with themselves

Anyone who not only violently assaults innocent people but then refuses to drop a knife when they have a gard pointing a gun at them really has no justification for remaining in our society.

The procedure gives any violent criminal more than enough chances to back down already, if they dont take those chances then the correct outcome is achieved in my book.

We don't have the death penalty here, even after a fair trial...

• Registered Users Posts: 56,178 ✭✭✭✭walshb

That's right, we don't have the death penalty

But it won't stop people being happy that clearly dangerous and violent people are no longer among us...

I know I wouldn't be shedding any tears for people like this that lose their lives whilst being a menace to society.

I guess, like me, people may think of how there are no less threats out there to ordinary decent people.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,747 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

Front cover of today’s Indo’s weekend supplement is about the founders of the black and Irish movement , inside you’ll find a 4 page article explaining how Ireland is such a racist country but they are more than willing to help people to learn (direct quotes) Had the usual pops at the 2004 referendum (racist law) and DP

2004 will be rerun/overturned in the short to medium term imv with a major push and full backing of the msm.. Anyone who puts forward an alternative view will be branded with the R word, also they will find the most extreme commentators to argue against the 2004 outcome thereby implying to any undecided or waverers, hey look who you're siding with if you are against our ie the msm view on the matter

• Registered Users Posts: 6,998 ✭✭✭conorhal

carfinder wrote: »
    Everyone is discouraged from sharing the video of the incident and now the Indo is using a childhood photo of the deceased - seems strange to use a childhood photo of the deceased as a kid unless there is an agenda to garner sympathy for a knife wielding maniac!
    https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/shortfall-in-mental-health-experts-to-assist-garda-during-crisis-stand-offs-39949076.html

They could have chosen from any of his 'thug life' wannabe Facebook pics on his page, but such recent pictures would cause considerable cognitive dissonance amongst the readers when paired with their carefully crafted narrative.
    It's such an obvious attempt at propaganda that it would embarrass even a Soviet era Pravda editor.
    It also pretty much betrays the media's perception of black people, who are agentless children in their eyes, their purse-puppies, like a toy poodle in Paris Hilton's Prada handbag.
    "Of course George isn't responsible for the sequence of events that led to his death, how could he be? After all, he is black"
    Talk about the bigotry of low expectations.
    We will rue the day we allowed our government to employ intersectional ideology to create a different standard of expectations for minorities, because people tend to live up or down to the expectations that are set for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Sadly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭cal naughton

Any word on the parents in this? They seem to have gone to ground.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

2004 will be rerun/overturned in the short to medium term imv with a major push and full backing of the msm.. Anyone who puts forward an alternative view will be branded with the R word, also they will find the most extreme commentators to argue against the 2004 outcome thereby implying to any undecided or waverers, hey look who you're siding with if you are against our ie the msm view on the matter

Aye. First they need hate speech laws introduced. No stopping them then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Parabellum9

Acosta wrote: »
    The irony of blaming the media for trying to manipulate while using lies about what happened in Cork to make your point.

Interested to know what you think he is lying about in regard to the Cork incident, did you watch the video? It’s exactly what he says it is

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭Acosta

Interested to know what you think he is lying about in regard to the Cork incident, did you watch the video? It’s exactly what he says it is

It wasn't a racist attack and it wasn't a "black gang".

• Registered Users Posts: 4,747 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

statesaver wrote: »
    Aye. First they need hate speech laws introduced. No stopping them then.

Rte.. The(ir) truth matters

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 60 ✭✭Follow_ur_lead

I have no issue with AGS and the decision to use the force that was used.

But for balance, there were plenty on here saying there is no way to dis-arm a guy with a knife.

The link I posted suggests otherwise. That's obviously from an AGS source also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭Morathi

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/george-nkencho-shooting-racial-tensions-in-dublin-s-suburbs-1.4452459?mode=amp

IT has the audacity to turn it into a racial issue, and simultaneously writes this:

"Some protesters then marched through Blanchardstown Shopping Centre and on to the Eurospar where Nkencho had assaulted the manager. The supermarket closed its doors, keeping staff and customers inside, as some demonstrators shouted abuse outside and banged on the shutters."

Omitting one of the only actual recorded and verifiable moments of racism in this whole sorry affair.

Oh, and of course comments are turned off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭doublejobbing 2

Front cover of today’s Indo’s weekend supplement is about the founders of the black and Irish movement , inside you’ll find a 4 page article explaining how Ireland is such a racist country but they are more than willing to help people to learn (direct quotes) Had the usual pops at the 2004 referendum (racist law) and DP

A racist country where the government houses foreigners in 3 bed semis in middle class estates and charges them a pittance in rent.

We are an embarrassment.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,005 ✭✭✭✭titan18

If a white scumbag attacked a black guy it'd be called a racist attack though no matter why.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭TheChizler

walshb wrote: »
    That's right, we don't have the death penalty

But it won't stop people being happy that clearly dangerous and violent people are no longer among us...

I know I wouldn't be shedding any tears for people like this that lose their lives whilst being a menace to society.

I guess, like me, people may think of how there are no less threats out there to ordinary decent people.

I genuinely hope you or someone you love never has a psychotic break and injure someone, with the inevitable uninformed public crying out for or relishing in your or their death. I'm not even saying this is what happened in this case, that still needs to be proven and it's irrelevant to your statement which treats all genuine mental cases and violent scumbags the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

How do you know the ethnic breakdown of the attackers?? Didn’t hear many Cork accents

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭carfinder

TheChizler wrote: »
    I genuinely hope you or someone you love never has a psychotic break and injure someone, with the inevitable uninformed public crying out for or relishing in your or their death. I'm not even saying this is what happened in this case, that still needs to be proven and it's irrelevant to your statement which treats all genuine mental cases and violent scumbags the same.

Someone wielding a knife assaulting people and threatening others IS a violent scumbag - being insane is a defence against criminal charges but doesn't make the person anything less of a violent scumbag. It doesn't matter if this guy was having a psychotic break or not, its his actions that need to be judged, not his motivations

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 285 ✭✭Hellokitty1212

Any word on the parents in this? They seem to have gone to ground.

Has anything ever been mentioned about the father ??

How do you know the ethnic breakdown of the attackers?? Didn’t hear many Cork accents

I know people who had encountered those toerags previously. This has already been done and done on other threads. That guy is a scumbag and deserved to go to jail for a lot longer than 18 months. I know the patriots really want it to be, but it wasn't a racist attack.

I know people who had encountered those toerags previously. This has already been done and done on other threads. That guy is a scumbag and deserved to go to jail for a lot longer than 18 months. I know the patriots really want it to be, but it wasn't a racist attack.

Nice use of patriot as a negative there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,478 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

I stopped buying newspapers a few years ago because they had their own agendas about everything and were only trying to influence the reader.

I feel good to be able to inform myself without reading rubbish.

Im waiting for a headline...

“Shopkeeper stabbed in neck after attempting to prevent his store from being robbed at knifepoint, perpetrator who was believed to be of an immigrant background was said to have become frustrated at the price of goods, he believed they should have been free...Gardai are investigating as to whether the prices of goods would be considered a hate crime, indeed the possibility that the shopkeepers unwillingness to be stabbed and then actually defending himself would count the same..now, over to Jean with the weather”.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Parabellum9

Oh it most definitely was a racist attack considering it happened the same day as groups of them were attending BLM protests - and it’s most certainly a black guy doing the attack unless you want to stretch your deflection to insist it’s a white guy doing an impression of a black accent and lingo?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

TheChizler wrote: »

If a relative of mine ever lunges at armed gardai with a knife ill stand up at the funeral and say they deserved the bullets. No excuse for it in any way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭spring lane jack

If it wasn't Blacks it would be Travellers or outsiders Poles or those from god forbid another county or worse still those not from your side of town or even the ol' drugs.

Oh it most definitely was a racist attack considering it happened the same day as groups of them were attending BLM protests - and it’s most certainly a black guy doing the attack unless you want to stretch your deflection to insist it’s a white guy doing an impression of a black accent and lingo?

Attending a peaceful BLM protest is a smoking gun now? I can't believe I actually have to type this but A black guy attacking a white guy does not make it a racist attack.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

If it wasn't Blacks it would be Travellers or outsiders Poles or those from god forbid another county or worse still those not from your side of town or even the ol' drugs.

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Pat D. Almighty

You left out one important demographic.

Attending a peaceful BLM protest is a smoking gun now? I can't believe I actually have to type this but A black guy attacking a white guy does not make it a racist attack.

But then why does a black criminal being killed by a Garda of unknown colour major it a racist killing ?

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Pat D. Almighty

If a relative of mine ever lunges at armed gardai with a knife ill stand up at the funeral and say they deserved the bullets. No excuse for it in any way.

Nonsense. You're just making things up now to justify your ignorant opinion.

• Advertisement

But then why does a black criminal being killed by a Garda of unknown colour major it a racist killing ?

I never said it was racist. Not once.

One of main topics throughout this thread is how dare the liberals, media etc claim there was any racism involved in the incident last week with no evidence. And now we have people doing exactly that referring to a different incident

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement