Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

George Nkencho shooting *Mod warning Added to OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭TallGlass2

From, as has been widely reported, a punch.

Am yet to hear any reports or evidence of him slashing anyone's face. Do share of you turn anything up though.
    beno619 wrote: »
    Not trying to defend, but there's no confirmation that he was attacked with a knife, people spreading rumours here and them complaining about Twitter should get lost.

Defend the funeral costs all you want lads!

I deleted my post, couldn't find info to back it up.

I thought I read it online.

Anyway, seems getting punched in the face while working is fair game....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭JackieChang

I saw the video and it looks like he was shot in the back first. This seems to have provoked the guy and then he went to slash the Garda.

Nothing to do with race. Let's pretend he was an alien from mars.

Just asking for opinions on the Garda and the first shot. For those who have seen the video. Was that justified?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭ratracer

beno619 wrote: »
    Not trying to defend, but there's no confirmation that he was attacked with a knife, people spreading rumours here and them complaining about Twitter should get lost.

There was a link here to a member of staff that was in the shop at the time of the assault/ robbery.

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Parachutes

You can't stop black people from committing crimes. It's racist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Parabellum9

What does she think the guards were doing? They were trying to protect people.

They all seem so concerned with what his name is, a scumbag is a scumbag and one that ends up getting shot dead by gardai is a stupid one. It doesn’t matter what his name was, wouldn’t matter in either scenario.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,457 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

I saw the video and it looks like he was shot in the back first. This seems to have provoked the guy and then he went to slash the Garda.

Just asking for opinions on the Garda and the first shot. For those who have seen the video. Was that justified?
    Warning shot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭CrazyFather1

Did he not provoke the Garda when he attacked someone in a shop and then walk around for 2 hours with a large knife? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,193 ✭✭✭Be right back

ratracer wrote: »
    There was a link here to a member of staff that was in the shop at the time of the assault/ robbery.

This.

• Registered Users Posts: 56,479 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Did he not provoke the Garda when he attacked someone in a shop and then walk around for 2 hours with a large knife? :confused:

No no no

He was heading home minding his own business...

Damn Gardai trailing him is what caused all this...

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 56,479 ✭✭✭✭walshb

You mean the present! They're here!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 253 ✭✭Beltby

I've already said it, but the video was taken from a distance away. The noise of the shots would be delayed. Have you factored that in?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭completedit

Is everything just viewed through the lens of oppression and injustice? To me that's perpetuating the racist structures that you claim to be against. Black people to the SJW seem to always be the victims of unfair and overhanded police brutality. They aren't viewed as criminals or scumbags and it seems their actions are given a free pass because of their skin color.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,517 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

TallGlass2 wrote: »
    Defend the funeral costs all you want lads!

I deleted my post, couldn't find info to back it up.

I thought I read it online.

Anyway, seems getting punched in the face while working is fair game....

Where did I defend the funeral costs? Where did I say getting punched in the face is fair game?

You've already acknowledged you've removed one post because your were talking complete ****e. Now you've started again.

(For what it's worth, funerals are expensive. I've no issue whatsoever with anyone wanting to help his family out with the costs and don't understand why people would be so outraged by it)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,544 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

That's some level of stupid right there.

All eyes on Kursk. Slava Ukraini.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,548 ✭✭✭Topgear on Dave

That's some level of stupid right there.

That amount of stretch could lead to really nasty injury :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,360 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

She needs an extra large tin foil hat what with that barnet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Absolute nuts isn't it.

Yeah the Klu Klax Klan have had a huge historical following here in Ireland. We go to mass on a Sunday morning, after that dress up with the bedsheets and go marching and burning a few crosses. Finish off the day by going to the local GAA match. A great Irish Sunday for all the family.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭Infernal Racket

And to address the other questions about tasers and pepper spray -

Again, you guys need to start realising the difference between a film and real life. Yeah sure enough criminal minds or something you see the taser comes out and the lads down foaming at the mouth and all the fbi and police are high fiving and celebrating another criminal off the streets, or pepper spray same idea images of your man rolling around clawing his eyes out.

Thing is in real life this isn’t how it always goes down. If your man was off his head on coke for example a taser and pepper spray could amount to nothing but more aggressive behaviour, he had a deadly weapon, the Garda responded with a deadly weapon. He tried to stab a Garda he deserved to get shot, simple as that.

George floyd was not resisting his arrest and his only capital crime was pleading for the cop to loosen the pressure on his neck and screaming and crying for his mama. He didn’t deserve to die. This clown allegedly stabbed a shop owner or manager and swung a knife at guards, if that’s what actually happened and the evidence and reports point to it without much doubt, then he absolutely deserved the bullet.

Now, to address once more why the Garda didn’t aim for the leg or arm, that’s simple - when being trained to handle firearms you are specifically trained NEVER to shoot the limbs or head because the bullet can either miss OR completely pass through the target and possibly hit someone else rendering a suspect wounded (and even potentially still able to attack) and possibly someone else dead or wounded also.

When they discharge their weapon, it’s to protect themselves and those around them, you’re job at that point is not to protect the criminal charging you with a knife. Shooting him in the arm and all the police piling in for the arrest is again, Hollywood crap, it’s not how real policing works.

Think about how often you hear of someone being shot by gardai over here before you start accusing them of being too trigger happy or mad to kill folks just for the sake of it.

The Garda who pulled the trigger is going to spend the rest of his life remembering what he’s done, he will carry the guilt of taking another life to his grave. You never get over it, you could kill 1000 criminals and they’ll still feel bad. Whatever he was he had a potential for a good life going forward if he chose to, however he made a conscious choice to attack gardai with a knife and is now dead.

The same fcuking clowns who defend this lad would be lamenting the gardai if they had shot him in the limbs and he kept going and attacked another person before being subdued. Real easy to sit here and say how they should’ve handled it, any of ye would’ve píssed your bloody pants at the sight of someone charging you with a knife.

And this is it in a nutshell.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

People love to be victims.

They don't care about the people George attacked in the shopping centre. They don't care about the Garda that was attacked. They care only about themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Parachutes

Is everything just viewed through the lens of oppression and injustice? To me that's perpetuating the racist structures that you claim to be against. Black people to the SJW seem to always be the victims of unfair and overhanded police brutality. They aren't viewed as criminals or scumbags and it seems their actions are given a free pass because of their skin color.

SJW types and their ilk are the most closeted racists out there. They view everything through the "lens" of racial injustice and skin colour. Their attempts to 'help' minorities are just a modern day version of a white colonial in Africa trying to 'help' the natives.

• Registered Users Posts: 675 ✭✭✭Gary kk

Beltby wrote: »
    I've already said it, but the video was taken from a distance away. The noise of the shots would be delayed. Have you factored that in?

I just watched a video I heard a shot before he left the door way to lunge at the garda. It was only 11 seconds long so didn't see anything either side off event.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Leafyellow111

The reason one side is saying it's racist and the other side is saying it's not is because they have different meanings of the word. Most Irish people don't believe it is racist because there was obvious context to why the shooting happened. Africans (and woke Irish people) see it as racist because they see it as someone in their group being killed by someone not from their group, it doesn't matter who was right or wrong they will stick up for their own against the other. This is an alien concept to Irish people (and most white people).

If you just boil it down to that the whole thing makes alot more sense, instead of looking at the mental gymnastics. I'm not trying to cause animosity, I'm just saying what I believe to be true.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,936 ✭✭✭enricoh

Over €6,000 raised so far.

Double bubble on the dole/ disability last week helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,841 ✭✭✭TomTomTim

She has an Amazon link to Ebun's book in her bio. We're importing radicalism and told to shut our eyes to the effects of said radicalism. Many people seen this coming, yet many chose to ignore it.

“The man who lies to himself can be more easily offended than anyone else. You know it is sometimes very pleasant to take offense, isn't it? A man may know that nobody has insulted him, but that he has invented the insult for himself, has lied and exaggerated to make it picturesque, has caught at a word and made a mountain out of a molehill--he knows that himself, yet he will be the first to take offense, and will revel in his resentment till he feels great pleasure in it.”- ― Fyodor Dostoevsky, The Brothers Karamazov

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭Infernal Racket

Gatling wrote: »
    There is better ways

What are these better ways Gatling?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

The Greens are all creaming themselves defending this criminal.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,677 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Is she posting her own personal opinions using an IrelandInMusic account?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,936 ✭✭✭enricoh

Who's yer one with the mop? She wants to defund the gardai now ! U couldn't make it up!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement