Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

George Nkencho shooting *Mod warning Added to OP*

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 285 ✭✭Hellokitty1212

But there are attempts here to say "oh look this agenda is using the event but lets ignore the other agendas snd pretend they dont exist"

That is literally what your posts are doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Pa ElGrande

What was that earlier on about deflection?

1. You missed the sarcasm. The article in no way proves the far right as being responsible for injecting the false information that circulated about Mr. Nkencho.

2. The so called "far right" don't even get their expenses back when they stand for election. Out of a population of ~4.9 million people, the people identified have no political representation and supporters are estimated at less than 2,000 people.
    The far right’s electoral prospects appear similarly grim, although not all would agree with that. Some 30 candidates competed in the most recent general election on a far-right platform. None polled high enough to even get their expenses back.

source

3. Despite being thoroughly rejected by the electorate, they are elevated way beyond their influence to mythical status in the imaginations of the beacon and other commentators.

Net Zero means we are paying for the destruction of our economy and society in pursuit of an unachievable and pointless policy.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

3. Despite being thoroughly rejected by the electorate, they are elevated way beyond their influence to mythical status in the imaginations of the beacon and other commentators.

Here’s some more irony. The very people moaning about them all the time give them more attention and air-time than they’d ever have normally gotten. Pretty much doing their job for them in a way.

Here’s a case in point. The Gemma O Doherty thread (Part 1) had nearly 10,000 posts in it. Guess who had the most posts in it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 472 ✭✭Kraftwerk

But there are attempts here to say "oh look this agenda is using the event but lets ignore the other agendas snd pretend they dont exist"

Thats exactly what that activist blog you linked to does. It describes the left response as an "outpouring of sympathy" and then goes to lengths to call out the far right. When in reality that "outpouring of sympathy" was nothing more than an attempt to capitalise on the incident by making it about race and branding the Gardai and wider population as racists that can't stop killing black people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Low status individuals? This thread can be hilarious at times.

You highlighted that the event has been hijacked by those with agendas. Indeed we can also see that there are agendas at play that you refuse to admit.

As has been seen numerous times on this thread, the majority of people here acknowledge spin, false comparisons to create narratives and outright lies from both idiotic extremes.

I've asked you along with many other posters numerous times, your opinion on the immediate zero evidence accusations of racism against AGS actions in this incident.
    AFAICS, you have disappeared when asked and not offered your opinion on that agenda which also includes not acknowledging racism when it is clearly on display.

Majority of normal people have no time for either what is 'the right side' (is that your side?) or the other equally obnoxious, full-of-holes 'other side'.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,956 ✭✭✭mikemac2

I see Hazel had another rant at us for criticising her before finishing off with. PS I won't be resigning.

Our Lord Mayor folks.

The sheer arrogance.

Hazel Chu has one interest only and that is talking about racism.

Out of boredom a few months back I read her twitter and it was close to 20 tweets in a row on this subject

Not a word about parks, housing, new transport, recycling or anything else a Lord Mayor should be highlighting

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,161 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Well what are bogeymen for? As usual the Right On import US notions and apply them universally as a tactic to quite different cultural setups. There is a right wing in the US and a substantial one, there isn't in this country, beyond a couple of dozen on social media. That doesn't track for the Right On and it makes them scramble around with ever more screeching about redsfascists under the bed. It also handily avoids questions they don't have answers for. Though because we aren't a right wing nation shouting down anyone as right wing doesn't quite work out for them.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭TheChizler

mikemac2 wrote: »
    Hazel Chu has one interest only and that is talking about racism.

Out of boredom a few months back I read her twitter and it was close to 20 tweets in a row on this subject

Not a word about parks, housing, new transport, recycling or anything else a Lord Mayor should be highlighting
    Possibly during the topical BLM? Have a look now, it's that, housing, homeless, transport, US politics in the last few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,805 ✭✭✭hynesie08

https://mobile.twitter.com/LordMayorDublin/status/1347952637556256770

The replies are brilliant, hopefully it happens......

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

hynesie08 wrote: »
    https://mobile.twitter.com/LordMayorDublin/status/1347952637556256770

The replies are brilliant, hopefully it happens......

I nominated him just there myself. I didn’t mention anything about the incident per se but rather that he is a hard-working community servant out of work through no fault of his own and that he deserves to have a morale lift during this difficult time for him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,806 ✭✭✭take everything

biko wrote: »
    Ali Bracken writes "Eleven days ago the close-knit family of George Nkencho was forever fractured when he was shot dead outside their west Dublin home"
    but omits that George didn't live there, and the family has a protection order against him.

Ali Bracken is a serious dummy.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

Any funeral arrangements ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Acosta wrote: »
    I know that both black and white lads were in that gang. I was responding to a post that said it was a "black gang". It wasn't a black gang. It wasn't a racist attack.
    And responding to your earlier post, more traditional sounding cork accents can be heard in that clip.

How many in the gang that attacked this young fella were white? Black? The guy being stabbed had 2 other friends with him, I’d imagine they were asking the scumbag to stop. There are zero cork accents using roadman language.

Burkie1203 wrote: »

Next month is frontline workers. Could nominate the ERU Garda.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭Acosta

How many in the gang that attacked this young fella were white? Black? The guy being stabbed had 2 other friends with him, I’d imagine they were asking the scumbag to stop. There are zero cork accents using roadman language.

You're shifting the goal posts now. My post was in response to someone claiming it was a "black gang". It wasn't. Clearly the guy that attacked him is black. We know this. He is in prison. As for the accents, you can hear a guy with a Cork accent pleading with the attacker by name to stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭donkey balls

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/george-nkencho-shooting-racial-tensions-in-dublin-s-suburbs-1.4452459?mode=amp&s=08

Just read that article about St George and his friend that was killed 11 years ago, They are also showing

Acosta wrote: »
    You're shifting the goal posts now. My post was in response to someone claiming it was a "black gang". It wasn't. Clearly the guy that attacked him is black. We know this. He is in prison. As for the accents, you can hear a guy with a Cork accent pleading with the attacker by name to stop.

You said it the gang was a mix. On the day in Carrigaline, what was the breakdown of the gang? How many white scumbags were there?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭wandererz

My wife refuses to book any Nigerian taxis in the area any longer after these incidents.

Is she a racist even though she is married to a non-Irish non-White person?

wandererz wrote: »
    My wife refuses to book any Nigerian taxis in the area any longer after these incidents.

Is she a racist even though she is married to a non-Irish non-White person?

What does she think will happen?

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/george-nkencho-shooting-racial-tensions-in-dublin-s-suburbs-1.4452459?mode=amp&s=08

Just read that article about St George and his friend that was killed 11 years ago, They are also showing his friend to be another St. And the story is total BS.
    Now I'm not aware if St George was with his friend the night that he died but a gang of black youths including the lad who died robbed a lads phone while he was walking home from work,The lad went home got his brother and made their way to were the gang was, A scuffle broke out and a knife/screwdriver was pulled out by one of the black gang members, And was turned on themselves.
    Now at the time the media were all over this saying it was a racist attack etc they didn't report that the house the two Irish lads lived in was trashed by the black gang and they tried to set it on fire.
    Shortly after the incident the family moved from their 4 bed house to another part of Dublin by the councils.

• Advertisement

TheChizler wrote: »
    What does she think will happen?

Nothing much, if anything at all.
    Just a general thought that any could be related to the mobsters involved in the attacks on the Spar and the family outside the petrol station.

It's a small community.

Hence she won't be supporting them monetarily.

And from my personal experience , when speaking to people/taxi drivers their attitudes change when they know you are one of "them".

The conversation changes quite quickly when they are disarmed and the "reverse" racism comes out.

I find it surprising how I can have one conversation and then a totally different conversation with the same person when my wife or friends are around.

Nothing much, if anything at all.
    Just a general thought that any could be related to the mobsters involved in the attacks on the Spar and the family outside the petrol station.

It's a small community.

Hence she won't be supporting them monetarily.
    Well there are only so many ways to interpret treating someone unfavourably on the basis of the colour of their skin.

Well there are only so many ways to interpret treating someone unfavourably on the basis of the colour of their skin.

Not necessarily on the colour of their skin.
    I mentioned based on their nationality.

It's quite easy to recognise that based on names.

Here's one for Gogglebox Ireland producers.

Do a session on the news of the shooting and subsequent mob violence and let's see the range of responses.

Legally they're treated the same when it comes to discrimination, not that someone would be taken to court for than kind of thing. Personally I wouldn't be able to pick out a Nigerian name from a general African-sounding name.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭olestoepoke

Just read that article about St George and his friend that was killed 11 years ago, They are also showing his friend to be another St. And the story is total BS.
    Now I'm not aware if St George was with his friend the night that he died but a gang of black youths including the lad who died robbed a lads phone while he was walking home from work,The lad went home got his brother and made their way to were the gang was, A scuffle broke out and a knife/screwdriver was pulled out by one of the black gang members, And was turned on themselves.
    Now at the time the media were all over this saying it was a racist attack etc they didn't report that the house the two Irish lads lived in was trashed by the black gang and they tried to set it on fire.
    Shortly after the incident the family moved from their 4 bed house to another part of Dublin by the councils.

If that's true its sickening the way the media are behaving

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 285 ✭✭Hellokitty1212

Yes, and glossing over and excusing “die you white bastards” is not a good idea.

100% true I lived in the estate at the time.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Louis Friend

That’s an interesting point. I’m not a racist and I have nothing against black people at all. But I don’t like Nigerians, much in the same way that I don’t like Parisians.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,824 ✭✭✭irishproduce

It is much the same as the behaviour of Trump in US. Portrayal of an event in a certain way causes the audience to behave accordingly. So the media whipping up racial tensions should be held to account equally.
    It's just not in vogue is the problem

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement