Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

George Nkencho shooting *Mod warning Added to OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,602 ✭✭✭✭kippy

KyussB wrote: »
    Current news reports (backed by the video) say that gunshots happened before he swung the knife at any guard.

Everyone backing the police is stating that this happened the other way around.

So keep in mind: People defending the police here, are defending initial shots being fired, when there is no evidence of him attempting to attack a guard with the knife beforehand.

A pretty gigantic/major key part of the story, here.

And if there was wrong done it will come out.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,312 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

The football fan thing is gas, my friends in a whatsapp group are foaming at the mouth about that picture. So much misinformation gets spread about everything these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭DeanAustin

Buddy Bubs wrote: »
    Would you stop. It allows people form an opinion. Imagine the nonsense that would be spouted without a video.
    And my opinion is, George is a scumbag and a danger and the police were justified.

I've seen the video but couldn't form an opinion on it. It zoomed in when shots were being fired so not sure if it's the same one.

Personally, I'm not forming any opinion on the rights and wrongs of this and no-one else should either. Not my place. WhatsApp videos can lack context. Let the proper authorities do their investigation and I'll form an opinion based on that. The video circulating is a bit tasteless for me.

I can't believe this is being turned into a race issue at this point. There is nothing to seriously suggest that race played a part here and people jumping on that bandwagon to the extent that they are rioting is disgraceful.

There's a lot of factors in the mix here (lockdown stress/boredom, the George Floyd incident still fresh in people's minds, perceived institutional racism) so I can see this running and being destructive for a while yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

Gardai at the scene doing feck all as usual

https://streamable.com/7ahhro

Your man's a tough guy spitting on a cop car. That will show them.

I would say there are a lot of fake videos posted on this thread tbh.

It's pretty easy to tell which are real if you use your brain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Mimon

I would say there are a lot of fake videos posted on this thread tbh.

You are coming up with plenty of guff yourself with SFA evidence to back it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭KyussB

Tzardine wrote: »

You realise that sound and light travel at different speeds right?

The gardai have bodycams. Let's wait for the investigation to run it course.
    Tell the Irish Times, then - who have officially reported, in the newspaper of record, that the gunshot happened beforehand - making that the official account, of our countries leading newspaper.

How fucking slow do you think the speed of sound is anyway?..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Could be like The Purge out around that area tonight. Feel sorry for the decent people living there.

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭gary550

He looks like his back was turned and he was going into the house when they opened fire...that's the way it looks in the video, he came back out then they dropped him with a few shots.
    Unless there was a guard in the house he wasn't running for one..

In the very original and unedited video I seen it was clear shots were fired after the swiping action

• Registered Users Posts: 15,182 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

He looks like his back was turned and he was going into the house when they opened fire...that's the way it looks in the video, he came back out then they dropped him with a few shots.
    Unless there was a guard in the house he wasn't running for one..
    I thought this too.

I hear shots ...then he either falls (because he is shot) or swings around ..I can't tell which.

It could be the first bullet hit him. We dont know.

Every bullet must be accounted for.

People said they could see a knife in the video. I couldn't see anything whether he had a knife or not. It was too far away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Mimon

Tell the Irish Times, then - who have officially reported, in the newspaper of record, that the gunshot happened beforehand - making that the official account, of our countries leading newspaper.

Link please?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,224 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Despite the fact that there appears to be a video disproving the above, I don't think anyone should be surprised that the Gardaí forcefully stopped a person acting in a highly threatening manner from entering a dwelling with a knife - especially given what occurred leading up to that moment.

Entering a dwelling, it was his home, no?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭GT89

Saw videos of them attacking buses in Blanchardstown scum the lot of them

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭ThewhiteJesus

kippy wrote: »
    And if there was wrong done it will come out.

I hope so, providing the investigation is independent.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

Its about 340m/s from what I remember.

The times can say what they like, the garda press office have not said this.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,182 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

gary550 wrote: »
    In the very original and unedited video I seen it was clear shots were fired after the swiping action
    With all due respect.

It was the Times who claimed that they had a video in which shots were fired before.

They stated it quite clearly.

They had the original.

The others were edited.

• Registered Users Posts: 52,017 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Got what he deserved.
    Was there any shots before he attacked the lad in the shop?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Hijpo

Every single one of those people running around screaming and breaking stuff up is 100% mentally unstable. You do not need a degree to figure that out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭CinemaGuy45

Seen videos of them smashing up Dublin buses now and a Spar shop. How the hell are locals tolerating this trash that are destroying their local community.? Why are they not been arrested ? This behavior will be acceptable unless the forces stop it.

Yet we are told the fictional far right are the real problem along with our white privilege.

What we are seeing today is the behaviour of black people.

Mod: Banned

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

I thought this too.

I hear shots ...then he either falls (because he is shot) or swings around ..I can't tell which.

It could be the first bullet hit him. We dont know.

Every bullet must be accounted for.

People said they could see a knife in the video. I couldn't see anything whether he had a knife or not. It was too far away.

He was swinging a draft excluder.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,503 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

It doesn't matter. How do you know the Gardaí on the ground knew it was his home? Regardless do you think it would have been OK for Gardaí to allow him enter not knowing that there could be other people within the house who would be placed in grave danger if he entered with a knife?

What people essentially are saying is that it would have been better for Gardaí to let a male, acting in a highly aggressive manner, to enter a home with a knife which could lead to a siege situation where they have absolutely no control over what happens inside that house.

It would be a different story today is someone had been murdered in that house. People need to have a little perspective and screw their heads on.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Could be like The Purge out around that area tonight. Feel sorry for the decent people living there.

..... I'm actually staying in hartstown tonight :o

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Gerrymandering reborn

Gardai at the scene doing feck all as usual

https://streamable.com/7ahhro

Do you honestly think they are going to step out surrounded by feral individuals who are spitting on their car with a highly likely hood they will get spat on themselves?

• Registered Users Posts: 56,469 ✭✭✭✭walshb

So it seems that there is some form of mob violence and anarchy happening in parts of Dublin now

Has any elected official called for these people to stop, go home, be dealt with?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,602 ✭✭✭✭kippy

I hope so, providing the investigation is independent.

GSOC will do a good job on it.

I just hope that sense prevails and that those inciting hatred will calm the jets and let due process occur.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Makes no difference, you can't have an armed criminal who has just assaulted someone barricade himself inside a building.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭KyussB

Despite the fact that there appears to be a video disproving the above, I don't think anyone should be surprised that the Gardaí forcefully stopped a person acting in a highly threatening manner from entering a dwelling with a knife - especially given what occurred leading up to that moment.
    Our newspaper of record disagress with you - and the guys is facing away from the house, so stop making shit up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 253 ✭✭Beltby

The family are innocent.

Videos showing a man being shot are nothing more than gratuitous.

We don't need to know the narrative until the investigation is finished.

Well tell that to the people rioting as we speak.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Just saw the video of innocent shoppers trapped in the Spar where "white b@stards" was being screamed at them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,005 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Even if the guards knew that, which they likely didn't and even he had said it was, they've no reason to believe him, is it acceptable for someone with a knife who's just commited assault to be allowed back into their house? They've no idea if the guy means to do any harm to someone inside.

Imagine he went in and attacked someone in the house, what would people be saying then about the guards leaving him walk away?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement