Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

George Nkencho shooting *Mod warning Added to OP*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

Such hassle and hardship. The same with the case in carrigaline where a black youth stabbed a teen numerous times while he was on the ground after breaking a bottle over his head.
    Now a man wandering around a shopping centre with a machete and assaulting shop workers.
    Such hassle. Does anyone really want this?

nullzero wrote: »
    Hang on a minute, that was a peaceful assault. You must be a racist for showing that, the Irish times said everything is OK in Blanchardstown.

It was a violent assault, but otherwise peaceful.

- Ruth Coppinger

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭DeanAustin

Tzardine wrote: »
    I saw a very clear video of a mother and son being punched to the ground on the path outside Circle K in Hartstown.

What do you say to that?

Haven't seen that video but if that's what happened, I'd utterly condemn it.

My point is that some people are labelling videos in a certain way that suits a narrative and most videos lack context. Which is why I can draw absolutely no conclusions from the shooting video and I'm amazed so many can.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,360 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Video of the woman being punched to the ground by these animals.

https://www.facebook.com/TheLiberal.ie/videos/2846074382382353

Shame it's hosted by that shïtbox The Liberal.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,670 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Videos of this doing the rounds. Members of a mob filmed spitting (not sure if at an individual or at the shopfront generally). Needs to be handled right in case it really kicks off, but these kids need to get the f*ck home and the public order unit sent in.

"I hope you die slowly, you're a white bastard".

Imagine the uproar if that was a crowd of white youngsters shouting same with white changed to black!!

Racism only goes one way it seems.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

Clearly not related, according to some...

According to who? I would love to know.

BS.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭KyussB

Danzy wrote: »
    When that person is a deranged psycho who has already attached 2 people, with a machete, threatened more and has a history of extreme violence, then it is more than enough justification.

What do you think they should have done, let him go, maybe get a gun, barricade himself in to the house, who knows.

They might not be the highest earning people in society but they'll still want to go home alive to their families and keep the community safe.
    If you think police shooting someone because "maybe [he'll] get a gun" is a valid justification, then we both fundamentally and irrecoverably disagree on what justifies shooting someone - personally I think that's an absurd justification that can be used to justify almost any shooting...

I want the police, all of them, to go home safe the same as every civilian in a circumstance like this - but we train them and pay them to uphold very high standards in how they deal with circumstances like this - and if we fail to uphold those standards, it harms the police and civlians both, as well as threatening to erode the quality of the overall police force, in a way that can be misused corruptly against the overall population if we let standards drop enough.

That's why we're supposed to hold them to an extremely high standard, here.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,182 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

The pleas of familial innocence when said family members are stoking this online are a bit much tbh.
    They are not. All there have been are fake accounts asking for money.

Report them.

There are many. The family are not online.

For their own safety too i would imagine

Report any of these accounts.

They are up to no good.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,851 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

KyussB wrote: »
    GSOC are probably relatively impartial - but they are staffed with ex-police-service and ex-US-secret-service folk - probably among others.

They aren't all civilians, they have a revolving door with police services (albeit I'm not sure if that includes our own national police/defence services), so their independence and impartiality is absolutely in question.

Lots of probably, suppositions, and conspiracy theories.

DeanAustin wrote: »
    Haven't seen that video but if that's what happened, I'd utterly condemn it.

My point is that some people are labelling videos in a certain way that suits a narrative and most videos lack context. Which is why I can draw absolutely no conclusions from the shooting video and I'm amazed so many can.

https://www.facebook.com/TheLiberal.ie/videos/2846074382382353

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Larsso30

According to who? I would love to know.

BS.

That is 1miilion % the garage at hartstown

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭ToddDameron

The picture of the security guard is fairly upsetting if it is real. Thoughts are with him, must feel awful to have people protesting in favour of your attacker.

NIMAN wrote: »
    "I hope you die slowly, you're a white bastard".

Racism only goes one way it seems.
    That would be racist.

Happy?

The picture of the security guard is fairly upsetting if it is real. Thoughts are with him, must feel awful to have people protesting in favour of your attacker.

I think that one has been debunked.

• Registered Users Posts: 56,434 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Hopefully the gardai use the force needed tonight to stop this scum,and are not hampered by bearochercy.

Not a sniff from elected officials to condemn this scum behavior/reaction.

But you can bet your bottom dollar if the Gardai bring it under control, the elected officials will be out condemning them as thugs and heavy-handed and over the top....

Larsso30 wrote: »

Of course it is. Horrible scumbags attacking a woman (or of course anybody) like that.

I think that one has been debunked.
    It won't stop people believing it.

Nor stop people reposting it even after its been debunked.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Covit

screamer wrote: »
    Well they can shove that

M

Of course it is. Horrible scumbags attacking a woman (or of course anybody) like that.
    They didn't.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,161 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

I'm not seeing "riots" in the circulating videos. I'm seeing mostly teenagers shouting and rattling windows and doors and in most cases of escalation it's a small minority of scrotes involved. There are a fair number of White people standing around which I would imagine wouldn't be the case if it were a "race riot" going on. It could get out of hand quickly though now the blood's up.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Advertisement

walshb wrote: »
    Not a sniff from elected officials to condemn this scum behavior/reaction.

No riots have been reported in any national news paper.

Could it be they are not happening?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭KyussB

kravmaga wrote: »
    GSOC are totally independent of AGS, they were set up to replace the former Garda Complaint's Board.

They may have ex Police in their ranks who are well versed and experienced in investigations and procedures into complaints made about AGS.

GSOC is hardly going to recruit a chef or a delivery driver to their ranks.

Your comments are only your opinions and not based on any evidence or facts.

You can speculatate all you like on here, thats all it is though.
    It's a fact that GSOC have recruited ex-PSNI and ex-US-intelligence folk into their ranks.

I absolutely do think that's a conflict of interest - even if it's not a direct conflict with the Gardai (and it'd need to be looked at closer, in more direct detail, to verify there are no ex-Gardai - because GSOC folk have revolved into roles in other Gardai-related agencies after being in GSOC...).

It looks a lot like there are revolving doors operating at GSOC. Ireland has some of the most corrupt and impotent regulatory agencies on the planet - so it's only fair to consider GSOC in the same light.

Larsso30 wrote: »

I just watched a video and the guards drove away, leaving all the ferals standing there ,whats that all about? Unless they went for more back up.
    Anyone know why they might do that?

It won't stop people believing it.

Nor stop people reposting it even after its been debunked.

People have to use common sense, like that attack outside the garage appears to be real for example.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭doublejobbing 2

Omackeral wrote: »
    Imagine being a black fella today and absolutely abhorring everything that’s going on. You’d be afraid to openly say that you thought George was a violent scrote lest you’d be considered a race traitor. That’s another angle of this Us vs Them agenda. MLK would be spinning in his grave.

To be fair there were apparently 200 at the protest.

There's 100,000 people in D15 and I'd easily say 8- 10 perccent must be black.

Perhaps George wasn't as popular in his own community as he is in the thoughts of Goatstown/ DLR Marxists like Murphy and Boyd Barrett.

• Registered Users Posts: 916 ✭✭✭1hnr79jr65

If it is to be believed that this guy had mental health issues, then that alone made the decision my the Garda that fired shots the most correct decision as someone with mental health issues can be more unpredictable.

Guy was tasered and kept going, guy was pepper sprayed and kept going, guy had a knife and already stabbed someone and threatening the lives of others. Yes its not nice he got shot however it seems it was a necessary outcome to stop further injury or loss of life.

The fact that race and mental health are being used as a defense is not appropriate to the situation, there was a similar incident where Gardai made a decision to shoot someone as he had a knife. Mark Hennessy was shot and killed after producing a stanley knife and threatening the Gardai after he was wanted for murder of Justine Valdez.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/suspected-abductor-shooting-garda%C3%AD-trained-to-shoot-at-centre-mass-of-body-1.3503070

Maybe those that are claiming racism should educate themselves on how many such incidents actually take place in Ireland compared to the US.

And as being pointed out numerous times, any firearms officers in any country are trained to shoot center mass (torso) as it is the most effective target. Limbs are not shot at due to movement and possible stray shots hitting bystanders, also being less effective for neutralising targets.

This Garda that made the shot did the right thing under extremely distressing circumstances.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

Jake1 wrote: »
    I just watched a video and the guards drove away, leaving all the ferals standing there ,whats that all about? Unless they went for more back up.
    Anyone know why they might do that?

Gone for tea?
    Gardai are probably under instruction to be light handed at the minute as many eyes are watching and waiting

Wibbs wrote: »
    I'm not seeing "riots" in the circulating videos. I'm seeing mostly teenagers shouting and rattling windows and doors and in most cases of escalation it's a small minority of scrotes involved. There are a fair number of White people standing around which I would imagine wouldn't be the case if it were a "race riot" going on. It could get out of hand quickly though now the blood's up.

they just punched the head off a woman and her son at the local garage here in hartstown, so slightly more than window rattling

• Registered Users Posts: 19,887 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

They didn't.

Definitely. She was not attacked at all.

She was at fault for standing there and not just laying down to let them walk over here when they were attacking the young fella they were apparently after. Someone on here implied it was her son. I don't know if it's true or not.

Anyway, given her refusal to immediately fling herself on the ground, I conclude that she is likely just a racist herself!

Better warn your racist grannies to be ready to jump out of the way in case anything similar happens to them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,493 ✭✭✭Masala

So what is going to happen if this mob mentality continues tonight and who neighborhoods get held to ransom...... is the Government ready to come down hard by employing full riot routines with both the GSC and Army.

We gotta stamp this out early..... no mercy

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement