Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

George Nkencho shooting *Mod warning Added to OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭malinheader

piplip87 wrote: »
    A reply to the Tanistes tweet:

"Say his name Leo #GEORGENKENCHO. YOU need to defund and abolish the gardai. How many more young unarmed boys from minority backgrounds have to die at the hands of an inherently white supremacist police force before you act?? #BlackLivesMatter"

Lads this is mental. I'd be worried if I was in parts of Dublin this weekend.

It might be a blessing to let some of the idiots in power just what kind of society were looking at in the future unless big big big changes are made. Only have to look across the water to see what a mess there in.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,489 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

"Say his name Leo #GEORGENKENCHO. YOU need to defund and abolish the gardai. How many more young unarmed boys from minority backgrounds have to die at the hands of an inherently white supremacist police force before you act?? #BlackLivesMatter"

I would attribute blame for this over reaction on the American news making headlines constantly here, mixing up Ireland with America. Irish people fighting culture wars in America.

Marked difference once it happens on your own doorstep.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭CinemaGuy45

Pkiernan wrote: »
    Our far left chickens have come home to roost.

Shame they won't riot out in Donnybrook or Foxrock.

Do what we say not what we do.

654610_v9_ba.jpg

It's reassuring to see that there are at least 307 sane people left in Ireland.

537767.PNG

If we get pushed too far I don't think as a population we will stand for it to be honest.

As someone else said. This is all pure nonsense. The guy was a threat and lost his life because of it. Look how the guards dealt with Mark Hennessy.

No racism angle.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭Bigmac1euro

Attacking a bus because the bus was racist

https://twitter.com/videossick/status/1344646791199940609?s=21

• Advertisement

That’s the looper who tweeted about “inside the K” being the KKK

If anyone knows the victim(s) in the Spar and wants to start a gofundme i'd throw a few quid in

As I've said already on the thread, I'd avoid any publicity for the victims because they'd likely face reprisals.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,156 ✭✭✭screamer

This was coming for years.

Why Ireland thought it would be different to the world is beyond me.

Only going yo get worst.

It’s only starting, but Irish people can be told nothing. The ah sure be grand brigade are strong in this country, unfortunately fence sitting is not going to fix this problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Looks like we've mirrored the experience in other European countries and allowed parrallel societies to develop along race lines.

• Site Banned Posts: 2 Foghat

Shame there wasn't a social worker around to stop this unarmed aspiring young future engineer/astronaut/president from being cruely gunned down by the evil Gardaí for the harmless action of brandishing a weapon at multiple people.

Actually he was brandishing a knife but was otherwise unarmed.

#ruthcoppingerlogic

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,249 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

I am absolutely sickened at a number of people in this situation. So let's clear things up. This is not Ireland George Floyd moment. Floyd was an innocent man recklessly murdered by police and suffocated to death because he paid with a fake $20 note.

This man, brutally attacked a store manager in a homophobic attack, and he's still in hospital. He lunged at, and attacked members of the Gardai with a machate, not a knife. You may as well compare a butter knife and a sword. He pushed through attempts to peacefully restrain him involving a taser and pepper spray. He was shot once, and continued his attack, he was then shot two more times.

Yes, it's always awful when Gardai are forced to use deadly force, but it was their last resort.

Now, the death has nothing to do with his skin colour, much like the crime he committed had nothing to do with skin colour. He was another scumbag, a criminal who broke the law and attempted to attack the police who tried to arrest him for public safety.

It sickens me that the far right are using this as a weapon against immigration, and it sickens me that the far left are using this as a weapon against the Gardai and nonsensical claims of discrimination against POC.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,841 ✭✭✭TomTomTim

Big oul racist bus oppressing black people

“The man who lies to himself can be more easily offended than anyone else. You know it is sometimes very pleasant to take offense, isn't it? A man may know that nobody has insulted him, but that he has invented the insult for himself, has lied and exaggerated to make it picturesque, has caught at a word and made a mountain out of a molehill--he knows that himself, yet he will be the first to take offense, and will revel in his resentment till he feels great pleasure in it.”- ― Fyodor Dostoevsky, The Brothers Karamazov

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭SporadicMan

Looks like we've mirrored the experience in other European countries and allowed parrallel societies to develop along race lines.
    Except we were so great about spreading them around everywhere. We don't have ghettos, we just have a bunch of sub-communities within communities in every county.

At least if it was a ghetto, we could dedicate most resources to that area.

Right now, we've got many areas in West Dublin, Balbriggan, areas of Galway, Cork, etc. etc.

We've ****ed the country.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭ThewhiteJesus

As I've said already on the thread, I'd avoid any publicity for the victims because they'd likely face reprisals.

i agree, and whilst i disagree with the gardai's force, noone should be sharing his name and photo online, which they are doing his whole family could be at risk.

"Nothing's going to happen."
    "Oh well, nothing can be done."

I'm 100% gonna have an argument with someone about this later... Just so i'm clear on the time line;

Man known to gardai for mental health issues

Man was violen towards gardai in the past

He was carrying a machete around

He attacked a guy in spar

There was another incident reported

The gardai tried to disarm with pepper spray and a taser

Neither worked

ASU called

Lunges at ASU with knife

Shot multiple times, continues to lunge

Shot again until threat eliminated

...and this outrages people?

He was black you missed that bit.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭Bigmac1euro

They are now vandalising the spar in blanchardstown that the criminal tried to rob and slashed the manager.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,806 ✭✭✭take everything

Where were the gangs of people running amok in a shopping centre and shouting at police outside a police station after Mark Hennessy was shot dead by police.

Waterford Whispers or the like really need to weigh in on how bizarre and cringeworthy this episode is.

It's embarrassing and kinda outrageous this is allowed to happen and dummy politicians are getting caught up in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

TomTomTim wrote: »

Think it was the 47KKK.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭Polar101

nullzero wrote: »
    Lucy Michael #BlackLivesMatter #EndDirectProvision

Above all, we must remember that a community is grieving and fearful for their children tonight. An Garda Síochána must go above and beyond to demonstrate that they can be trusted to acknowledge and address bias, and police our communities fairly and transparently.

I live close to where the incident took place, and it was shocking - but I'm not afraid of the Gardaí. I think they did their job and protected the community (myself and others who live in the area).

Sure, they should thoroughly investigate what happened, but it still doesn't make it a race issue or an example of police brutality.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Gerrymandering reborn

Why was it yellow!!!??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,215 ✭✭✭Did you smash it

Did he slash the manager? Seems some outlets are just reporting he verbally threatened staff but no mention of violence. Bit weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 903 ✭✭✭Get Real

I agree i can see it exploding, this narrative of he deserved to die is driving it.

People like you are driving it. You can see how the tone of your posts has changed after you've been called out, but your aim remains the same.

You initially: claimed a man was murdered in his front garden.

Then further facts emerged.

You then implied non lethal force wasn't used.

Then further facts emerged.

You then, posted (in the now closed thread) that "police investigate police" an absolute import from the USA, implying some sort of struggle which you are apart of.

Gsoc are investigating, you know, civilians, solicitors, not guards.

Instead of pushing a narritive on here, and then moving your own goalposts, why not put in a freedom of information into your local TD. How many black people were arrested last year, as a proportion of total arrests?

Again, I think you'll find facts that put to bed your theory of some kind of racist, supercop, USA police state.

But you're the one making that case, so please produce the facts of what your getting at. Thanks.

• Site Banned Posts: 2 Foghat

I agree the Gardai should be disbanded.

When there is no law and order it will feel just like home for the African immigrants.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,489 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

They are now vandalising the spar in blanchardstown that the criminal tried to rob and slashed the manager.

Where you hearing that?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,516 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Wibbs wrote: »
    Sadly not. Or rather how Irish is their citizenship? If anyone is here because of the birthright loophole, or here illegally, or as euphemistically put "undocumented", then IMHO the option for deportation for crimes against the Irish state and people should most certainly be in play, no matter the colour of skin. Deport them back to Russia, Nigeria, Georgia or wherever.
    This is the kind of racist bollocks that gives fuel to the idiots trying to turn this incident into one of race.

"How Irish is their citizenship" ffs. If they're Irish citizens, somewhat straightforwardly, then their citizenship is as Irish as you or mine.

"Birthright loophole". It's not a loophole, it's the law ffs.

It's entirely possible to refute the "this was a racist killing" arguement without resorting to being a massive racist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

Sonics2k wrote: »
    I am absolutely sickened at a number of people in this situation. So let's clear things up. This is not Ireland George Floyd moment. Floyd was an innocent man recklessly murdered by police and suffocated to death because he paid with a fake $20 note.

This man, brutally attacked a store manager in a homophobic attack, and he's still in hospital. He lunged at, and attacked members of the Gardai with a machate, not a knife. You may as well compare a butter knife and a sword. He pushed through attempts to peacefully restrain him involving a taser and pepper spray. He was shot once, and continued his attack, he was then shot two more times.

Yes, it's always awful when Gardai are forced to use deadly force, but it was their last resort.

Now, the death has nothing to do with his skin colour, much like the crime he committed had nothing to do with skin colour. He was another scumbag, a criminal who broke the law and attempted to attack the police who tried to arrest him for public safety.

It sickens me that the far right are using this as a weapon against immigration, and it sickens me that the far left are using this as a weapon against the Gardai and nonsensical claims of discrimination against POC.

It sickens me that the genie is well and truly out of the bottle now.
    But then again people on both sides wanted this. Whipped themselves into a frenzy over what was happening in the states.

The virus is here now.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭ThewhiteJesus

Did he slash the manager? Seems some outlets are just reporting he verbally threatened staff but no mention of violence. Bit weird.

yes seems alot of disparity, same with a butter knife or a machete depending on what you read

• Registered Users Posts: 6,156 ✭✭✭screamer

TomTomTim wrote: »

Bus Links Matter

• Advertisement

Only 10 people allowed at a funeral now

What's the 10k needed for exactly?

If you think the rules will apply to that funeral I have bad news for you.
    Santa Claws is not real.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement