Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

George Nkencho shooting *Mod warning Added to OP*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Pkiernan wrote: »
    Anyone protesting should have their welfare stopped.

Theyre not looking for work.

They should refuse all state benefits. Show that they won’t be bought off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭Bigmac1euro

torres9kop wrote: »
    Is that not like every other weekend anyway :)

More of a Blackrock thing I think. Sure it’s in the name isn’t it lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

ElJeffe wrote: »
    He's a history of violence. I guess all those incidents where psychotic? Some people are just bad end of story.

I don't know his history. Please link it to me. It seems asking for full information before coming to a conclusion is unreasonable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Mimon

El Sueño wrote: »
    A criminal was shot dead to prevent him doing serious harm to innocent people.

Regardless of whether his skin was white, black, blue or orange, it was the right thing to do at the time.

It's that simple.

Need some leadership to call out people playing the race card. Can't have a situation like in England where people took advantage of the fear of being called racist to get away with crimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,770 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Over €6,000 raised so far.

Lots of donations but no one really digging deep in their pockets.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

NIMAN wrote: »
    Can't believe some of the nonsense posted in that Twitter account.

"Today The story of #GeorgeNkencho has shook the nation of Ireland . Innocent unarmed person of colour, murdered in broad daylight by an inherently white supremacist police force. He was a loving and caring individual who brought great happiness to his community"

"was a good man. some are focusing on his actions of today, but don’t fall into that trap. Think about the joy and happiness he brought to the world through his very presence as a human being. over 27 years he brought smiling and laughter."

What a load of utter horsesh1t

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Gerrymandering reborn

The GoFundMe for his funeral has gone up from 7k to 10k

Edit: the goal has increased

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭Lillyfae

What is he mentally ill with? One isn’t just “mentally ill”, they’re normally a specific type of mentally ill. Unless their brother just made it up of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

In the States the Police would be quick to release the bodycam footage to nip this nonsense in the bud.

Its a shame we would never do it here.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,310 ✭✭✭Pkiernan

The GoFundMe for his funeral has gone up from 7k to 10k.

Should get him a nice flashy coffin so!

• Advertisement

What a load of utter horsesh1t

Social media really is a blight on society.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭Howard Beale

amacca wrote: »
    I wonder how they would react in the real world if their "brother" was lunging at them with a knife ......quickly click on their favourite social media app and post messages of support for his actions.

real world and the people you describe?

Like Water and Oil they don't mix.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

NIMAN wrote: »
    Can't believe some of the nonsense posted in that Twitter account.

"Today The story of #GeorgeNkencho has shook the nation of Ireland . Innocent unarmed person of colour, murdered in broad daylight by an inherently white supremacist police force. He was a loving and caring individual who brought great happiness to his community"

"was a good man. some are focusing on his actions of today, but don’t fall into that trap. Think about the joy and happiness he brought to the world through his very presence as a human being. over 27 years he brought smiling and laughter."

From what I'm hearing he had 32 previous convictions.

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭BeginnerRunner

I'm 100% gonna have an argument with someone about this later... Just so i'm clear on the time line;

Man known to gardai for mental health issues

Man was violen towards gardai in the past

He was carrying a machete around

He attacked a guy in spar

There was another incident reported

The gardai tried to disarm with pepper spray and a taser

Neither worked

ASU called

Lunges at ASU with knife

Shot multiple times, continues to lunge

Shot again until threat eliminated

...and this outrages people?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

After the murder of George Floyd, the family and BLM were sharing and publicising the video and documentation of the event as much as possible. Made sense because it furthered their cause, clearly showing how horrific an injustice it was that an unarmed man was suffocated to death on the street by a police officer.

Yet by contrast in the George Nkencho case they're asking for people not to share footage and pictures of the event.

It's almost as though that since the evidence disagrees with their narrative, they'd rather it go away...

Definitely agree with this. There's very little comparison between the two. George Floyd was kneeled on for 8 minutes. I watched the entire video and felt enraged by it. However here it seems to be someone attempting to seriously harm a police officer. If this was in the US it would nearly deemed suicide by cop.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,595 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Was in that shopping centre a few times back when civilised people were all that lived in the area.

not yet wrote: »
    From what I'm hearing he had 32 previous convictions.

Source? I have not seen that. Could be BS.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,136 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Ridiculous stuff. There'll be a gold coffin like Andy Connors a few years ago.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 56,471 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Tzardine wrote: »
    In the States the Police would be quick to release the bodycam footage to nip this nonsense in the bud.

Its a shame we would never do it here.

You think that would change the minds of some of these thugs and troublemakers?

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭gibgodsman

Hopefully some of the money will go to fix the teeth of the Security man from the Eurospar who had his face mashed in by a THUG with a knife

• Advertisement

I'm 100% gonna have an argument with someone about this later... Just so i'm clear on the time line;

Man known to gardai for mental health issues

Man was violen towards gardai in the past

He was carrying a machete around

He attacked a guy in spar

There was another incident reported

The gardai tried to disarm with pepper spray and a taser

Neither worked

ASU called

Lunges at ASU with knife

Shot multiple times, continues to lunge

Shot again until threat eliminated

...and this outrages people?

People looking to take advantage of a legitimate cause in BLM and say it is relevant to them so they can buy into a victim culture. Sad and needs to be called out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Kerching

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭nj27

Lillyfae wrote: »
    What is he mentally ill with? One isn’t just “mentally ill”, they’re normally a specific type of mentally ill. Unless their brother just made it up of course.

No specific diagnosed mental illness will emerge. It's irrelevant anyway when you consider the fact that this individual was in the act of swinging a machete at the gardai when he was shot, after making a series of choices which excluded any outcome other than the use of lethal force. I suspect mental illness is being used to paint him as some kind of victim rather than the violent criminal he was.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭SporadicMan

****ing hell, Dublin has truly gone to the dogs. Better start planning my escape.

walshb wrote: »

Yes. seeing and hearing the violent actions of the lad at close range can be quite shocking and would change a good few opinions.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,489 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Gardai can't be expected to take mental health into account when it comes to a man waving a knife around. Their job is keep us safe.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Gerrymandering reborn

Sir Oxman wrote: »
    Kerching

Ridiculous. Someone mentioned it was 6k previously. I didn't believe them at that time

• Registered Users Posts: 6,001 ✭✭✭Cordell

walshb wrote: »

No, but it will direct the public sympathy towards the ones that deserve it, the Guards and the real victims.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Only 10 people allowed at a funeral now

What's the 10k needed for exactly?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭CinemaGuy45

Fann Linn wrote: »
    They've a go fund me for his funeral costs also if anyone wants to chip in.

No go fund me for the manager of the EuroSpar with the broken nose and lost teeth I take it.

What you are seeing outside Blacharstown Garda station are the real racists in society.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement