Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

George Nkencho shooting *Mod warning Added to OP*

Options

Comments

They are now vandalising the spar in blanchardstown that the criminal tried to rob and slashed the manager.

Thus **** has to stop

"Birthright loophole". It's not a loophole, it's the law ffs.

It was a loophole. The country voted in overwhelming numbers to close the loophole. Many of our politicians now wish to reintroduce it.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,214 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

I think thats a separate protest about Bus Connects and removing Route 70

• Registered Users Posts: 7,457 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

yes seems alot of disparity, same with a butter knife or a machete depending on what you read

I seen the pic of him.

His lip was sliced open.

Gonna be a nasty scar

• Registered Users Posts: 8,934 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Bird Smith tweeting Leo to "go visit the family that lost so much at the hands of the Gardai"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,920 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

• Registered Users Posts: 24,214 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

If you think the rules will apply to that funeral I have bad news for you.
    Santa Claws is not real.

Neither is Santa Claus.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭SporadicMan

This has been coming for a long time. Those who don't have to live in the same areas have been denying the tension between these communities.

We've had gangs coming to my part of North Co. Dublin every second weekend to cause hassle. Robbing kids, beating people up, etc.

Nobody gave a ****. Nobody reported on it except Dublin Live. Many people said it was made up. I've heard the same things for other parts of North Co. Dublin too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭Bigmac1euro

Marching to the spar no justice no peace hahahahaha

https://streamable.com/jta2w6

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭baalad

Sonics2k wrote: »
    I am absolutely sickened at a number of people in this situation. So let's clear things up. This is not Ireland George Floyd moment. Floyd was an innocent man recklessly murdered by police and suffocated to death because he paid with a fake $20 note.

This man, brutally attacked a store manager in a homophobic attack, and he's still in hospital. He lunged at, and attacked members of the Gardai with a machate, not a knife. You may as well compare a butter knife and a sword. He pushed through attempts to peacefully restrain him involving a taser and pepper spray. He was shot once, and continued his attack, he was then shot two more times.

Yes, it's always awful when Gardai are forced to use deadly force, but it was their last resort.

Now, the death has nothing to do with his skin colour, much like the crime he committed had nothing to do with skin colour. He was another scumbag, a criminal who broke the law and attempted to attack the police who tried to arrest him for public safety.

It sickens me that the far right are using this as a weapon against immigration, and it sickens me that the far left are using this as a weapon against the Gardai and nonsensical claims of discrimination against POC.

George was far from innocent. He was scum. He had put a knife to a pregnant womans stomach previous to the incident that led to his death. Theres also video footage of him resisting arrest, refusing to sit in the car and complaining he cant breathe long before he was restrained on the ground. People nearby can be heard telling him to stop resisting etc But none of that circulated on social media eh

He got what he deserved and so did this clown yesterday. Couldnt give a **** what color he was. Absolutely has nothing to do with it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

Just out of interest how many "unarmed, ethnic minority" men have been killed by the Gardai? I would guess it's zero

This guy was armed and dangerous, it's not an outcome anyone wanted but it sure seems like his actions made sure it was the only possible outcome

This is not, and never will be, our George Floyd moment because they are poles apart in terms of circumstances

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭CinemaGuy45

i feel very sorry for his younger brother having to speak for the family the mother is so upset,
    the poor lad is only 20 and saw his brother shot dead in front of him

I don't give a **** about them.

Do you feel sorry for that poor manager in Spar?
    Do you feel sorry for the poor Guard who was forced to take the shots?
    Do you feel sorry for all the people this scumbag terrorised?:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

I seen the pic of him.

His lip was sliced open.

Gonna be a nasty scar

If it's the same one I saw it is nasty, cut on the right side of his face. Can't see the full wound as there is some gauze covering it. But multiple stitches and a scar for sure. But if course he's not the victim, poor old George is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Gruffalux

I seen the pic of him.

His lip was sliced open.

Gonna be a nasty scar

Not just his lip, looks like whole length of face. (If true).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,841 ✭✭✭TomTomTim

I am absolutely sickened at a number of people in this situation. So let's clear things up. This is not Ireland George Floyd moment. Floyd was an innocent man recklessly murdered by police and suffocated to death because he paid with a fake $20 note.

This man, brutally attacked a store manager in a homophobic attack, and he's still in hospital. He lunged at, and attacked members of the Gardai with a machate, not a knife. You may as well compare a butter knife and a sword. He pushed through attempts to peacefully restrain him involving a taser and pepper spray. He was shot once, and continued his attack, he was then shot two more times.

Yes, it's always awful when Gardai are forced to use deadly force, but it was their last resort.

Now, the death has nothing to do with his skin colour, much like the crime he committed had nothing to do with skin colour. He was another scumbag, a criminal who broke the law and attempted to attack the police who tried to arrest him for public safety.

It sickens me that the far right are using this as a weapon against immigration, and it sickens me that the far left are using this as a weapon against the Gardai and nonsensical claims of discrimination against POC.

He had a similar criminal history to the George in the Irish case.

Screen-Shot-2020-06-09-at-3.19.47-PM.png

And the cause of his death is also contested

“The man who lies to himself can be more easily offended than anyone else. You know it is sometimes very pleasant to take offense, isn't it? A man may know that nobody has insulted him, but that he has invented the insult for himself, has lied and exaggerated to make it picturesque, has caught at a word and made a mountain out of a molehill--he knows that himself, yet he will be the first to take offense, and will revel in his resentment till he feels great pleasure in it.”- ― Fyodor Dostoevsky, The Brothers Karamazov

• Registered Users Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭donkey balls

Absolute nuts isn't it.

Yeah the Klu Klax Klan have had a huge historical following here in Ireland. We go to mass on a Sunday morning, after that dress up with the bedsheets and go marching and burning a few crosses. Finish off the day by going to the local GAA match. A great Irish Sunday for all the family.

The KKK Would also have hated for the majority of Irish people with us being predominantly Catholic.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,457 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

PsychoPete wrote: »
    Bird Smith tweeting Leo to "go visit the family that lost so much at the hands of the Gardai"

She can **** right off..

When will people stop voting in leftie loonys???

They are destroying our country.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,770 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Bird Smith tweeting Leo to "go visit the family that lost so much at the hand of the Gardai"

At the end of the day people vote these individuals in on the assumption their vote doesn't matter.

But it does matter when people who are unfit for public service are elected to public office.

I'm blue in the face saying it to people who say "they will vote for so and so just to stick it to the others"...

But if enough people vote the same way you end up with people like that getting elected who have no tact, little common sense and shoot their mouths off without thinking on all sorts of issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,173 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

The chilly weather will have them off the streets in no time.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,578 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Oh wow, you throw the race card, disgusting individual you are.

I absolutely disgust people like you..

I have friends that are from other countries and I actually don't see colour I see a human being.

But as it's come up this is how we can describe eachother and that's not racist.

If I were pink or yellow I'd be called that wouldn't I!!!!
    I'm only replying to what you wrote, it certainly comes across as racist tarring all black people with the same brush.
    As for disgusting you, well not much i can do about that.

Mod:

Cut out this sniping or I'll threadban the pair of you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,015 ✭✭✭Shelga

I emailed the office of Hazel Chu to register my alarm at her irresponsible tweets. I really never, ever complain about stuff (and I gave the Greens a mention on the ballot in February) but she is an elected representative of Dublin City, it's not on.

Expressing gratitude to the members of AGS who protected the public from a dangerous and violent criminal was the only appropriate response. Or better yet, just shut up and say nothing- acknowledge that you know nothing about what happened.

What really galled me was her retweeting someone who says the police have inherent bias that makes them perceive ethnic minorities to be more aggressive. Based on absolutely nothing, but especially based on zero evidence in relation to this case.

What would an 18 year old who is considering joining AGS think, upon hearing that utter sh*te come out of the mouth of our Lord Mayor?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭katiek102010

JJayoo wrote: »
    Allowing? Oh like she owned him? Your line of thinking really is bizarre.

It was her home
    It was not his home. He lived elsewhere.

She allowed him to use her home to sell drugs and guns.

What prt of tht do you not understand

• Registered Users Posts: 2,841 ✭✭✭TomTomTim

She can **** right off..

When will people stop voting in leftie loonys???

They are destroying our country.

Likely when it's far too late.

“The man who lies to himself can be more easily offended than anyone else. You know it is sometimes very pleasant to take offense, isn't it? A man may know that nobody has insulted him, but that he has invented the insult for himself, has lied and exaggerated to make it picturesque, has caught at a word and made a mountain out of a molehill--he knows that himself, yet he will be the first to take offense, and will revel in his resentment till he feels great pleasure in it.”- ― Fyodor Dostoevsky, The Brothers Karamazov

• Registered Users Posts: 2,049 ✭✭✭Icsics

100% behind the Gardai on this, they did their job. I hope that the Gardai & their families are getting the support they need. And I hope every other scumbag in the country takes a good look at what happens when you break the law. Well done Gardai.

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭sterz

Marching to the spar no justice no peace hahahahaha

Wouldn't be out of place on the cringe subreddit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Get Real wrote: »
    People like you are driving it. You can see how the tone of your posts has changed after you've been called out, but your aim remains the same.

You initially: claimed a man was murdered in his front garden.

Then further facts emerged.

You then implied non lethal force wasn't used.

Then further facts emerged.

You then, posted (in the now closed thread) that "police investigate police" an absolute import from the USA, implying some sort of struggle which you are apart of.

Gsoc are investigating, you know, civilians, solicitors, not guards.

Instead of pushing a narritive on here, and then moving your own goalposts, why not put in a freedom of information into your local TD. How many black people were arrested last year, as a proportion of total arrests?

Again, I think you'll find facts that put to bed your theory of some kind of racist, supercop, USA police state.

But you're the one making that case, so please produce the facts of what your getting at. Thanks.

Actually he claimed the deceased was executed in his garden.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭Bigmac1euro

If that's true then the Gardaí should go down there and pepper a few more bullets to put a stop to that. IF it's true.

It is true. I’m getting sent videos live.

Here they are on the way

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Getting lambasted for it in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,595 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

These's a pic of the man that got slashed a few tweets down from that one, one look at that ends all debate on what kind of guy this fella was.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56,471 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Floyd was an innocent man recklessly murdered by police and suffocated to death because he paid with a fake $20 note.

Are you for real?

George Floyd was justifiably apprehended and arrested, not because he was an innocent man. He was involved in criminality. Hence the police acted

The issue with Foyd is what happened when he was on the ground being restrained...

Murdered? Have I missed something?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement