Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

George Nkencho shooting *Mod warning Added to OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 52,016 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Their son is dead that is why.

He deserves to be dead.
    Why didn’t they come out of the house and ask him to put down the knife?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭King George VI

Pkiernan wrote: »
    If I was in Blanchardstown Shopping Centre right now, I'd be taking a knee so frigging fast!

Why?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

An awful lot of videos of this black mob attacking everything and person in site. Bring in the army now if the guards are afraid. Open up a barracks for a year to keep them in. #justicefortheinnocent

Wtf are the Army going to do? Will you get real.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Mimon

Yet it is not. Perhaps the situation has been overblown on here?

Head down and see there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

Only my two cents....
    But the young, soft and naive are coming out to "support" this scumbag. Those with no cop on.

Then you have the scumbags coming out. Also young. Also no cop on but they wanna cause sh*t. Because they are scumbags. They were scumbags last week before all this and next week they'll be bigger scumbags after all this.

Just like the London riots years ago. It was protesting about some black bloke getting shot and turned into looting and fires (not saying that will happen here) but the point got so far removed from the origin. But in truth, it was always about scumbags causing ****.

The "protestors " dont have the numbers really. Not enough in Ireland just yet so it will probably just fizzle out.
    I do however expect some innocent young fellas to be preyed upon tonight and get beaten. The chap who carried out the stabbing with the broken bottle is probably sorry to be missing all of the action now that he is banged up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Klonker

At least this whole incidence will show people here how ridiculous the whole rascism/black lives matter narrative is here in Ireland. Most on here already knew but now the more naive can see it too. There's only one side driving the division.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,182 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

Mimon wrote: »
    Your brain is obviously incapable of any kind of subtly of thought.
    I would rather not engage with you after this.

I am sure you can understand why.

It would only derail the thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,310 ✭✭✭Pkiernan

Why?

So machete wielding thugs wouldn't behead me.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭GT89

Look at this thread. Any person or group of individuals that think this is acceptable behavior need a god sorting out. Iv lived in Blanch all or my life, before the land for the blanch center was ever considered and I never thought I would see what I saw in the blanchardstown centre

https://twitter.com/markbikes94/status/1344647462565380096

Round them up bring them them to the airport and return to sender is what I say

Mod: Banned

The "protestors " dont have the numbers really. Not enough in Ireland just yet so it will probably just fizzle out.

You are probably right.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,997 ✭✭✭tabby aspreme

what i don't get is they followed him home from the shop talking to him,
    normal run of the mill garda who are mostly sound in my experience, and granted unarmed but if the man was really dangerous would he not have attacked them then ?
    It just doesn't add up.

What doesn't add up is, why he didn't give up the knife before he got to the house

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭Bigmac1euro

Witcher wrote: »
    You do realise the Public Order unit is not full time? It's manned by regular Gardai on their rest days if they're free and today is New Years Eve so they're likely not. They don't keep Gardai in plastic packets and just pop them out as needed like an Action Man.

Ok so let the gangs wreck the place and injure people. I hope the police enjoy their time off. My tax money well spent. Happy NYE.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭KyussB

I agree. I'm just pointing out that I don't see how things could have played out differently even if he was entering the house at the time the first shot was fired. I just think its baffling people think Gardaí would just let someone walk into a house with a knife after the manner in which he had been acting leading up to the shooting.

Yes Gardaí have an obligation to safeguard life, including that of the male, but it includes all others too.
    I think killing a person entering his own home is an utterly absurd attempt at justification - which would be obvious given that he would most likely either need to have a key, or there would be family members or neighbours around confirming this, given there was such a scene.

None of the weight of uncertainty in this circumstance, should fall in favour of the guards - it should all be geared towards maximum scrutinty against the guards - as that's what needed to spur full public accountability here.

• Registered Users Posts: 56,454 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Wtf are the Army going to do? Will you get real.

So, what do you think should be done, if the Gardai don't tackle anarchy? Or can't curb it...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭goose2005

sabat wrote: »
    A pair of woke Manchurian candidates who were more installed than elected.

Ruane was elected by trinity graduates, she got 2,780 first preferences (18%) in the last election. Chu was elected the way all cllrs and lord mayors are, neither was ever appointed or coopted to a seat

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭michael.dublin

Scumbag, trying to rob shops given the shop assistance trauma, and mowed see protest, what the hell is going on, and this is not a black thing, even if most black is trying to make it out to be, so to all the equally scumbags out protesting and causing problem, think of the life's he has affected by his actions, but no you short minded people can't think of that,

Ok so let the gangs wreck the place and injure people. I hope the police enjoy their time off. My tax money well spent. Happy NYE.

Gardai are entitled to their time off the same as anyone else

Head down and see there.
    I would be there but 5k covid thingy.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,224 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

titan18 wrote: »
    Even if the guards knew that, which they likely didn't and even he had said it was, they've no reason to believe him, is it acceptable for someone with a knife who's just commited assault to be allowed back into their house? They've no idea if the guy means to do any harm to someone inside.

Imagine he went in and attacked someone in the house, what would people be saying then about the guards leaving him walk away?

Lot of assumptions and what if's there. From what I can see he was turned with his back heading into his family home and a shot was fired. That was either a warning shot or the shooter intended to shoot him in the back.
    I'm not going to speculate as that's all I can see at the start of the video.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭King George VI

Pkiernan wrote: »
    So machete wielding thugs wouldn't behead me.

Good point.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 253 ✭✭Beltby

How do you know the first sound is a gunshot and not a taser?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭ThewhiteJesus

He deserves to be dead.
    Why didn’t they come out of the house and ask him to put down the knife?

tayto honestly i doubt even you believe that, do you not wish for everyone involved it was handled differently without anyone dying no matter your viewpoint.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 725 ✭✭✭ElJeffe

I'm afraid parts of Dublin look more and more like parts of London and Birmingham every day.

We also seem to have the same lack of urgency from our police force and politicans to tackle the issue.

Maybe it's me and the way I was raised but all respect for the Gardai seems to have disappeared and that is a major problem.

walshb wrote: »
    So, what do you think should be done, if the Gardai don't tackle anarchy? Or can't curb it...

The army have **** all power to do anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Mimon

I would rather not engage with you after this.

I am sure you can understand why.

It would only derail the thread.

You have come wading in here with ridiculous arguments and dangerously misrepresenting the situation. I have every right to challenge an argument I see as ridiculous.

Head down and see there.

Protect people, I've seen over a dozen videos of innocent people been attacked by black gangs. Shocking stuff.
    These scum should all be in cells tonight. Its a wake up call for Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,829 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

• Registered Users Posts: 56,454 ✭✭✭✭walshb

The army have **** all power to do anything.

But what can we as a state/society do to tackle anarchy if the Gradia can't, or won't?

I am wondering what options are available to society to protect life and property...

I always thought the army were an option?

Beltby wrote: »
    How do you know the first sound is a gunshot and not a taser?
    The Irish times.

Its been reported there was no video of the taser or the pepper spray. That was why it was so emphasized by he police. Some people still don't believe it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52,016 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

tayto honestly i doubt even you believe that, do you not wish for everyone involved it was handled differently without anyone dying no matter your viewpoint.

He dictated how it was handled.
    He refused to drop the knife and actually attacked.
    Should have been shot earlier imo as there was a serious chance that he would attack someone else.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement