Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

George Nkencho shooting *Mod warning Added to OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Mimon

You know what I hope the Gardai evacuate the station safely and that the protesters burn it down. We need some sort of craziness to happen for our politicians to realise these antics are not right.

Stick to your video game fantasy land lad.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Ish66 wrote: »
    The poor garda will have a claim in for stress related illness and early retirement (On full pay) in the future. He will be grand !

Well deserved.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭completedit

Mental health does not preclude you from being a scumbag. In a better world, we would have supports to help people who are not compatible with society become functional members of it, but this extends to the most abhorrent of criminals.

Very interesting to see the SJW's victim blame.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,001 ✭✭✭Cordell

The only racists are those that think one of them was shot - that's the us vs them mentality. It doesn't matter he was a dangerous criminal on the lose, all that matters is that he was one of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭feargale

.anon. wrote: »
    Bit early to say (a) that it's our George Floyd moment, or (b) that it was justified.

It's a bit early to say anything. Why don't you all sit back and await the findings of the enquiry? That's assuming of course that you didn't witness the incident

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

There is a comment on that video about 16 seconds in saying "together we strong". That pretty much tells you all you need to know.
    https://m.facebook.com/TheLiberal.ie/videos/871521223663542/?refsrc=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.boards.ie%2Fvbulletin%2Fshowthread.php&_rdr

The grammar on those comments, you'd swear those kids received a wildly different education to the white children...

Mod: Banned

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Mimon wrote: »
    Wut?

It might be the only thing to show the protestors as aggressors. Having the Gardai disperse them or arrest them will only fuel their victimhood.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭Hamachi

The road is closed at the police station at Blanch as well. So there must be a lot there.

I live in the area, about a mile from where the violent offender was rightfully dealt with by the
    Gardai.

Been out and about all morning. Hundreds of people are going about their business, entirely unperturbed by this event. It hasn’t even featured on our local WhatsApp security group.

The count of protestors down at Blanchardstown station and the head cases amplifying this incident on social media, are a minuscule % of the Dublin 15 population.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭Bigmac1euro

Riots in btown shopping centre now.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

humberklog wrote: »
    I'd a browse over on Twitter, yikes.

In a supportive Tweet to a Hazel Chu post (whatever business she has in sticking her nose into it) some middle aged Irish guy said the Gardaí should have shot the knife.

That's the level folks, that's the ****ing level.

#shoottheknife

I blame Hollywood :D

• Advertisement

There is a comment on that video about 16 seconds in saying "together we strong". That pretty much tells you all you need to know.
    https://m.facebook.com/TheLiberal.ie/videos/871521223663542/?refsrc=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.boards.ie%2Fvbulletin%2Fshowthread.php&_rdr

All raising their fists.........to video a closed door.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

Mostly peaceful surely :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Shocking... near jd sports i bet...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Hamachi wrote: »
    I live in the area, about a mile from where the violent offender was rightfully dealt with by the
    Gardai.

Been out and about all morning. Hundreds of people are going about their business, entirely unperturbed by this event. It hasn’t even featured on our local WhatsApp security group.

The count of protestors down at Blanchardstown station and the head cases amplifying this incident on social media, are a minuscule % of the Dublin 15 population.

Glad to see people ignoring it. Everyone knows it was justified. If he had of attacked a young family or a child I wonder would they protest the same??
    Don't care what colour he was. White brown black i don't care. It was justified and the garda done the right option there. Streets are safe again

• Registered Users Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

The grammar on those comments, you'd swear those kids received a wildly different education to the white children...

Hard to make sense of some of those comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭JackieChang

wildly different education to the white children...

What a load of nonsense. There are loads of thick white children in this country too.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Gerrymandering reborn

I could be wrong but the clip doing the rounds, does it appear he lunges with a knife at a garda?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Mimon

Shocking... near jd sports i bet...

Can you stop with your agenda ffs.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,161 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

These people clearly have no understanding of how a gun works , thankfully...
    This QI clip notes what happens when people are shot and the misconceptions.

People usually don't fall down when they're shot because they've been shot, but because they realise they've been shot.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Leafyellow111

"old ppl go home" another one whatever thats about

They don't see their community the same way Irish people do, they're more like a huge extended family with a strong ingroup preference. If you cross one of them you cross all of them. That's not some conclusion I came to myself, Africans say that about themselves. Just look at the posts on social media of people in other countries calling him "brother". Europeans, especially in the English speaking parts, are the most individualistic people in the world. This is why so many Irish people are finding it so difficult to understand why Africans see this as racism.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,414 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Some serious characters on Twitter from reading their bios - activists, truth seekers etc. Etc.

All of whom are active late in the day, but because they don't have to get up early in the morning to work

• Registered Users Posts: 4,310 ✭✭✭Pkiernan

Anyone protesting should have their welfare stopped.

Theyre not looking for work.

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭torres9kop

Is that not like every other weekend anyway :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

smurgen wrote: »
    Well I'm hearing he might have had a psychotic break. Now I am not a psychologist and I know people on such breaks vary in severity but it could colour the situation for me. Not to say that the Gardai were wrong but to say that some of the reporting around it using words like thug might be unhelpful.

“He’s having a psychotic break Sgt Murphy, your just gonna have to let him stab you”.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭Bigmac1euro

• What a load of nonsense. There are loads of thick white children in this country too.

Yeah, they’re one of them. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,936 ✭✭✭enricoh

sasta le wrote: »

I wonder what the collective cost of that crowd is to the Irish taxpayer thus far.
    And all because we had spineless politicians who didn't deport failed asylum seekers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

Hamachi wrote: »
    Gardai.

Oh I agree. I imagine those on twitter are many multiples of those in the area that agree with the protests. Especially when you think about the size of the population in the area I am sure its a very small percentage.

I can't imagine they will be there for long anyway its a horrible day to be out today.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,136 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

biko wrote: »
    Has anyone wondered about why he carried around a knife/machete?

To defend himself against the ingrained racism or Irish society?

Glazers Out!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,578 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

What a load of nonsense. There are loads of thick white children in this country too.
    Mimon wrote: »
    Can you stop with your agenda ffs.
    Yeah, they’re one of them. :pac:

Mod:

Alright, move on now, Eric is on holidays for his nonsense already. Back on topic please.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement