Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

George Nkencho shooting *Mod warning Added to OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭TheChizler

Absolutely everything but I can see why it would be unfortunate for your point of view .
    What's my point of view?

carfinder wrote: »
    You obviously got lost and posted on the wrong thread - it is central to this conversation
    I was talking about how another poster's wife wouldn't get in a taxi if the driver had a Nigerian name. Unless the Nigerian taxi drivers in the area were part of the mob and chanting that phrase I'm not sure I see the connection.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,551 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

TheChizler wrote: »
    I was talking about how another poster's wife wouldn't get in a taxi if the driver had a Nigerian name. Unless the Nigerian taxi drivers in the area were part of the mob and chanting that phrase I'm not sure I see the connection.

What phrase?

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭carfinder

You asked its relevance to thread, have a think about that before responding!

Just saw this, probably posted already... in the video i thought you could hear the echo of the first shot, before the next 5
    A man who died after being fired at by armed Gardai outside his home was shot six times and not five as previously thought, a postmortem has reportedly found.
    George Nkencho died of two fatal gunshots to vital organs.

Five shots penetrated his torso with another passing through his arm, according to the Irish Mirror.

https://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/george-nkencho-shot-six-times-23292049

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭doublejobbing 2

bubblypop wrote: »
    It's not really a great idea, the member of the Gardai will not be going accepting medals for shooting someone.

It isn't about the individual. It's about the people of Dublin sending a message to right- on wasters like Chu, Coppinger, Smith and any other loser who picked the wrong horse in this.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Samsonsmasher

Just saw this, probably posted already... in the video i thought you could hear the echo of the first shot, before the next 5

https://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/george-nkencho-shot-six-times-23292049

This vindicates the Gardai.

For those who pointed out that the ARU train to aim for the centre mass - He WAS shot in the torso just as the ARU are trained to do.

For those who asked why couldn't they just shoot him in a limb - He WAS shot in the arm and he didn't drop the knife did he?

For those complaining about overkill - He was shot 6 times so the first 5 shots didn't take him down did they?

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Zatoichi

Ah, I see the same racist who attacked the Eurospar for daring to phone the police has turned up to protest "the racist police".

• Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

Huge gob on her.

Huge.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Zatoichi wrote: »
    Ah, I see the same racist who attacked the Eurospar for daring to phone the police has turned up to protest "the racist police".

She was the one on rte news who said "George wouldn't hurt a fly" right?
    She probably never even knew the chap lol.

Now if it is indeed the one in the same in the pic, which it bloody well looks like then she is a racist hypocrite cow.

• Advertisement

What phrase?
    This one
    Yes, and glossing over and excusing “die you white bastards” is not a good idea.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 285 ✭✭Hellokitty1212

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    No surprise there , guy works at " The Beacon "

A sort of witch hunter outfit of the far left which highlights the " far right " in Ireland

I think we may have a mole!

You asked its relevance to thread, have a think about that before responding!
    Nope I asked what connection it had to the conversation I was having with wandererz. If you can connect the specific people in the mob making that threat to Nigerian taxi drivers in North West Dublin in general then fair enough but otherwise I don't see the relevance.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

Did anyone here say anything about sticking anything to "the libs"?

Or did he just force some American ****e onto this?

Hazel should be the one to award Wayne the prize. She forgot about him the first time around so could make it right...

How's that sticking it to the "libs" whatever the **** that means in Ireland

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭strandroad

Just read that article about St George and his friend that was killed 11 years ago, They are also showing his friend to be another St. And the story is total BS.
    Now I'm not aware if St George was with his friend the night that he died but a gang of black youths including the lad who died robbed a lads phone while he was walking home from work,The lad went home got his brother and made their way to were the gang was, A scuffle broke out and a knife/screwdriver was pulled out by one of the black gang members, And was turned on themselves.

Do you have any links for that? I remember the proceedings and I don't think anyone ever questioned that the accused brought the knife himself?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭donkey balls

strandroad wrote: »
    Do you have any links for that? I remember the proceedings and I don't think anyone ever questioned that the accused brought the knife himself?

No but I lived in the estate at the time and around the corner where the attack on the Irish lads house happened, Just saw an article on the journal another love in the comments were deleted and blocked.

Nope I asked what connection it had to the conversation I was having with wandererz. If you can connect the specific people in the mob making that threat to Nigerian taxi drivers in North West Dublin in general then fair enough but otherwise I don't see the relevance.

The comment is a central theme to this entire thread - if you're having off topic conversations about something else on the thread, then maybe start a new thread old chap :cool:

I made it onto twitter, lol

Include me in the screenshot :pac:

The comment is a central theme to this entire thread - if you're having off topic conversations about something else on the thread, then maybe start a new thread old chap :cool:

People have on-topic subconversations on threads all the time, deal with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

It's a bit shitty to be trying to deny your man from being simply nominated for an award.

One can only presume there is a homophobic and ableist motive behind it ... seeing as how there was a widely shared message which described him as a gay fella with a gammy leg.

(which may or may not have been true)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52,005 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Omackeral wrote: »
    I see you're back complaining in the feedback thread about this forum rather than addressing posts put to you in rebuttal. Zero self-awareness and so much deflection.

Never heard of the feedback thread!!
    Where is it please?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Never heard of the feedback thread!!
    Where is it please?

Here you go.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭Acosta

So you were speculating when you said it was white and black thugs involved. As suspected. Please refrain from passing off speculation as fact in the future.

You call it speculation. I would call it an informed opinion based on trusted sources who live in the area, and have teenagers some of who were close enough to people involved. And of course looking at the evidence that is out there on this incident.

If you want to put a stop to speculation, I would suggest heading over to feedback, as theres hundreds of posts that should be removed from this thread if that's the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭Acosta

And again, passing speculation off as fact. You’ve no idea what the Gardai or judge believed. You only know what he was charged with and what he was sentenced to.

I've read the court report. It was about money. There was no mention of any racial motives in the attack. Nor did the family of the victim indicate this was a factor. If you have evidence that says otherwise then let's here it.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Acosta wrote: »
    You call it speculation. I would call it an informed opinion based on trusted sources who live in the area,

The boards equivalent of Mary down the road said her fella who goes out with your one from over there ,heard down the pub that your man sitting at the bar heard another fella in the jack's he knew someone who went to school with another fella who heard from his aunt twice removed you one the mad one said it true

• Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭doublejobbing 2

Bobblehats wrote: »
    Anarcho-Journalist. Founder of @thebeaconirl. He/him

Why do all these gobshiets have this gender pronoun nonsense? Nobody who proclaims this stuff should ever be taken seriously about anything.

People have on-topic subconversations on threads all the time, deal with it.

You're the one complaining or have you forgotten?:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

While we don't agree with him, it's not nice to say things like that. Plus your only giving him ammo to use against the forum and it's users.

Attack the post and not the poster. I say that respectfully.

Who was I attacking?

It was an honest question.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Twitter is a cess pool

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 472 ✭✭Kraftwerk

Imagine being such a low life that you see a bunch of people saying online that a shop worker recently assaulted and hospitalised while working in a shop during a pandemic and then ignored by public representatives when the sympathies good wishes were being doled out should be recognised and thinking its "organising to corrupt a poll".

What the **** is wrong with some of these people.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement