Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

George Nkencho shooting *Mod warning Added to OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭grassylawn

Burkie1203 wrote: »
    Nkencho shot 6 times

One bullet passed through his arm.
    2 hit vital organs

The solicitor for the family wants the person who took the video to contact him. That seems a bit odd to me.

He is also having a pop at GSOC about the pace of the investigation but the PM only took place a few days ago. And we are in the middle of a rampant pandemic.
    That would mean he had already been shot at the start of the video.

My interpretation has been based on the notion that the first shot in the video was a warning shot. Apparently we don't see what was happening at the time he was first shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,782 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

grassylawn wrote: »
    That would mean he had already been shot at the start of the video.

My interpretation has been based on the notion that the first shot in the video was a warning shot. Apparently we don't see what was happening at the time he was first shot.

And the solicitor wants the video taker to contact him if he "doesn't feel comfortable talking to gardai"

Thats odd. Very odd. Only the investigators should be speaking to witnesses

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

Can't believe they are still using childhood photos of George N in the media.

People know when they're being manipulated.

If i ever end up in media, I want the photos of me in the nip in the paddling pool in the back yard circa 1988
    Wouldn't that be a small bit revealing?
    You were 26 years old in 1988.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Pa ElGrande

Can't believe they are still using childhood photos of George N in the media.

People know when they're being manipulated.

If i ever end up in media, I want the photos of me in the nip in the paddling pool in the back yard circa 1988

The media used childhood photos of Travon Martin in the United States. Race baiting politicians and the media set the narrative (NBC were caught red-handed) and Mr./ George Zimmerman was hung out to dry. Mr. Zimmerman was acquitted and is now suing the family.
    The lawsuit, based on investigative reporting by documentary producer Joel Gilbert, targets Trayvon’s parents, their lawyer Benjamin Crump, both Jeantel and the real Diamond Eugene, prosecution lawyers and the state of Florida, all of whom, according to the lawsuit, knew or should have known of the witness substitution. The Martin case had far-reaching implications, poisoning race relations and resulting in the creation (by its own account) of Black Lives Matter. For Klayman, setting the record straight in this case and imposing high damages “has the potential to break the back of the race-baiting industry, to set a precedent that you can’t get away with this stuff anymore.

source

On a personal level these are turbulent weeks for Mr. Nkenchos family, they are in general being treated with respect by the Irish public.

There are unscrupulous people in this country willing to capitalise on the familys grief to push their own personal agendas, in the case of politicians it gives them attention with the voters (May not have worked the way they anticipated), in the case of activists from education and NGOs it is to raise their profile, garner more funds and influence, in the case of the media it is to generate clicks for advertising revenue.

On the back on the Abbeylara case and ammendment to the constitution was proposed to give the Oireachtas more power to conduct inquiries, it was rejected in a referendum which IMHO is a good in light of the woke politics that has gained traction since then.

Net Zero means we are paying for the destruction of our economy and society in pursuit of an unachievable and pointless policy.

• Registered Users Posts: 965 ✭✭✭SnuggyBear

I was starting to think he didnt start swinging at them with the knife until he was shot. It looks like he might have been shot for trying to go into the house and then started swinging by whats been said above.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41,072 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

There are unscrupulous people in this country willing to capitalise on the familys grief to push their own personal agendas, in the case of politicians it gives them attention with the voters (May not have worked the way they anticipated), in the case of activists from education and NGOs it is to raise their profile, garner more funds and influence, in the case of the media it is to generate clicks for advertising revenue.

And then you also have the likes of the National Party pushing their agendas too

https://the-beacon.ie/2021/01/09/be-as-callous-as-possible-how-the-irish-far-right-mobilised-after-gardai-killed-george-nkencho/

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Stihl waters

Burkie1203 wrote: »
    Nkencho shot 6 times

One bullet passed through his arm.
    2 hit vital organs

The solicitor for the family wants the person who took the video to contact him. That seems a bit odd to me.

He is also having a pop at GSOC about the pace of the investigation but the PM only took place a few days ago. And we are in the middle of a rampant pandemic.

So 6 times he had to be shot to subdue him, and all shots hit the target with no warning shots fired, he was really intent on causing harm to someone

The Irish far right, is there even such a thing

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭olestoepoke

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/george-nkencho-shooting-racial-tensions-in-dublin-s-suburbs-1.4452459?mode=amp&s=08

Another great article about st. George. I particularly like the phrasing "became involved in a confrontation with the store manager" in the spar. To me the wording of this says that he was not 100% to blame for trying to rob a spar and beating up the attendant. And the part where the so called journalist says that "George staggers to the door defenceless" and the line " the supermarket closed its doors, keeping staff safe and customers inside, as some demonstrators shouted abuse outside and banged on the doors" is missing the word "racial" as in racial abuse. Oh and the line "public order incidents by a smaller subset of demonstrators" nicely plays down the fact that people in west Dublin were afraid to go outside that day because there was a mob on the streets. Oh and the brother calling for the death of a Garda is ok, he was only messing, he didn't really say it. The media are a disgrace in this country.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

If anyone has an issue with the media reporting of this incident, make it known. First email the editor of the publication. If you get no reply after 2 weeks or are unsatisfied with the reply you get, contact the Press Ombudsman.

If you feel any article contrvenes the Code of Practice.

Here are some of the Principles of the Press Code of Practice: link https://www.presscouncil.ie/code-of-practice

Principle 1 − Truth and Accuracy
    1.1 In reporting news and information, the press shall strive at all times for truth and accuracy.
    1.2 When a significant inaccuracy, misleading statement or distorted report or picture has been published, it shall be corrected promptly and with due prominence.
    1.3 When appropriate, a retraction, apology, clarification, explanation or response shall be published promptly and with due prominence.

Principle 2 − Distinguishing Fact and Comment
    2.1 The press is entitled to advocate strongly its own views on topics.
    2.2 Comment, conjecture, rumour and unconfirmed reports shall not be reported as if they are fact.
    2.3 Readers are entitled to expect that the content of the press reflects the best judgment of editors and writers and has not been inappropriately influenced by undisclosed interests. Wherever relevant, any significant financial interest of an organization should be disclosed. Writers should disclose significant potential conflicts of interest to their editors.

Principle 8 − Prejudice
    The press shall not publish material intended or likely to cause grave offence or stir up hatred against an individual or group on the basis of their race, religion, nationality, colour, ethnic origin, membership of the travelling community, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, illness or age.

Complaints procedure is here https://www.presscouncil.ie/making-a-complaint

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 965 ✭✭✭SnuggyBear

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/george-nkencho-shooting-racial-tensions-in-dublin-s-suburbs-1.4452459?mode=amp&s=08

Another great article about st. George. I particularly like the phrasing "became involved in a confrontation with the store manager" in the spar. To me the wording of this says that he was not 100% to blame for trying to rob a spar and beating up the attendant. And the part where the so called journalist says that "George staggers to the door defenceless" and the line " the supermarket closed its doors, keeping staff safe and customers inside, as some demonstrators shouted abuse outside and banged on the doors" is missing the word "racial" as in racial abuse. Oh and the line "public order incidents by a smaller subset of demonstrators" nicely plays down the fact that people in west Dublin were afraid to go outside that day because there was a mob on the streets. Oh and the brother calling for the death of a Garda is ok, he was only messing, he didn't really say it. The media are a disgrace in this country.

This guy has no shame

There are low status individuals who injected false infomation, that article is short on names and these claims have been put to rest, the racial bias narrative has also been stalled, but is still being pushed.

The article promulgates imagined unseen bogeymen to create fear. Who gave the order mentioned in the article? It mentions terms like far right without defining that term. The article name drops Steve Bannon - what has he got to do with this incident? The article lacks substance and is nothing but "reds under the bed" scare tactics of old.

Net Zero means we are paying for the destruction of our economy and society in pursuit of an unachievable and pointless policy.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭carfinder

Yet another photo of George as a child, this time a family portrait from years ago. This is a serious whiff of professional PR about these articles. Makes you wonder who is involved in the background!
    https://m.independent.ie/irish-news/george-nkenchos-family-we-all-really-miss-him-how-could-this-happen-39951623.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

There are low status individuals who injected false infomation, that article is short on names and these claims have been put to rest, the racial bias narrative has also been stalled, but is still being pushed.

The article promulgates imagined unseen bogeymen to create fear. Who gave the order mentioned in the article? It mentions terms like far right without defining that term. The article name drops Steve Bannon - what has he got to do with this incident? The article lacks substance and is nothing but "reds under the bed" scare tactics of old.

It is a deflection mechanism. You see it on here anytime blacks are involved in negative incidents. People jump into threads with drive-by posts to say something about the "far/alt right" in order to deflect from the topic.
    The Irish Times article is shameful. Journalistic integrity does not exist any more at that news paper.

Low status individuals? This thread can be hilarious at times.

You highlighted that the event has been hijacked by those with agendas. Indeed we can also see that there are agendas at play that you refuse to admit.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Kivaro wrote: »
    It is a deflection mechanism. You see it on here anytime blacks are involved in negative incidents. People jump into threads with drive-by posts to say something about the "far/alt right" in order to deflect from the topic.
    The Irish Times article is shameful. Journalistic integrity does not exist any more at that news paper.

Oh right ok. Its ok to say that the event is used by certain agendas but not others. Mention certain things and its "deflection". Mention others and yes of course thats perfectly acceptable to say.

Terry Pratchet

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 285 ✭✭Hellokitty1212

Low status individuals? This thread can be hilarioys at times.

You highlighted that the event has been hijacked by those with agendas. Indeed we can also see that there are agendas at play that you refuse to admit.

Yes, black on white racism that some seem to deny even exists.

A gang problem in parts of Dublin and likely other parts of the country - we spent long enough getting rid of the worst parts of Britain, we don’t want their faux Yardie culture now.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 285 ✭✭Hellokitty1212

carfinder wrote: »
    Yet another photo of George as a child, this time a family portrait from years ago. This is a serious whiff of professional PR about these articles. Makes you wonder who is involved in the background!
    https://m.independent.ie/irish-news/george-nkenchos-family-we-all-really-miss-him-how-could-this-happen-39951623.html

I wouldn’t line the cat’s tray with the Indo, no matter how absorbent.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

“Heres how the far right did a thing , my evidence is a propaganda website with a far left bias”

Two cheeks of the same arse

• Registered Users Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭Hamachi

Oh right ok. Its ok to say that the event is used by certain agendas but not others. Mention certain things and its "deflection". Mention others and yes of course thats perfectly acceptable to say.

The Gardai did their job well. They have kept society safe from a violent aggressor, brandishing a sharp implement.

The event shouldn’t be used for capital by any agenda, including those with your ideological leanings.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

carfinder wrote: »
    Ali Bracken writes "Eleven days ago the close-knit family of George Nkencho was forever fractured when he was shot dead outside their west Dublin home"
    but omits that George didn't live there, and the family has a protection order against him.

Hamachi wrote: »
    The Gardai did their job well. They have kept society safe from a violent aggressor, branding a sharp implement.

The event shouldn’t be used for capital by any agenda, including those with your ideological leanings.

But there are attempts here to say "oh look this agenda is using the event but lets ignore the other agendas snd pretend they dont exist"

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭olestoepoke

Hamachi wrote: »
    The Gardai did their job well. They have kept society safe from a violent aggressor, branding a sharp implement.

This is the bottom line, anyone with any sense will see through the shameless propaganda from both left and right lunatics.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭Hamachi

But there are attempts here to say "oh look this agenda is using the event but lets ignore the other agendas snd pretend they dont exist"

Yes, that virulent far-right force in Ireland, that is non-existent, except within certain posters’ heads.

The aggressor has been dealt with by the Gardai. People in Dublin 15 are satisfied that their community is now a safer place to live. That’s the bottom line.

Low status individuals? This thread can be hilarious at times.

There are no names in that article to atribute to any action. Somebody did inject false comments about Mr. Nkencho into twitter or facebook, we don't know who and the beacon does not even mention their internet handle.

Was it a 14 year old named Simon and his cat (I've always suspected Simons cat, it's in his cold unblinking stare). Since the beacon seems to have infiltrated the organisation they consider far right, they seem to have access to their ccommunication channels, how do we know they themselves are not the far right creating a false flag operation? With no names, sequence and times of events and how that promulgated online, the article is a product of someones imagination and has the same level of credibility as the low status indivuals who injected the false information.

There are no names in that article to atribute to any action. Somebody did inject false comments about Mr. Nkencho into twitter or facebook, we don't know who and the beacon does not even mention their internet handle.

Was it a 14 year old named Simon and his cat (I've always suspected Simons cat, it's in his cold unblinking stare). Since the beacon seems to have infiltrated the organisation they consider far right, they seem to have access to their ccommunication channels, how do we know they themselves are not the far right creating a false flag operation? With no names, sequence and times of events and how that promulgated online, the article is a product of someones imagination and has the same level of credibility as the low status indivuals who injected the false information.

What was that earlier on about deflection?

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

"became involved in a confrontation"

Or to put it another, more accurate way;

"planned and orchestrated an armed robbery"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭alias no.9

There are agendas on both sides, on one side there are a collection of elected officials and people on state sinecures and on the other there are a collection of mouthy but unknown and unelectable morons. Is it wrong to expect more from the first group?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Indeed we can also see that there are agendas at play that you refuse to admit.

The irony is staggering here. You consistently and constantly dodge very easily answerable questions put to you time after time. It’s you with the agenda against the “far-right”. When you’re prodded into backing up your accusations. you disappear for a couple of days or post in feedback about how you’re being “piled on”.

• Advertisement

Omackeral wrote: »
    The irony is staggering here. You consistently and constantly dodge very easily answerable questions put to you time after time. It’s you with the agenda against the “far-right”. When you’re prodded into backing up your accusations. you disappear for a couple of days or post in feedback about how you’re being “piled on”.

Par for the course with that particular poster, never answers the questions asked

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement