Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

George Nkencho shooting *Mod warning Added to OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭sterz

Akrasia wrote: »
    I don’t think everyone knows what a machete is

1264321?$456$

While it’s technically a knife, it’s more like a sword, and it’s not intended for cutting or stabbing, it’s for hacking and slashing

If anyone attacks another person with a machete then their intention is to do serious brutal life changing harm to that person and if someone came at me or someone else swinging a machete and I had a gun, I don’t care what color skin he has, I’m gonna shoot him

Fair enough but he was not armed otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,676 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

TallGlass2 wrote: »
    Mindboggling.

Where is the page for the lads face his slashed open? Left with life changing injuries...

Didn't hear the deceased has done this.
    This guy needs to come out and show his injuries when he is able to, to show what this thug done.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,193 ✭✭✭Be right back

Mindboggling.

Where is the page for the lads face his slashed open? Left with life changing injuries...

Hopefully there will be one set up for him. Will definitely contribute to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭SporadicMan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

“Why was George shot?”

He tried to stab at a Garda.

Stating facts and being rational is racist, #youarewayworsethanhitler

• Registered Users Posts: 56,479 ✭✭✭✭walshb

McMurphy wrote: »

This shouldn't be allowed to turn into a race issue, he was dealt with the same way your man Mark Hennessy was who killed the young lady from the Philippines.

You are dead right.

But it will be exploited and turned into a race issue by absolute troublemakers and ignoramuses and anti establishment and anarchists and all around lowlifes...

Some of these people very influential, and disguising their vitriol as care and compassion and wanting to better society...

Dangerous people.

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭TallGlass2

NIMAN wrote: »
    Didn't hear the deceased has done this.
    This guy needs to come out and show his injuries when he is able to, to show what this thug done.

'In one incident, a staff member in the EuroSpar received facial injuries. That man is receiving treatment in hospital for his injuries.'

https://www.thejournal.ie/man-shot-dublin-garda-firearm-5313000-Dec2020/

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Me_Grapes

Over €6,000 raised so far.

Fools and their money

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Gruffalux

Wonder how many Irish people have signed it.

Seems like the black community in the UK and the US have taken over this incident.

I see lots of Irish names. I would say it will be a huge thing among young people to get on board.

• Advertisement

Fann Linn wrote: »
    They've a go fund me for his funeral costs also if anyone wants to chip in.

I’d happily chip in to a go fund me for the security guard that the dead **** attacked. Yer mans funeral costs though, **** him.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,341 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Impossible to judge from what we've seen but this isn't like the US where every wacko cop with a grudge has a gun. The armed response unit are well trained and well equipped to deal with incidents like this. Pepper spray and tasers were used before the armed response unit were called out.

I find it a stretch to think that there's a racial element here, based solely on what's out in the public domain.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭completedit

I get sad thinking about the world of tomorrow. I only see more negativity, more polarization , more exploitation etc. Twitter is terrible because you have the worst kind of people; people with no love, no compassion, no empathy who just jump on the new cause of the week and then once the ****show subsides, it's over. True compassion would be to understand the action of the Garda but also understand that this man was also someone's brother, son, husband, etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭CrazyFather1

Gruffalux wrote: »

So? every 30 sec some clown loads up one of those. They had one recently to remove the cycle lane in parts of Dublin. Virus and people have f**k all to do

• I hate twitter.

Same. Just went on and saw someone (with obviously little else better to do) tweet at me for no good reason other than I disagree this was a racially charged shooting - calling me ever name under the sun.

Sure that’s surely making me dead wrong isn’t it!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,461 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

They should immediately be dispersed. No social distancing going on at all.

Ooh that's racist.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

McMurphy wrote: »
    Couldn't care less what colour of skin your man had...

Anyone with a brain is the same. The BLM tie-in is so irrelevant that it's ridiculous. Anybody using it is a deluded idiot or, quite ironically, a racist.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,517 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

'In one incident, a staff member in the EuroSpar received facial injuries. That man is receiving treatment in hospital for his injuries.'

From, as has been widely reported, a punch.

Am yet to hear any reports or evidence of him slashing anyone's face. Do share of you turn anything up though.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

My thoughts are with the Gardai at this time.

I hope they know those they protect from knife wielding arseholes all over the country appreciate them and trust they would have de escalated if possible

I find it a stretch to think that there's a racial element here, based solely on what's out in the public domain.

+1

There is absolutely no racial element whatsoever....

The issue is so simple: Maniac intent on committing crime and terrorizing people threatens human life. People charged with protecting human life intervene to take out this threat. Taken out after using other means first.

• Advertisement

Over €6,000 raised so far.

Fools and their money.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

Not trying to defend, but there's no confirmation that he was attacked with a knife, people spreading rumours here and them complaining about Twitter should get lost.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭youtube!

Bonniedog wrote: »

You sound positively gleeful at the prospect ...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 725 ✭✭✭ElJeffe

Fann Linn wrote: »
    They've a go fund me for his funeral costs also if anyone wants to chip in.

Any Go Fund me page for the security guard who got his head kicked in by this thug? I'd make a donation to that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,193 ✭✭✭Be right back

What does she think the guards were doing? They were trying to protect people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Omackeral wrote: »
    Fools and their money.

Less to be spend on Dutch gold.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,841 ✭✭✭TomTomTim

There's no proof that the vast majority of similar American cases are racially motivated either, but that doesn't stop the likes of you jumping on said bandwagon. As a matter of basic decency, nothing should be blamed on race unless there's evidence, as race based accusation are a rapid way to tear society apart. Ireland is morphing into little America and "social justice" is one of the main accelerators.

“The man who lies to himself can be more easily offended than anyone else. You know it is sometimes very pleasant to take offense, isn't it? A man may know that nobody has insulted him, but that he has invented the insult for himself, has lied and exaggerated to make it picturesque, has caught at a word and made a mountain out of a molehill--he knows that himself, yet he will be the first to take offense, and will revel in his resentment till he feels great pleasure in it.”- ― Fyodor Dostoevsky, The Brothers Karamazov

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

So this is what the SJW thinks is ok?

Sorry, but if you go around threatening people with a knife and then threaten armed police you will get shot. Simples.
    Mr Nkencho was involved in two separate incidents in the Hartstown Shopping Centre at around 12.15pm.

In both instances, he had threatened members of the public with a knife.

In one incident, a staff member in the EuroSpar received facial injuries.

Has anyone wondered about why he carried around a knife/machete?

What does she think the guards were doing? They were trying to protect people.

Leo, and others (in responsible positions) should lay the fook off social media here....no matter what they post here.....just put the fooking internet down...

FFS, what is it with society today?

Standards are gone....absolute gone...

Allow proper due process take place....

• Advertisement

walshb wrote: »
    You are dead right.

But it will be exploited and turned into a race issue by absolute troublemakers and ignoramuses and anti establishment and anarchists and all around lowlifes...

Some of these people very influential, and disguising their vitriol as care and compassion and wanting to better society...

Dangerous people.

Spot on. It's these idiots that will cause resentment among placid people. F*cking arseholes.

For what it's worth, I absolutely understand the family and friends being upset and in a state of shock/anger/grief, even though it's the lads own doing ultimately. It's the **** jumping on board that I despise most of all.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement