Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

George Nkencho shooting *Mod warning Added to OP*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Jeff2

Probably worth downloading the video.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Anyone hear anything back from TDs or others

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,730 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Lone Stone wrote: »
    One of the thing's that came out of this bad situation for me, is that as some one who always voted on the left i have lost all respect for most of the people who got my vote over this, just spouting racism on their social media trying to make a racial bandwagon out of a bad situation that could not have ended any other way (i seen the video its very clear). And not a peep about white people being attacked around blanch by mobs of Nigerian teens it's a disgrace. Quick to condemn the bad white man but silence on the bad black mobs never mind the knife wielding shop theif.

Over the last 4 years or so, my own political outlook is a lot more ‘center’ then it had been before, I was always ‘left’ in my outlooks but what’s been going on in this country and some of the absolute self damaging acts, views and facilitation of the needs of complete strangers, over our own doesn’t sit well.... now we are beginning to see certain quarters reply and repay our help and generosity with not so great behavior.

Senses of entitlement from some quarters. Needs nipping in the bud.

Been given accommodation, safety, access to healthcare, free travel...

Not at all good enough apparently for some.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,866 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

As an Irish person I want us to be generous and kind to others.

My worry (actually my certainty) is that the track we are on now - we are going the same way as Sweden, UK, France...all that bullsh!it is coming here.

Look at Balbriggan - look at how fast that town has transformed beyond all recognition. Think about the speed of it. Now we have problems and roaming gangs of thugs up and down the DART line randomly assaulting children.

It's not right. It worries people. It worries me.

Now suddenly the guards are a big racist organisation? I don't want to see this bs imported here.

We haven't asked for it, we don't deserve it. The parents of these children were given sanctuary and aid in this country way beyond many others.

We should not be afraid to stand up and say that. We have nothing to apoligise for as a society.

We are all over the place. We should not be hostage to a vocal minority that get their daily piece in to the Irish Times. It's not right.

We need fair and realistic solutions.

We are not living in reality at the moment. We are creating problems for the future.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,730 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

We are getting into the situation where anybody who lands here, from a troubled place of origin.... they get, free healthcare, free money, free accommodation, free supports..

No place else can that happen..

From min one it’s all free,

In my house I get to choose who I let in the door, choose who I help, feed or accommodate and accept... but in OUR country, us the taxpayers, with a logical and sovereign right... you would think, but in fact we have zero rights...

I’ll be giving it four or five years post brexit and seeing how that runs... ‘ not immediately favorably I’d imagine but let’s see,

I actually fear for this country and Europe in 20 years, I fear for US...Irish citizens... I don’t envision us in great shape, economically, socially or security... love to be wrong but, I predict a shîtshorm...when a government or politics is batting for outsiders before citizens... we got trouble and we’ll have more...

I don’t see this country as a very fair democracy anymore. Governments and politicians here are not for us, for Ireland, they are for the EU mindset, careerist nothings...trouble loves us, more is coming.

Post covid, this country will be on its backside like never before... I’d give it a week before the first arrivals are welcomed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Mod

Can we keep this on topic. There is a thread for generic multiculturalism issues.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭doublejobbing 2

This is worrying from a policing perspective.
    Impressionable people will start to believe the Gardai are institutionally racist, they're gunning down innocent black men, and will see them as their enemy, a target, exacerbating already possibly strained relations.

Several politicians, the media and sundry fools have utterly failed in their duty to ensure the narrative has some regard to truth, not just jump on a bandwagon. They should be assuring the new Irish that the police aren't institutionally racist, that there is due process, that an investigation must be allowed run its course, that law and order are important to the fabric of our society.

I hope the PBPs, the Hozier types etc really suffer due to their reckles actions.

If you are living in a 330K semi detached home in one of the safer parts of Blanchardstown (and area with its share of sketchy estates), that your voluntarily unemployed mother pays 30 euro per week for, and you think Ireland discriminates against you and your people, we have failed as a society by pandering to this nonsense.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 285 ✭✭Hellokitty1212

If you are living in a 330K semi detached home in one of the safer parts of Blanchardstown (and area with its share of sketchy estates), that your voluntarily unemployed mother pays 30 euro per week for, and you think Ireland discriminates against you and your people, we have failed as a society by pandering to this nonsense.

If you have all that and yet cannot behave to the basic standards of decency and obey our laws - we are wrong to not apply any penalties to you if we fear being called racists after doing so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,640 ✭✭✭Hamachi

Frankly, the attitude of massive entitlement has always been there. The ‘George N’ event has just added tinder to the fire and exposed the mentality to a far wider audience.

Most people in this community do not see his passing as a tragic event. Reactions range from total indifference to a relief that a disturbed, aggressive man is no longer a danger to society.

The background from which the deceased originally hails, is particularly numerous in this part of Dublin. The attitudes discussed above have been well known here for years. That community is generally given a wide berth, not just by Irish people, but also by the other ethnicities in the area.

It certainly doesn’t bode well for a cohesive, harmonious future.

Hamachi wrote: »

Most people in this community do not see his passing as a tragic event. Reactions range from total indifference to a relief that a disturbed, aggressive man is no longer a danger to society.

This speaks volumes about the disconnect between radical left politicians and the working class people they claim to represent.

If I went into the lunch room on the sites I work on and started banging on about how Ireland has a racism problem and that Nkencho was murdered, and that the attacks on buses and the siege at the Eurospar are what happens when a vulnerable group is marginalised by society, I would be laughed out of the place.

If I banged on about all of this in a taxi the driver would probably stop the car and tell me to get out.

Working class people, who have to break their bollix to get anything in this life, don't understand how and why people who have contributed FA somehow manage to either live next door or live in a better neighbourhood than the one they have had to put in the work to be allowed live in. It is bad enough when these wasters are from this country, as there isn't really any other option but to let them live on the streets, which would only make them more feral.

But when the issue comes from outside, when a literal 500,000, maybe 1 million plus budget negative clan can just disembark off a plane, it is absolute madness.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭1874

sonofenoch wrote: »
    Impressionable fools, just following a movement they see on social media and tv .......lets be honest back in his home country he'd probably have been beaten to death by a mob, that's how justice is dealt in such countries and one of the many reasons they're over here in the first place .....corrupt police corrupt governing, how many people are killed by the police in African countries? no justice no peace

What I found astonishing was an Organisation of a foreign nation (Nigeria) made a statement, condemning the incident, but there was no mention the guy was brandishing a weapon whatsoever, when they themselves (Nigeria) have an appalling record with Police shootings, where there looks to be a genuine cases of multiple shootings and deaths by police.
    I've read of a few incidents, were multiple people have been shot for protesting, here we have had a clear case of someone brandishing a weapon, committing assault, refusing to comply with instuctions to drop a weapon, it looks apparent that he was in the process of attacking the Gardai, had some kind of restraining or barring order from his own family?? its ridiculous.

On the statement itself, I would have thought the Nigerian ambassador should have been called to receive a complaint and deal with the organisation making comments.

Rezident wrote: »
    Well said. A few of us are saying that privately but afraid to publicly say it because we know we will be attacked with the inevitable false accusations of racism. It's a powerful weapon! No wonder some people keep using it.

That youtube stuff is painful to listen to, outright misrepresenting what occurred and what the person was involved in, unless of course he thinks going down to the local shops with an edged weapon to make withdrawals is ok.

If this Nations multicuturist policy has lead to this, then we need to curtail all immigration where someone has not been invited here in a professional capacity until we fix this situation, because I think we are throwing good money after bad if anyone thinks they are being hard done by.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 659 ✭✭✭Johnny Jukebox

This speaks volumes about the disconnect between radical left politicians and the working class people they claim to represent.

The radical left in Ireland represent the welfare class, not the working class.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

We’re getting in to bed with all the wrong people. Establishing relations with all the wrong nations these peoples aren’t possible to consider in terms of individual cases; they’re not unique. There’s just too many they’re not “minorities” in terms of their country of origin.... we are unique; absolutely and we should be seeking to keep it that way.

Sheer numbers of these people with the keyword ‘Ireland’ now being relayed / retweeted around their circles; their countries their continents for one reason or another. Whether to condemn or exploit this isn’t how it was supposed to be.... this isn’t how we put ourselves on the map it is an absolute disaster in effect, and we should be shutting up shop and aiming for damage control.

But when the issue comes from outside, when a literal 500,000, maybe 1 million plus budget negative clan can just disembark off a plane, it is absolute madness.

Indeed. The mind boggles.

Given the duel economic shocks that Ireland is facing in the form of Brexit and a prolonged Covid-induced recession, I expect that the Irish people will not be as tolerant of future governments who are hopelessly profligate with our money.

The radical left in Ireland represent the welfare class, not the working class.

And totally invested in defending the integrity of ostensibly model citizens, who visit the local shops carrying sharp implements, but are otherwise unarmed.

That’s the level of lunacy propagated by Coppinger, Ruane, Smith, Chu, Murphy et al. Fingers crossed that this merry band of sub-par politicians are severely punished they next time they have the audacity to come begging for votes.

And totally invested in defending the integrity of ostensibly model citizens, who visit the local shops carrying sharp implements, but are otherwise unarmed.

That’s the level of lunacy propagated by Coppinger, .

Thankfully no longer actually a politician. Just doesn't seem to have realised it yet. Absolutely despised in her own community in Mulhuddart for failing to support the House the Irish First protest. Supporting gangs of unemployable, feral wasters attacking buses, passers by and local shops will put a further nail in the coffin of her career.

There really should be some sort of fitness to serve audit taken of this yoke. Her divisive, hate filled rhetoric on social media is pretty inappropriate for her current job as a teacher.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,487 ✭✭✭donkey balls

Thankfully no longer actually a politician. Just doesn't seem to have realised it yet. Absolutely despised in her own community in Mulhuddart for failing to support the House the Irish First protest. Supporting gangs of unemployable, feral wasters attacking buses, passers by and local shops will put a further nail in the coffin of her career.

There really should be some sort of fitness to serve audit taken of this yoke. Her divisive, hate filled rhetoric on social media is pretty inappropriate for her current job as a teacher.

Wonder did she go back to her Teaching job, I mentioned it a few pages back about residents in the estate i lived in asking her for help regarding mgmt companies, She or less told them to f**k off as it was a private estate.
    So in the estate you have people that bought houses and paying mortgages working their asses of in the first place to save for the deposit.Then you have the likes of George and family who were giving houses for free.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭1874

Indeed. The mind boggles.

Given the duel economic shocks that Ireland is facing in the form of Brexit and a prolonged Covid-induced recession, I expect that the Irish people will not be as tolerant of future governments who are hopelessly profligate with our money.

Whether we are intolerant of it or not doesnt seem to be heeded, I dont think the electorate ever was heeded, except around election time.
    They can say what they want and then if they get in, do what they like afterwards.
    I suspect Politicians will forge ahead with virtue signalling vanity politics rather than deal with anything realistically or effectively involved with actual leadership.
    There is no one to hold them to account, there are few options for people to vote for, who arent in some way aligned.

Very seriously considering just spoiling all my votes from now on in and writing "fcuk the lot of you, none of you represent me" because its about as much use.

1874 wrote: »
    There is no one to hold them to account, there are few options for people to vote for, who arent in some way aligned.

Very seriously considering just spoiling all my votes from now on in and writing "fcuk the lot of you, none of you represent me" because its about as much use.

Thats the worst thing you can do.

Vote for the people you dislike less if there's no one you actually like. Keep your vote travelling between them, it will do more damage to those you dislike

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭nialler1978

Look up the twitter of that journo.. he was retweeting the mental health angle from day 1, the guy has no facts, printing that a ‘garda’ told him is not proof, he’s been peddling the lie since he could

Article closes with:

"Black Irish young people often engage with Garda youth projects more than white young people in areas such as Ongar, Clonee, Phibblestown and Tyrrelstown, the Garda added. "

No figures, no stats, no verifiable source, no nothing. Just 'a garda' who has worked so extensively with youth projects in areas so vast covering Ongar, Clonee, Phibblestown (which is actually within Ongar so I am not sure why it is mentioned separately, only explanation being authour of article hasn't a breeze and doesn't make any attempt to verify or research statements given or, the more likely, this is a steaming pile of sh*te) and Tyrrelstown.

This Garda must be absolutely flat out doing the day jobs and working in all these areas on youth projects seeing as they are 100% confident the the young black Irish are far more active than the "white young people", although no figures are provided, just a sweeping statement.

This isn't journalism, this is absolute muck. Furthermore, these articles really need to be brought to task, this is very dangerous stuff and is creating a divide that did not exist, and more importantly labelling the Gardaí as some oppressive racist force. I feel as offended by this sh*te from the Irish Times as I would by some extremist KKK hate speech or articles supporting persecution of black people because of the colour of their skin alone.

*By the way, I only read the last line of the column by chance as I glanced because I wanted to see who the journalist was and what area he worked in. I can only imagine what the rest of this sh*t was claiming. Awful stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,841 ✭✭✭TomTomTim

Article closes with:

"Black Irish young people often engage with Garda youth projects more than white young people in areas such as Ongar, Clonee, Phibblestown and Tyrrelstown, the Garda added. "

No figures, no stats, no verifiable source, no nothing. Just 'a garda' who has worked so extensively with youth projects in areas so vast covering Ongar, Clonee, Phibblestown (which is actually within Ongar so I am not sure why it is mentioned separately, only explanation being authour of article hasn't a breeze and doesn't make any attempt to verify or research statements given or, the more likely, this is a steaming pile of sh*te) and Tyrrelstown.

This Garda must be absolutely flat out doing the day jobs and working in all these areas on youth projects seeing as they are 100% confident the the young black Irish are far more active than the "white young people", although no figures are provided, just a sweeping statement.

This isn't journalism
    , this is absolute muck. Furthermore, these articles really need to be brought to task, this is very dangerous stuff and is creating a divide that did not exist, and more importantly labelling the Gardaí as some oppressive racist force. I feel as offended by this sh*te from the Irish Times as I would by some extremist KKK hate speech or articles supporting persecution of black people because of the colour of their skin alone.

*By the way, I only read the last line of the column by chance as I glanced because I wanted to see who the journalist was and what area he worked in. I can only imagine what the rest of this sh*t was claiming. Awful stuff.

The Irish media class would put Pravda to shame. Our nation would be a far healthier place without these activists constantly agitating under the veneer of journalism.

“The man who lies to himself can be more easily offended than anyone else. You know it is sometimes very pleasant to take offense, isn't it? A man may know that nobody has insulted him, but that he has invented the insult for himself, has lied and exaggerated to make it picturesque, has caught at a word and made a mountain out of a molehill--he knows that himself, yet he will be the first to take offense, and will revel in his resentment till he feels great pleasure in it.”- ― Fyodor Dostoevsky, The Brothers Karamazov

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,487 ✭✭✭donkey balls

TomTomTim wrote: »
    The Irish media class would put Pravda to shame. Our nation would be a far healthier place without these activists constantly agitating under the veneer of journalism.

My da calls RTE TASS news agency.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Mod:

Final warning - stay on topic or cards and threadbans will follow - there is a multicuturalism thread for the off topic discussion taking place at the moment.

This thread is only concerned with the shooting of George N'Kencho. Anything else goes in the multiculturalism thread - I am tired of having to post this warning.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,790 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Burkie1203 wrote: »

From her blog
    My junior infant and pre-schooler do not know how cruel the world is for people who look like them, not yet. One day they will read what I am reading and my heart shatters thinking of its impact. The knowledge that I can only protect them for so long means life is often filled with tears of nervous anxiety and questions like “am I doing enough?”. Every day I plant seeds of future self-love, tolerance and equality, I water them, I help them to bloom. I tell them our body is our shell and shells come in different colours, shapes and sizes. Some are big some are small, some are black, some are brown, some beige and some are white. And most importantly we can’t tell anything about a person from looking at their shell. Shells are just houses for the people inside them. We are all unique and we are all worthy. Black shells are beautiful, Brown shells are beautiful. All shells are equal. My one great wish is that mothers of white children would start to teach their own children the same because my lived experience and the experience of many others affected by racism would suggest that racism is being actively thought and rarely countered, the responses to George’s death is certainly a cruel indictment of that.

She's clearly unwell. I'll say it again- nobody on the left is the full shilling. They are virtually all deeply unhappy people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

There are quite a number of GoFundMe's for George

Legal Fund for BLM #JusticeForGeorge Protestors - 10,000 target, nothing yet
    George Nkencho commemorative plaque - 900 target, nothing yet.
    etc

I don't find the original funeral page.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 472 ✭✭Kraftwerk

biko wrote: »
    There are quite a number of GoFundMe's for George

Legal Fund for BLM #JusticeForGeorge Protestors - 10,000 target, nothing yet
    George Nkencho commemorative plaque - 900 target, nothing yet.
    etc

I don't find the original funeral page.

The last I seen of the original one it had reached about 22k, the target was changed to 30k and the description changed from helping pay for the funeral to help cover legal fees.

There was a second one that was at about 1500 quid too. At one point there were 9 pages but only the first two were funded.

I presume the first two were cashed out.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 285 ✭✭Hellokitty1212

Kraftwerk wrote: »
    The last I seen of the original one it had reached about 22k, the target was changed to 30k and the description changed from helping pay for the funeral to help cover legal fees.

There was a second one that was at about 1500 quid too. At one point there were 9 pages but only the first two were funded.

I presume the first two were cashed out.

How is the one going for the shop manager?? More worthy in my opinion than an armed ruffian.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 472 ✭✭Kraftwerk

How is the one going for the shop manager?? More worthy in my opinion than an armed ruffian.

Almost at the 15k goal.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/support-wayne-in-his-recovery?qid=b2cf5311e201ff195fe32b3a89afc45f

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭Meeoow

Kraftwerk wrote: »

I doubt they will have legal fees. Will this qualify for free legal aid?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement