Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

George Nkencho shooting *Mod warning Added to OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

They should immediately be dispersed. No social distancing going on at all.

And deported in probably a lot of cases.

I wonder which of our Victorian missionary reds and shinners will turn up?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Is everything just viewed through the lens of oppression and injustice?

By the dangerous idiots who currently dictate out public discourse, yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,431 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Gary kk wrote: »
    I just watched a video I heard a shot before he left the door way to lunge at the garda. It was only 11 seconds long so didn't see anything either side off event.

The fact that the video was only 11 seconds long is a massive red flag

• Registered Users Posts: 6,908 ✭✭✭ebbsy

brilou23 wrote: »
    Was he not swinging a knife at the cops. If he was it's justified IMO.

What else needs to be said.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Samsonsmasher

So many experts on taking down armed suspects who never go for a run or lift weights or were never in a fight in their lives who know better than courageous people who train to do an extremely dangerous job and are prepared to lay their lives down for the safety of our country.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Really kicking off at Blanch Garda Station with them all charging at the doors. Got it on WhatsApp. At the least, it's going to give the virus a great shot in the arm.

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭carq

Will be watching the reaction of a lot of politicians on this with interest.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭paw patrol

I hope people take note of the race baiters at this time making capital out of this incident people like hazel chu , paul murphy and conor gallagher (journo) etc....and do not support them in the future.

Ireland deserves more than these ****wits milking this and raising racial tensions where none existed.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

It's reassuring to see that there are at least 307 sane people left in Ireland.

537767.PNG

• Registered Users Posts: 6,908 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Telly wrote: »
    He stabbed the manager of the shop then tried to stab the cops. I’ve seen the videos. He was a danger and needed to be stopped. He should have dropped the knife. But he didn’t and now he’s dead. One less robbing scumbag on the streets!

Correct.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,672 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Can't believe some of the nonsense posted in that Twitter account.

"Today The story of #GeorgeNkencho has shook the nation of Ireland . Innocent unarmed person of colour, murdered in broad daylight by an inherently white supremacist police force. He was a loving and caring individual who brought great happiness to his community"

"was a good man. some are focusing on his actions of today, but don’t fall into that trap. Think about the joy and happiness he brought to the world through his very presence as a human being. over 27 years he brought smiling and laughter."

Absolute nuts isn't it.

Yeah the Klu Klax Klan have had a huge historical following here in Ireland. We go to mass on a Sunday morning, after that dress up with the bedsheets and go marching and burning a few crosses. Finish off the day by going to the local GAA match. A great Irish Sunday for all the family.

*Duelling banjos playing in my head*

cork-gaa-vow-to-have-confederate-flags-confiscated.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,043 ✭✭✭✭briany

If the person writing that tweet believes what they're saying, then they're clearly suffering delusions and aren't worth listening to. It's too reminiscent of that scene in Bowfinger where Eddie Murphy's character scans a movie script for the letter 'K' and finds that it appears in a number divisible by 3, which means "KKK" appears in the script however many times.

To try and take a more nuanced view, it's a crap situation for all directly involved in the incident. I don't think anyone's waking up the morning feeling great from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 56,474 ✭✭✭✭walshb

paw patrol wrote: »
    I hope people take note of the race baiters at this time making capital out of this incident people like hazel chu , paul murphy and conor gallagher (journo) etc....and do not support them in the future.

Ireland deserves more than these ****wits milking this and raising racial tensions where none existed.

Menaces to society these people, and their views.....

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,578 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

The Greens are all creaming themselves defending this criminal.

Tbf, Saoirse McHugh isn't a green anymore, she's just a dangerous idiot now.

Paul Murphy and his mob are worse imo

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

Bonniedog wrote: »
    And deported in probably a lot of cases.

You cant deport Irish citizens.

Your thinly veiled racism is not welcome.

(And as I have not posted on this thread yet - just to outline my position, the shooting was justified)

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭Howard Beale

Bonniedog wrote: »

Talk about race baiting and insinuating. Did you even look at the facts? Do they not matter at all. It's mindless virtue signalling and false moral outrage order of the day? Disgraceful to insult Gardai here by saying George Floyd.

Armed crazed violent criminal known to Gardai get's shot after several attempts to subdue him including taser and pepper spray. As a last resort they shoot whilst he is crazily waving around a huge knife.

What media and video reports but embellish and change that to suiti their agenda.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,544 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

I do not understand how you can hospitalise a shop manager, try stab a armed Garda (after pepper spray, tazer)

And still able to play the victim?

Seriously????? I do not understand this.

Fcuk those protesters and those blaming the Garda.

All eyes on Kursk. Slava Ukraini.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

*Duelling banjos playing in my head*

cork-gaa-vow-to-have-confederate-flags-confiscated.jpg

Sh*t, the cats out of the bag. Get rid of the evidence quick!

Talk about race baiting and insinuating. Did you even look at the facts? Do they not matter at all. It's mindless virtue signalling and false moral outrage order of the day? Disgraceful to insult Gardai here by saying George Floyd.

Armed crazed violent criminal known to Gardai get's shot after several attempts to subdue him including taser and pepper spray. As a last resort they shoot whilst he is crazily waving around a huge knife.

What media and video reports but embellish and change that to suiti their agenda.

I don't think the poster was saying this was the same as George Floyd

More asking/wondering could it be spun as such

And, there are people who will see them the same.

When I first heard this I thought of George Floyd. Not because they are the same.......but because of how some dangerous people will use it to try and make it the same.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭carq

its clear that there is a small cohort who are anti gardai and will use any excuse to 'demonstrate' or riot.

Covid marches, water charges, oil pipelines , racism , 5g this year I expect - the causes change but you ill get the same people at each trying to cause trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

walshb wrote: »
    Leo, and others (in responsible positions) should lay the fook off social media here....no matter what they post here.....just put the fooking internet down...

FFS, what is it with society today?

Standards are gone....absolute gone...

Allow proper due process take place....

If Leo and such others had said nothing then it would have been construed as tacit racism. Cue a plethora of SJWs tweeting about tweets on other stuff but not this.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,161 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Is everything just viewed through the lens of oppression and injustice? To me that's perpetuating the racist structures that you claim to be against. Black people to the SJW seem to always be the victims of unfair and overhanded police brutality. They aren't viewed as criminals or scumbags and it seems their actions are given a free pass because of their skin color.
    It's pure identity politics which has taken over too much of discourse in politics and the media. It's the politics of groups and stereotypes rather than individuals. As I've noted before it can be summed up this way:

[insert oppressed group here] are always agentless victims and [insert oppressor group here] are always to blame.

Works for race, creed, colour and gender. Try it for yourself with feminism and race to name but two. Once anyone buys into this credo critical thinking, irony and especially *trigger warning* personal responsibility go out the window.

Was reading a BBC opinion piece on the history of slavery in Nigeria and two things popped up. The locals making money on the back of enslaving other Africans(well into the 20th century BTW) was acknowledged which one would think was a nice change. But no. Apparently it was "tradition" and one that was forged by the boogey White man, ignoring that it was going on well before and after the Atlantic slave trade(which the same White man banned). That the local slavers didn't know any better, but the Whites did. Basically saying that the locals were noble if thick savages in all but name. irony bypass as usual. The best bit was where they claimed that the slavers often thought they were giving poor Blacks a better future as slaves rather than being left alone at home. Again and using the above simple formula; Blacks are always agentless victims and Whites are always to blame. Even when Blacks are found to have their hands in the till, it's still the White man's fault for providing the till.

That's the idiocy we're dealing with and sadly because of "multicultural" Ireland of the last 20 years we're living with that nonsense and only worse it will get.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

I feel we are actually going to be oppressed in our own country by those that scream oppression but yet we had no hand or part in any of that.

At work I've had the race card thrown at me so many times, each and every time I call the Gardai as I want them to see how absolutely stupid these people are.....
    Oh and to cover myself as I wasn't been racist in the first place.

Scary what's going on and now I see it, whites are racist, whites are the only ones that can commit any crimes and have consequences for their actions.

If one is black they must be let free and not have any consequence to their actions whether it be a minor offence or a serious one such as attacking law abiding citizens going about their day and using weapons to injure or kill.....

What utter morons we have running this country and how the Dublin mayor even got into that position is beyond me.

We have ebun then screaming racism on a hourly basis, she doesn't have enough time to doit by the second yet but I suppose she will get more followers to do that for her......

These people are actually insane.

What would these morons do if this thug attacked them or their families???? Give him a hug?
    Call for a social worker?

I'm actually asking an honest question what do they want and what do they realistically expect.

If Leo and such others had said nothing then it would have been construed as tacit racism. Cue a plethora of SJWs tweeting about tweets on other stuff but not this.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't...

I know what you mean..

I would still urge people (of influence more so) to put the likes of twitter away during moments like this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭CrazyFather1

Omackeral wrote: »
    Really kicking off at Blanch Garda Station with them all charging at the doors. Got it on WhatsApp. At the least, it's going to give the virus a great shot in the arm.

Seen the video, more people pushing to get up to record than anything else. Time for a tractor with a slurry tank full. Best way to get rid of everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Parachutes

Can see the headlines now:

'Gardai gun down black man in mostly peaceful shop run'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭CrazyFather1

walshb wrote: »
    I know what you mean..

I would still urge people (of influence more so) to put the likes of twitter away during moments like this.

100%

Twitter is a cesspool. Better to make a government statement and leave it at that. No matter what they say it will be turned to look incorrect.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭Comerman

One thing I don't understand is the "brother" saying he was shot dead in front of the family and had serious mental health issues but yet none of them can be seen in the videos or were hit by any of the shots. IF that was my brother an innocent disturbed chap with a line of armed Gardai at the gate I'd be standing between them trying to defuse the whole thing. Or maybe I'm just an eejit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Great to see them all get time off work to impede our Irish police force from doing their jobs....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement