Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

George Nkencho shooting *Mod warning Added to OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭WrenBoy

Effects wrote: »
    Clearly seen here with his back to the Gardaí as shots are being fired. No Gardaí in front of George in this position.
    The Gardaí will state this in their reports. The coroner will state where the bullets entered the body in that report.

Stop making stuff up and wait for the full report.

BeFmt8X.png

To be fair Effects, a still image doesn't really show this is the point when the shooting started, you'd have to watch the video with audio for that and even then your trusting audio captured on a phone from a distance to be the synced accurately to show events that happened in fractions of a seconds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭ToddDameron

Being shot in the back is irrelevant though, it just means was trying to enter the house, armed and agitated, where civilians were. Shooting someone in the back is only bad form in the Wild West, not in a real world armed situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,474 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Being shot in the back is irrelevant though, it just means was trying to enter the house, armed and agitated, where civilians were. Shooting someone in the back is only bad form in the Wild West, not in a real world armed situation.

It’s completely irrelevant.

It’s mad to claim some sort of wrongdoing because he was shot in the back. WTF nutsville shît is that ?

If another nutjob came at somebody with a bladed weapon , posed a serious and imminent danger to their life... I’m pretty sure said potential victim won’t care whether the violent maniac was shot in the cerebellum, torso, front, back, wherever, as long as they are stopped.

As for Hozier ? A complete woke tone deaf dosebag... I’d bet if he was potentially a victim of a similar assault or attempted murder he’d be shouting for shots to be fired..

Great that he’s sticking up for violent criminals in front of normal citizens though ehhh... just what we need.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,474 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Why are you questioning the Gardai ?, from our all be it amateur standpoints they did nothing wrong. if he was shot...

A. To prevent him accessing a residential premises with a bladed weapon having already used it against a person...

B. To prevent injuries or death to themselves as he attacked them.

In my opinion they are 100% legal and appropriate reasons to shoot him.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

you can't make any observation from the video other than had had something in his hand and only went down for good when the last shot was fired

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭DavidLyons_

Strumms wrote: »
    As for Hozier ? A complete woke tone deaf dosebag... I’d bet if he was potentially a victim of a similar assault or attempted murder he’d be shouting for shots to be fired..

Great that he’s sticking up for violent criminals in front of normal citizens though ehhh... just what we need.

Absolutely horrendous tweet from him. And the replies from his @rse kissers... I mean fans are vomit inducing.

Not a single mention of the real victims in this sorry scenario from them either. The poor Eurospar employee hospitalised in the incident or the Guard who may well be suffering from PTSD having been forced to take another person's life in order to protect the lives of himself, his colleagues and the public at large.

There's a lot of *mod snip* virtue signaling people walking amongst us with absolutely no grasp of reality and/or how to function normally within a just society.

Hozier's tweet is up there with the tweet from John Conners when the scumbags looted the Lidl during the heavy snow a couple of years ago. Uninformed bullsh!t.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,750 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

A headline in indo...
    Candlelight vigil to be held in honour of George Nkencho

This man lost his life but I struggle to see what he is being "honoured" for given the events that led to this. There are tragic deaths all the time but few after a violent ramage. And very few get honoured whatever that means.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭WrenBoy

A headline in indo...

This man lost his life but I struggle to see what he is being "honoured" for given the events that led to this. There are tragic deaths all the time but few after a violent ramage. And very few get honoured whatever that means.

Christ.. I mean this is a public endorsement of those who endanger the public. Violent criminals are being honoured whilst everyone else is called a racist for not agreeing with it. Where am I ??

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

A headline in indo...

We can only speculate as to why they want him honoured ,but then again we previously seen Garda killers been thrown wild welcome home parties after convictions .
    Wonder if anyone on here is planning to go

You're showing your own bias there. So you can't make an observation that he has his back to the Gardaí for part of the video, but you can say he has something in his hand?

"showing my bias" because I can see there's something in his hand in the video which has of course been confirmed elsewhere to be a knife.

I'm replying to your analysis with arbitrary delays to the sound of the gunshots against the video for whether he was facing one way or another.

Of course I can say he had something in his hand in the video and equally say you can't make those extra observations about what direction he was facing at the times of different shots.

You can't make an observation about what direction he was facing by making up random audio offsets to make up for the speed of sound and the video recording desyncing them.

Do you think just because I'm able to say he had something in his hand that somehow validates your stupid breakdown. Which one of us has a bias again?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭Polar101

A headline in indo...

This man lost his life but I struggle to see what he is being "honoured" for given the events that led to this.

I think people get upset too easily.. It's just a headline in a newspaper. If the family want to have a vigil, let them. No-one here is going to attend anyway.

blah blah You just don't want to face the idea blah blah

stop pretending you can read my mind.

Your made up audio delay analysis was pure nonsense

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,161 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

WrenBoy wrote: »
    Christ.. I mean this is a public endorsement of those who endanger the public. Violent criminals are being honoured whilst everyone else is called a racist for not agreeing with it. Where am I ??
    Welcome to "multicultural" Ireland. The same nonsense goes on in other multicultural nations in western Europe, egged on by daft identity politics imported from America. White guy gets shot by the Guards? Headlines for a few days, maybe a week(QV the guy who kidnapped the woman a few years back). Black guy gets shot by the Guards? Cue outrage from the usual sources, kickback from other usual sources and it stinks up the frontpages for much much longer.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Sweet.Science

This will soon pass. The woke on social media will soon move onto something else .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭givyjoe

Polar101 wrote: »
    I think people get upset too easily.. It's just a headline in a newspaper. If the family want to have a vigil, let them. No-one here is going to attend anyway.

It's not a case of being upset, it's a case of taking issue with the false narrative that poor george is the victim in all of this. He isn't. He's dead due to his own violent behavior. There seems to be a false narrative in the media fueled by BLM, the family, friends and others that someone else to blame for George's death, he wouldn't hurt a fly etc, it was a racially motivated execution etc.

I do wonder about your last line, why do you think no one here would attend the vigil?

Well you can't explain why you ignore the obvious, when it's easily pointed out to you. :rolleyes:

I was telling you your method with making up random delays was bad. Are we still talking about that or what obvious thing am I now apparently ignoring?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,414 ✭✭✭MrMusician18

That hozier is some plonker.

Except it wasn't bad. It paints a pretty good picture of what could have happened and you just choose to not understand it. There's no point arguing with you when you only want to see what you want to see, "I just see a man swinging a massive knife".

can you try comment once without putting words in my mouth?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

What did he do ?

I wonder if a certain young Dublin busker has been called out for not posting about it

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,530 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Mod:

Guys can we try and maintain some level of civility in the thread please. Calling people 'mentally ill' for having a different opinion or describing someone as a 'slack jawed gimp' is way over the line. Discuss the topic and having robust debate is fine but there's no need to resort to that level of insults for anyone.

Leave it out and post in a civil manner. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,051 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Hozier warns "something dreadful is coming"...

Yeah his next album.

Hozier would love if Ireland really was a hotbed of racism, he could write songs about the struggles of people he'll never have to live next to who he feels he can condescend to comfortably from a distance.

The term virtue signaller is a tired one at this stage but it perfectly describes him.

Glazers Out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Absolutely horrendous tweet from him. And the replies from his @rse kissers... I mean fans are vomit inducing.

Not a single mention of the real victims in this sorry scenario from them either. The poor Eurospar employee hospitalised in the incident or the Guard who may well be suffering from PTSD having been forced to take another person's life in order to protect the lives of himself, his colleagues and the public at large.

There's a lot of *mod snip* virtue signaling people walking amongst us with absolutely no grasp of reality and/or how to function normally within a just society.

Hozier's tweet is up there with the tweet from John Conners when the scumbags looted the Lidl during the heavy snow a couple of years ago. Uninformed bullsh!t.
    He's quoting 'The Beacon' FGS.
    He appears to have nothing to contribute - where is the rationale, the logic, the calm, the objectivity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Here he is again with a statement.
    Again, surreptitiously equating the USA to Ireland in an emotional, irrational, illogical mess which helps no-one, doesn't help in anyway in combatting racism but stirs the emotions of what I can only describe as easily influenced, 'well-meaning' individuals.
    If he wants to help, he should be calling it ALL out and not heap destructive sh1t upon destructive sh1t.

https://twitter.com/Hozier/status/1349190775150702596/photo/1

°°°°°

Sir Oxman wrote: »
    Here he is again with a statement.
    Again, surreptitiously equating the USA to Ireland in an emotional, irrational, illogical mess which helps no-one, doesn't help in anyway in combatting racism but stirs the emotions of what I can only describe as easily influenced, 'well-meaning' individuals.
    If he wants to help, he should be calling it ALL out and not heap destructive sh1t upon destructive sh1t.

https://twitter.com/Hozier/status/1349190775150702596/photo/1

Hozier is a shrewd operator.

The people who share the type of opinions he's sharing through twitter are committed to supporting his career already. Not commenting on this case as some sort of evidence of serious racist issues in Ireland would have been a massive missed opportunity for him.

I sometimes wonder if he's actually committed to his causes or just seeing a gap in the market and making sure he plugs it for as much commercial success as possible.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭DavidLyons_

nullzero wrote: »
    Hozier warns "something dreadful is coming"...

Yeah his next album.

Hozier would love if Ireland really was a hotbed of racism, he could write songs about the struggles of people he'll never have to live next to who he feels he can condescend to comfortably from a distance.

The term virtue signaller is a tired one at this stage but it perfectly describes him.

Disgraceful stuff from him. Ironically he tweeted it under the guise of calling out “lies” from the mythical “far-right” and “fascists” here in Ireland. Laughable. No lies were told in defense of Mr Nchenco? Butter knife? 35 Guards?

A sheltered, cosseted, virtue signaling, ill-informed.... I’ll say no more for fear of falling foul of offending someone.

He’s very likely never met a working class white man, let alone a working class black man.

The people who kissed his ass following the tweet were more worrying. At least he has the excuse that he has been completely removed from such scenarios his whole life. What’s their excuse.

Sir Oxman wrote: »

Appealing to the "White Settled Community" what's he smoking ?

°°°°°

Disgraceful stuff from him. Ironically he tweeted it under the guise of calling out “lies” from the mythical “far-right” and “fascists” here in Ireland. Laughable. No lies were told in defense of Mr Nchenco? Butter knife? 35 Guards?

A sheltered, cosseted, virtue signaling, ill-informed.... I’ll say no more for fear of falling foul of offending someone.

He’s very likely never met a working class white man, let alone a working class black man.

The people who kissed his ass following the tweet were more worrying. At least he has the excuse that he has been completely removed from such scenarios his whole life. What’s their excuse.

The massive issues of the far right in Ireland.

The only political party in the country that meets that criteria had a pathetic showing in last year's general election, but somehow that equates to throngs of radicalised neo Nazis marching down the streets.

Facts have little value to these people, particularly in light of the fact that facts utterly destroy their arguments.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Gatling wrote: »
    Appealing to the "White Settled Community" what's he smoking ?

I see he's become a self hating racist.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 Guerillabear

Clueless forking hippy

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement