Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

George Nkencho shooting *Mod warning Added to OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭donkey balls

They're are in their bollox.
    The placid Irish wont do a thing

Are you sure about that?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Tzardine wrote: »
    Just to say, that picture of the supposed shop victim is fake. Its a photo of an English football fan that was attacked.

Not to quote trump and fake news but when it comes to Twitter you can't exactly say he was wrong with the expression!

• Registered Users Posts: 52,017 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

I agree i can see it exploding, this narrative of he deserved to die is driving it.

Anyone who behaved in the manner he did couldn’t expect any other outcome.
    You attack anyone who is carrying a deadly weapon with a deadly weapon then you have to expect the worst. He got ample opportunities to desist.

If someone came at me with a machete and I had a gun I’d have done the same, emptied it in him. He’s no loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,182 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

People must stop sharing the video of his death online.

His family have done nothing wrong.

We should report any social media account that reposts it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭ThewhiteJesus

Just to say, that picture of the supposed shop victim is fake. Its a photo of an English football fan that was attacked.

fair play it had me fooled, any news on the real injuries to the lads in the shop anyone ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭ZX7R

They're are in their bollox.
    The placid Irish wont do a thing

It's not the placid Irish i would be worried about, it would be the security guards minority roots I be worried about according to some social media

https://mobile.twitter.com/BluntMan____/status/1344655951249498115

Blanchardstown shopping centre from today accordingly.

Who are they filming?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,224 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Re: spar hartstown https://streamable.com/310bbb

They're all young arseholes. Just like the ones I was reading on twitter. No cop on yet and think this is some "movement"

I hate people lol.

What's No P they're chanting mean, is it a Jedward tune or something...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

Rubbish. The video is an important part of the narrative. Its clear why the family don't want to see it (other than the obvious)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,489 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Are you having a laugh? Everyone has seen it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Tipperary animal lover

The carry on in blanch shopping center today is all ok I suppose, groups of thugs going around hopping the heads off of innocent people doing their shopping all in the name of George!! but it's ok as its only white people can be racists, 2021 gonna be a strange year, thank feck I live in the countryside, all the bleeding hearts have a lot to answer for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

Are you sure about that?

Yes definitely.

Jake1 wrote: »
    Paul Donnelly local TD, is another who tweeted sympathy for the dead man, but I didnt see a mention of well wishes to the staff and customers at the Spar :mad:
    I wish them well.

However some of them are revealing their identities where they work and live and commenting on the matter. Online. They are not being shared along with names addresses places of work and photos.

These are either fake accounts. Or they are VERY unwise and need legal counsel and some common sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 52,017 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

I am cringing for them but in fairness I can see why they would rally behind each other during these times. In Ireland, their tribe is African Irish, ofc many will not condone this man but for those who feel marginalized, isolated or alienated in a country that they don't truly feel represents them, it makes sense they would use moments like this for unity.

Rubbish.
    They don’t have to stay here if they don’t like it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭CinemaGuy45

for the guys in the shop yes of course i do,
    for the garda, not in the slightest and i hope he faces a full independent investigation.
    and I won't call the deceased a scumbag he had serious mental health issues and didn't deserve to die.

You are part of the problem.

Are you having a laugh? Everyone has seen it.
    His family have asked it not be shown. They have done nothing wrong.

We should report accounts that post ANY video like that.

Its obscene.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭Bigmac1euro

Few young lads showed up

https://streamable.com/6ki71c

Its obscene.

Way passed that now.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,602 ✭✭✭✭kippy

This "sides" thing is worrying. It's not something that should be tolerated.
    There is no "sides" here and there shouldn't be in a modern, functioning society.
    There are laws to be upheld. These laws are there for the protection of the many, whether you agree with them or not. There are processes and procedures that the emergency services follow.
    If there genuinely were mental health issues here, it wouldn't be the first time that such a thing has happened but again, the protection of the innocent is the key point.
    Again, any day a human being is killed is a bad day and I am sure the emergency services would have preferred this to have ended in a different manner but when life and limb are at risk, and other avenues have been exhausted there are no "sides" to take.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

The guy was a thug (by the looks of it) but let's not start tarring all ethnic minorities with the same brush. I see some posts popping up with anti-immigration undertones, which is just not on either. There are plenty of homemade scumbags too carrying out the majority of crimes in this country, so let's be proportional with the commentary.

Seen videos of them smashing up Dublin buses now and a Spar shop. How the hell are locals tolerating this trash that are destroying their local community.? Why are they not been arrested ? This behavior will be acceptable unless the forces stop it.

Rubbish. The video is an important part of the narrative. Its clear why the family don't want to see it (other than the obvious)
    The family are innocent.

Videos showing a man being shot are nothing more than gratuitous.

We don't need to know the narrative until the investigation is finished.

Few young lads showed up

The local blanch lads are already planning revenge. And they are some dangerous heads involved. I am seeing the WhatsApp chats.

Gardai need to get a grip on this quick.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 725 ✭✭✭ElJeffe

Re: spar hartstown https://streamable.com/310bbb

They're all young arseholes. Just like the ones I was reading on twitter. No cop on yet and think this is some "movement"

I hate people lol.

"You killed my brother"???

Hold on i thought he was shot outside his house.

Few young lads showed up

Are they fighting each other!

Scum. Just saw a video of them attacking a young white lad and his ma at the petrol station.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,161 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

This is the kind of racist bollocks that gives fuel to the idiots trying to turn this incident into one of race.
    Through your kneejerk ire of "racism" you seem to have missed the Russians and Georgians I mentioned. Last time I looked they were White, or do you only reserve calling "racist bollocks" for the darker of skin?
    "How Irish is their citizenship" ffs. If they're Irish citizens, somewhat straightforwardly, then their citizenship is as Irish as you or mine.
    You also missed the part about undocumented and illegal in your rush to go on about racism. As for the citizen on paper means citizen, frankly I call bollocks at that. If I moved to Spain and married a Spaniard and got a Spanish passport on the back of that, it wouldn't make me magically Spanish. Doubly so if I became involved in criminality in that country.
    "Birthright loophole". It's not a loophole, it's the law ffs.
    You do realise that law was reversed by an overwhelming majority of the Irish electorate in a referendum? It was the law then and now it isn't. So which law do you think is the better one? Or is "it's the law" trump all thought on the matter, or down to which law you happen to agree with? Secondly you do realise that the history of the world is chock full of bad laws? Thirdly most applicants from the same countries that are refused today because of spurious claims, economic migration and social welfare tourism got residency before that law was changed. Did something magically happen to those same origin nations in the interim?
    It's entirely possible to refute the "this was a racist killing" arguement without resorting to being a massive racist.
    I didn't, but if it makes you somehow feel better running with that, work away.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭Buddy Bubs

Its obscene.

Would you stop. It allows people form an opinion. Imagine the nonsense that would be spouted without a video.
    And my opinion is, George is a scumbag and a danger and the police were justified.

• Advertisement

Way passed that now.
    Well at least people should take down the identities of the shop staff.

I can't believe they were so unwise as to post them on social media themselves. If they are real accounts.

I mean there is bound to be bad feeling he had friends.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement