Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

George Nkencho shooting *Mod warning Added to OP*

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Samsonsmasher

This will soon pass. The woke on social media will soon move onto something else .

They are a cult. The same as the moving statue craze back in the 1980s.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭WrenBoy

Effects wrote: »
    What's majorly different between her and previous mayors?

Showing sympathy to a violent criminal and pretty much ignoring his victims until getting backlash on twitter over it then giving a lame covering her arse statement about everyone is a victim here or something like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭ToddDameron

The public system has failed mentally ill individuals in Ireland, time and time again, for decades.

Removing race from the discussion, we have seen too many tragedies as a result of the poor access to treatment in Ireland. That would be a worthwhile discussion, but it's lost in the noise of identity politics. The Gardai may not have been forced into action if mental health services were more accessible.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,551 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

Yeah, it's documented. He was on a HSE waitlist as far as I know.
    Public health system isn't that great here to be honest, you generally have to wait a long time for a lot of things.
    link?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Asus X540L

The public system has failed mentally ill individuals in Ireland, time and time again, for decades.

Removing race from the discussion, we have seen too many tragedies as a result of the poor access to treatment in Ireland. That would be a worthwhile discussion, but it's lost in the noise of identity politics. The Gardai may not have been forced into action if mental health services were more accessible.

No-one really knows jack **** about the human brain anyway.

We hear countless stories of people who are currently in treatment or "just released from the central mental hospital" who go out and do unspeakable crimes, having been given a clean bill of health by the shrinks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Yeah, it's documented. He was on a HSE waitlist as far as I know.
    Public health system isn't that great here to be honest, you generally have to wait a long time for a lot of things.

Documented where? I've not seen anything bar "mental health".

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

nullzero wrote: »
    "I'm not having police brutality in Ireland fam"

Then go to South London where people call each other fam then.

Don't forget ''feds'' and ''pussio''. Top Boy wanker.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭givyjoe

Documented where? I've not seen anything bar "mental health".

+What exactly is documented? What condition was he specifically suffering from? He could be on a waiting list arising from anxiety for all we know, still wouldn't explain or justify his violent behavior.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭ToddDameron

Asus X540L wrote: »
    No-one really knows jack **** about the human brain anyway.

We hear countless stories of people who are currently in treatment or "just released from the central mental hospital" who go out and do unspeakable crimes, having been given a clean bill of health by the shrinks.

People need to get real about mental illness too. It's not a magical suit of armour, if you are behaving dangerously and a risk to others, unfortunately action may need to be taken against you. Especially in an environment where your background is not immediately known to Gardai.

What does it even mean in this context, did he have OCD, anxiety, schizophrenia?

People need to get real about mental illness too. It's not a magical suit of armour, if you are behaving dangerously and a risk to others, unfortunately action may need to be taken against you. Especially in an environment where your background is not immediately known to Gardai.

What does it even mean in this context, did he have OCD, anxiety, schizophrenia?

Toxicology report from the post mortem will be interesting. From his sister saying he just changed as a person in the past year, it could be drug induced psychosis, which obviously wouldn't fit into the angel narrative.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭doublejobbing 2

Burkie1203 wrote: »
    "An independent public enquiry involving the family. "

We really have some awful public representatives.

https://twitter.com/JRD0000/status/1349442358211993600?s=19

The last 20 seconds, about sowing division and spreading lies, it really seems to be him talking about himself.

Something I have wondered through this. Do any of this family work? The mother, the brother threatening the Gardai, the sister who was apparently at the follow up incident at the Spar (or at least somebody there referred t them as having killed "my brother"). I've never seen a mention of George having worked.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Asus X540L

The last 20 seconds, about sowing division and spreading lies, it really seems to be him talking about himself.

Something I have wondered through this. Do any of this family work? The mother, the brother threatening the Gardai, the sister who was apparently at the follow up incident at the Spar (or at least somebody there referred t them as having killed "my brother"). I've never seen a mention of George having worked.

I'm just speculating here, but it may be the case that a lot of minority immigrants are very happy to stay on benefits, then when they are called into Turas Nua or Intreo or whatever about their efforts to gain work they claim "racism by white people" as the reason they can't get employment. The staff at said places are completely at a loss cause could you imagine if they questioned this?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

This lad needs the far right to exist or else he would have no meaning in life. The Ying to his Yang.

I think if he was in employment (or any of his family) it would have been used to help the move towards sainthood by now

One of the more recent mayors is part of a political party with multiple links to, and directed by terrorists.

So not a huge amount of difference to be honest.

For the love of god, really?

One of the more recent mayors is part of a political party with multiple links to, and directed by terrorists.

So not a huge amount of difference to be honest.

I always love when the emergency " but IRA !" button gets pushed, its a classic.

That's because you haven't been reading the papers I guess.

Could you specify which paper you read this in? Luckily most papers also produce online content, so shouldn't be too hard for you provide a few links.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Gonna poke the bear here...

How is the mental health angle a lie?

Its had absolutely no proof, it was trotted out as soon as the guy hit the floor , its the default argument of the left to wash over everything.

The irish times journo covering the story said an unnamed garda told him george was mentally ill, thats been the ‘proof’ of it. Even his own family havent been pushing that.

Its as big a lie as the 32 convictions were, the difference is we could prove the convictions were a lie.

The mental health thing will never be proved so peddling it is posting in bad faith and just a way of de-legitimising the real victim (wayne) .

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭cal naughton

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/independent-george-nkencho-postmortem-reaches-some-different-findings-family-says-1.4458376

Here we go. Different findings in the independent post mortem but fails to reveal what exactly they might be!

What do you expect? Just a white wash of their past and more recent crimes?

I love how you’re quick to forgive certain crimes.

Who said anything about forgiveness? Why do you keep posting things which others haven't said?

Another case in point.
    Or you mean you won’t accept doctors or Gardaí statements on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,805 ✭✭✭hynesie08

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/independent-george-nkencho-postmortem-reaches-some-different-findings-family-says-1.4458376

Here we go. Different findings in the independent post mortem but fails to reveal what exactly they might be!

Probably something insignificant, although this bit intrigues me
    In some fatal shootings a single bullet can pass through a limb and then into the main part of the body and one bullet can cause multiple entry or exit wounds.

So it could be as simple as the bullet in the arm went through the arm and into the torso, so there'd be an argument about whether it's 5 or 6 bullets.......

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭Morathi

We all know that the minute they take any action that those same protesters will immediately start crowing about police racism. Remember this video?

What an absolute tool. :eek:

What do you expect? Just a white wash of their past and more recent crimes?

I love how you’re quick to forgive certain crimes.

You asked why Chu is being singled out in a thread about Georhe Nkencho, I told you and you just went " Ya, but the Ra". Its the most base level deflection used on boards and usually a sign of desperation.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,072 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Have any medical records of his mental health been released? Has any psychiatrist reported that they were treating the deceased? Has anyone throwing the "mental health" card around, including his family, given any actual idea of what mental health diagnosis he had? Easy to scream "mental health", but mental health is neither a disease nor a diagnosis.

Ok but wheres the proof or evidence that its all a lie?

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

Ok but wheres the proof or evidence that its all.a lie?

russell's teapot

nullzero wrote: »
    It isn't.

The problem for the mental health argument is that it doesn't trump the fact that what George Nkencho did was a criminal act and his actions alone lead to the outcome he had.

Whilst George Nkencho may well have been suffering with his mental health, to suggest that it should have been incumbent upon the Gardai to treat him differently because of his mental health issues (which they could not have known about at the time) than what they did is ridiculous.

Why is it ridiculous though?

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Sorry, I guess I should have said of course they'll be proven. Why do YOU think they won't be proven? It's already been commented on by both doctor and Gardaí sources, so why do you think they are both mistaken?

Mistaken about what specifically? On your first question, you'll have to clarify, dont know what you mean by "..YOU think they won't be proven".

And while you're here, any chance of any link whatsoever to the papers you read documenting his mental illness?

Its had absolutely no proof, it was trotted out as soon as the guy hit the floor , its the default argument of the left to wash over everything.

The irish times journo covering the story said an unnamed garda told him george was mentally ill, thats been the ‘proof’ of it. Even his own family havent been pushing that.

Its as big a lie as the 32 convictions were, the difference is we could prove the convictions were a lie.

The mental health thing will never be proved so peddling it is posting in bad faith and just a way of de-legitimising the real victim (wayne) .

But you are the one claiming its a lie with no proof. Where is your proof its a lie? Other posters have more or less said there is no evidence but maybe you have some.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 40,457 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

they can only deal with the behaviour in front of them. They are not psychologists. Expecting them to act on an analysis of why somebody is behaving a certain way is asking too much. If somebody is an immediate threat they have to act there and then. they dont have time to do therapy sessions first.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,789 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

If you were one of the ARU there, what would you have done differently Joey?

Would you have done things differently if you knew that George Nkencho was suffering from a mental illness?

• Advertisement

Sorry, I guess I should have said of course they'll be proven. Why do YOU think they won't be proven? It's already been commented on by both doctor and Gardaí sources, so why do you think they are both mistaken?

Could we see these sources? I’ve googled it and found nothing except his sister commenting.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement