Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

George Nkencho shooting *Mod warning Added to OP*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭CinemaGuy45

biko wrote: »
    Why do they try to get in to the shopping centre instead of a vigil at the house where he was killed?

You don't get Nikes and other free stuff and some boring vigil that's why.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭ThewhiteJesus

god that's awful alright i hope he's getting looked after

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭Bigmac1euro

Video of spar incoming

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

Marching to the spar no justice no peace hahahahaha

https://streamable.com/jta2w6

No justice? He got the justice he deserved, the scumbag. The only problem is that there seem to be many more scumbags like him, going on that march.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭completedit

I am cringing for them but in fairness I can see why they would rally behind each other during these times. In Ireland, their tribe is African Irish, ofc many will not condone this man but for those who feel marginalized, isolated or alienated in a country that they don't truly feel represents them, it makes sense they would use moments like this for unity.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,186 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Did he slash the Spar employee in the face with a knife?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭katiek102010

Mr.S wrote: »
    The only thing I don't really understand is how the non-lethal force failed to stop him.

I thought a taser basically stops you in your tracks? Unless they missed and then he lunged?

It's depends if he was off his head on drugs it would have little or no effect on him

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭Bigmac1euro

Lol

You killed my brother.
    That’s a shutter love.

https://streamable.com/310bbb

• Registered Users Posts: 56,471 ✭✭✭✭walshb

d51984 wrote: »
    I can see someone else been killed today. Its getting out of hand now.

And I will blame those on social media stoking this....encouraging people to act against the Gardai...we know who they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,156 ✭✭✭screamer

Shouting no justice no peace.... ha.... they can fvck right off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,430 ✭✭✭MrMusician18

All I can say is that I'm grateful for boards today. If twitter was your only source you could be convinced that a lot of people had lost their marbles.

Not often is say that!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,456 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

I am cringing for them but in fairness I can see why they would rally behind each other during these times. In Ireland, their tribe is African Irish, ofc many will not condone this man but for those who feel marginalized, isolated or alienated in a country that they don't truly feel represents them, it makes sense they would use moments like this for unity.

Give it over ffs.

They get free houses, free education, free whatever they want.

Why would they feel marginalised?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,193 ✭✭✭Be right back

god that's awful alright i hope he's getting looked after

That's shocking. The poor man.

• Registered Users Posts: 56,471 ✭✭✭✭walshb

J. Marston wrote: »

I didn't hear this. I did hear he beat him...

• walshb wrote: »
    Are you for real?

George Floyd was justifiably apprehended and arrested, not because he was an innocent man. He was involved in criminality. Hence the police acted

The issue with Foyd is what happened when he was on the ground being restrained...

Murdered? Have I missed something?

The way he was restrained was not justified and he was murdered. He made no attempt to attack police and despite pleas and screams that “I can’t breathe” he refused to lift his knee. That’s not nearly the same as this case and is completely sickening to see it dragged up.

This George attacked multiple people including a Garda with a machete.

George floyd was suffocated for no reason, that’s the difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,214 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Foghat wrote: »
    Coming back courtesy of Labour.

I think that particular campaign, which was dug up from its grave recently by Alan Kelly, to try to make himself relevant in any way, was one of the most naive, politically ill judged, pointless and mistimed suggestions from any Party of recent decades.

It could only have come from the desk of the Comical Ali of water charges.

In 2004, before the financial crash, before the migrant crisis in Europe, before direct provision and everything else, the result was 80-20. One could only imagine how close to 100% it would be now.

Alan Kelly is a uniquely poor politician.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭wadacrack

People need to start focussing on themselves and how to get through the next few months. Rather than looking to be outraged by events they cannot control. One weeks its female rights the next its Black Lives Matter. Progress is being made on both but equality is impossible. Equal opportunity will never equal the outcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

A lot of politicians should learn to keep their mouths shut until all the facts come out on this; the general public is not twitter.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,934 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Witcher wrote: »
    Getting lambasted for it in fairness.

And rightly so

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Gruffalux

Witcher wrote: »
    Getting lambasted for it in fairness.

In fairness it's a really bad tweet...''who lost so much at the nads of the AGS'.. Though she is only following the Minister for Justice and the Lord Mayor of Dublin.

https://twitter.com/bridsmithTD/status/1344654648834207744?s=20

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭ThewhiteJesus

I don't give a **** about them.

Do you feel sorry for that poor manager in Spar?
    Do you feel sorry for the poor Guard who was forced to take the shots?
    Do you feel sorry for all the people this scumbag terrorised?:mad:

for the guys in the shop yes of course i do,
    for the garda, not in the slightest and i hope he faces a full independent investigation.
    and I won't call the deceased a scumbag he had serious mental health issues and didn't deserve to die.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,578 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

walshb wrote: »
    Are you for real?

George Floyd was justifiably apprehended and arrested, not because he was an innocent man. He was involved in criminality. Hence the police acted

The issue with Foyd is what happened when he was on the ground being restrained...

Murdered? Have I missed something?
    The way he was restrained was not justified and he was murdered. He made no attempt to attack police and despite pleas and screams that “I can’t breathe” he refused to lift his knee. That’s not nearly the same as this case and is completely sickening to see it dragged up.

This George attacked multiple people including a Garda with a machete.

George floyd was suffocated for no reason, that’s the difference.

Mod:

This discussion is off topic, can we please stick to Irish matters in this thread

• Registered Users Posts: 6,156 ✭✭✭screamer

Their tribe, go away out of that. Their tribes are in Africa, they are Irish, time for them to realise that and cop on.

J. Marston wrote: »

Yep

• Registered Users Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

It's depends if he was off his head on drugs it would have little or no effect on him
    Or depending on clothing he was wearing, not as affective going through a few layers.

Lol

You killed my brother.
    That’s a shutter love.

https://streamable.com/310bbb

Right....

So they attack the very Spar that he robbed.

These people are pretty thick. Not some of our brightest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭CinemaGuy45

mightyreds wrote: »
    You won't get a ps5 at a house vigil

Stupid post.:mad:

They would be lucky to get an Xbox Series X even PS5s are super hard to find right now.

Sorry just a joke to break the tension.

I have got what I needed to say off my chest as have others I really hope things calm down.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,456 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Hazel Chu needs to go.

On twitter stoking revenge and hatred towards the gards.

She is a disgrace.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,516 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

It was a loophole. The country voted in overwhelming numbers to close the loophole. Many of our politicians now wish to reintroduce it.

Yes, 15 years ago, and the amendment grandfathered (i.e. did not disqualify) anyone who had acquired citizenship beforehand. There is no loophole. They are citizens, by law.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭completedit

screamer wrote: »
    Their tribe, go away out of that. Their tribes are in Africa, they are Irish, time for them to realise that and cop on.

I agree with you. But I'm just getting why they are using this event to protest. Probably don't have perspective, don't feel immersed in the country they live in, feel like victims because they've allowed a narrative of injustice to corrupt their mind. From the videos above, I've seen two white people, the rest are African.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement