Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

George Nkencho shooting *Mod warning Added to OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Green Peter

carq wrote: »
    its clear that there is a small cohort who are anti gardai and will use any excuse to 'demonstrate' or riot.

Covid marches, water charges, oil pipelines , racism , 5g this year I expect - the causes change but you ill get the same people at each trying to cause trouble.

100%, you'll also find them first in line for handouts from the state.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

TallGlass2 wrote: »
    Defend the funeral costs all you want lads!

I deleted my post, couldn't find info to back it up.

I thought I read it online.

Anyway, seems getting punched in the face while working is fair game....

Lovely strawman.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

There's too many variables here to call it either way and very little evidence of what happened. People are jumping to conclusions on both sides where I think it's best to sit back now and allow the full story to unfold. But I think the notion that a Garda should allow himself to be stabbed to be absurd in the extreme.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Gruffalux

Parachutes wrote: »
    Can see the headlines now:

'Gardai gun down black man in mostly peaceful shop run'

I shouldn't laugh but I did a bit because I appreciate your humorous cynicism.
    The crowd for Justice thing describe the gardai as ''following him home''.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 472 ✭✭Kraftwerk

Necro wrote: »
    Tbf, Saoirse McHugh isn't a green anymore, she's just a dangerous idiot now.

Paul Murphy and his mob are worse imo

Murphy etc are worse as individuals but the greens are in government and I've seen quite a few of them offer condolences to the friends and family and call for an investigation.

I'd say that's more dangerous, a government party undermining the Gardai and creating divisions and fanning flames by implying that he's a victim of racism.

The FG TDs I've seen on twitter including Leo have simply offered condolences all round including to the person assaulted and gardai who had to deal with it and called for people to refrain from speculation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Comerman wrote: »
    One thing I don't understand is the "brother" saying he was shot dead in front of the family and had serious mental health issues but yet none of them can be seen in the videos or were hit by any of the shots. IF that was my brother an innocent disturbed chap with a line of armed Gardai at the gate I'd be standing between them trying to defuse the whole thing. Or maybe I'm just an eejit.

He was swinging a machete, I'd say they didn't want to die but see now a band wagon to get onto to make money from it and BLM get more traction.....

• Registered Users Posts: 52,017 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

How many of these concerned citizens will refuse their dole in protest?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

A lot of people will personally benefit by making this a race issue and stoking racial unrest;

Self described "anti racist" (read racebaiter) politicians

Full on racist academics peddling division and victimhood narratives

NGO/Quango snake oil types who claim giving them money will tackle racism

Private individuals who think that promoting a racist narrative will give them social power

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,161 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Tzardine wrote: »
    You cant deport Irish citizens.
    Sadly not. Or rather how Irish is their citizenship? If anyone is here because of the birthright loophole, or here illegally, or as euphemistically put "undocumented", then IMHO the option for deportation for crimes against the Irish state and people should most certainly be in play, no matter the colour of skin. Deport them back to Russia, Nigeria, Georgia or wherever.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

Tzardine wrote: »
    You cant deport Irish citizens.

Your thinly veiled racism is not welcome.

(And as I have not posted on this thread yet - just to outline my position, the shooting was justified)

There are hundreds of illegal immigrants in Blanchardstown. It is not racist to deport illegal immigrants. Although they have been granted immunity.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭CrazyFather1

smurgen wrote: »
    There's too many variables here to call it either way and very little evidence of what happened. People are jumping to conclusions on both sides where I think it's best to sit back now and allow the full story to unfold. But I think the notion that a Garda should allow himself to be stabbed to be absurd in the extreme.

Plenty of videos around, he robbed a shop. Then attacked the staff, then tried to attack the unarmed Garda outside. You can see the video of the Garda following him in the car.

What exactly is a variable? do you walk around with a large knife and head to the shops with it?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,005 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Parachutes wrote: »
    Can see the headlines now:

'Gardai gun down black man in mostly peaceful shop run'

"Black man gunned down as he buttered his toast" also works

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Some serious characters on Twitter from reading their bios - activists, truth seekers etc. Etc.

Omackeral wrote: »
    Really kicking off at Blanch Garda Station with them all charging at the doors. Got it on WhatsApp. At the least, it's going to give the virus a great shot in the arm.

Apart from me searching on Twitter, there’s nothing on my Facebook feed about this.

Think the majority of the country are “meh, scumbag who attacked shop workers and attempted to attack Garda got his cumuppance”

No right thinking person cares about him tbh and proper order as far as I’m concerned.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Kraftwerk wrote: »
    Murphy etc are worse as individuals but the greens are in government and I've seen quite a few of them offer condolences to the friends and family and call for an investigation.

I'd say that's more dangerous, a government party undermining the Gardai and creating divisions and fanning flames by implying that he's a victim of racism.

The FG TDs I've seen on twitter including Leo have simply offered condolences all round including to the person assaulted and gardai who had to deal with it and called for people to refrain from speculation.

I find it actually sad as so many are murdered at the hands of thugs like this and they get not one word said about them never mind condolences from the government, this is just showing it up even more......divide and conquer

Talk about race baiting and insinuating. Did you even look at the facts? Do they not matter at all. It's mindless virtue signalling and false moral outrage order of the day? Disgraceful to insult Gardai here by saying George Floyd.

Armed crazed violent criminal known to Gardai get's shot after several attempts to subdue him including taser and pepper spray. As a last resort they shoot whilst he is crazily waving around a huge knife.

What media and video reports but embellish and change that to suiti their agenda.

You obviously missed the sarcasm module :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Some serious characters on Twitter from reading their bios - activists, truth seekers etc. Etc.
    Truth seeker - unemployable.

• Registered Users Posts: 56,474 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Plenty of videos around, he robbed a shop. Then attacked the staff, then tried to attack the unarmed Garda outside. You can see the video of the Garda following him in the car.

What exactly is a variable? do you walk around with a large knife and head to the shops with it?

We still need a proper and professional investigation.....I think this is all the poster is saying. And this is proper.

People need to lay the fook off trying to turn this into a race issue, and lay the fook off trying to incite division and hatred, and lay the fook off trying to blame Gardai.

It's so simple.....yet so many people want attention here and want to be seen to be this, that and the other....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,483 ✭✭✭weisses

If the shop owner isn't black.. Wouldn't that automatically make the now deceased machete weaving idiot a racist ? .... If you use the logic applied by some ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Apart from me searching on Twitter, there’s nothing on my Facebook feed about this.

Think the majority of the country are “meh, scumbag who attacked shop workers and attempted to attack Garda got his cumuppance”

No right thinking person cares about him tbh and proper order as far as I’m concerned.

I would say that's accurate but unfortunately these days a vocal minority will often get their way - a squeaky wheel gets the grease and all that. Meanwhile the rest of us just get on with things.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56,474 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Did Leo offer condolences for Mark Hennessy's family? Or for Mark Hennessy?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,812 ✭✭✭hynesie08

weisses wrote: »
    If the shop owner isn't black.. Wouldn't that automatically make the now deceased machete weaving idiot a racist ? .... If you use the logic applied by some ?

The manager was apparently both white and lgbt, double hate crime.....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

I have compiled a list of all the people who can see this was a justified shooting:

Ladies,
    Fellas
    The people who don't give a f**k
    Lovers
    Haters
    All the people that call themselves players
    Hot mommas
    Pimp daddies
    And all the people rolling up in Cadies
    Rockers
    Hip hoppers

And everybody all around the world

• Registered Users Posts: 60,738 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Knowing the justice system in Ireland if he had stabbed the Garda and not been shot he would have gotten free legal aid that would have used his harsh upbringing etc etc and he would be back out in the streets in no time and again been a danger the average hard working citizens of Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Well I'm hearing he might have had a psychotic break. Now I am not a psychologist and I know people on such breaks vary in severity but it could colour the situation for me. Not to say that the Gardai were wrong but to say that some of the reporting around it using words like thug might be unhelpful.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

ratracer wrote: »
    There was a link here to a member of staff that was in the shop at the time of the assault/ robbery.

I saw another post supposedly from a member of staff saying the manager was punched but we've also heard it was a security guy ?

The gossip and misinformation doesn't help.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,161 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

I feel we are actually going to be oppressed in our own country by those that scream oppression but yet we had no hand or part in any of that.

At work I've had the race card thrown at me so many times, each and every time I call the Gardai as I want them to see how absolutely stupid these people are.....
    Oh and to cover myself as I wasn't been racist in the first place.

Scary what's going on and now I see it, whites are racist, whites are the only ones that can commit any crimes and have consequences for their actions.
    [insert oppressed group here] are always agentless victims and [insert oppressor group here] are always to blame.

So if you're White(though Asian can work too) you will always be at fault and if you're Black you'll always be a victim. It diminishes the individual no matter the colour of skin, not least the Black person and reduces everyone to a skin colour. The irony is tragic on so many levels.

I'm actually asking an honest question what do they want and what do they realistically expect.
    To have their worldview backed up. People would rather be proven "right" than be happy. Identity politics is predicated on never being happy no matter what.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,935 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

If you were believe twitter you'd think he just walked into spar for a pint of milk then 15 guards turned up and shot him

In the light of the attacks on Blanchardstown Garda station, I assume those responsible and those who incited them will be charged?

The way, those red inciters were calling on other people to be charged with protesting under the restrictions. And of course the latter did not attack anyone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Stihl waters

Knowing the justice system in Ireland if he had stabbed the Garda and not been shot he would have gotten free legal aid that would have used his harsh upbringing etc etc and he would be back out in the streets in no time and again been a danger the average hard working citizens of Ireland.

That's one of the big positives I've seen in all of this, the amount of money saved from legal aid, dole,prison stays and time put into a thug like this, a big win for the coffers imo

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement