Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

George Nkencho shooting *Mod warning Added to OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

Mr.S wrote: »
    The only thing I don't really understand is how the non-lethal force failed to stop him.

I thought a taser basically stops you in your tracks? Unless they missed and then he lunged?

They are often ineffective.

Thick clothing, such as a heavy jacket will make them useless a lot of the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

Mimon wrote: »
    Social media really is a blight on society.

Don't focus on his actions today

His actions that day are why he is dead.

I don't run around with a machete assaulting people, and that's why my name isn't trending on Twitter

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

The only thing I don't really understand is how the non-lethal force failed to stop him.

I thought a taser basically stops you in your tracks? Unless they missed and then he lunged?

Do a bit of reading on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

smurgen wrote: »
    Definitely agree with this. There's very little comparison between the two. George Floyd was kneeled on for 8 minutes. I watched the entire video and felt enraged by it. However here it seems to be someone attempting to seriously harm a police officer. If this was in the US it would nearly deemed suicide by cop.

He died from a drug overdose, he was a dangerous man, the police had previously been trained to do this to keep a person down and to stop them injuring themselves or others....
    Just because someone is cuffed doesn't mean they aren't dangerous.

Was it last year 2 armed correction officer's (prison guards) were killed by the inmate they were bringing to or from court, he got one of their guns and murdered them.....

This has nothing to do with the US or US police, I knew nothing of skin colour till later much later and even then it makes no difference, a animal is dangerous and many have been shot, sure a k9 dog was shot by his handler as the dog attacked him.....

People are dangerous and the brain moreso.

Pepper spray doesn't always work and neither does a taser or bullets as some are so high on adrenaline or drugs they have super strength.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,615 ✭✭✭Hamachi

torres9kop wrote: »
    It’s a right ****hole. I wouldn’t bring up my dog around there

It’s not that bad. Most people here are fine.

The community from which that individual originates is particularly numerous in this part of Dublin. Other groups in the area, who are largely productive and law abiding, tend to give that community a wide berth.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,083 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Someone said further back the two prongs need to make contact with the skin. It's cold as fúck out lately so he was probably wearing a few layers making. It probably didn't make contact correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭gibgodsman

You absolutely thought wrong, Tasers are not 100% effective at all, there was a study done and found they were only effective 55% of the time in real life situations. It can be super difficult to get a taser to penetrate the skin through clothes all the time. And even if it does make contact, some people can fight through it, drugs are a huge factor at preventing a taser just taking someone out also.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,559 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Only 10 people allowed at a funeral now

What's the 10k needed for exactly?

1k each.

Watch there will be 100s and more likely 1000s at this.... Will anything be done.... No

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Biscuitus

A dangerous man with a machete harmed civilians and had to be stopped by lethal means after all other avenues were exhausted.

The twists the papers are putting this and the family/friends trying to turn it against the guards.

Absolute joke of a country pretending it's the states.

• Advertisement

I'm actually more annoyed at our justice system and politicians for allowing this mentality fester and multiply.....

Dangerous times ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

Buddy Bubs wrote: »
    KFC buckets

No place for racist comments like this.

Tzardine wrote: »
    No place for racist comments like this.

Wouldn't eat that rubbish myself

• Registered Users Posts: 9,812 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Those Canada goose jackets aren't just for insulation from the cold..

• Registered Users Posts: 903 ✭✭✭Get Real

Not always, even if it makes contact. Doesn't mean they missed. Sorry its a rag of a paper, but the video below shows clearly tasers don't always stop someone, and they'll keep going if they want/ are able to.

Don't forget, clonee man was also peppersprayed before a taser was used, and kept going.
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/video/news/video-1138836/Man-shot-multiple-times-police-Tasers-wont-down.html

• Registered Users Posts: 10,770 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Apollo House #2.

Don’t know much about these things but could they not have shot him in the leg? Maybe it doesn’t work like that?

I don't think we know the full list of measures they took yet, in what order etc. They did apparently taser him but that didn't work. Also a bulletin in the leg (or anywhere) can kill rapidly if it hits an artery.

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭lolokeogh

Prity rough goings on in around dublin city as we speak i hear..im sure we will see some footage soon enough

No go fund me for the manager of the EuroSpar with the broken nose and lost teeth I take it.

What you are seeing outside Blacharstown Garda station are the real racists in society.

I was in the shop this morning and fair play to all the staff, they were just trying to go on about their business of serving the locals. Despite the trauma they witnessed yesterday. The manager is a lovely man, friendly and helpful.
    Was good to see a lot of the locals asking for them all and passing on well wishes.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭ThewhiteJesus

i feel very sorry for his younger brother having to speak for the family the mother is so upset,
    the poor lad is only 20 and saw his brother shot dead in front of him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭knucklehead6

Fann Linn wrote: »
    They've a go fund me for his funeral costs also if anyone wants to chip in.

Damn. I missed out on that. It would have been great to set up a go fund me for this lads funeral costs, watch the money roll in then keep it all and laugh at the simpletons who donated.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,595 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Juiced to the gills on drugs.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭HTCOne

Only person who deserves a gofundme is the Garda who shot the scumbag

• Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

Well trained dogs can be good in this situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Gerrymandering reborn

Buddy Bubs wrote: »
    His brother is a scumbag and brought it on himself.

I'm sorry but could you elaborate? Genuinely curious

• Registered Users Posts: 16,360 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

padd b1975 wrote: »
    Apollo House #2.

Glen can do a "Candle in the Wind" cover.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,508 ✭✭✭Damien360

I'm actually more annoyed at our justice system and politicians for allowing this mentality fester and multiply.....

Dangerous times ahead.

No politician should comment until all the investigations are done. Unfortunately those investigations will take 6 months to a year to publish and by then the hate mob have moved on. So the only real way to be effective is to go on the same platform as the loons and instigators, and point by point, pick their arguments apart. Do we really want to go down the Trump version of politics on Twitter ? Solutions.... investigation under one week but then the mob will shout it wasn't given enough time. How does common sense come out of this one

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

i feel very sorry for his younger brother having to speak for the family the mother is so upset,
    the poor lad is only 20 and saw his brother shot dead in front of him
    Yes, it must be terrible to have a member of your family killed in front of you.

Has anyone offered an account on why George went to the shopping centre and attacked people, and why he was carrying a weapon?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,156 ✭✭✭screamer

gibgodsman wrote: »
    Being lazy so just going to repost what I said on the other, for some reason closed thread

I swear twitter and Facebook is just a wash with SJW's, and the "Vigil" at his house is just laughable. Yes he was a .... non white man, I honestly don't know what is allowed to even be said anymore, but what has that go to do with anything?

He went into a Eurospar in Hartstown, attacked and beat a security guard, wasn't a manager btw, broke his nose and damaged his teeth, went to stab him but he managed to run away, he had a large knife btw, some people saying a Machete.

He then attempted to flee and was confronted by unarmed Guards who he threatened with a Knife and led a car chase to his estate, eventually the armed response showed up and did deploy a tazer which had 0 effect, which is not unheard of, you see that alot in America and elsewhere, Pepper spray was also used and it had no effect. He can clearly be seen swinging the knife directly at a Guard who was armed, and only after everything else failed, did the guard use the last resort, which was ABSOLUTELY JUSTIFIED.

Now his family is suggesting a Mental illness and he was a nice fellow, which is odd considering the day before that he absolutely battered a man because of his sexual orientation, and just before Christmas he attacked an Elderly woman and also attempted to burgle some houses.

So lets say he was Mentally ill, ok so when he eventually did manage to stab someone to death, and at their funeral, do the Guards just say "Sorry we could do nothing, he suffered from a mental illness and was not white so we couldn't shoot him? Nah, he got what he deserved, Mental illness or not, most serial killers if not all suffer from a mental illness, doesn't mean they shouldnt be brought to Justice by any means

If he was that mentally ill that he was going around beating the ****e out of people, why didn’t someone have him sectioned????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭malinheader

If any kind of protest is let go ahead or turned a blind eye to in support of a criminal by our pathetic government then I think it's a sure sign the way they plan for this country to go.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement