Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

George Nkencho shooting *Mod warning Added to OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭Buddy Bubs

Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    RTE and the Irish Times don't seem keen to promote BLM agenda all of a sudden. Great to see little if any Irish people involved in the protests just New Irish!

The real irish will get involved on Twitter crying a river but they won't go out in the cold. They're not really offended or upset, just bandwagoning. I just can't get upset about a criminal I don't know getting shot while being a criminal. Shot by police or chopped up and put in a suitcase, I don't know them and I don't care.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Lucy Michael SRC
    Above all, we must remember that a community is grieving and fearful for their children tonight.
    This is how you sow division.
    You make it out that there are killers on the prowl and they will kill kids for no reason.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭ThewhiteJesus

Oh wow, you throw the race card, disgusting individual you are.

I absolutely disgust people like you..

I have friends that are from other countries and I actually don't see colour I see a human being.

But as it's come up this is how we can describe eachother and that's not racist.

If I were pink or yellow I'd be called that wouldn't I!!!!

I'm only replying to what you wrote, it certainly comes across as racist tarring all black people with the same brush.
    As for disgusting you, well not much i can do about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,041 ✭✭✭Patser

Gruffalux wrote: »
    It looks like there is a cordon of people trying to push them back from the doors and de-escalate. Saying back back, or something like that.

Yeah definitely a guy in a green jacket shouting 'Can we stop this now' and signalling for everyone to go back, a few others at door doing the same.

Problem with riling people up in a protest, is then trying to control them and the message

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Mr.S wrote: »
    1 - You have no idea of his citizenship status, what if he was born here?
    2 - Citing Facebook as a source on previous convictions is dangerous.

Did you read my post at all?

Facebook, Twitter and basically any other are dangerous but how is it the thugs followers can use it and not be questioned?

I'm not falling for the crap posted and I only go for what's actually real hence why I stated what I did.

I believe everyone has a right to a fair trial or fairness to be either guilty or not.

I'm fully aware of what false accusations can do and have been in court myself and wouldn't wish it on anyone.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

Gruffalux wrote: »
    It looks like there is a cordon of people trying to push them back from the doors and de-escalate. Saying back back, or something like that.

Should be baton charged.
    Also are in breach of public health regulations.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,193 ✭✭✭Be right back

What the fcuk are they doing in the Blanch centre? Zero connection to what happened. Muppets.

To get out of the cold!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

I'm only replying to what you wrote, it certainly comes across as racist tarring all black people with the same brush.

Show me where I stated all????

Same saying all white in which I never have or would.

Absolute uneducated rubbish been spouted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,801 ✭✭✭mightyreds

biko wrote: »
    Why do they try to get in to the shopping centre instead of a vigil at the house where he was killed?

You won't get a ps5 at a house vigil

• Registered Users Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭Buddy Bubs

Can't believe you mentioned tarring. What next, feathering? Disgusting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,489 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

27 is a grown man.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭piplip87

What the fcuk are they doing in the Blanch centre? Zero connection to what happened. Muppets.

George wanted them to have the newest pair of Nikes and a Flat screen TV.

Show me where I stated all????

Same saying all white in which I never have or would.

Absolute uneducated rubbish been spouted.

it's only two or so posts back i'm sure you'll manage.

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭ek motor

They seem very well behaved. Even abiding by the one way system

https://twitter.com/yvonneot/status/1344646188394455042

What is actually happening in this video?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,136 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Lucy Michael #BlackLivesMatter #EndDirectProvision
    @drlucymichael
    ·
    Dec 30, 2020
    Replying to @drlucymichael
    Above all, we must remember that a community is grieving and fearful for their children tonight. An Garda Síochána must go above and beyond to demonstrate that they can be trusted to acknowledge and address bias, and police our communities fairly and transparently.

WHAT A LOAD OF WAFFLE.

THESE IDIOTS ARE ENABLING THIS BEHAVIOUR.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭malinheader

piplip87 wrote: »
    George wanted them to have the newest pair of Nikes and a Flat screen TV.

Not be work boots or work wear they are interested in.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭gizabeer

ek motor wrote: »
    What is actually happening in this video?

Pre loot warm up

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 382 ✭✭oldtimeyfella

Shame there wasn't a social worker around to stop this unarmed aspiring young future engineer/astronaut/president from being cruely gunned down by the evil Gardaí for the harmless action of brandishing a weapon at multiple people.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

If anyone knows the victim(s) in the Spar and wants to start a gofundme i'd throw a few quid in

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Gerrymandering reborn

Buddy Bubs wrote: »
    Yep, he attacked policemen and women with a machete. Robbed a shop and beat up staff to get the police attention in first place.
    gizabeer wrote: »
    Pre loot warm up

I'd say most of the shops in the center are thankful they are closing up this evening for lockdown.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

biko wrote: »
    Yes, it must be terrible to have a member of your family killed in front of you.

Has anyone offered an account on why George went to the shopping centre and attacked people, and why he was carrying a weapon?

I'm sure his brother would have a good idea

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭piplip87

A reply to the Tanistes tweet:

"Say his name Leo #GEORGENKENCHO. YOU need to defund and abolish the gardai. How many more young unarmed boys from minority backgrounds have to die at the hands of an inherently white supremacist police force before you act?? #BlackLivesMatter"

Lads this is mental. I'd be worried if I was in parts of Dublin this weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Gruffalux

They seem very well behaved. Even abiding by the one way system

https://twitter.com/yvonneot/status/1344646188394455042

I had to look up that poster Lucy Michael as they have been all over the place emoting on Twitter with highly inflammatory language. Communities fearful for their children now? Commenting on the lack of trust built up by police actions over time. Immediately associating it with issues in the UK and saying the gardai draw their policies and tactics from the UK. Claiming the gardai have inbuilt bias to perceive ethnic minorities especially Black people as inherently more aggressive. And so on.

https://www.ihrec.ie/about/chief-commissioner-members-of-ihrec/dr-lucy-michael/
    Lucy Michael is a commissioner on the publicly funded Irish Human Rights and Equality commission - an independent public body that accounts directly to the Oireachtas. Says she is an Integration, diversity and equality ''expert''. Lucy should not promote unsubstantiated accusations against AGS in such a casual manner

• Registered Users Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭del roy

If anyone knows the victim(s) in the Spar and wants to start a gofundme i'd throw a few quid in

ME TOO

• Registered Users Posts: 7,457 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

"Say his name Leo #GEORGENKENCHO. YOU need to defund and abolish the gardai. How many more young unarmed boys from minority backgrounds have to die at the hands of an inherently white supremacist police force before you act?? #BlackLivesMatter"

This was coming for years.

Why Ireland thought it would be different to the world is beyond me.

Only going yo get worst.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,595 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Mr.S wrote: »
    Tbh posting crap like this is worse.

Why do you not want it known he beat up an old person.

Says a lot about you doesn't it.

I agree i can see it exploding, this narrative of he deserved to die is driving it.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

I'm sure his brother would have a good idea

The brother claimed he only had a butter knife and was laying down after being tasered before being shot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Seriously what clown wrote that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,770 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Aren't all these stores closed from this evening for a while?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement