Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

George Nkencho shooting *Mod warning Added to OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭Rugbymad2020

Let’s call a spade a spade.....fuvk him,he got what he deserved and all he’s little friends and scumbags protesting should be shot too.do the country a favour and get hard on these little ****ers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Mimon

With all due respect.

It was the Times who claimed that they had a video in which shots were fired before.

They stated it quite clearly.

They had the original.

The others were edited.

I've just read the Irish Times article and it says nothing of the sort. It doesn't say that there was no knife attack before they fired, just at that moment there was a shot and he swung his arm around.

Dangerous making up stuff when people are getting beaten up by thugs due to a social media frenzy.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭ThewhiteJesus

Entering a dwelling, it was his home, no?

what i don't get is they followed him home from the shop talking to him,
    normal run of the mill garda who are mostly sound in my experience, and granted unarmed but if the man was really dangerous would he not have attacked them then ?
    It just doesn't add up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

walshb wrote: »
    So it seems that there is some form of mob violence and anarchy happening in parts of Dublin now

Has any elected official called for these people to stop, go home, be dealt with?

Orchestrated violence at that.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,224 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

gary550 wrote: »
    In the very original and unedited video I seen it was clear shots were fired after the swiping action

He was definitely in the door way with his back to everyone as if he was going into the house when the first shot was fired there's no questioning that, crystal clear from the full video.
    There was shots fired like you said but that's when he came back out.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭ThewhiteJesus

Let’s call a spade a spade.....fuvk him,he got what he deserved and all he’s little friends and scumbags protesting should be shot too.do the country a favour and get hard on these little ****ers

seriously is there any need for stuff like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,313 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Let’s call a spade a spade....

You know ‘spade’ in that context doesn’t mean ‘a digging implement’...?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

what i don't get is they followed him home from the shop talking to him,
    normal run of the mill garda who are mostly sound in my experience, and granted unarmed but if the man was really dangerous would he not have attacked them then ?
    It just doesn't add up.

So they went for a stroll along with an armed male who just seriously assaulted someone. That never happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 56,469 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Entering a dwelling, it was his home, no?

Yes, it was

Do you think that should have been the end of it?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,503 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

KyussB wrote: »
    Our newspaper of record disagress with you - and the guys is facing away from the house, so stop making shit up.

I agree. I'm just pointing out that I don't see how things could have played out differently even if he was entering the house at the time the first shot was fired. I just think its baffling people think Gardaí would just let someone walk into a house with a knife after the manner in which he had been acting leading up to the shooting.

Yes Gardaí have an obligation to safeguard life, including that of the male, but it includes all others too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

goose2005 wrote: »
    obviously sending the message that if you get robbed by a black guy you better not call the Garda SioKKKana or else they will execute another proud wakandan warrior

George carried oit a homophopic attack :

https://imgur.com/Kq7bHF1

• Registered Users Posts: 15,182 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

gary550 wrote: »
    In the very original and unedited video I seen it was clear shots were fired after the swiping action
    You are incorrect.

Mimon wrote: »
    I've just read the Irish Times article and it says nothing of the sort. It doesn't say that there was no knife attack before they fired, just at that moment there was a shot and he swung his arm around.

Dangerous making up stuff when people are getting beaten up by thugs due to a social media frenzy.

You are also incorrect

A gunshot can be heard before the man in blue is seen swinging his arm towards the officers. It is not clear from the footage if there is something in his hand.

From the Times

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/video-of-fatal-garda-shooting-of-man-in-front-garden-of-dublin-house-to-be-examined-1.4447683

39Kz8.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭KyussB

Got what he deserved.
    Was there any shots before he attacked the lad in the shop?
    If you think he should be shot for attacking the manager alone, please state that directly.

I do not think that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭atilladehun

Could do with a bout of bad weather

• Registered Users Posts: 9,812 ✭✭✭hynesie08

"A 13 second video taken from the other side of the green"

That's the same video we've all seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭Bigmac1euro

Do you honestly think they are going to step out surrounded by feral individuals who are spitting on their car with a highly likely hood they will get spat on themselves?

Get the riot squad. It’s not that bloody hard. That area should be crawling with police. The group have been there about an hour.

Our newspaper of record disagress with you - and the guys is facing away from the house, so stop making shit up.

It is a very brief article short on detail. You are the one extrapolating and making stuff up from one line in a summary article.

• Registered Users Posts: 52,017 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

If you think he should be shot for attacking the manager alone, please state that directly.

I do not think that.

I firmly believe that if you take a knife in order to rob and attack people and then actually do that then you deserve be shot.
    I have no problem with him being shot dead at all. Good riddance.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,310 ✭✭✭Pkiernan

If I was in Blanchardstown Shopping Centre right now, I'd be taking a knee so frigging fast!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭KyussB

kippy wrote: »
    GSOC will do a good job on it.

I just hope that sense prevails and that those inciting hatred will calm the jets and let due process occur.
    GSOC are probably relatively impartial - but they are staffed with ex-police-service and ex-US-secret-service folk - probably among others.

They aren't all civilians, they have a revolving door with police services (albeit I'm not sure if that includes our own national police/defence services), so their independence and impartiality is absolutely in question.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Just saw the video of innocent shoppers trapped in the Spar where "white b@stards" was being screamed at them

Only my two cents....
    But the young, soft and naive are coming out to "support" this scumbag. Those with no cop on.

Then you have the scumbags coming out. Also young. Also no cop on but they wanna cause sh*t. Because they are scumbags. They were scumbags last week before all this and next week they'll be bigger scumbags after all this.

Just like the London riots years ago. It was protesting about some black bloke getting shot and turned into looting and fires (not saying that will happen here) but the point got so far removed from the origin. But in truth, it was always about scumbags causing ****.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

People must stop sharing the video of his death online.

His family have done nothing wrong.

We should report any social media account that reposts it.

Why? If the Gardai were wrong in any way, shape or form you can be guaranteed everyone would be begging for it to be retweeted.

Why? .

Their son is dead that is why.

Your brain is obviously incapable of any kind of subtly of thought. It is one line in a summary article and your are using it as an account of the event.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,841 ✭✭✭TomTomTim

Jesus lad. This helps no one. I'm completely against multiculturalism because of stuff like this, but people like you only hinder our cause. No one but the choir will be persuaded by the above.

“The man who lies to himself can be more easily offended than anyone else. You know it is sometimes very pleasant to take offense, isn't it? A man may know that nobody has insulted him, but that he has invented the insult for himself, has lied and exaggerated to make it picturesque, has caught at a word and made a mountain out of a molehill--he knows that himself, yet he will be the first to take offense, and will revel in his resentment till he feels great pleasure in it.”- ― Fyodor Dostoevsky, The Brothers Karamazov

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Get the riot squad. It’s not that bloody hard. That area should be crawling with police. The group have been there about an hour.

You do realise the Public Order unit is not full time? It's manned by regular Gardai on their rest days if they're free and today is New Years Eve so they're likely not. They don't keep Gardai in plastic packets and just pop them out as needed like an Action Man.

Yet it is not. Perhaps the situation has been overblown on here?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,430 ✭✭✭MrMusician18

The family are innocent.

Videos showing a man being shot are nothing more than gratuitous.

We don't need to know the narrative until the investigation is finished.

Without the video the counter narrative that this was racially motivated couldn't be countered.

The video is everything. It shows these protestors and politicians for what they are, as race baiters and eejits looking for a cause. It is essential it stays in the public domain, so anyone pushing the false narrative can be challenged with the video of the guy lunging with the knife

• Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

Look at this thread. Any person or group of individuals that think this is acceptable behavior need a god sorting out. Iv lived in Blanch all or my life, before the land for the blanch center was ever considered and I never thought I would see what I saw in the blanchardstown centre

https://twitter.com/markbikes94/status/1344647462565380096

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,310 ✭✭✭Pkiernan

They should round up these thugs and deport those who are not Irish citizens.
    Then take the dole and free houses off the remainder.

Mod: Banned

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement