Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

George Nkencho shooting *Mod warning Added to OP*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭BryanMartin21

Interesting when something like this happens in our own country and people suddenly take the side of the police.

When it's in America, they view it differently.

It's not surprising or anything to worry about. In Ireland, policy shootings are incredibly rare so the starting position should be that they were justified.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭theguzman

Interesting when something like this happens in our own country and people suddenly take the side of the police.

It is only scum would side with scum, this was not some innocent person killed, this was a criminal on a rampage and for the Guards it was kill or have one of them stabbed and potentially killed.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,506 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Should have never got the job in the first place.

That will and should be remembered when she seeks to get elected to the dail. If I’m a politician now who would be in opposition I’m saving that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭BryanMartin21

It's not surprising or anything to worry about. In Ireland, police shootings are incredibly rare so the starting position should be that they were justified.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭CinemaGuy45

Not me George Floyd was a total scumbag.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,489 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

It's not surprising or anything to worry about. In Ireland, policy shootings are incredibly rare so the starting position should be that they were justified.

So perhaps it's time Irish people to shut up about American issues?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

Morathi wrote: »

They only mention race when it involves some happy clappy stuff. You can nearly guess the background of a serious offender now by the media NOT mentioning their names!

RTE will have him on the fkn "Peoples Angelus" if some of them had their way.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,226 ✭✭✭Padre_Pio

I thought this was an excellent tweet in response to Helen Chu:

https://twitter.com/bookmeridian/status/1344404112176275458?s=20

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,083 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

It is NYE tomorrow, media will be on the sauce. Hopefully there will be very little WOKISM over the weekend too. Media need to dial into the zeitgeist of this nation.

I will be communicating with that Greenie fecker if he stays awake for more than two hours at a stretch. They are a disgrace if they do not tell Chu to go to hell now.

Please do contact them. It is the only way they will learn that the electorate will not tolerate this type of thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,857 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

What the hell is Hazel Chu at? I seen her Twitter post earlier but now it's gone.
    What is she doing? She's had a rethink and realised her post is flaming the mob? What kind of people get these positions of authority.
    I'm not in Dublin but I'd be contacting the council if she was my mayor. She needs to be checked for that stuff.
    Whatever about Coppinger, she isn't a politician now and should be ignored but Hazel is and she carries authority by virtue of the position she's need given.

Someone probably pointed out to her that George was a psychopath who stood out for his level of violence, and was considered volatile even by organized criminals in West Dublin.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭strandroad

Or perhaps they can grasp the difference between armed vs unarmed, violent vs non-violent, detained vs charging etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,506 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

McCrack wrote: »
    We don't yet know what knowledge the Gardai had as to whether anyone was in the house or not

The house being a residential dwelling, it’s reasonable of them to assume there were.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭tdf7187

tdf7187 wrote: »
    Oh there's no great mystery to it, none at all in fact. UCD, Trinity, most if not all of third level academia are fully imbedded into the SJW establishment, along with the Irish Times and RTE. The Indo is an outlier of resistance (for the time being), though I dislike the paper for other reasons.

'Outlier of resistance' is probably the wrong turn of phrase. What I should have said was that the Indo/Sindo are populist, but they are not actively engaged in combating or resisting the SJW agenda, they just steer clear of it.

Other countries, such as the UK and USA, have an active conservative anti-SJW media - Breitbart, Spiked Online, the Spectator and numerous others. We have none, excepting perhaps the Iona Institute, which really only represents conservative Catholics. It does not represent me, and I certainly oppose the infestation of the left by SJW b.ull****. The likes of the universities, the Irish Times and RTE are not populist. They are deliberately, and intentionally, trying to change the values of society to bring them into alignment with their values. They are doing so in plain sight.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Closed for review

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,675 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Re-opening this one

I'm closing the one in Dublin City and will be going through that thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 472 ✭✭Kraftwerk

A gathering of idiots is taking place outside Blanchardstown Garda Station.

https://twitter.com/Ciara_olo/status/1344589480456564738?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 4,310 ✭✭✭Pkiernan

Kraftwerk wrote: »

Diversity is our strength!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭John Hutton

They should immediately be dispersed. No social distancing going on at all.

• “Why was George shot?”

He tried to stab at a Garda.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,800 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Is Murphy or that other clown Coppinger there?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Couldn't care less what colour of skin your man had, if you are waving a knife around threatening the lives of others (especially members of the Gardai) what else do you expect other than to be taken down, if that means fatally so be it.

This shouldn't be allowed to turn into a race issue, he was dealt with the same way your man Mark Hennessy was who killed the young lady from the Philippines -there was no racism at play in that incident either, white Irish male lunged at cops with a knife/blade - armed police responded!

It's simple really, If you're going to come here and wish to live in our society, that means accepting the laws and repercussions of threatening the lives of others.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 725 ✭✭✭ElJeffe

Time to deploy the water cannon.

They've a go fund me for his funeral costs also if anyone wants to chip in.

• McMurphy wrote: »
    Couldn't care less what colour of skin your man had, if you are waving a knife around threatening the lives of others (especially members of the Gardai) what else do you expect other than to be taken down, if that means fatally so be it.

This shouldn't be allowed to turn into a race issue, he was dealt with the same way your man Mark Hennessy was who killed the young lady from the Philippines.

There was no racism at play in that incident either. If you're going to come here and wish to live in our society, that means accept the repercussions of threatening the lives of others.

I suspect anyone claiming racism knows well enough it wasn’t, they just need something to be outraged by so they get loads of retweets and feel important.

I poked the hornets nest on Twitter yesterday before I went to bed, I don’t know if I wanna check what awaits me. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,431 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

I don’t think everyone knows what a machete is

1264321?$456$

While it’s technically a knife, it’s more like a sword, and it’s not intended for cutting or stabbing, it’s for hacking and slashing

If anyone attacks another person with a machete then their intention is to do serious brutal life changing harm to that person and if someone came at me or someone else swinging a machete and I had a gun, I don’t care what color skin he has, I’m gonna shoot him

Fann Linn wrote: »

Over €6,000 raised so far.

Over €6,000 raised so far.

I'll give it a miss Mary. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,430 ✭✭✭MrMusician18

I hate twitter.

• Akrasia wrote: »
    I don’t think everyone knows what a machete is

Tramontina-3.jpg

While it’s technically a knife, it’s more like a sword, and it’s not intended for cutting or stabbing, it’s for hacking and slashing

If anyone attacks another person with a machete then their intention is to do serious brutal life changing harm to that person and if someone came at me or someone else swinging a machete and I had a gun, I don’t care what color skin he has, I’m gonna shoot him

I think this is getting way overlooked too, there’s a huge, HUGE difference between a knife and a machete like you said.

He didn’t set out to scare he set out to harm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭SporadicMan

Fann Linn wrote: »
    No thanks, I'll use the money on a chipper instead.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement