Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

George Nkencho shooting *Mod warning Added to OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,431 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

NIMAN wrote: »
    Can't believe some of the nonsense posted in that Twitter account.

"Today The story of #GeorgeNkencho has shook the nation of Ireland . Innocent unarmed person of colour, murdered in broad daylight by an inherently white supremacist police force. He was a loving and caring individual who brought great happiness to his community"

"was a good man. some are focusing on his actions of today, but don’t fall into that trap. Think about the joy and happiness he brought to the world through his very presence as a human being. over 27 years he brought smiling and laughter."
    Where did you see this?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭completedit

That's true. Unless you go on Twitter the event was pretty much passing by unnoticed.

Why can't SJW's concede that sometimes people are scumbags and that race doesn't feature into it. Right now I am thinking that is quite unusual that they killed this man given 2 factors 1.) How rare Garda resort to pulling the trigger 2.) The amount of scumbaggery carried out by our 'own' native Irish. We would probably expect this to happen more frequently given this event is probably not that unusual. That's something I'm trying to reconcile.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭irishguy1983

Don’t know much about these things but could they not have shot him in the leg? Maybe it doesn’t work like that?

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭dublincelt

Kraftwerk wrote: »
    A gathering of idiots is taking place outside Blanchardstown Garda Station.

https://twitter.com/Ciara_olo/status/1344589480456564738?s=20

Immigration department should be there also.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

beno619 wrote: »
    I saw another post supposedly from a member of staff saying the manager was punched but we've also heard it was a security guy ?

The gossip and misinformation doesn't help.

The whole thing was a set up to get George because of his standing in the community and his progressive views ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,471 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

A lot of people will personally benefit by making this a race issue and stoking racial unrest;

Self described "anti racist" (read racebaiter) politicians

Full on racist academics peddling division and victimhood narratives

NGO/Quango snake oil types who claim giving them money will tackle racism

Private individuals who think that promoting a racist narrative will give them social power

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ebun_Joseph

https://ucd.academia.edu/EbunJoseph

Time to defund her professorship: no wonder the privately funded American Conservative schools and colleges are booming when children are exposed to her teachings, for which there is no Vax.

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Stihl waters

sasta le wrote: »

That needs to be nipped in the bud and the riot squad brought in and dispersed, no way that should be tolerated

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Absolute scum,

‘Peaceful’ protests coming to a jd sports near you soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭Howard Beale

A lot of people will personally benefit by making this a race issue and stoking racial unrest;

Self described "anti racist" (read racebaiter) politicians

Full on racist academics peddling division and victimhood narratives

NGO/Quango snake oil types who claim giving them money will tackle racism

Private individuals who think that promoting a racist narrative will give them social power

Worst of them is Hazel Chu. Numerous tweets now, condolences for the shoot mans family,requests for Gardai to look at their training via retweets linked to BLM etc.

Abhorrent behaviour for a Lord Mayor of Dublin. No sympathy for Gardai at all in fact it looks like contempt.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,431 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Sh*t, the cats out of the bag. Get rid of the evidence quick!

They’re just fans of Cork Gaa and the Dukes of Hazard

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56,474 ✭✭✭✭walshb

That mob outside the cop shop need dealing with....

Severe and quick......

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

Don’t know much about these things but could they not have shot him in the leg? Maybe it doesn’t work like that?

Does not work like that. Only in the movies and TV.

If an armed officer has to use their weapon, it is a last resort, and they are shooting to eliminate a threat.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,544 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Too risky. Legs or arms be moving and the bullet misses and hits an innocent bystander. You always aim for center of mass.

All eyes on Kursk. Slava Ukraini.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Fuascailteoir

Jaysus that is some reach. Let alone the historical fact that the KKK despised Irish people

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭French Toast

Jaysus, makes for strange viewing.

Is this going to fizzle out or are we headed down some kind of S-bend?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Akrasia wrote: »
    I don’t think everyone knows what a machete is

1264321?$456$

While it’s technically a knife, it’s more like a sword, and it’s not intended for cutting or stabbing, it’s for hacking and slashing

If anyone attacks another person with a machete then their intention is to do serious brutal life changing harm to that person and if someone came at me or someone else swinging a machete and I had a gun, I don’t care what color skin he has, I’m gonna shoot him

I was attacked with a machete by a family member around Xmas time 4/5 years ago. It’s not a nice experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 56,474 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Worst of them is Hazel Chu. Numerous tweets now, condolences for the shoot mans family,requests for Gardai to look at their training via retweets linked to BLM etc.

Abhorrent behaviour for a Lord Mayor of Dublin. No sympathy for Gardai at all in fact it looks like contempt.

Incitement to hatred this....stirring division and encouraging anarchy.....

Anyone in positions of influence trying to undermine the Gardai are encouraging anarchy.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭irishguy1983

Tzardine wrote: »
    Does not work like that. Only in the movies and TV.

If an armed officer has to use their weapon, it is a last resort, and they are shooting to eliminate a threat.

Fair enough and I won’t lie - any knowledge does indeed come from the movies (like 95% around here)...,

I just thought maybe shooting him in the leg would be a possibility/disarm him?

Absolute scum,

‘Peaceful’ protests coming to a jd sports near you soon.

Can you actually imagine that all of your hard earned tax money is been used to fund all the designer clothing worn in these videos.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,312 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

I was attacked with a machete by a family member around Xmas time 4/5 years ago. It’s not a nice experience.

Never knew you were a man of culture! Was the family member also your wife?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,161 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

It doesn't work like that. This isn't Hollywood.

1) far more risk of missing the assailant.

2) far more risk of hitting an innocent bystander

3) harder to hit a much smaller target in a rapidly moving escalation.

4) less likely to stop the assailant

5) being shot in the leg if it hits the femoral artery is as likely to result in death as a belly shot

So police are trained to aim for the largest part of the body, the torso.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 725 ✭✭✭ElJeffe

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Fair enough and I won’t lie - any knowledge does indeed come from the movies (like 95% around here)...,

He was shot several times straight to the chest and was still standing, what do you think a shot to the leg is going to do?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭completedit

Wibbs wrote: »
    It doesn't work like that. This isn't Hollywood.

1) far more risk of missing the assailant.

2) far more risk of hitting an innocent bystander

3) harder to hit a much smaller target in a rapidly moving escalation.

4) less likely to stop the assailant

5) being shot in the leg if it hits the femoral artery is as likely to result in death as a belly shot

So police are trained to aim for the largest part of the body, the torso.

Some great posts bud

• Registered Users Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

That's true. Unless you go on Twitter the event was pretty much passing by unnoticed.

Why can't SJW's concede that sometimes people are scumbags and that race le.

It's never a person's fault.

It's always society's fault.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,646 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

The reason one side is saying it's racist and the other side is saying it's not is because they have different meanings of the word. Most Irish people don't believe it is racist because there was obvious context to why the shooting happened. Africans (and woke Irish people) see it as racist because they see it as someone in their group being killed by someone not from their group, it doesn't matter who was right or wrong they will stick up for their own against the other. This is an alien concept to Irish people (and most white people).

If you just boil it down to that the whole thing makes alot more sense, instead of looking at the mental gymnastics. I'm not trying to cause animosity, I'm just saying what I believe to be true.

I wouldn't agree with that.

I'd say that very few people even from the African community in Ireland see it as race-related.

But as always, the thickest are the loudest, whether it's those trying to twist it into a BLM issue, or those trying to use to argue that Africans should be sent back to "whatever sh!thole shanty town they came from", to quote something that appeared on my facebook feed last night.

For the most part, whay happens on twitter or facebook and the like is irrelevant to me - there's no reason for me to respect or engage with any content on there from some random agenda-laden nobody, and there's no shortage of those in all hues. I never see the appeal of linking to some of the tweets to those nobodies. But some of the posts from public figures have ranged from misguided to downright stupid. I think there is an issue of people feeling they need to say something, have some position, immediately, rather than wait until the facts emerge.

The idea that this is race-related seems absolute nonsense to me. The Gardai shoot people very very rarely, and this is to the best of my knowledge the first black person they have ever shot. And that was only after attempting to subdue him with non-lethal means.

Try shoot someone in the leg, it's small, moving and he can still kill with the machete, go look up people charging others or police and they still manage to stab after even 7 shots on target.

Even if they shoot into ones leg you can die in seconds if hit in the right place

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

No unfortunately not, plenty of videos of police around the world being stabbed and killed by attackers, even when shot in the chest multiple times. Sure look at the video of yesterday, even after taking several shots to the torso he was still swinging with great force.

Once the armed police start shooting they will not stop until the threat is neutralised.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭begbysback

It's reassuring to see that there are at least 307 sane people left in Ireland.

537767.PNG

Ahh well, Telly has explained everything, left in no doubts now why a man lost his life, what’s the point in gsoc when we have Telly, sure he saw a clip

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement