Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

George Nkencho shooting *Mod warning Added to OP*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 472 ✭✭Kraftwerk

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Gerrymandering reborn

Ffs are they trying to turn Blanchardstown into Minneapolis?

• Registered Users Posts: 56,471 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Thugs, you mean

And where are the Gardai, I wonder?

These people need to be stopped now.....a complete severe stop....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭Bigmac1euro

They should be sent packing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,936 ✭✭✭enricoh

Wow, and hundreds of thousands of people out of a job to help try n stop coronavirus. That's unreal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭gibgodsman

Being lazy so just going to repost what I said on the other, for some reason closed thread

I swear twitter and Facebook is just a wash with SJW's, and the "Vigil" at his house is just laughable. Yes he was a .... non white man, I honestly don't know what is allowed to even be said anymore, but what has that go to do with anything?

He went into a Eurospar in Hartstown, attacked and beat a security guard, wasn't a manager btw, broke his nose and damaged his teeth, went to stab him but he managed to run away, he had a large knife btw, some people saying a Machete.

He then attempted to flee and was confronted by unarmed Guards who he threatened with a Knife and led a car chase to his estate, eventually the armed response showed up and did deploy a tazer which had 0 effect, which is not unheard of, you see that alot in America and elsewhere, Pepper spray was also used and it had no effect. He can clearly be seen swinging the knife directly at a Guard who was armed, and only after everything else failed, did the guard use the last resort, which was ABSOLUTELY JUSTIFIED.

Now his family is suggesting a Mental illness and he was a nice fellow, which is odd considering the day before that he absolutely battered a man because of his sexual orientation, and just before Christmas he attacked an Elderly woman and also attempted to burgle some houses.

So lets say he was Mentally ill, ok so when he eventually did manage to stab someone to death, and at their funeral, do the Guards just say "Sorry we could do nothing, he suffered from a mental illness and was not white so we couldn't shoot him? Nah, he got what he deserved, Mental illness or not, most serial killers if not all suffer from a mental illness, doesn't mean they shouldnt be brought to Justice by any means

• Closed Accounts Posts: 472 ✭✭Kraftwerk

walshb wrote: »
    Thugs, you mean

And where are the Gardai, I wonder?

These people need to be stopped now.....a complete severe stop....

Afraid to do their jobs in case the Lord Mayor calls them racist on twitter.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭feargale

Pkiernan wrote: »
    Anyone protesting should have their welfare stopped.

Theyre not looking for work.

Protest is premature, but in fairness, you are doing it yourself here. What should be stopped, your wages or your welfare?

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭torres9kop

Riots in btown shopping centre now.

Is that not like every other weekend anyway :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,310 ✭✭✭Pkiernan

Our far left chickens have come home to roost.

Shame they won't riot out in Donnybrook or Foxrock.

• Advertisement

• Kraftwerk wrote: »

I hear you’re a racist now, Garda?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,310 ✭✭✭Pkiernan

feargale wrote: »
    Protest is premature, but in fairness, you are doing it yourself here. What should be stopped, your wages or your welfare?

Never heard of days off?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭amacca

They don't see their community the same way Irish people do, they're more like a huge extended family with a strong ingroup preference. If you cross one of them you cross all of them. That's not some conclusion I came to myself, Africans say that about themselves. Just look at the posts on social media of people in other countries calling him "brother". Europeans, especially in the English speaking parts, are the most individualistic people in the world. This is why so many Irish people are finding it so difficult to understand why Africans see this as racism.

I wonder how they would react in the real world if their "brother" was lunging at them with a knife ......quickly click on their favourite social media app and post messages of support for his actions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Never knew you were a man of culture! Was the family member also your wife?

I’m cultured, but not of the cultural ethnicity. Was a close relative with drug induced psychosis. ERU responded and were excellent. After about an hour and a half he threw the machete out of the room he was barricaded in and was taken into custody soon after.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 142 ✭✭PearseCork92

Their parents need to get their ass down there and bring those kids home. We're in a pandemic and the last thing we need is public disorder and riots. Utter stupidity.

Someone in the African community in West Dublin needs to show some leadership here.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

Any chants of ' defund the police yet ', surely they have that one in their playbook ?

• Registered Users Posts: 56,471 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Kraftwerk wrote: »

Exactly what I was thinking...

enricoh wrote: »
    Wow, and hundreds of thousands of people out of a job to help try n stop coronavirus. That's unreal.

If even just one spineless politician comes out and condemn;s this today, I might just have a tiny smidgen of respect for them, but I doubt they will.

:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,005 ✭✭✭✭titan18

They fighting amongst each other or attacking a white guy in that second vid? Hard to see

• Registered Users Posts: 2,864 ✭✭✭CrabRevolution

After the murder of George Floyd, the family and BLM were sharing and publicising the video and documentation of the event as much as possible. Made sense because it furthered their cause, clearly showing how horrific an injustice it was that an unarmed man was suffocated to death on the street by a police officer.

Yet by contrast in the George Nkencho case they're asking for people not to share footage and pictures of the event.

It's almost as though that since the evidence disagrees with their narrative, they'd rather it go away...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Gerrymandering reborn

titan18 wrote: »
    They fighting amongst each other or attacking a white guy in that second vid? Hard to see

That white guy is a security guard in the centre

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Didn't realise that area was as rough.

Well I hope all the politicians and SJWs are happy with all the trouble they have caused.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Akrasia wrote: »
    Jesus, that must have been awful. Hope your injuries weren’t too serious

He didn’t get to hit me with it. Small room, I got as close to him as I could, screaming in his face to get the fcuk out as soon as we’d backed out of the room face to face I hurdled the bannister, got out of the house and called the cops.

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭torres9kop

Didn't realise that area was as rough.

Well I hope all the politicians and SJWs are happy with all the trouble they have caused.

It’s a right ****hole. I wouldn’t bring up my dog around there

• Registered Users Posts: 7,767 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

A criminal was shot dead to prevent him doing serious harm to innocent people.

Regardless of whether his skin was white, black, blue or orange, it was the right thing to do at the time.

It's that simple.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,332 ✭✭✭pgj2015

After the murder of George Floyd, the family and BLM were sharing and publicising the video and documentation of the event as much as possible. Made sense because it furthered their cause, clearly showing how horrific an injustice it was that an unarmed man was suffocated to death on the street by a police officer.

Yet by contrast in the George Nkencho case they're asking for people not to share footage and pictures of the event.

It's almost as though that since the evidence disagrees with their narrative, they'd rather it go away...

its too late now anyway, everyone has seen the video. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭ZX7R

"old ppl go home" another one whatever thats about

When I did security we delt with issues from this ethnic minority, old ppl go home was used as an issue of warning to there elderly that the mob was taken control.
    Old ppl also referred to people in authority ie police or security ect

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Gruffalux wrote: »
    Would one not almost presume that people who engage in ultra violence are generally having some form of psychotic break? And how can that presumption really change an outcome? Alan Hawe? Mark Hennessy? Stephen Silver? Gardai are not charged or equipped to be mobile psychiatric units or provide emergency mental health care. They have to respond in the moment to the physical reality unfolding.
    If one resists non-fatal methods of de-escalating and lunges wildly at an armed police officer with a machete it is hard to see it going any other way. The gardai have said they took the decision based on perceiving an imminent threat to life. As they have done in other cases where they have (thankfully rarely) shot people.

Not at all and I'm not an expert. I don't know the full facts as I said. I just heard he was mentally unwell at the time. Then if I knew this to be true and read in a paper he was a thug by someone who was unaware of the mental issues I could see how offence would be caused. I suppose it's the inflammatory language I see as really unhelpful now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

torres9kop wrote: »

I grew up in a house on the same road as the shooting. Family still lives there.

Its a nice area. But as with most areas in Dublin its ruined by a small number of c**ts of all colours.

• Advertisement

torres9kop wrote: »

Manorfields is a lovely estate, certainly nothing disenfranchised about it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement