Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

George Nkencho shooting *Mod warning Added to OP*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Acosta wrote: »
    I can't believe I actually have to type this but A black guy attacking a white guy does not make it a racist attack.

But if you flipped it it would be racist if a white person attacked a black person ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭Acosta

Gatling wrote: »
    But if you flipped it it would be racist if a white person attacked a black person ?

Obviously it wouldn't be racist without evidence of such

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭carfinder

Attending a peaceful BLM protest is a smoking gun now? I can't believe I actually have to type this but A black guy attacking a white guy does not make it a racist attack.

I can't believe I actually have to type this but The motivation of the perpetrator is what classifies the attack as racist. If a black person attacks a white person BECAUSE he or she is white, thats a RACIST attack.

carfinder wrote: »
    I can't believe I actually have to type this but The motivation of the perpetrator is what classifies the attack as racist. If a black person attacks a white person BECAUSE he or she is white, thats a RACIST attack.

Where is the evidence that he attacked that lad because he was white?

i didn't say there was, I am unfamiliar with the attack being referred to earlier. I was countering your incorrect assertion generally, not specifically to that particular black on white attack

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

How do you know the ethnic breakdown of the attackers?? Didn’t hear many Cork accents

And the narrative that it wasn't a black gang? I didn't see any freckles on the black guy that was filming his bro repeatedly stabbing the white kid in the back. The black guy filming the brutal assault kept pushing the victim's girlfriend out the way so that he could record all the gory details of the blood pouring out of the kid. But yeah, there was no 'gang' there I suppose .......... to those who do not want to admit that black gangs are becoming a problem in Ireland now.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

you suggested that you know something about the group ?

do you know why the attack in cork happened ?

i didn't say there was, I am unfamiliar with the attack being referred to earlier. I was countering your incorrect assertion generally, not specifically to that particular black on white attack

I was being very specific to an incident you're now saying you know nothing about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

I know people who had encountered those toerags previously. This has already been done and done on other threads. That guy is a scumbag and deserved to go to jail for a lot longer than 18 months. I know the patriots really want it to be, but it wasn't a racist attack.

So you’ve no idea who was around when the young boy from Carrigaline was assaulted. Thanks, that’s all I wanted to know.

• Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭Green Peter

They don't do that to their own

Never have

If they do it's a whole different ball game

Horse ****e, GSOC are not An Garda Siochana. They have huge independent resources and have no problem trying to throw people under the bus. Many a tribunal has been set up and that's some bus to be under as a Garda who just went to work to do a shift.

• Advertisement

So you’ve no idea who was around when the young boy from Carrigaline was assaulted. Thanks, that’s all I wanted to know.

I know that both black and white lads were in that gang. I was responding to a post that said it was a "black gang". It wasn't a black gang. It wasn't a racist attack.
    And responding to your earlier post, more traditional sounding cork accents can be heard in that clip.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,732 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

I have no issue with AGS and the decision to use the force that was used.

But for balance, there were plenty on here saying there is no way to dis-arm a guy with a knife.

The link I posted suggests otherwise. That's obviously from an AGS source also.

They could disarm him but how they have time to achieve that when he’s on the cusp of accessing a residential property...he shuts that door they are at a disadvantage, as is whoever is in the house..they are in mortal danger...

He chose to arm himself with a deadly weapon, he chose to attack somebody with it, sorry ‘people’ it, who subsequently included Gardai and an innocent employee of a nearby shop... that he should have been allowed to continue towards the residential premises is nuts... violent and erratic, in possession of a bladed weapon which he already used and was using to try and stab Gardai....

Gardai should try get closer ? Risk their lives to save a violent criminal in the throws of a violent rage with a deadly weapon ? Indiscriminately trying to assault Gardai and others with it ?

No, he simply needed stopping, good result, no further harm to innocent civilians or Gardaí..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Davaeo09

Kivaro wrote: »
    And the narrative that it wasn't a black gang? I didn't see any freckles on the black guy that was filming his bro repeatedly stabbing the white kid in the back. The black guy filming the brutal assault kept pushing the victim's girlfriend out the way so that he could record all the gory details of the blood pouring out of the kid. But yeah, there was no 'gang' there I suppose .......... to those who do not want to admit that black gangs are becoming a problem in Ireland now.

I don't know how this thread has come back to this. Any body who has bothered to do any bit of research into the Cork incident will know IT WAS NOT A RACE ISSUE. It was lads from a bit outside the town, in a gang of both native and non native Irish people who got into a confrontation with a lad that just happened to be white. I cannot say the attack would not have happened if he was black, the same way you cannot say it did. Scumbags are scumbags regardless of skin color and it's a ****ing shame people are being so blatantly stupid here for "the lols" or w/e

As we have seen this week there is some one, some where hoping to cause racial tensions! Anyone with an IQ over 50 could just look at a little thing called "context" and its fairly ****ing obvious race is not the issue in either of the two incidents being discussed!
    Guard's did their job to the letter of the law in A
    Scumbags got way to much media coverage in an effort to drive the "race war" narrative in B

similarities? Open your ****ing eyes and stop the double standards.

I was being very specific to an incident you're now saying you know nothing about.
    I was calling out your nonsense general post about black on white attacks, as nonsense. Other posters, with knowledge of the specific black on white violent attack in Cork have shown you up!

I was calling out your nonsense general post about black on white attacks, as nonsense. Other posters, with knowledge of the specific black on white violent attack in Cork have shown you up!

To show me up on this particular incident you will first need evidence. NOBODY has provided that. Not on this thread or any other race baiting thread the Carrigaline incident has been brought up on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,738 ✭✭✭Naos

I have no issue with AGS and the decision to use the force that was used.

But for balance, there were plenty on here saying there is no way to dis-arm a guy with a knife.

The link I posted suggests otherwise. That's obviously from an AGS source also.

While you are correct there is a tactic, the issue here he was in front of a house with an open front door.
    "Outdoor VDP [violently deranged persons] tactics involves six officers in full riot gear and carrying shields forming into three groups of two and descending on a suspect in a pincer movement."

Even if those specially trained Gardai were there, they could only approach him from the front and George may well have simply retreated into the house.

The Gardai would be pushing an unstable, knife wielding indiviudal who has just demonstrated a propensity for violence into a (his) family residence, a family who had a protection order against him.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,790 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Think most ppl understand what happened and aren't arsed with the BLM nonsense around it

https://twitter.com/MikeyRose94/status/1347915516095197184?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 11,790 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Burkie1203 wrote: »

Ohh lord, watching hazel hand wayne that award would be insanely good “heres an award, sorry I eulogised your attacker”

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 285 ✭✭Hellokitty1212

Ohh lord, watching hazel hand wayne that award would be insanely good “heres an award, sorry I eulogised your attacker”

There’s no way she would let him win!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭kingstevii

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭oholly121

kingstevii wrote: »
    Done!

Done voted for Wayne although you need the permission of the person your voting for so they will use this as an excuse to wriggle out of presenting Wayne the award!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Stihl waters

I really really really really hope he wins, I'd nearly join Twitter just to vote

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭wandererz

Done.

Perhaps best & correct to mention Hartstown, Dublin 15 because that is where it occurred and is within Dublin (and the Lord Mayor's jurisdiction).

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭oholly121

I really really really really hope he wins, I'd nearly join Twitter just to vote

You don’t need to be on Twitter you can vote through Dublin City councils page

Let’s try to get this viral and people voting for him so he will win

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Stihl waters

oholly121 wrote: »

Brilliant, thank you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,106 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

oholly121 wrote: »

It says that people nominate and she chooses.

Obviously, if there is a landslide nominating him, it would be more difficult for her to ignore that.

Better not to give her an easy excuse by not nominating him though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

Completed my vote for Wayne.
    Some information that may be useful:
    Here is the link for the online vote - https://consultation.dublincity.ie/lord-mayor/lordmayorsawards/consultation/intro/
    Address: Hartstown Shopping Centre, Hartstown Rd, Hartstown, Dublin 15
    Phone: (01) 821 5366
    And I used this email address, which is the main one for EuroSpar: eurospar@bwg.ie

Obviously for privacy reasons I did not include or seek Wayne's last name. The other information is public.

If you check out the Tweeter link, people are already voting for him. This will be a test for what remains of Chu's integrity; allow the votes to be counted, or find an excuse not to include them in order to save face and embarrassment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Kivaro wrote: »
    Completed my vote for Wayne.
    Some information that may be useful:
    Here is the link for the online vote - https://consultation.dublincity.ie/lord-mayor/lordmayorsawards/consultation/intro/
    Address: Hartstown Shopping Centre, Hartstown Rd, Hartstown, Dublin 15
    Phone: (01) 821 5366
    And I used this email address, which is the main one for EuroSpar: eurospar@bwg.ie

Obviously for privacy reasons I did not include or seek Wayne's last name. The other information is public.

If you check out the Tweeter link, people are already voting for him. This will be a test for what remains of Chu's integrity; allow the votes to be counted, or find an excuse not to include them in order to save face and embarrassment.
    Bet you a coke that she excludes him citing his nomination as a ‘far right troll scheme’

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭ Jaziel Orange Oats

Think most ppl understand what happened and aren't arsed with the BLM nonsense around it

https://twitter.com/MikeyRose94/status/1347915516095197184?s=19

around the Cork city garda station, 3 cars circled it beeping their cars on Thursday ...seen a bigger protest tactics from the Taxi groups who did a simlar things a few months ago

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement